Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146557 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
@prettytrust unique, special and interesting indeed...but what is your EDD from LMP??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hello my people.

@Rukemi
Enjoy ur sallah. My doc said same.

@prettytrust
You wl likely give birth before that time, and next scan may probAbly give diff EDD. I hv 3 diff EDD now, though with 2days apart each. Am not bothered by EDD i hv told God when l want to hv my baby.

@all
I went to a PEP store today for window shopping and picked two baby track suits. Their prices are good and material ok.

Pls can someone advice on breast pump? I need to get one ASAP. In my last ANC d nurse talkedd well on d need to express milk, makes babies to be well fed. A colleague of mine just returned from mat leave, infact am impressed, u need to see how her 2.3kg baby at birth is looking so chubby, courtesy of gud feeding. She comes to work wt d pump, expressed at work and refrigerate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 5:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Barka da Sallah to all the belleful mums in the house.

@udoka, I used tommee tippee breast pump and for me sha I'll suggest you try their products I had no issue whatsoever with mine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Yesterday, my wife was told that her cervix had started to dilate.
Last night I asked them to test for UTI infection again, midwife was reluctant but said she would let the doctors know in the morning.
This morning I wrote an email complaint to the hospital and copied in the Head of Midwifery and also one of the consultant obstetricians.

This afternoon by 2pm when I visited they the Head of midwifery had come to see my wife who later told me that it was the 2nd time that she had seen her today and that the consultant had also been to seer her twice.

The hospital had run a few tests and they had given her a Progesterone suppository to insert in her vagina daily that would slow down / delay dilation of of the cervix called Cyclogest.

They also still considering stitching the cervix.
later on a diabetic nurse saw her and then a Junior Doctor came and told her all test including swab (of the cervix?) was good and suggests that a miscarriage is not likely to occur.

Glory be to God!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2013
Thank God for u oh! General, she will carry to term in jesus name!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2013
@GB
I trust God to see ur wife thru, but i personally dont like d idea of cyclogest. Its given in d case of low progesterone and thats not d case here. In most cases cyclogest irritates the cervix, so l dont buy in this idea. L think stitching and repeating d infection test wl be d best option for now and of course d placenta previa someone mentioned else and finally crossing our fingers for d best!

@uwani
Its urs manual or electric and how much pls?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Gen Buhari. Thank God o. I was reading with my heart in my mouth until i saw the last part. I wish her well.

Prettytrust. I was told scan dates are not as accurate as manually calculated EDD. I also have 3 EDDs with 3 and 5 days difference. But the Doctor's own seem to be the most favourable for me. I pray it is o.

Uwani. Thank u my dear sister.

Udoka. I have also got the tommy tippee bre.as.t pump. I once came here to ask about it, and was told it's good to get a pump for a working Mum. I am glad Uwani said it is good. I think it is manual sha. We got it #7500.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
@Rukemi
Thanks alot. Did urs come with storage containers and icing pack? My colleagues brand electric came with these, she bought abroad at 72k. I will prfer electric learnt it easier but not willing to spend more than 15k oo else l get d manual jaree
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
GenB, AHHHHHHH, am relieved now. Thanks to God. @all, hope u enjoyed ur day.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2013
udoka2: @Rukemi
Thanks alot. Did urs come with storage containers and icing pack? My colleagues brand electric came with these, she bought abroad at 72k. I will prfer electric learnt it easier but not willing to spend more than 15k oo else l get d manual jaree

I dont know the names of all the things inside o. I just know there is a feeding bottle and everything is in a bowl. The bowl is wrapped with a nylon then put in a carton. We haven't torn the nylon to see all the things inside.

But wait o, 72k for only brea,st pump? How much will they get a baby bath? Na Jonathan's brother she marry?

We also saw another one 'avent' (abi na avensis), its around 8k.
Anyway, let Uwani come and tell us how much she got hers. It's definitely not more than these ranges, biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 6:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Gen Buhari L think stitching d cervix and placing her on bed rest is dbest option, give her our regards,
Udoka Ingot d ellectric one for 11k its also tomme tippie, expressing milk will also let your hubby have d plwasure of feeding his baby, plus u can get ur rest while someone else feeds d baby.
Pretty trust i have 4 diff EDDs the scan guy says its based on my baby size and weight, but am trusting God for His perfect time whilst hoping d baby comes at 38 weeks
or max 40 weeks i dont want 42 weeks....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kheti(f): 6:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Lolllll, those breast pumps are usually expensive. Tht 72k one prob is electronic nd comes wit 2pumps nd 2bottles. The one my sister uses is electronic too bt one pump nd one bottle. She tried the manual and it didn't even pump one drop

@everybdy,Good morning cheesy Went for another ultrasound yesterday, God is really a miraculous God, nothing like seeing ur little miracle on the screen #marchmummy. Av a nice day everybdy

@gen buhari we bless God for the miracle. It is well wit ur wife
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2013
@All,

We feel more relieved and the good news has made my wife much more relaxed which would hopefully help her BP to come down lower.

@udoka2,
We are still pushing for the cervix to be stitched, but in the meantime we hope the Cyclogest delays further dilation until we could hopefully convince the doctors to stitch the cervix.

I am also cynical enough to realise that doctors sometimes tell you things are better than they really are, to "get you off their backs" when you start pressuring them too much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettimoi(f): 7:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Good morning butiful mamas.i ve been following this thread from page to page but never commented until now.am expecting my 3rd child.EDD is 1st week of dec.concerning this breast pump, my advice for mothers now is to wait after delivery and be sure its needed.the one i got for my 1st baby was never used, because my milk was flowing like tap and wit little effort i xpress bottles of milk for her. For pple dat rilli need it,i will advice u go for electric one cos manual will disappoint and mess u up according to my colleague.@ coursemates=udoka,bigmom. Hw are u guys pushing? am xperiencing heartburn and was given gestid but i hate drugs sooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by filcast(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2013
hi all,pls can someone recommend a good hospital for antenatal around ajuwon/akute area.thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 16, 2013
Oh dear! you leave this thread for a few days only to come back and find you have missed 10 pages!!!! shocked Abeg pregnancy induced laziness no gree me read all o, but I pray for all of us and I hope we are all Fine.
Mehn, me I dey get annoying pregnancy things like, I noticed my eyesight is three times worse, can't watch tv easily, my memory too ( they said it's pregnancy brain) and my wrist and fingers on my left hand pains me seriously!!! But in all, I still thank God, because I still think I have a wonderful pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2013
@gen buhari....thank God for the good news....i think the drs may be on to something with the cyclogest though! I read aigboma's old posts yesterday....we all know she had pre eclempsia too....she took cyclogest till 30 weeks!

You can read more on this page
https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/50

Whichever way sha we are sure this baby is going to be carried to term!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2013
fnor. You are so right. It will create a form of bond for father and child too.

kheti. It's the manual one that the shop introduced to us. I hope it will work o.

Prettymoi. You are right about waiting, but you know anxiety would not let one wait, especially for the first child. I am quite sure there are somethings we bought that baby may not even use sef.

Bludeville. The pregnancy brain thing can be annoying really.
I remember during small Sallah that Hubby and I went to collect his newly sewn Sallah clothes. Would you believe I forgot the nylon containing the clothes in the bus? The man suffered that day trying to locate the bus. Thank God he got it somehow. Since then, he doesn't let me hold anything that can't fit into my bag no matter how light it is... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olivia3d: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Hi pregger moms, im a march mum too. Pls can someone help me with a nice place where i cAn get quality baby items in abuja?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2013
@favoredgal
Thats a good one there! Apparantly theres more to cyclogest than commonly known. @GB l pray for more gudnews on this.

@Rukemi
Me i fear oo when i heard d 72k, thank God we hv cheaper brands. Thanks to all that contributed. Done with 90percent of baby shopping, dont want to go to Balogun again. Will check Chicco Center around me, i pray their brand is as cheap as 11k, Chicco products are good too. Actually bought their toliteries for my baby.

@Preetimol
Lol @coursemate. Am pushing well, only rib pains, cant wait to sleep fully on my back and tommy!

@all
When did you pack your hospital bag?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
I am so happy for you GenB, your wife will carry to term and announce the arrival of her LO by God's grace.

I also got the manual tommee tippee pump for 5500 from Sahad storers Abuja, it comes with a container and an extra bottle.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 10:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Good day all Preggy mums, I've been following this tread for quite some time now and I must confess that Information read here have been helpful, thanks for sharing.
Kindly discuss how long it take for an LABOUR INDUCED woman to give birth, I'm asking for my wife. Pls respond ASAP
Thank you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Waiting for response pls
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Obatide: Waiting for response, pls
there is no set time, it can take a few hours or as long as 2-3 days . it depends on a lot of factors,how the body responds, the method used, the reason for induction etc
typically the shorter your gestation age and also first timers, the longer it takes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2013
Rukemi291: fnor. You are so right. It will create a form of bond for father and child too.

kheti. It's the manual one that the shop introduced to us. I hope it will work o.

Prettymoi. You are right about waiting, but you know anxiety would not let one wait, especially for the first child. I am quite sure there are somethings we bought that baby may not even use sef.

Bludeville. The pregnancy brain thing can be annoying really.
I remember during small Sallah that Hubby and I went to collect his newly sewn Sallah clothes. Would you believe I forgot the nylon containing the clothes in the bus? The man suffered that day trying to locate the bus. Thank God he got it somehow. Since then, he doesn't let me hold anything that can't fit into my bag no matter how light it is... Lol
lol! mine is so bad that sometimes I have to stop in the middle of cooking trying to remember the next step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Bludeville:
there is no set time, it can take a few hours or as long as 2-3 days . it depends on a lot of factors,how the body responds, the method used, the reason for induction etc
typically the shorter your gestation age and also first timers, the longer it takes.
Thanks for the response
This is a case of 3rd birth(1st &2nd were born at EDD with normal & natural Labour).
For this one, they said her LMP is post due since last week, but EDD from scan is still next week, so they started inducement on Monday's night and Labour is yet to commence still. What should we do pls?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2013
Obatide: Good day all Preggy mums, I've been following this tread for quite some time now and I must confess that Information here have been helpful, thanks for sharing.
Kindly discuss how long it takes for an LABOUR INDUCED woman to give birth, I'm asking for my wife. Pls respond ASAP
Thank you all
Obatide:
This is a case of 3rd birth(1st &2nd were born at EDD with normal & natural Labour).
For this one, they said her LMP is post due since last week, but EDD from scan is still next week, so they started inducement on Monday's night and Labour is yet to commence still. What should we do pls?
Thanks ahead of responses
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldwaters(f): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
Obatide:

Was she already dilating b4 she was induced? Cos I don't understand y she was induced since d edd from scan is nxt wk u said
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
goldwaters:
Was she already dilating b4 she was induced? Cos I don't understand y she was induced since d edd from scan is nxt wk u said
She wasn't
She went for ANC on that day and after examining her, she was told to wait and they commenced the process
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Obatide:

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.. Labour induction comes in three stages
1. Ripening the cervix ( where they give drugs such as cytotec which can also induce contractions )
2. breaking the water
( now your cervix is ready, and your water is out of the way) some women start experiencing contractions at this stage if not then step 3
3. induced contractions ( with oxytocin injection )

In the event of a failed induction, next is CS. What are the doctors saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 12:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
The pregnancy brain thing is really annoying, sometimes at work, i will go down the stairs only for me to get there and be very lost. I might remember after i have gotten up or never even remember. It can be funny atimes though.
GenB, How is madam doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Obatide(m): 12:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Bludeville: I'm going to try to make this as short as possible.. Labour induction comes in three stages
1. Ripening the cervix ( where they give drugs such as cytotec which can also induce contractions )
2. breaking the water
( now your cervix is ready, and your water is out of the way) some women start experiencing contractions at this stage if not then step 3
3. induced contractions ( with oxytocin injection )

In the event of a failed induction, next is CS. What are the doctors saying?

They said they are watching & examining

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.