Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8201263 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

ouch!
but, what's the solution to the stretch marks Biko

No solution per se... But ori-Shea butter, cocoa butter and bio oil work well in managing them
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Favouredmom:
Finally happy to port to this thread after viewing from the sidelines for over two years. My journey is still very far but God is able to see me through smiley

Mine was just confirmed by my doctor today so let the journey begin...

#TeamDecember for sharpsharp and smooth delivery#
Congratulations and welcome. We thank God for you. Abeg no worry, your journey no far . DEC will be here any time soon. That was how I felt when I announced mine here too last year December. But before I know it, am 5months already.
Happy bumping. ...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Teegali(f): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks @mubzay and tchiwinnie.No culture or sensitivity testing was done oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
That should have been the first thing before the presccription. Like tchwinie said Amoxil is safe in pregnancy. I'm just concerned the doc didn't run tests.
Teegali:
Thanks @mubzay and tchiwinnie.No culture or sensitivity testing was done oo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
BritneyStacy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy bad mouth. You dey laugh person now, you know how your own go dey by 38 weeks?

Hehehehehe...... fogerrit!!! norrin dey happen!!! I go carry am like dat...
I didn't even see your own bump sef... before I go hospital, come back, you don commot am cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
BritneyStacy:

I used Ori and Palmers Shea butter for the one in my buttocks and hips and I saw a remarkable reduction. This heat no dey gree me go close to creams again. Thank God no stretch marks on my stomach yet. Some people say Bio oil works for them.
But to help you prevent more from coming out, don't scratch your Tommy when it itches you. Just rub it gently

I have them on my bum, thighs, waist, hips, upper arms and tommy... and I don't scratch oh...
I cannot be naked in peace again... hubby will just be complaining anyhow...

can I start using the ori now, or when I offload?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
babythug:

No solution per se... But ori-Shea butter, cocoa butter and bio oil work well in managing them

Nne, please, don't tell me the stretch marks won't go again oh...
#HoldsHandsOnHead

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Rashes all over my chest, back and arms is something else o. The painful thing is that my lo's face and neck are full of it. Mil said it's called ifura, caused by the spilled breast milk. The other breast flows with milk when i'm feeding lo with one. Lo spills milk from mouth and runs to his neck and chest which probably caused his.
I was given prickly powder for us to use but not helping. Pls what can I use again?
Cc: Kaffy4bill, other experienced mums, help a ftm learner biko
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Mubzay you are right. Teegali, Amoxicillin is safe in pregnancy. I guess it was given to you empirically. All the best

Mubzay, howz d waddling ministry? Awaiting your good news.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
HumbledbYGrace:
I never had stretchmarks before but this one, na zebra marks I've got as part of the package.

My dear, enjoy the package. I didn't have and still do not have now. Will show it by tuesday

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
All mamas in the house, abeg I need una help oh...

Please, I need you ladies to recommend a particular shop in Lagos Island (lagos market) where I can get my baby stuff... And probably the owner's number too...

I don't want to start walking around the market, I need a merchant whose items are tested, trusted, affordable and of very good quality...

Please, I need the info like yesterday...

Please, help a sister.. thank you...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ a lot ma'am. How is Lo faring?
Am grateful to Allah (swt), my last scan showed placenta has moved up and not hindering baby's engagement. Also Lo is head down (cephalic presentation).
Its only God oo.
Been feeling dull menstrual like pain since yester nyt.
The pain isn't intense. No show yet.
How soon does labour start in 2nd preg?
soonest:
Mubzay you are right. Teegali, Amoxicillin is safe in pregnancy. I guess it was given to you empirically. All the best

Mubzay, howz d waddling ministry? Awaiting your good news.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
Evening to all mamas in d hus... I NEED UR HELP PLS!!! Dis week I clocked 38weeks according to LMP my due date is 18th of April but last week I went to scan and I found out dat am expecting a big baby cos she was already weighing 3.7kg couple with d I fibroid I have. So my question is dis is thr anything I can do to enter labour dis week or reduce the weight of d baby cos I don't want to stay to dat normal 40 weeks of LMP am having pressure in my VJ, @Britneystacy I heard u said something abt my topic pls forward it to me...ifyjip@gmail.com. .sorry for the long story o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
mubzay:
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ a lot ma'am. How is Lo faring?
Am grateful to Allah (swt), my last scan showed placenta has moved up and not hindering baby's engagement. Also Lo is head down (cephalic presentation).
Its only God oo.
Been feeling dull menstrual like pain since yester nyt.
The pain isn't intense. No show yet.
How soon does labour start in 2nd preg?
Wowwww!!! Thank God!
No one knows for sure when labour will start but you are almost there. Soon,very soon you will join the vigilante ministry. Wishing you the very best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Present ma, abeg register me well. FTM All d way. we ar just 3 weeks old

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callJesu: 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Congratulations to you all while I ask God to make provision for the fruit of the womb for those believing God for a baby

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
HumbledbYGrace:
Olubankemi my epistle lover teamie, just thought of you, Lo send his kicks to his mate. And kiss kiss and hugs from me, just thought of you love.

May roll call please?

Hello dear. Thanks for the greetings. My Los received the kicks. Hope you are getting reading? The Lord is your strength.

Hi all, I don miss oo. Been strong and coupled with my legs are now heavy, hadly can I carry myself now. From my waist down na load.

I pray God see us through. Will try and read up to catch up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
sayoddy:
Rashes all over my chest, back and arms is something else o. The painful thing is that my lo's face and neck are full of it. Mil said it's called ifura, caused by the spilled breast milk. The other breast flows with milk when i'm feeding lo with one. Lo spills milk from mouth and runs to his neck and chest which probably caused his.
I was given prickly powder for us to use but not helping. Pls what can I use again?

Some mums swear by Rising Powder. I've never used it. But the very old normal mentholated dusting powder has always worked wonders for us. I used agnesia powder when I wanted ot form 21st century mum. It turned the rashes to big reddish rashes, had to go back to my ever faithful old friend - the mentholated dusting powder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
Many ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ to God Almighty for His wonders. Also wish to appreciate
@soonest, @tchiwinnie, @zaynie, @kaffy4bill for ur words of encouragement.
My Lo's placenta moved up and it isn't. Prob anymore.
Lo's is head down now.
Its all God's doing.
My ques, how soon does labour start in 2nd time preg? Aav bn feeling dull like menstrual pain since yester nyt. Cud it be labour process?
God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izzystevens: 6:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hahahahaha, you are in the spirit! What if i told you i keep assuring myself the scan isn't picking the other baby tongue

I want to be pleasantly surprised on my delivery day.

enkaydewdrop:

Mbok, I doubt if na one oh... NNE, check well, the other one fit dey hide somewhere... lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 6:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
Have you tried sudocream? i had rashes on my chest from heat and used it, it worked like kilode. Maybe it will work for LO as it is kukuma for babies
sayoddy:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Its well teamie. Am also in my 38 weeks.
Av u spoken with ur doc? What's is recommendation? Is d fibroid affecting d birth canal?
There's nothing to use to reduce Lo's weight now. Just pray for a safe n easy delivery. U can try d natural ways of induction. But in all God's time is the best.
Supernatural delivery to us all. Amen

ifyjip:
Evening to all mamas in d hus... I NEED UR HELP PLS!!! Dis week I clocked 38weeks according to LMP my due date is 18th of April but last week I went to scan and I found out dat am expecting a big baby cos she was already weighing 3.7kg couple with d I fibroid I have. So my question is dis is thr anything I can do to enter labour dis week or reduce the weight of d baby cos I don't want to stay to dat normal 40 weeks of LMP am having pressure in my VJ, @Britneystacy I heard u said something abt my topic pls forward it to me...ifyjip@gmail.com. .sorry for the long story o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummide: 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmm, am presently battling with same issue o, in fact I'm so so so worried, went for scan at 20weeks, d baby is said to b breached, with a low lying placenta, though d doc said there is stil 100% chances for everything to turn normal, my second pregnancy , d first was very normal. I m trusting God for a turnaround . Ur testimony has given me so much hope.
mubzay:
Many ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ to God Almighty for His wonders. Also wish to appreciate
@soonest, @tchiwinnie, @zaynie, @kaffy4bill for ur words of encouragement.
My Lo's placenta moved up and it isn't. Prob anymore.
Lo's is head down now.
Its all God's doing.
My ques, how soon does labour start in 2nd time preg? Aav bn feeling dull like menstrual pain since yester nyt. Cud it be labour process?
God bless us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bumbex(f): 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
Gaily04:
Hello to my lovely team mamas. No dulling mamas.
Its been a long time we heard from ourselves.

1. Tammyloreoluwa
2. Gaily04
3. nazablossom
4. Peddylove
5. Aleesha0815
6. Julie2015
7. Joysa
8. GodMercy2015
9. LawvlyPearl
10. HumbledbYGrace
11. brokewaist
12. estagirl
13. ambient
14. HD16
15. Olubankemi
16. Iceboo (It is well indeed)
17. Mulberry
18. Goldenruby
19. Rukemi291
20. Bumbex
21.Creamyicey2
22. Omaibaji
23. Boomz
24. Ronnie1984
25. Modupeaderonke
26. Swearest **ported to march**
27. Shawrygal

Pls feel free to add your name incase of any omission. It wasn't intentional. I guess its the closeness of may.
#teammayforsupernaturalandsafedelivery
Hmm month of May we are all good to go.................#happymood #safedelivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummide: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Adorablewifey:

Tnx n Amen to ur prayers. I guess our dh are really playing d game well with enough goals as proof . No away match lolll. welcome ma, easy journey and hebrew woman delivery to you. Ma'am zaynie come o.. See plenty liters of fuel and dollars for you today.
So many new mamas today, yippy!!! i think our #threadbumpy brought out many peeping mamas. I am loving it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumtwins: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2016
My birth story my cuties came out 29 march, 8:10am water came out of my body, called DH, he was out of town, he had to call a frnd to come and pick me, got to the hospital arnd pass 10am, I was asked if am in labour I said I dnt knw ooo d only thing I knw is that water came out of my body, and my consultant said when ever I see water I shld cm that's why I came, was checked and told am already 5cm gone. The dr said madam u are in labour ooo, dey gave me a bed in d labour ward immediately. Arnd 1:30pm I was checked again and was told am btw 6 -7cm that am nt progressing d way they want it so they want to augment labour, was given drip and d drug was added, d pain start ooo, bt I did not shout, so everyone in d labour rm didnt believe me when I tell them am in pain. The nurses on duties nice ooo, one of them was on stndby to rub my back at every contraction, she kept saying sorry, u are almost der. Around 4:30pm told them I want to pooo, dr said madam it's nt time oooo, I was checked again na 8cm, d nurse now asked me madam u are still smiling and speaking with ur husband, dr said, madam won't u shout, at dat point I told d dr dat I can no longer hold is poo, dr now checked again and said madam push now, I push d first tym, my BBB came out 5:20pm with d second push and BBG came out around 5:34pm. Was discharged d next day, my BBG is in d hospital, said is its jaundice, dey had to remove some of her blood and put blood for her, dat was don 2 days ago, she is still in d hospital.Sorry 4 d long story.

46 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Malizzy(f): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
Mummide:
Knock knock, can I come in pls?, team August ni o

You are very much welcome teamie,happy bumping and safe delivery to us all.
#teamaugust #teamlikenoother

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Malizzy(f): 7:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote double post
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
Teegali:
Pls experience mums,what do you think ?my doctor prescribed amoxicilllin because I complained of lower abdominal pain, it started with brown discharge but its now yellowish white although not too much,but fear will not let me take the antibiotics ,I am just 12 weeks.thanks
4rm my own experience it wont harm u or ur baby cos i do take it even @ 4weeks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 7:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
Its well ma. Was told same thing too. Infact till 36 weeks, d placenta was low lying and covering d internal Os (birth canal). Came here and mamas assured all is well and to av an open mind on CS as d most imp thing is #motheralive #babyalive.
But I kept trusting in God and prayed always for a turn around. So I asked for a last scan at 37 weeks and God did it.
The placenta moved up and baby is head down from breech to transverse presentation.
Don't lose hope as well as keep an open mind in case of casity.
May God grant u ur heart desire. Amen

Mummide:
Hmmmm, am presently battling with same issue o, in fact I'm so so so worried, went for scan at 20weeks, d baby is said to b breached, with a low lying placenta, though d doc said there is stil 100% chances for everything to turn normal, my second pregnancy , d first was very normal. I m trusting God for a turnaround . Ur testimony has given me so much hope.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
@mummide, Welcome to #Team August.
Enjoy a hitch-free pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Thanks mamas for the warm welcome.
I hope to learn from you as time goes on
God bless you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (1338) (1339) (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.