Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,919 members, 7,956,450 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8444598 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (6973) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
@bluedeville, u will not kill me with laughter!!! Just relax baby will be here soon. Just make sure the heartbeat is well monitored pls. Since u had painful contractions.

@tobiegal, lmao, whatever fashion disaster u commit now, am sure its forgivable!! To even wear cloth for me now is real work.

@esmeralda, take am jeje oh!!! Pls rest well oh.

@maran, thanks for the info!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2013
maran1983: Mothers and fathers in the house, there's a meningitis campaign presently going on in the FCT (I don't know of other states). Please, let's endeavour to take our kids and wards to the hospital for the immunization, it's for ages 1-29. Nursing mothers and pregnant mothers below 29 years can take it too.
For those in the FCT, you can get the immunization from State House Clinic, free of charge. You don't need to be a patient there or know somebody there, just walk in and be immunized. Even if you had previously immunized your child/ren before now, they can still take this one as it's for a 10 year period.
The virus is deadly, I lost a brother to it.

Thanks alot Maran, and I was arguing with my mum that pregnant women can't take it. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by uwani(f): 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Thanks for the info Maran1983,

Tobiegal abeg u wan use laughter kill me this afternoon grin, person no even fit try imagine this ur dressing at alll cheesy

Bluedeville dont worry dear try n relax baby will come out at the right time (easier said than done, if u dont think about it u'll dream about it cheesy)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by foli: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello house, wishing those about to deliver a successful and hitchfree one. If you are interested, a friend has some baby things to give out at a give-away price: Vitafoam baby cot, Vitafoam baby mattress, 4 vita rolls, 2 baby pillows, teddy bears, Bravo baby car seat, drawer set, baby chair and baby rug.

You can call up this number: 08076188807.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
@all
will go back to read last posts after my last visit.

Update on the pelvic pain.
It was unbearable yesterday evening/night that l had no option than to visit hospital this morning. After check, baby is very fine hearbeat etc; they check the cervix to see if its dilated...its still closed and according to the doc no longer hard...mildly soft but still low. Was placed on paracetamol..but the pains are still there.
Have no option that to manage..praying the baby comes early because hmmmmm the pain is getting out of hand, l cant turn to other side if am lying down and if l sit for up to 10mins getting up and walking is a big task.

BTW the way the check to see if the cervix is open is it the same way they check dilation during labour? the discomfort is not bean ooo, but manageable shaa.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
@udoka,yes,enough poking things if you get to the hospital too early for the delivery wink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Esmeralda, take am easy o. Thank God u are ok.
Maran, thanx 4 d info.
Bluedeville, we are all praying for u. Pele but u can't evict a tenant just like dat. Your lo is packing and doesn't wanna leave anything behind.Lol.
Tobiegal, can't stop laughing, i can imagine how u look. Anyway, anything and everything is permisible in pregnancy.
Udoka, pele.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigmom: 5:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
@bluedeville may God grant ur heart desire, wishing u safe delivering. @ udoka, it is well, the pains are normal, i'm feeling the same. My body is on fire (according to bluedeville's )
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
@buldevile
Sorry dear hand come join d pain again.I thought mine is worst.

@byvan
My sister l don't think l will go to hosp for any complaint till am sure of actual labor, its like d poking has even increased d pain.

@bigmon
Thanks, its good to know am not alone. I will start Leave on Monday, can't wait!

@beauty
Thanks dear. We dey wait for una, by then we go become matrons and chief advisers like Byvan and co.

Its well with all of us. All we are asking is safe delivery and more grace of God to carry on!

Na now I no say l get belle... I hv been on honeymoon all d while.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by samyan12: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hello house, I've been a silent observer of this thread, usually pop in every few days to see what's the latest with my fellow preg mamas. I'm 30 wks pregnant with twins, and I've had a relatively stress-free pregnancy thankfully. This is my first pregnancy. Yesterday I started noticing this pain in my wrist, which gradually worsened by nightfall. Dr Google has said its carpal tunnel syndrome, its rly painful don't know what to do, just took painkillers.pls who has experienced this, and what did u do to ease it? P.s planning to see my doc wknd, but before den what do i do oo? I work on a computer all day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
@samyan
I don't think there is any remedy than the painkiller u are taking. All these pains we are all complaining of are pregnancy induced pains... See ur doc to put ur mind at rest, but you just hv to make up ur mind to manage the pain. I pray it disppears on itself as the ones I had earlier did.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by samyan12: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
udoka2: @samyan
I don't think there is any remedy than the painkiller u are taking. All these pains we are all complaining of are pregnancy induced pains... See ur doc to put ur mind at rest, but you just hv to make up ur mind to manage the pain. I pray it disppears on itself as the ones I had earlier did.

Thanks oo. I have no choice, I've practically cruised thru these past 30 wks. I was hoping it'll continue that way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
@sam,I tink @30weeks,you shd be on leave already...about d waist pain n al sort..its normal,just use d painkilers u were given...
Plus now,you should be watchful,any slight changes,c ur gynea..twins comes faster dan expected...
Safe delivery 2us al

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
I feel the wrist pain too once in a while.
samyan. I think you should reduce your computer usage if you can, for now. It could also contribute to the pain.

My biggest problem right now is swollen legs. My legs swell so badly that i feel like they want to burst.
By this time next month, i hope baby would have started packing too o.

Humming. How will she be on leave at 30weeks? Which 'kain' organisation be that? I am 35 weeks and want to start my leave by this time next month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kafcakes: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hummingbird: @sam,I tink @30weeks,you shd be on leave already...about d waist pain n al sort..its normal,just use d painkilers u were given...
Plus now,you should be watchful,any slight changes,c ur gynea..twins comes faster dan expected...
Safe delivery 2us al

Nothing scares me more than this word( twins come faster than expected) lol.

@sam, sorry oh, try and minimize your computer activities to see if the lessens the pain, if it's that bad, you can visit any big pharmacy around you, they have this thing they use for.people that have that wrist thingy, it's like a glove, it's eases the pain, I dnt know where u can get it though, but pharmacy should be able to direct you.

My January mama's, how r u all doing, we r getting there oh, small small, make Nov do end

To all the Nov and Dec mama's, God be with you, and grant you easy and swift delivery.Amen,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VENUSS(f): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
mytwinspirationaljourney..com/2013/11/nov-4.html?m=1

For my preggy mummies that love reading birth stories. Here's one for you.
Isn't it weird,? She was glad she experienced a V. Birth before she had a cs.

Wish you all safe deliveries. Waiting patiently to join you .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pyzdan: 2:53am On Nov 15, 2013
Five days to my edd, started leaking amniotic fluid thinking it could be urine,, i didnt report to my doctor nt until the day of my antenatal which is on the 7th dat my doc checked me and confirmed am already 5cm dialated without having any contractions. I was later induced the same day inorder to speedy up labor. And later gave birth at 3 am the following day. But mehn, the inducement was painful i couldnt help calling jesus to rescue me from d pains i was feeling.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:26am On Nov 15, 2013
@rukemi..one can start leave anytime in most organization....its just that the time you will spend with the baby when he/she comes will be reduced cuz three months is three months...although some give an unpaid 4th month

@pyzdan...pele.....congrats again...seems like we'v heard a lot of inducement stories of recent....enjoy motherhood
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tobiegal(f): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2013
yello moms... and thanks to all da laughed at me ohhh.... i see una...lolx

@favoredgal, udoka, how una dey?

@joli ma senior in the push dept... hope u feelin ur baby kick more often now.

Am just so feeling down today... dont really know why... but, am guessing it has to do with stress at work... n not having any assistance @home... hubby job (IT Network) is just killing... we hardly see now sef, only in the morning going off to work...den, till d next morning.

Cant wait to start my leave on Wednesday sef... ma just go rest n clear my head!!!

@blueville... hope u r hanging in dre... its almost over, pele...

cheers.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2013
@Pzdan,wow!!Thank God for safe delivery.

Where is Udoka ? ? you don bornchai!i was asked this question over and over when I was preg until I became shy of opening this thread grin.

@bluediville, your pains will end soon enough,hang in there.

@Tobiegal, you need the leave before they query you for your outfit grin.

@Rukemi, sorry for the swollen legs,at least it's better than vericose veins grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Pzdan, congrats!!! Give ur baby a kiss for me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
@byvan
lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l never born ooooo. The pain has reduced by 30%, l could stand after sitting for long and still walk with little efforts since today.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
@tobiegal....pele.....why not get help at home....im fine jare

@byvan...lol...its because we meant well na! We are always anxious to hear birth stories..cant wait to hear udoka's own...

@mummyf you don enter 3rd trimester?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
@favoredgal
infact l go give una commentary from labour room grin so be glued to this forum that D-day.

yipeeeeeeeee!!!!! today is my last day at work! First three weeks is my outstanding annual leave, after which my mat leave will start counting...baby pls come before expiration of the annual leave..so l will have enough time for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Udoka, grin keep pushing my sister,you don dey reach finish line.

@Favoredgal,Yessooo ! !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
favored gal. I understand dear. Nobody wants to spend less time with the new bundle of joy o.

Byvan. U are right o. I wouldn't accept those vericose veins for 10 Milla o. But i am worried about the swell

tobiegal. Lol. Dont mind those laughing jare. I am sure we've all had such situations before

pzdan. Abeg, must they induce? I tire for all these inducement stories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
I wish I was offered that much to bag the annoying thing for the duration of the preg,i had it free of charge wink.It disappears once you put to bed sha smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Pzydan yes oo...why must they induce when you are already dilating...thank God for safe delivery anyway.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
In Pzdan's case,the water has broken and labour wasn't forthcoming, induction was necessary because of the risk of infection.The baby has to be out as it's protective shield has blown grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
udoka2: @Pzydan yes oo...why must they induce when you are already dilating...thank God for safe delivery anyway.

I think they are trying to play on the safer side,they may be scared that further dilation might take days as there is no active contraction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
@favored gal, I am in my 25th week now.

@ udoka, just use ur leave to rest well and get the house set for baby cos wen baby comes ehn, ur life will neva remain the same again. grin
Hope no stretchmarks yet?

@tobiegal, I feel u jare. Its not easy combining pregnancy with a little child.it is when I decide to rest that my lil boy will know he needs me to do sometin for him. Its not easy.

@Byvan, I actually have a friend who lost her baby cos they decided not to induce her and she didn't want cs. She was having contractions but not dillating so they sent her home to come back when she has stronger contraction. Not knowing the baby was distressed. By the time she came back a week later,baby had already released meconium, the baby was weak and they had to do emergency cs which she was trying to avoid. The baby lived for a few hours b4 the baby died.

God will protect us and our little ones. We shall not cry over them ijn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
shocked ehn? Mummyf. God protect us o. I don't mind inducement again o.

Byvan now i understand the inducement thing.
The vericose thing can so disfigure. Thank God i'm free from it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (6973) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.