Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8180983 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2016
MamaOO:

Your makeup is really pretty. I like your brows. Very neat and not distracting

Thanks MamaOO. We are still learning o smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
mitchyy:
Here's a recent simple day makeup(no contour or highlighting) i did for my bloated preggy face. Lol
NB: Make nobody laugh my nose o, ehen!

I didn't attend any makeup class or training, i learnt how to do my own makeup from watching makeup tutorials on youtube/instagram and reading tips online. So if any mama is having issues doing her own makeup, start first by buying some of the basic things you need:
-Makeup brush set (Doesn't have to expensive. Mine was just 2k and it does the job well. I think its a must-have for every makeup lover)
- Eyebrow pencil (Doesn't have to be expensive. Ordinary 50naira Davis pencil can suffice for now)
- Concealer (I use L.A girl Pro Concealer cus its superb and just 1k. I use this to define my eyebrows, that is to make the lines stand out and to shapen them)
- Foundation (For this one, i didn't spare expense. I use BlackUp Foundation because its perfect for my skin tone and it doesnt look heavy on my face)
- Pressed or Loose powder (I also use BlackUp two way cake because its very light on the face)
- Eyeshadow (You can go for palettes or single eyeshadows)
- Lipstick (Buy as you like)
- Eyeliner to line your eyelids and black eyepencil to line under your eyes

My favourite place to watch makeup tutorials is www.thatigbochick.com. I learnt a lot from her videos, especially her video on how to get the perfect eyebrow.
Mehn. ...looks like you borrowed my brain and fingers to post this!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy. Only thing is I use Mac powder and Zaron matifying powder. They give me what I want. I dont use foundation because of my oily face. I learnt all my makeup from YouTube videos. I use L. A pride lipsticks and Jordana. You are on point babe!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2016
ozycy:

June is just few days from now and you people are there talking about class captain. Una no kuku reach 10, am sure plenty of your teamies will be in their hideout or peeping zone cos they don already see how dry their team dey.

It's not late yet, you can take over the team and bring on your teamies on ghostmood.
As team April don dull us well well ( maybe cos most of their teamie port to march), una wan dull us too. If not that so many things like bumpy Tuesday, fashion tips etal were discussed here this April, I wonder how we for do sef tongue

Chimooooooo!!!!
Team June! See as Ozycy don finish us...
Ngwa let us prove her wrong...
You people shu nor fall ma hand oh...
Oya effribody-------- come out oooooh...

Okeoghene4real
Hajarahbadmus
GenyEbere
Ginababy
Melly245
Lilylurv
Brownsmoothie
*Cassieluv
*kokolet007

Oya ooooh... E jade ooooh...
Puta nu ooooh...

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2016
mitchyy:

Queen Helens scrub is amazing. I use it. Pls share your face care routine, how you use it and how often. It'll help us know where the problem is. Also what do you want to clear from the face? Acne or spots?
No regime o.
Just wash when I remember.
Guess it's because am always in a haste in d morning.
Lagos traffic and all.
Then I come back tired n manage to bath.
So weekends I just try.

But now my schedule has changed.
I only rush to work 3 days out of 7 when it falls on a weekday.
Sometimes it's just weekends and either Friday or Monday I work d whole week.
Anything I start now would be kinda consistent.

I have acne popping up daily, those types filled with pus...TMI
And I press them which turns into spots.

This started 2weeks ago. Right now my face it awful.
I fear looking at it on d phone of my screen (when d light times out) it's that bad. Not to talk of mirror

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
iomoge2:

Thanks much.
As it is, I may end up doing daily.
When I touch my face at work, see oil ehn, u will just pity me and itsvworsevof now.
Thanks much.
Mind you, there are positives to having an oily face. People with oily faces don't age fast. The pictures of those products that Mama posted should help you manage it, but YOU CANNOT alter your skin makeup completely. You can only control it for now. The older we get, the less oil our bodies produce.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
missmalachi:
So i did this simple make up on myself today.no foundation no highlighting no contour. Just my simple outting look.hope my picture step help.

Veeeeeeery niiiice...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2016
mitchyy:
Here's a recent simple day makeup(no contour or highlighting) i did for my bloated preggy face. Lol
NB: Make nobody laugh my nose o, ehen!

awwwwwww... you look beuriful...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 22, 2016
Jennifer89 Skin tags do not really have a permanent solution so I heard, but mine has finally gone(Neck region) ,(still in shock shocked).
2 things I know causes it are: hereditary and pregnancy hormones. These 2 was the cause of mine, pregnancy hormones evoked it for real.
The solutions are
1. Retin a/retinods (Not recommended for pregnant women)
2. Depending on the size and your level of pain resistance, you can pull off and use fruit acids to clean it off.
ACV doesn't do nada on skin tags.
Skin tags are really nothing to worry about wink as they do not grow (Not warts), they might only bother you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
Godmother:
@mitchyy

Thank God o cos me I was beginning to become confused.

@fabmum
14 weeks ke? They should not try rough play o when I have been looking forward to second trimester now someone wants me to add extra 2 weeks. Ejo! Mba! It can't happen

Lol mama... it's actually 14 weeks...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
Lol at pot of oil soup @ iOmoge.
Have you tried Turmeric scrub.
Follow the description for oily skin sha.
I think it involves egg whites, milk and so on.

My FashionTip:
1. Wear CONFIDENCE like a cloak. When people stare, try not to fidget, they might actually be admiring your style.
2. Be NEAT....neat skin, neat hair, neat feet and nails.
Avoid situations where you sweat a lot i.e be on time so you dont end up rushing and looking harried.

Check out these 2 beautiful girls.
Similar styles buh whp would you rather be?

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2016
iomoge2:

No regime o.
Just wash when I remember.
Guess it's because am always in a haste in d morning.
Lagos traffic and all.
Then I come back tired n manage to bath.
So weekends I just try.

But now my schedule has changed.
I only rush to work 3 days out of 7 when it falls on a weekday.
Sometimes it's just weekends and either Friday or Monday I work d whole week.
Anything I start now would be kinda consistent.

I have acne popping up daily, those types filled with pus...TMI
And I press them which turns into spots.

This started 2weeks ago. Right now my face it awful.
I fear looking at it on d phone of my screen (when d light times out) it's that bad. Not to talk of mirror

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sorry dear. I understand your case because my bestie was once in your shoes. Here's what i can suggest for you:

- Stop popping the acne/pimples. It makes it worse and will definitely lead to spots.
- Wash your face thoroughly with a face cleaner before going to bed to allow your pores breathe. Acne is most times as a result of clogged pores
- To dry up the acne, do a small mixture of aspirin tablet and honey. Apply on your face and scrub gently after 5mins. Wash it off thoroughly. It'll help dry up the pimples. You can also google other natural facial treatments that involves tumeric, milk, oatmeal and the rest
- Don't overscrub your face or scrub it too hard. Treat your facial skin like a baby
- Don't use too many products
- Steam your face twice a week to allow your pores breathe. It'll also help control the oil
- Stay away from any facial makeup like powder, foundation and concealer for now so your skin can breathe and heal
- Stop changing products up and down else you'll just be wasting money and making your case worse. What works for A might not work for B.
- St Ives and Queen Helene scrub are awesome and most spas even use it for their facial treatments. But make sure its the original you buy.
- For facial cream, use a very light moisturiser. Don't use those types that will give you discolouration.
- Dont use regular sponge on your face. If you must use sponge at all, use a facial sponge

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Lol mama... it's actually 14 weeks...

No o it has to be 12 weeks o. Pls na don't break my heart. 2 extra weeks! I can't even begin to deal abeg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
Godmother:

No o it has to be 12 weeks o. Pls na don't break my heart. 2 extra weeks! I can't even begin to deal abeg

Hehehe...
sorry mama... 2nd trimester is 14 weeks and 3rd is 26weeks...
You'll be there soon mama...
mmmmmuah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:56pm On Apr 22, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Mehn. ...looks like you borrowed my brain and fingers to post this!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy. Only thing is I use Mac powder and Zaron matifying powder. They give me what I want. I dont use foundation because of my oily face. I learnt all my makeup from YouTube videos. I use L. A pride lipsticks and Jordana. You are on point babe!

YouTube videos are amazing!!! I love Jordana lipsticks too. Its affordable and comes out well like expensive lipsticks wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
thanks goldenruby i pulled some off last week although its not much. I'm just bothered jare coz e wan spoil ma fresh face lol.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
zaynie:

Check out these 2 beautiful girls.
Similar styles buh whp would you rather be?

The second.... the difference is clear...
grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Chimooooooo!!!!
Team June! See as Ozycy don finish us...
Ngwa let us prove her wrong...
You people shu nor fall ma hand oh...
Oya effribody-------- come out oooooh...

Okeoghene4real
Hajarahbadmus
GenyEbere
Ginababy
Melly245
Lilylurv
Brownsmoothie
*Cassieluv
*kokolet007

Oya ooooh... E jade ooooh...
Puta nu ooooh...
This challenge no b for here, lol...I'm getting out of silent mode now, so my able Captain what are we to start with to show them We are here for real!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Hehehe...
sorry mama... 2nd trimester is 14 weeks and 3rd is 26weeks...
You'll be there soon mama...
mmmmmuah!

Most of the pregnancy sites contradict themselves sometimes o. What babycenter will tell you is different from what you see at WhatToExpect or TheBump.
@GodMother, just pick any week between 12, 13 or 14 as your 2nd trimester. Nothing do you cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2016
mitchyy:

YouTube videos are amazing!!! I love Jordana lipsticks too. Its affordable and comes out well like expensive lipsticks wink
I love jordana lipstick too! Its awesome! ....should have love to share some of my makeup skill here bt my fone is down I'm using a smaller fone to browse and not too convience to type bt My problem with pimple has double up since I don get belle I have it on my face and neck ...its so obvious that DH call me ojuju calabar bt trust me when I'm going to work,meeting or any occassion I conceled my face with makeup no matter how tired I am I still ensure I cover my face with my foundation and powder atleast it makes me feel and look better ...is there any thing I can do to ease d acne and pimples on my face and neck?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2016
mitchyy:

Most of the pregnancy sites contradict themselves sometimes o. What babycenter will tell you is different from what you see at WhatToExpect or TheBump.
@GodMother, just pick any week between 12, 13 or 14 as your 2nd trimester. Nothing do you cheesy

Thank you jare. My heart accepts this your explanation cos I'm supposed to start second trimester tomoro and been so anxious.

@ enkaydewdrop
Thank too Muah!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
Godmother:
@mitchyy

Thank God o cos me I was beginning to become confused.

@fabmum
14 weeks ke? They should not try rough play o when I have been looking forward to second trimester now someone wants me to add extra 2 weeks. Ejo! Mba! It can't happen
lol. This is exactly hw I felt when I learnt third trimester begins in the 27th week rather than 25th. We shall surely reach the final destination with testimony.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
proudmom38:
Mamas pls is it posible 2 get preg without menstruating aftr child birth?

Yes naaaaaaaaa grin
We don dey talk am here since.
Na with your first ovulation the thing click.
Ngwa welcome back. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
missmalachi:
So i did this simple make up on myself today.no foundation no highlighting no contour. Just my simple outting look.hope my picture step help.
Ah ah, wey the picture na, I tot mam Zaynie said it's from 8pm. And see as I ve been waiting for 8pm.
Abeg bring back the makeup make I learn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
proudmom38:
Mamas pls is it posible 2 get preg without menstruating aftr child birth?

cc:modath,nurse kaffy,tchiwinnie,babythug,zaynie,soonest,lovinam,rezzy,chinwendym,beedam n gbogbo sabi mamas in da hux.

Yes it can dear. Wanna share what you've been up to sweetie? wink grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2016
MumZ:
@ozyc no b small dulling, I wanted 2 comment some days back dat dis team April can't fit 2 win best team at all, bt I no wan fast forward. I trust my team August by God grace, grin

Anxiously waiting for team august then.
Action action na em we want.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 8:45pm On Apr 22, 2016
ozycy:

Ah ah, wey the picture na, I tot mam Zaynie said it's from 8pm. And see as I ve been waiting for 8pm.
Abeg bring back the makeup make I learn.
Here

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twogreatnations: 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2016
Godmother:

Lol, na the same boat we dey rock oo. Abeg make Una no break my heart by adding two weeks to first trimester oo. Ha! I am already counting down in days. I don tire for MS.

@enkaydewdrop, don't make me start crying this night oo.

@ mitchy, thank you dearie, this your explanation still better.

@ mismalachi and mitchyy , your makeups are simple and lovely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
Modified: disregard....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
@feddy27
Present Ma and thanks for the tips.

#teamoctoberforsexyborning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by osas4g: 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2016
kokolet007:

This challenge no b for here, lol...I'm getting out of silent mode now, so my able Captain what are we to start with to show them We are here for real!

@Kokolet007 I second your motion...

#TeamJuneforsexybabies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
missmalachi:

Here
Wow, it's simple and nice.
Did you draw your brow first before applying powder? .

@ mitchyy, your makeup too correct. You suppose be makeup artist. Who dey laf your nose. This your fine pointed nose. I like pointed nose. Welldone mamas. Is that your natural hair? I can like to carry my natural hair like that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
babythug:

Yes it can dear. Wanna share what you've been up to sweetie wink

Lol. I'm feeling preggy but nt sure n ve not seen my period since I gave birth...So was wondering if its posible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.