Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8152097 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
OnyxGem10:

Amen sis thnks alot

Uwc.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
@ SisiNini and Favouredmom, i only began to notice movement @ 20 weeks. its a nice feeling when they start poking u or hiccuping but not so sweet when their bones are strong. @favouredmom, congrats if u are carrying two and enjoy the flutters.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
Pls oo, sabi mama's, since last week hav bin expecting pains in my jajania, little itching, bt d itching has stopped, wen iItouch my jajania, ifeel good, bt suddenly it Wil turn to pains. Even to kpekus na helll fire oo, ijst cnt try it. Pls wot shld do oo, who has experienced dis before
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
iomoge2:
Team November... Me went for anormally scan.
My baby just dey do kalo kalo for the scan man.

Changing position like no man's business.
The mam even said I should come in 3weeks for a free scan that he won't collect money... cool shocked

Today na like we were unable to see anything.
Even to show gender na lie. Baby cross leg like me.
As in d man was doing the scan and his assistant was laughing. He then looked at my leg and said release ur leg. Na d same posture your baby take. I dey do scan cross leg. After I spend over 45 minutes on top scan table and nothing to show.
Lol

They wanted to do 3d of face. Baby no gree. Once scan reach there. Hand dey follow.
Once scan reach leg. See kick as if to say don't touch me.
The man say na wa o
That he never see
Lol

I was just laughing.
I never chop o. See play abeg. Lol.
Baby dey do 360.
Close leg.
Suck hand. Legs dey my navel area already. Kikikikikikikikikiki.

It was fun sha..... Atleast we are fine.
I thank God.
I go do free scan in July grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy

So sweet and interesting baby yet they will claim dat they dont know anything

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chizeal(f): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
Proudmum38, afah come oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Welcome phundek, may it be a stress free journey for you. I'll add your name in the next roll call for team December. Kindly inform us of your EDD also. Just come in gallantly with your basket of fruits and tomatoes and drop it at the feet of Zaynie. She's the senior accountant and auditor general of this thread smiley

@ buccee, you aren't alone with the headache. I also have it sometimes but I notice if I take some fluid and lie down, I tend to feel better. Mine feels like blood is pumping into my head. Maybe it's part of the package but go with Akorkor's advice. And pls look for that libido in the cave you kept it

ArewaBOG hope you are okay?

I've learnt to enjoy each day and symptom as it comes. Pregnancy is indeed a wonderful experience and blessing from God

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
chizeal:
Hello all mama's how u all doing,
@ proudmum38 ' pls am here, wots d question, didn't see any.
Welcome ma'am ekene/ liftedhands.
Hmm, ma' am sugah, we're re u going to??

Question? Sorry mam,I dnt get u!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello mamas, how una dey? There's something I've been experiencing for some weeks now, sometimes it feels like my baby is trembling, like he's vibrating. I was really worried, so I googled it and saw so many posts on it. Other concerned mamas too were worried that maybe the baby was having seizures (God forbid) but from the answers I saw, it's completely normal. Sometimes the baby is having muscles spasms (nervous system is still maturing) or the uterus itself is stretching. And other mums that experienced it went on to have healthy babies. Now I'm relieved grin, so if you suddenly feel your tummy vibrating, all is well o.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
chizeal:
Proudmum38, afah come oo

I'm here mam.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
The very necessary once I know of are MMR n Meningitis
My hospital is charging me 5500 for MMR n 8000 for chicken pox for my dd nxt immunization. 
Pls if there is health centre around check from them if they hv so u can get for him der
Gaily04:

Yes, but most of them seem not to have any idea about the vaccines. Your input will be appreciated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2016
chizeal:
Pls oo, sabi mama's, since last week hav bin expecting pains in my jajania, little itching, bt d itching has stopped, wen iItouch my jajania, ifeel good, bt suddenly it Wil turn to pains. Even to kpekus na helll fire oo, ijst cnt try it. Pls wot shld do oo, who has experienced dis before

No idea mam,sabi mamas will attend 2u.

cc:lovinam,kaffy4bill,zaynie,Liftedhands,soonest,Ozycy,mitchyy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Welcome @fundek,ve a stressfree pregnancy. Mama zaynie owo ati tomatoes ti dey o!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Use more salt. Experts usually recommend limiting the amount of salt in your diet because sodium can raise blood pressure, sometimes dramatically. ...
Drink more water. ...
Wear compression stockings. ...
Medications.

Heisable16:
Gud morn mamas.

went for scan on the 18th of June and my placenta was marginal low placenta close to OS at 35wk+2d. Went to ante natal on 23 June and my bp was check it came out 80/50 doctor say since the doctors are on strike they will not admit.

I was ask to rest and take a lot of water for the bp to come up, that placenta can still move up before 38wks.
When others are complaining of high bp my own is low bp what should I do to increase the bp. what about the placenta, is it ok.

This is my third missionary journey, didn’t have it in my other two.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
D mama with headache,I heard here dat sleeping in a dark quiet room can help relax ur head...So pls try it out n see how it goes.

Ps-Headache is part of d package,but if it becomes unbearable pls see ur doc!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
lovinam:

Are you sure its no gas? Maybe try to lay him on his tummy so he can pass the gas. Please monitor him anytime you practice tummy time
he does not agree with lying on tommy,you must stand and move around while carrying him. the only resting time is if he is asleep.once he is awake,na soldier work i dey oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
buccee:

Thanks, wil try water therapy, d paracetamol I used sef only worked for 3 hrs before it resumed. Dh was even suggesting I check my pcv level.
Amen and Amen.

Pls check ur bp and ur pcv level. Also try and drink enuf water and eat to time. I had to go on low cut 4 ds pregnancy so as to pour water on my head everyday and i've bn fine,though i still have it slightly when i dnt eat on time or drink enuf water. The headache i experienced during my first was badt.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarbuns(f): 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fortius:
sugarbuns
cheesycheesy..tear slap ke!..dis mama no go keel person oo

I don't wanna reach January na, December is fine by me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
sugarbuns:
Kikikikikikikiki in Enkay's style
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olatebony(f): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
sugarbuns:
@tear slap...Kikikikikikikiki in Enkay's style
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ArewaBOG: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=ArewaBOG post=46973333][/quote]
Present ma.
Im gud o. Im really enjoying the honeymoon.
My edd according to scan is 4th dec. 17 weeks gone ( hope porting is allowed ). We thank God for the journey so far.

Team December 4 Supernatural Delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2016
My BS... 1...

So, at 20 weeks, I went for a scan and was told I had low lying placenta and that if it didn't move up by 36 weeks, I would have to schedule for a C-section...

I was really worried and sought for answers here; and I got a lot of encouraging words and prayers. I prayed and prayed and almost fasted sef (lol)...
Only God knows how many more times I went for a scan, even up to 32 weeks, and it was still the same...

When I went for my routine ANC at 32 weeks, my doc said that they would have to schedule a C-section for me between 36 and 37 weeks to prevent me going into labor on my own and rupturing my placenta, which would lead to bleeding and loss of the baby and/or mother...

I intensified prayers. Hubby, mum, pastors, everybody started praying...
I went for the final scan at 36 weeks; lo and behold, the PLACENTA HAD MOVED... I no longer had placenta previa, and we were all full of joy...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omojudy: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Iyabetajos:
My son Oluwatimileyin Andre went to be with the Lord yesterday at 11'40pm. It's well with my family. God bless you all for your prayers.
I was really rooting for you and telling my husband about u. I am sorry.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
My BS... 2...

Fast forward to June 1st, I started feeling painless, tightening of my abdomen and realised I was having contractions... I called my doctor, and he said they were Braxton hicks contractions, but that I should time them... I did, and they would be regular for a while, and become irregular again... I would feel them for like 2-3hours, and they would disappear for another 2-3hours and re-surface...
I was really hoping to have the baby at this time, even though I was just 36/37 weeks, so I was really hoping/praying that these were real contractions...

I went for my next ANC, met a different gynae and complained to him about the contractions, and he also said that they were BH contractions, but that since my place was very far and I kept complaining, he would do a Vaginal examination so my mind would be at rest... He said I wasn't in labor, that if I was in labor, nobody would tell me, that I would be in a whole lot of pain. I asked him if it's every woman that feels pain during labor (at this time, I was reading SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH and was earnestly praying for one)... And he said "YES! EVERY WOMAN MUST FEEL PAIN DURING LABOR..."
I just laughed

He started to perform the VE, and boy, was it the most painful thing I had ever experienced... I was screaming, shouting and crying all over the place; asking him to stop.
He stopped and then said he didn't think I could deliver vaginally cos I have low threshold for pain, that I should consider doing CS...
(rubbish talk... Mtchewwwwww)

The BH contractions kept coming everyday and more frequently too, and because I was praying for a painless delivery, I was worried that I wouldn't know when I would actually fall into labor. I was scared of giving birth to the baby at home, cos my hospital was far... So, I just told God to take control and tell me when it was time to head to the hospital to avoid "stories that touch... "

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
cherrymum1...try nd post on newborn thread,u get faster nd effective response from d experts sori our photobomber.she dey smile sefgrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Whyterose: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Gudday mama's... n a big congrats 2all who av given birth. We eagerly await ur BS. As 4me, sooooo depressed and sad, cos Dh is not helping issues at all maybe he thinks I am pretending,he complains abt everything,somtyms I get so pissed. My head aches like kilode, I feel constantly weak, can't eat any meal I prepare. Infact food stuff has this awful smell 2me. Yet he wants me 2make his meal 4him. I av my little girl of 16months 2look after 2, all by my self and I still go to work 2 with my little baby in town everyday with this Abuja hold up. I back my baby in d office so she doesn't disturb 2much. I close 4rm work by 4pm,get home n start all d up n down to put things in order. In all I am abt 6weeks gone. Abeg mama's am l lazy? ... cos Dats Wat my Dh told me yesterday cos I told him my head hurts. He Jst replied ...You are lazy. I Jst d vex d go as I type. Do men feel that we are robots?

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
My BS... 3...

I should have been due on the 27th of June, but I was already too tired from the weight of my baby and all the pain I was feeling, so I prayed and started to try out natural induction methods...

On Saturday evening (18th) , I ate pineapple, played ball with DH and kpekused...

On Sunday morning (19th), immediately after taking my bath, I wiped and saw a big yellowish glob of mucus plug and I was elated... I told my hubby and he was happy too (cos everyone was tired)...
We got into the car to go to church and probably head to the hospital from there, and the car refused to start, infact, it isn't working till today...

I was still having the BH contractions and this time, they were more intense, more frequent, irregular and totally PAINLESS , but they came with a lot of pressure around my lower abdomen and pelvis...

I called the doctor, he asked if I was feeling pain (cramps), I said no, and he said I wasn't in labor, and repeated that I would feel a lot of pain if I was in labor and that I shouldn't come to the hospital except I was in pain...
I called another friend of mine who's a gynae, and she said if I wasn't in pain, I should just sit at home instead of wasting time going to the hospital and be sent back home...
Then I asked her if every woman feels pain, and also went ahead to mention that I was reading SUPERNATURAL CHILDBIRTH and that I had faith for a painless delivery; to which she replied "Enkay, I read supernatural childbirth too, and my faith flew out the window when I went into labor... YOU WILL FEEL PAIN..."
And I laughed again and just went for a walk with DH...

On Monday (20th), I was very tired, weak and depressed... I slept all through and didn't eat much... I just wanted my baby out...
Now, the BH contractions were worse, but still PAINLESS... I only felt very slight cramps from my lower abdomen to my lower back, but I had faith that the pains wouldn't exceed the level that they were...

And then Tuesday (21st), the day that all hell was meant to break loose, came...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherrymum1: 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Fortius:
cherrymum1...try nd post on newborn thread,u get faster nd effective response from d experts sori our photobomber.she dey smile sefgrin

Thanks dear. Will do right away.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hafofems: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
@iomoge i love ur LO he/she is an active chap. My LO is always quiet during scan i wil even ask my doctor on next appointment.

@whyterose sowy. U are not lazy at all. Me dat i dont work and am a FTM lazy pass u. At times i form d laziness sha.Dh wil be like u are too lazy and i wil tell him dat did he just realise dat. I waited for dis pregnancy for 18months so i take tins easy even if he calls me lazy i no send. Am Abuja mama too and am looking for work seriously as my business is just down.

@cherrymum1 Lammi is still looking sweet and innocent wit dis rashes. The rashes shld park well and leave my Lammi alone oh.

@Enkay am enjoying dis ur BS. Thk God it ended in praise.

@mitchy how are u doing today? Do rest well.

I dey greet everymama oh.

Teamnovember4supernaturaldelivery.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
That's an infection o! It will grow if you leave it. Go straight to your doctor for prescription. While treating it ensure you kpekus with condom to avoid infecting DH and also re infecting yourself. The cream given to you by d doc should also be used by your dh on his instrument of pleasure. Throw away any pant used within this period.
chizeal:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.