Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,078 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8162534 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2016
Welcome @florena happy bumping. Lovely birth plan. Keep praying to God about it, He'll make it easy for you. I had mine in my head too then so it was easy for me not to scream the hospital down when I was in labour.

Congratulations @joychioma19 and other mamas that just put to bed. May your LOs bring you nothing but joy.

For the mama worried bout milo and big baby. All mamas have said it all its genetic. If it's going by the way I eat when I was Preggie then I should have birthed a 7kg baby but my dear my baby was just 3.49kg

Hmm about tears @iomoge2 the last thing on your mind will be what the scissors looked like Hahahaha, when I was tryna push n everywhere was just tight. The midwife said they'll have to give me lil epi, I almost screamed thank you lol cos I was weak and just wanted my baby out.i saw the scissors but felt nothing when I was given the epi. But the epi-sewing was very painful.

Dear first time mums keep an open mind, pray more.

Happy bumping and delivery to June mamas

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2016
mitchyy:

Its what some mamas here who have delivered recommended o. They've mentioned it so many times on this thread. It worked for most of them and i dont think it is unsafe sha becos its what most pple eat on a normal day.
I'm just hearing of the pineapple core for the first time too. Make we add am join? I dey find labor too o sad
What you need to induce labor is bromelin! And its found inside the core of the ripe pineapple! (How do people eat unripe pineapple without having dia tongue peeled ) The fleshy part doesn't have it much even the core one needs to eat as much as 5 whole core daily to get the utmost benefit! Tchiwinnie is right unripe pineapple is not healthy! I'm just hearing it from you guys just recently.

Happy new week ladies kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumydidi(f): 11:05am On Jun 20, 2016
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
tatacherie:

Lolz cheesy pls munch away,I rinse jst becos they are exposed in d market.d dryness dats wer d nkwa lies,soak then it becomes soggy n boring

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2016
kotias003:

Mama zimunachimdi, wow! Thanks so much for sharing & the advice for we FTM despite your post partum pains. How are you feeling now?

The Almighty be with you and your little one. *kisses.
Ua welcome dear. I am just managing it ooo. Amen to the prayer. Tx.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Florena post=46739041]

No going to d hospital no matter how strong d contraction is except if my water breaks early, or if I'm 5mins apart,

Don't you dare do this pls!!!!!!! I'm on my knees!!!!!!!! Just go as soon as u feel contraction has started. You are a FTM u don't know how things will go. Pls it won't cost u anything to be monitored.

My MIL, mum and husband are just making jest of me saying wen labour comes I won't even remember all these.

You will not remember anything o

Last week dey forced me to one iya alagbo (traditional) house, dat one was just pressing my stomach anyhow, if u see how I vex for dem saying d mama want to dent my baby's head.

Please don't go there again. Register for ANC if u haven't started, take ur meds, eat fruits and eat well. Leave the rest for God.
Mama zaynie I go register ooo, just cool ur mind.

You are most welcome. Iomoge2, eagles don dey land o.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2016
udoomama where art thou? and how u doing? I'm moving in to karu hopefully in 2weeks time. dh colleague recommended sisters of nativity. I'm 31weeks gone and intend coming this week to register for ANC. plz on what day do I go for the registration and how much do I go with? thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:28am On Jun 20, 2016
Liftedhands:
What you need to induce labor is bromelin! And its found inside the core of the ripe pineapple! (How do people eat unripe pineapple without having dia tongue peeled ) The fleshy part doesn't have it much even the core one needs to eat as much as 5 whole core daily to get the utmost benefit! Tchiwinnie is right unripe pineapple is not healthy! I'm just hearing it from you guys just recently.

Happy new week ladies kiss

When they say unripe, its not the one that is not ripe at all o cheesy. Who fit chop that type?
I'm sure that is what you people are thinking. The type that is getting ripe but still white and not yellow. That is what most pple refer to as unripe.
One mama i know who's looking for labor ate it yday and lost her mucous plug in less than 24hrs.
I might be wrong sha, you know we r all learning. But na for this thread i take hear unripe pineapple and nobody has bothered to explain that its the core all this while.

What about unripe pawpaw? It has been mentioned here several times top

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2016
enkaydewdrop:

Awwwww.... Congrats hunnay... God bless and keep you and your LO...
So, is our sunshine a girl or a boy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:30am On Jun 20, 2016
It depend on ur body.some people start seeing there period a month after delivery while some takes up to a year even more depending on wen they wean there baby.
rofemiguwa:

Abegi mamas how long did u bleed after childbirth. My discharge stopped at 4weeks. It was jus normal whitish discharge. I was glad no more pad and kpekus is getting nearer.just waiting for 6weeks mark to do my pap smear and all before i start. Then suddenly friday i started bleeding. Dunno if menses don show already abi na remaining badblood.
Abeg do menses return so early. Tot na from 6months i suppose expect am? Abeg make una touchlight my mata.

Tank u. I need to go back to kpekus o.E don dey do us manytinz.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2016
sugarcanebaby:
Please mamas in the house. I just switched to pregnacareMAX after taking my routine drugs from the hospital for about two months. Is the nutrients enough? Especially folic acid, calcium and iron? Or do I need to add any drugs to it?

A beg make Una help me torchlight the matter!

#ftm# #teamoctober4supernaturaldelivery# #24weeks#

Chai I remember when pregnacare sef chak me. I scatter ground say by force Na pregnacare I must use o. I only added calcium to it when I used it but I had to discard it after thinking that ANC give me all my weekly routine drugs for #200. While after spending over 3k I will buy extra calcium. I just went for folic acid, ferrous and calcium and we did just fine.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 11:44am On Jun 20, 2016
Rofemiguwa, I don't think anything is wrong. I saw my period exactly one month after delivery. I wish for that one year own too o. It is well o. We've not seen Pristine's picture.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by memyselfandI: 11:45am On Jun 20, 2016
Florena:
Hello everyone, I'm 20weeks gone and I'm officially registering as #teamNovember, I've nt had any MS so far, in fact I eat anything palatable, even b4 I started showing dh was doubting my pregnancy saying I connived with d doctor to extort money from him! Funny!! As a ftm, and considering my age, (a little over 20) I'm surprisingly ready for delivery, I dnt knw where d energy is coming from, I'm nt scared one bit. I already have a workout plan of how everything will go, I will practically give birth myself, lol, because I already have those nurses in mind, I won't allow them to push me around.
Let me share some of my plans:
I'm going to be on my feet and start walking immediately I feel contraction or see mucus plug
No going to d hospital no matter how strong d contraction is except if my water breaks early, or if I'm 5mins apart, reason is I feel dat wen dey start inserting hand every hour it causes more pain.
No doctor is going to keep me on d bed, wen it's time to push I pray baba God give me d strength to be on my feet, gravity can help.
My MIL, mum and husband are just making jest of me saying wen labour comes I won't even remember all these. Last week dey forced me to one iya alagbo (traditional) house, dat one was just pressing my stomach anyhow, if u see how I vex for dem saying d mama want to dent my baby's head.
Mama zaynie I go register ooo, just cool ur mind.
Sorry for d long post, ema binu!

cc zaynie, what is your take on this "SUPA" woman? I know you are capable.

(I for chook mouth for the mata, but na peep i still dey peep)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2016
Florena welcome here and please follow what cherrymum2 said. You are a ftm giving birth and labor is not textbook! Things can go south any momen(i am a testament to that), as you've braised yourself for labor you should do same for the VE! It can't be more painful than contractions. I too announced my preggy here at 20 weeks! (Was still in a daze sha) and I was a team November kiss so was cherrymum1 (you see we've got your back wink )

Rofemiguwa just watch the bleeding and take note of its colour and duration it might be your period or lochia still coming out, give pristine a kiss for me .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2016
tchiwinnie:
Unripe one? Wot I know they say is pineapple o. Oya ma'am smokeydrinky(I hope I spelt ur moniker well) come and clarify. Na u start this pineapple business. Is it ripe abi unripe pineapple?

Mum zaynie, kaffy4bill, britneystacy, come and shuk mouth put o. Let's clarify it once and for all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ada243(f): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2016
mama's in d house, its been over 2yrs since I had my first daughter but I just got tempted to share my bs to serve as an example to others. mama's make I share?

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Abeg, I want to have some sweet better friends. So mamas if u stay in any of these areas, I want to come and chop rice in ur house o. I don't have many friends. But I have some mamas that we chat on Whatsapp but they live far.

If u live around Mile12, Ketu, Magodo, Ojota, Ogudu, Alapere.....oya let's hook up!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2016
i dey oh, work no gree me oh. Its not easy. Senior mamas una dey try.

enkaydewdrop:

And rofemiguwa
Lioha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2016
Ada243:
mama's in d house, its been over 2yrs since I had my first daughter but I just got tempted to share my bs to serve as an example to others. mama's make I share?

Share jare. #team bs later# tongue
Oya nak us tori
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 11:54am On Jun 20, 2016
November roll call.

001.Besea
002. Bolseas
003. Deyoola
004. Ebony13
005. Florena
006. Godmother
007. Iomoge2
008. Jumayin
009. Jummy004
010. LadyMessi
011. Missade
012. Moskidarl
013. Oshey01
014. Phummy1821
015. PrincessKF
016. Princesskiki
017. Pweetyface
018. Rejoice03
019. Roseval
020. Sweetrie
021. Temmygal25
022. Twogreatnations
023. XX01

#TeamNovember For SupernaturalPregnancyAnd Delivery.

We shall all carry to term in Jesus name and also have swift delivery , Amen.
Baby Alive, Mommy Alive, Daddy Alive, Plenty Money, Good Health and Good News all over.

Week 20,19,18 & 17.
By tomorrow someone should be 21weeks - Edd 1St of November grin

Thank God for our successful pregnancies so far.
May He continue to guide n help us.
Amen.

Welcome to Florena. We love you.
Meet you teamies up there.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:56am On Jun 20, 2016
tchiwinnie:
@ahnie I m fine ma. Bube s bouncing too, thanks for asking after him.
@ mitchhy, help me cc the person who asked abt Milo. The thing abt having big babies is dat, some times it is genetic. Just eat healthy( not for two) Most first tym mamas ll hv an epis or a tear( its not compulsory o, just most likely) . Bt just keep ur mind open. The impt thing as u ve bn told s to hv a healthy baby. No joy compares to that. So relax ma.

Cc Kotias300, see more answers from experienced mamas for you o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:56am On Jun 20, 2016
mitchyy:

When they say unripe, its not the one that is not ripe at all o cheesy. Who fit chop that type?
I'm sure that is what you people are thinking. The type that is getting ripe but still white and not yellow. That is what most pple refer to as unripe.
One mama i know who's looking for labor ate it yday and lost her mucous plug in less than 24hrs.
I might be wrong sha, you know we r all learning. But na for this thread i take hear unripe pineapple and nobody has bothered to explain that its the core all this while.

What about unripe pawpaw? It has been mentioned here several times top
Semi ripe is fair enough, lolz afraid catch me sha grin. What I know about unripe pawpaw is that its an abortificant don't know if it can induce labor.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Ada243:

Please share o. We are ready to learn

*brings out notepad and pen*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Where is our enkaydewdrop o?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lilylurv(f): 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
tipsyjules:
. Me I eat everything o.I took milo 2ice yesterday sef.The other day I asked a question about eating too much here but nobody answered me so I took my questions to my Dr and he said it's ok because my 1st 4months was hell,i couldn't take anything even water to the extent that if I see anybody eating I will throw up.I was weighing 75 before belle wen I was 3 month I dropped down to 53.So now that I have gained back my appetite I dey chop die.Anyday wey I no chop fufu or eba I won't get myself.Most times sef dem dey carry me stand up after I don chop 5 ppl fud finish.If the pikin like make e big afterall labour it's sef dey pain weda dem tear me or not I go still go through d pains.Na so our family friend intentionally starved herself during belle just so that the baby won't be big and mk she too for no fat after delivery, the day I saw d poor baby I was so pissed because he was looking so scary like lizard even as he don pass 1yr so.She is seriously regretting it now ppl dey always ask her who get pikin because d pikin no dey like say na she born am.

lol.... Iyaff kee me wit lafta. Abi nau, thats how a colleague was preaching to me ind office saying her baby was 2.6kg at birth cuz she was cautious of what she ate. And for me, any baby below 3kg is a no-no. Episotomy or woeva, i want moderately sized baby, not small..... And im papa sef big n tall. The last time i saw his leg during scan, e long.... Imagine make e no cum get flesh for body..... No joorh.

But honestly, i think it has more to do with gene than food and if its food, my first four month was hell..... Pap in the morning, garri at night, e cum be like say i be village gehl, chai! no fruit, no nothing.... Make i no cum chop now? Iz nor gewd ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Ada243 post=46745389]
i use d hospital for my first nd it was a luvly experience..being a firsttimer.i was well informed nd educated abt evrytin..i went on a tuesday wt 5k bt spent less..was given tuesday as my checkup days..for evry antenatal..i alwz go wt atleast 3k cuz they conduct urine nd blood test for sugarlevel nd protein(my urine alwz dey shy..na only me go remain for d ladies) nd for normal drugs..it ws btw 15k nd 20k for delivery den bt cant say now..dat ws 2013..and na ibo mamas plenty dia..na only 5 of us be yoruba mayb it s bcuz it s catholic hospital bt u cant knw d diff o..we alws had fun nd na evry of my antenatal..one or two mama go deliva..i luv dose sisters too..so nice nd friendlygrin..wen we were movin out..my medical rec ords were photocopied nd my doc even made a note which really helpd me wen i wan deliva at Randle...sori for my long story...i miss dose days nd u wil go to echoscan for ur scan at karu.hope dis help..udoomama go add hers too..all d best mam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ada243:

Please share o.

Bike.
kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Chia
Who knows any Catholic hospital around ajah or lekki axis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
hmmm...i no say na only me waka cum for here..na magboro i dey stay so cherrymum1..i fit join yah team

Ada243 abeg share o.

enkaydewdrop stil dey slip..na noon she go burst in..ma mitchyy check ur mentions na nd ansa me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
mitchyy:

Mum zaynie, kaffy4bill, britneystacy, come and shuk mouth put o. Let's clarify it once and for all

The unripe part is new to me too.
So I guess we stick wit pineapple and play safe
Pls let all stay healthy
Hearing the core too 2day

@rofemiguwa,its possible its ur cycle,body sure differs. How is pristine? My love to her

Make una no vex for me ooo
One love alwaz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
@cherrymum1 aka mum olamide,lets go there
I stay in alapere
Other mamas in our axis should signify ooo
@fortius,pls feel free to join

One love always

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
i just have to take him to the hospital, though it was at the health center the prescribed the drug am giving him.

Rhukie:
please,take her to the hospital

(1) (2) (3) ... (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) (1771) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.