Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8181072 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisoye82: 8:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mamatukwas:
My dear we dey oh... I still have a week plus to go; can't wait. All the pressure is down below, 2cm dilated already but I never pack bag finish sha lipsrsealed
Meanwhile sabi mum's my doctor still has me on daily baby aspirin to manage my bp... Shey it doesn't hv any side effects at this late stage or if I go into labour? Pls answer me oh thanks.
It doesn't have any side effects that am aware of but you are supposed to stop taking it from 36 weeks to avoid bleeding during L& D but discuss/chat with your doctor or if you have fixed a date for CS the doc will say stop a few days b4 the surgery.
All the best

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FINA4804(f): 8:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
@prugee, Big congratulations.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
Able

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
cherrymum:
Able mamas I dey hail o. I went for immunisation today (14wks) so I met my cousin there. Her baby came for 6th month VitA. So we sha jammed there. When I Brought out Lamide's hot okababa (pap), she started screaming how i should do EBF and it's obvious that if I went for antenatal I wont go close to feeding bottles or formula or pap at all. I told her I didn't have interest in EBF and I don't have d energy, it's not something I was ever interested in (I absolutely hail mamas that do it o but me no get d power).

Now d gbege now happened when her dauta was weighed (7.7kg) and Lamide weighed (7.4kg) Na him darling cousin para again that how would my dauta be weighing what she should be weighing at 6months at 3months. She now annoyed me patapata by saying "I should watch d ARTIFICIAL things I feed my dauta".

I asked the nurse if my kid is overweight she said no.I don't feed my dauta nything apart from breast milk and pap + Nan1 and water.

Pls mamas what is in this EBF that is causing wahala everytime. What is supernatural inside. What of children that their mothers die, biko do they do EBF too. Infact because of d hype d more I am not interested. Pikin wey go smart go smart, d one wey go dull go dull. It's just prayer we need for this children.

Probably I don't understand some underlying gains of EBF, plsssssssssssssssssssssssss maybe someone should enlighten me and if God says I'll have more kids, I might see d need to do EBF.
I am on it with you jare, I don't see the reason y a grown up baby will b feeding on only BM, I might be wrong bt I find it a No for me, am just 26weeks gone and I will surely love my baby bt not with excessive BM.
I have a friend when she had her first baby she did EBF I remembered her told me dat EBF is very good blahblab tho she was a fulltime wife, fast forward to her 2nd baby she wass already feeding d baby with other food [presently working] I reminded her d benefit of EBF.....she said she doesn't have dat time! I'm nt condemning EBF for baby's bt as for me I will feed her both!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
Prugee:
Dear Mamas, Rejoice with I and DH cos Jehovah Jireh who is the God of all seasons has added to our joy with the gift of a Pretty Princess.

She arrived in grand style @ 3:50am today weighing 3.3kg.

But this my LO dey suck for Africa ooh.

BS later...
Congratulations, thankGOD for safe delivery and quickest recovery to you

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
smiley congratulations prugee on the birth of your LO, may the good Lord give you strength and wisdom to raise him/her according to what the good book says.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
Iyabetajos:

lolz same happened to me.also on unpaid leave.one of my colleagues said she cannot imagine leaving cos of ordinary pregnancy .i no Even send them.make i c my pikin dts wat am after
exactly, every man for his own abegi angry cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourish89: 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
mitchyy:

I didn't buy o. I only did window shopping. I can't remember if its convertible or not
ok.tnk u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Heavenly Father, the Creator of universe, it's your will for us to be fruitful and multiply. Thanks for your wondrous work in our lives, for your precious blood that speak on our behalf in the camp of the enemies. We praise you for your grace and favour.
Great deliverer, we run to the cross to have mercy upon us, be a shield during pregnancy, give our pregnant women easy delivery like an hebrew woman.
Every negative report against our pregnancies hereby cancelled in Jesus name. Every power activating failure in delivery room, be fruitless in Jesus name. I destroy every power of miscarriages, any form of abnormal bleeding, malfunction of the babies and prolong labour in Jesus name.
The Angels of our babies behold the face of God continually. You spirit of disappointment after nine months, I bind you in Jesus name. Our babies shall come out alive, healthy, strong because nothing shall harm our young and we mothers shall be alive without complication after delivery in Jesus name.
We also remember our atc mamas, open book of remembrance that their womb will carry pregnancy for good nine months and let their children come forth because there's no weapon fashioned against us shall prosper in Jesus name.
O Lord strengthen the nursing mothers and their little ones. Take away all diseases and sickness away from us. Let our joy be full for in Jesus name we ask, amen

38 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mamatukwas: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
Bisoye82:

It doesn't have any side effects that am aware of but you are supposed to stop taking it from 36 weeks to avoid bleeding during L& D but discuss/chat with your doctor or if you have fixed a date for CS the doc will say stop a few days b4 the surgery.
All the best

Thanks dear. Il raise it at my next visit coz I'm over 36 weeks.

Congrats @Prugee!! God bless your LO.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2016
Prugee:
Dear Mamas, Rejoice with I and DH cos Jehovah Jireh who is the God of all seasons has added to our joy with the gift of a Pretty Princess.

She arrived in grand style @ 3:50am today weighing 3.3kg.

But this my LO dey suck for Africa ooh.

BS later...

Congrats ma. We thank God for safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
olubankemi:
@Humbledbygrace, with R3500 and you don shopping? That pretty little you spent oo. Wait oo, you are not a FTM right? Thinking maybe you have some things in stock. Converting that to Naira is cheap cheap men.

As for the list ee, thread is so superb. I got my list here and the one my friend to me is what I used to do shopping.

I asked for list from my hospital when I was 24weeks and he told me not yet. I just dey look them. I will have to fire them soon cos till date no list has been handed over to me.

I see so many short comings that I just can't imagine such a clinic could do such.

They don't do health talk and no hospital list.

All we do it watch TV and wait for dr in a cool calm environment, na wetin we go chop be that? I go to a govt hosp, and lucky to be here, what of those that only use them? Meaning they might not know some basic things they should know.

It was a colleague who told me I am not supposed to scratch my tommy during pregnancy to avoid stretch mark, I was like why? And she said we're you not told in your health class? I dey look like dummy. a guy confirmed it and another colleague same. Hmmm.

As for what people are saying, no woman body and pregnancy is same. Let them say.

Some when it's their turn they do worst things. A guy told me am lazy and I replied him what I do his wife can't try half of it. She is an house wife and he comes to the office and buy egg roll to eat in the morning, and for lunch he eats rice and beans, that is his food Monday to Friday, no changes. Told him with my condition I still cook in the morning and bring to the office, but his wife can't try it ones for him.
Yes R3500, you know we will do shopping again for clothes few weeks after the baby is born as they outgrow their clothes pretty fast. I am not a ftm but when my first died I only kept his toddler clothes I loved, and they were only three of them, (I stole them from his clothes because by the tradition they had to be given to some old lady who would then give them to the recipient of her choice.) Gave the ones I stole to my nephew so, I have to start again. Its something like a new experience for me. smiley

When I went for blood test after missing my period, I went to a private clinic, the receptionist asked me if I was going to give birth at one of their gaenocologist hospitals, U looked at hubby who asked how much. The guy smiled and told us CS is 60k while VB is 50k or less. Hubby kindly told him no, he just needs me checked up. We paid and they advised me to go and register with government hospital as early as possible so they can monitor me very well. I've been going for ANC since I was six weeks but never had those classes people talk about, Pampers and Johnson & Johnson crew always come but do nothing, was surprised when one cuddlers representative came on my last ANC visit and gave us a lecture with freebies. But honestly on a good day we just wait to be attended to, go get med if you need it and go home.

It was my friend's mom who told me only to pat or rub my tummy when its itching. With my last I didn't have anything nasty as the ever black stripes on my thighs and waist. Bio oil odor is a no, no for me for now, will deal with the horrible stuff after borning.

That guy should not take his frustrations on you, and I envy you girl, I can't stand food being cooked, I stay far away from the kitchen. Two weeks ago I visited a family friend and she left me with her kids and told me to fix something for myself. I wanted to object but thought, "why not? Its been a while I actually cooked anything." So I put chicken on the stove, believe you me, hubby had to fetch me from there sick. The house smelled chicken and I stayed outside till hubby arrived for me, couldn't use the lift either, something was just smelling in there. I try to keep distance, only meet up with people when I really have to.

Looks like I found another epistle lover like me. kiss kiss

Nurse Kaffy4bill sawubona Ma.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
sayoddy:
Heavenly Father, the Creator of universe, it's your will for us to be fruitful and multiply. Thanks for your wondrous work in our lives, for your precious blood that speak on our behalf in the camp of the enemies. We praise you for your grace and favour.
Great deliverer, we run to the cross to have mercy upon us, be a shield during pregnancy, give our pregnant women easy delivery like an hebrew woman.
Every negative report against our pregnancies hereby cancelled in Jesus name. Every power activating failure in delivery room, be fruitless in Jesus name. I destroy every power of miscarriages, any form of abnormal bleeding, malfunction of the babies and prolong labour in Jesus name.
The Angels of our babies behold the face of God continually. You spirit of disappointment after nine months, I bind you in Jesus name. Our babies shall come out alive, healthy, strong because nothing shall harm our young and we mothers shall be alive without complication after delivery in Jesus name.
We also remember our atc mamas, open book of remembrance that their womb will carry pregnancy for good nine months and let their children come forth because there's no weapon fashioned against us shall prosper in Jesus name.
O Lord strengthen the nursing mothers and their little ones. Take away all diseases and sickness away from us. Let our joy be full for in Jesus name we ask, amen
Amen, as it was with Jesus Christ so shall it be with us on earth amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by raptor2: 9:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
sayoddy:

Amen and Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by raptor2: 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
@Purgee Congrats. We thank God for Safe delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 10:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hnmmmm, i'm 18weeks today went for a scan and ws told my cervix OS is slightly open sad. Cervical length 42mm and was advised to do a cerclage.

My worries, is it not too late to hv a cerclage? What are the disadvantges/advantages of having dis procedure done? Can d cervix close on its own without necessarily putting a cerclage? Pls mama's who hv gone thru dis pls answer me soon abeg.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Ok I am Team Blue! angry angry sad I don't understand sef. I saw his Johnny! Ahh! What happens to the gorgeous silver & gold crown, Alice turban and tulle skirt I ordered online? Make them just change am send me walking stick and face cap sad. It is well! I Love you Son! kiss

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliebest(f): 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Mrsbw and prugee, congrats. May your los give you joy continually.

Other mamas, weldone o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
Congrats Prugee, may your child always bring you joy and pride. Amin

Amen to all the prayers.
Safe delivery to all the pregnant women in here. Amin
SharpSharpBFP to all ATC mothers. Amin
Happy Vigilante-ing to the the Vigilante mamas.

Mompurity, sharpely do as adviced!
Incompetent cervix is one of the main reasons miscarriages occur in 2nd trimester.
You are lucky it was discovered before you started leaking amniotiv fluid.
Please get it done.
May God provide and replenish the strength, money and time you will have to sacrifice. Amin.

Goldenruby embarassed
Didnt youhear? That 2016 is year of the boys. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
goldenruby:
Ok I am Team Blue! angry angry sad I don't understand sef. I saw his Johnny! Ahh! What happens to the gorgeous silver & gold crown, Alice turban and tulle skirt I ordered online? Make them just change am send me walking stick and face cap sad. It is well! I Love you Son! kiss
Where did u carry out the scan sis? Hubby is bent on knowing d sex left to me I would av preferred getting my surprise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by raptor2: 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2016
mompurity2:
Hnmmmm, i'm 18weeks today went for a scan and ws told my cervix OS is slightly open sad. Cervical length 42mm and was advised to do a cerclage.

My worries, is it not too late to hv a cerclage? What are the disadvantges/advantages of having dis procedure done? Can d cervix close on its own without necessarily putting a cerclage? Pls mama's who hv gone thru dis pls answer me soon abeg.

My dear what you are doing is emergency cerclage and it is not too late
Like Zayine said thank God it was discovered on time and you are not licking amniotic fluid. Please be on bedrest immediately and also after the cerclage.
Don't worry God will perfect all He started
And please do it on time .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Congrats prugee! Kisses to ur lo kiss

Cherrymum my teamie abeg bone that ur cousin ebf no be by fire by force! She is most likely starving her child all in the name of ebf for the baby to be weighing 7.4 at 6 months! So Lamide is already on pap? I need to upgrade Ekene bobo o! But afraid dey catch me make the guy no over blow! As he is already 7.5 on only bm and fomular undecided anyways kisses to your lo jawe kiss

Goldenruby ndo o! Lmao at face cap and walking stick grin your next journey will be pink u hear wink

Mompurity2
God is in control just relax your mind and do the cerclage! All will be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Blessedmum:

Where did u carry out the scan sis? Hubby is bent on knowing d sex left to me I would av preferred getting my surprise.
Nitro diagnostic obantoko, and it's 3D. That sacred Heart scan is minus 1D cheesy

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! mummy Ekene

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
goldenruby:
Nitro diagnostic obantoko, and it's 3D. That sacred Heart scan is minus 1D cheesy

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! mummy Ekene
I ll ping u for more details, dont mind Sacred heart ,lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 2:11am On Mar 15, 2016
bintudon:
Good morning mama's, please what can I do? I'm feeling pain in my breast especially my nipple what should I do...16wks
it will go away. Just hormones

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 3:24am On Mar 15, 2016
When you start vigilante before the real vigilante###

*sighs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 3:58am On Mar 15, 2016
babythug:

*sighs*
no be small thing, been awake since 12
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:43am On Mar 15, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2016
mompurity2:

Teamie , if that is what your gynaecologist recommended as best for your babies, please waste no time then. Get it done immediately. It will work out well for you. I don't know anything about cerclage apart from what I read here from Mamas. Those who have had it before will give you more details. Read up on Google too and as your Doc some questions in addition.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 6:04am On Mar 15, 2016
babythug:

*sighs*
Kpele ..... That was my experience through out first trimester!!! But am gradually sleeping better now in this second trimester. I can imagine how you feel. It used to make me very useless during the day as I was always tired. Tried a glass of milk before bed time?? Sorry teamie.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:41am On Mar 15, 2016
lioha:
This is on the high side really. Most of these items i got them cheaper.

Baby sockset of 5 N700
sleep suit set of 6 N3200
Baby carrier N3000
bathset N9000
washable breastpad N300
Baby blanket N2300
Breast pump N5000
Rocker (fisher price plasatic) 12,000 just to mention few

Really? Where did you shop? At the market?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:46am On Mar 15, 2016
mompurity2:

I think its best you follow your Drs advice and get it done, to avoid any sad story. But for more information on cerclage, just type it in the search box here on Nairaland and search under "Health", you'll see a lot of info on it. Mamas here have trashed the issue so many times.
Don't worry, you and your LO will be fine. Our prayers are with you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.