Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,254 members, 7,864,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8276410 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 6:58pm On May 10, 2016
congratulations to rofemiguwa and olubankemi on the birth of your lo's. may they bring joy to your family.
mama's i dey greet oo. vigilante is so very real

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:59pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:
Mamas, pls how do you manage to shave your down below and avoid cutting yourself? I can't see anything down there at all and the hairs are about to form weavon *covers face*
someone like me that has big tommy from time immemorial is not worried.
I no dey see there before, na hand I dey use feel the part to shave.
Kikikik.

Just try sha or tell Hubby to help u. Pele

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:00pm On May 10, 2016
congratulations to rofemiguwa
and double congratulations to Olubankemi.

I for come look for u yesterday o, but I was in pains.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 7:00pm On May 10, 2016
Gaily04:

My dear, thanks for checking up on me. Over busy dey worry me. My leave letter just came in yday to commence today. A new staff was posted to my dept, had to put her through. My HOD even gave me take home work and pleaded I bring it to d office. Baby is still taking time to bake wella, with serious pains around my leg n vjay, yet no sign of labour. Everything dey God hand.

Eyea,no wonder...i don find you here tire. It will end in praise dear. For me nah,na ftm tins,i no know which one wey dey do me now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babysugar1(f): 7:02pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:
Mamas, pls how do you manage to shave your down below and avoid cutting yourself? I can't see anything down there at all and the hairs are about to form weavon *covers face*

I use hair remover. Make hubby help u out nw grin tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:03pm On May 10, 2016
November Mama's, if u have bump please show o.
For me, na big belle I get.
No bump. Lol
During antenatal sef, they said not paulsable abi wetin be d word sef.
Them no Fit touch my uterus and big belle cover every where.
Kikikik
Yours truly is waiting for 6months for bump to show.
Lololol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:

I shave in front of a mirror, or you can tell dh to help you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:19pm On May 10, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Team may kwenu oooo
My princess has arrived oo. Natural swift delivery. It can only be God. 4am 3kg no cut.
Make una follow me tank God o!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy... God bless our little princess... Lots of kisses to her...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:28pm On May 10, 2016
Vannywealth:
Oh showers of blessings! cheesy Enkaydewdrops where are you? cheesy
*pulling my duvet over me and heaving a sweet sigh*
My sister, this one pass showers oh... I slept till 1pm today... I no bother use duvet at all... This is kinda selfish, but can it rain like this everyday Please Lawd!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:34pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:
May God forgive me for sending dh under this rain and cold to find akara and bread cry

Mitchyy well done oh...
See how yia oppressing awa husband ehn...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:48pm On May 10, 2016
babysugar1:

I use hair remover. Make hubby help u out nw grin tongue

Really? Pls what brand? The ones i know can only be used for underarms and body, not the vjay area.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:50pm On May 10, 2016
Prettyhurts:

I shave in front of a mirror, or you can tell dh to help you

Do you take a mirror to the bathroom? I only have a full length mirror in my room
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:52pm On May 10, 2016
iomoge2:
someone like me that has big tommy from time immemorial is not worried.
I no dey see there before, na hand I dey use feel the part to shave.
Kikikik.

Just try sha or tell Hubby to help u. Pele

Lmao. You be pro already. Ive asked dh before and it sounded funny to him. Maybe he thinks i'm joking about it. Lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 7:57pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:

Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki... Tell DH to help you out...
I can't do it myself anymore...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 7:57pm On May 10, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

NO PLEASE! It's induces uterine contractions..it can only be used when labour has started. Google and read more about it. But u can start eating your dates..

Please gist me more about dates. I just entered my second trimester. I love dates and have been eating it. Is it bad?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
olatebony:
At last...smiles... Ayam blushing. Thanks Mama Mitchyy ayam team pink smiley
welcome cute teamie good to have u.am team blue.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 8:06pm On May 10, 2016
JUMAYIN:
No threadbumpies today ni@novembermamas let's show dem our bumps jare....oya let's go

Lol.... let's show them our small bump since they refuse to show us their big bumps

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 8:32pm On May 10, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki... Tell DH to help you out...
I can't do it myself anymore...

So your own has turned to weavon too like mine abi? We don catch you. I wish there was a hair remover suitable to use for that area
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 8:34pm On May 10, 2016
Iyabetajos:
welcome cute teamie good to have u.am team blue.
Thanks @Iyabetajos
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 8:37pm On May 10, 2016
rofemiguwa Congrats. Welcome to the vigilante club. May God give you the ability to nurture the lo ijn.
Evacroft This your bump smooth o. Happy bumping.
mitchyy hope you're not using blade o. Abeg go for shaving stick. Sit on the toilet and do your thing. Raise your leg on the seat when you want to shave around the corner or your dh should help out

Shoutout to TeamMarch mamas. How are the lo. Hope you're going for the immunization.
My bobo has gone for the 6weeks immunization and 5.3kg now thanks to ebf.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 8:46pm On May 10, 2016
Hello Mamas, No one told me that motherhood was a full time job oh, i for don prepare. Now i dont get to even sleep anymore, na so so breastfeeding and changing diapers. Anyway, here is my BS.

My Edd was meant to be 20th May. On 2nd May DH and I went to church for a program at 7am and all during the service i was unable to get up, was having serious cramps but i just kept pushing it aside as i did not believe i could be in labor already. Service ended at 1pm and we decided to have lunch before going home. On getting home, i went to pee and i saw that my mucus plug had come down with some blood on it. I immediately went to take my bath and DH helped me to shave the power station, i called my Doctor and we left for the hospital, this was about 2:59pm.

Got the hospital at 3:15pm and was checked. I was 4cm and was in active labor according to my Doctor. I called my sister immediately so she could stay with me in the hospital. About 30mins later i was put on the CTG machine to monitor LO's heartbeat. The machine kept on beeping in error as it read that LO was in distress with highest heartbeat @ 180 and lowest at 110(as i was told, normal range is 120-160highest. My Doctor was called in and DH was called aside and told LO was in distress and an emergency Cs was required to save her. He immediately signed the documents and the CS was performed. LO came into this world at 7:05 looking exactly like her father(not a fair deal at all) but i am happy cos every time i look at my LO, i just want to kiss and hold her forever.

The devil tried and has failed forever. After one loss at 36wks and another blighted ovum at 12weeks, i am now a Mummy. I pray every woman gets a chance to experience this feeling, it is inexplicable.
E-hugs to all Mamas

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omaibaji(f): 8:47pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks to all Mamas for your good wishes, May God bless and keep you all.
Congrats to my gallant team mates dropping lyk its hawt and the very best to the onces still waiting to drop, the grace of God be with you all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omowunmigan(f): 8:56pm On May 10, 2016
Laffin.. Wonderful sisters be like.. We no go put mouth for wetin we no sabii o... My doctor just said I should not worry and wait for next scan nii.. The way I'm feeling ehn.. Well, my God is in control.
Me dey suspect somebori hia .. This momma aphorlashardey! She sounds like Zaynie.. Zaynie 2.0indeed..if she's not an old momma forming new then she don dey peep taytay! Her blending nah 1st class... I just dey gbadun the babe ehn.. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 8:57pm On May 10, 2016
Eat dates during pregnancy for the best labor and birth

Have you ever thought to snack your way to an easier labor?

According to this study, women who ate 6 dates a day for the four weeks leading up to their due date were significantly more dilated and more likely to:

Have intact membranes upon admission to the hospital
Go into labor spontaneously
Avoid pitocin
And have a shorter first phase of labor
Pretty awesome for just eating some dates, huh?

Of course this study was limited by it’s size but there’s no harm in eating dates during pregnancy, so why not give it a try?

So why does eating dates during pregnancy help mamas-to-be?

Researchers have found that date fruit has an oxytocin-like effect on the body, leading to increased sensitivity of the uterus. It also helps stimulate uterine contractions, and reduces postpartum hemorrhage the way oxytocin does. They also found that it contains many nutritional benefits for pregnant mamas.

“Date fruit contains saturated and unsaturated fatty acids such as oleic, linoleic, and linolenic acids, which are involved in saving and supplying energy and construction of prostaglandins. In addition, serotonin, tannin, and calcium in date fruit contribute to the contraction of smooth muscles of the uterus. Date fruit also has a laxative effect, which stimulates uterine contractions.”

Dates also contain:

Natural sugars (fructose) that easily break down in the body and won’t spike blood sugar levels but will offer high energy, which makes dates during pregnancy or  labor an excellent choice.
Fiber – Helps you stay full, relieves constipation, and lowers your risk for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.
Potassium – One of the best electrolytes. It helps maintain water/salt balance which helps regulate blood pressure.
Magnesium – Support muscular health and helps to alleviate muscle spasms and cramps in pregnancy.
Folate  – Getting enough folate will ensure that your baby’s spinal cord matures properly, avoiding neural tube defects.
Vitamin K – maintains proper blood clotting and healthy bones.
How to eat dates during pregnancy

Dates are a healthy and delicious snack, so how can you add them to your diet? Actually, it’s pretty easy since they are sweet like candy.

Add dates during pregnancy in this awesome oatmeal recipe.
Add dates to replace sugar in your favorite recipe or to sweeten your homemade almond milk.
Use dates and nuts to make an easy pie crust in the food processor.
Add soaked dates to homemade nut butter for a sweet treat.
Add dates to sweeten homemade salad dressing.
Add dates during pregnancy easily with these yummy (paleo friendly) bars made from dates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jesusbaby1(f): 9:01pm On May 10, 2016
Maureen Sylvia will be in Kano soon...need help with a good hospital as i will be registering antenatal there.... sugah I got the anti maleria today but still reluctant to drink it cos i hate drugs but will do b4 going to bed...I did a scan today and the doctor still ain't certain abt my baby's sex yet...said i should come next month..feel kinda down cos i was hoping to get to know the sex today...team September....eed seems to be unstable too...tired if all this scan thing
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 9:05pm On May 10, 2016
mitchyy:

So your own has turned to weavon too like mine abi? We don catch you. I wish there was a hair remover suitable to use for that area

I don remove am na... Kikikikikikiki...
Before I remove am, e be like weavon wey dem never comb for three months...
God have mercy...
Lol...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hajarahbadmus(f): 9:06pm On May 10, 2016
Ma'am cutienik I hope you are good
My June mamas..how far
My lo is resting on my bladder so na so so urine I dey spill everywhere..na every minute yansh washing task I dey so.. it is well..

HELP!!!
I am dreading labour...like seriously..i laboured for 18hours before I had my first baby...I don't thing I have the strength for it right now...
Please i need encouragement ....help a sister
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Harphorlarsadeh: 9:08pm On May 10, 2016
XX01:

Please gist me more about dates. I just entered my second trimester. I love dates and have been eating it. Is it bad?
http://www.momjunction.com/articles/surprising-benefits-of-dates-during-pregnancy_0075704/
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Harphorlarsadeh: 9:16pm On May 10, 2016
omowunmigan:
Laffin.. Wonderful sisters be like.. We no go put mouth for wetin we no sabii o... My doctor just said I should not worry and wait for next scan nii.. The way I'm feeling ehn.. Well, my God is in control.
Me dey suspect somebori hia .. This momma aphorlashardey! She sounds like Zaynie.. Zaynie 2.0indeed..if she's not an old momma forming new then she don dey peep taytay! Her blending nah 1st class... I just dey gbadun the babe ehn.. Lol
Thanks dear. I be correct FTM ooo. Just dey join d thread today but I don peep for like two months sef. May God keep us and our LOs. Safe delivery to us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:32pm On May 10, 2016
sayoddy:

mitchyy hope you're not using blade o. Abeg go for shaving stick. Sit on the toilet and do your thing. Raise your leg on the seat when you want to shave around the corner or your dh should help out.

No oooo! Blade ke? I've never used blade to shave before. It has always been shaving stick and hair remover for my underarms. But now i can't see my vjay at all, even if i sit and raise my leg. That's why i'm wondering how other belleful mamas go about it, before e turn dreadlocks grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 9:50pm On May 10, 2016
hajarahbadmus:

HELP!!!
I am dreading labour...like seriously..i laboured for 18hours before I had my first baby...I don't thing I have the strength for it right now...
Please i need encouragement ....help a sister
The fear is very very normal.
Don't worry ok. U hv done it before and can do it again. Strength like never before will surface. By God's grace this will be far shorter. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:50pm On May 10, 2016
Omaibaji:
Hello Mamas, No one told me that motherhood was a full time job oh, i for don prepare. Now i dont get to even sleep anymore, na so so breastfeeding and changing diapers. Anyway, here is my BS.

Your BS is not the longest i've read but for some reason i just enjoyed reading your story so much that i had to read it twice. Congrats mama! The devil will always fail. Congrats dear and enjoy motherhood. We dey come from back

(1) (2) (3) ... (1505) (1506) (1507) (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Laadeh(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.