Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2094) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144088 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
sugah:

Do ensure you check the expiry date on the base of the car seat... usually 6yrs from production date.
Make sure the car seat hasn't been in an accident.
hmm mm, I'm just learning something new. So car seats expire too.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pintoxx(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2016
Beautiful n lovely kids i saw yesterday on d thread cuties,can't wait 4my Lo 2 join thread cuties,God bless all d mamas here,ur pains n vigilante r nt in vain o.

@babythug,congrats ma n welcome 2d vigilante club,awaiting ur bs.

@Luscioustrish n Christybabe,u guys r lucky o 2get dat as a gift ,dat diaper is pricey,almost bought it yesterday but didn't because dh insisted we confirm d best size 4 lo b4 buying.

Pls mamas in d house,help a 1st time mom,should we go 4 size 1 or 2?

Cc;zaynie,Ahnie,Mitchy,Feddy27,Melly ,Enkaydewdrops ,Mompurity2 n all sabi mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
Self-induced vigilante... Patiently waiting for Rio 2016 opening ceremony cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pintoxx(m): 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
mompurity2:

My dear,am surprised 2 hear dat 2,will kip dat in mind.Hop my guys r gud?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
pintoxx:

Beautiful n lovely kids i saw yesterday on d thread cuties,can't wait 4my Lo 2 join thread cuties,God bless all d mamas here,ur pains n vigilante r nt in vain o.

@Luscioustrish n Christybabe,u guys r lucky o 2get dat as a gift ,dat diaper is pricey,almost bought it yesterday but didn't because dh insisted we confirm d best size 4 lo b4 buying.

Cc;zaynie,Ahnie,Mitchy,Feddy27,Melly ,Enkaydewdrops ,Mompurity2 n all sabi mamas.

I started with size 2. I think 1 is for babies who are very very small at birth

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
Unic1:

thank u ma. I have truck load of lacasera and gala. dt is not a problem. pls do you also have an idea on the use of quinine tablet in first trimester
Though a category C by the US FDA! Some doctors still recommend it. However it's still one of the drugs of choice in treating malaria in Africa.

It's quite confusing to say the least undecided pay attention to your body while on this drug as some people have negative reviews about it. My take is the severity of the malaria may cause a doctor to prescribe it as it benefits out weighs the risk to the unborn baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
pintoxx:

Size 2 if you want to buy in bulk.
But you can buy like 30-something pieces of size 1 for the first week. You will be surprised at how fast it will finish. The diaper I pack for hospital is usually of size 1.

Don't put too much money on diapers cos the baby will determine her brand of diapers. You'll also get lots of diapers as gift and you can use that to test other brands. Most people will also gift you with size 2-4, rarely with size 1.
Put in mind that big babies move up on diaper size really quickly.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
mompurity2:
Thinking about it now, the expiry date ish probably doesn't matter in Nigeria. Here it's one of the things they check at the hospital before they release your child to you...and I guess its because there would be new and improved safety features with newer models hence the 6yr limit law.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
mydreams25:
Zaynie pls dust my file i dont think am to pay dues again *winks*

Side-eyes her left and right........
Oya, because you get mouth, you can enter.....
You dey enjoy privileges now o, no talk say my regime corrupt. wink

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
ozycy:
Maureensylvia and prettyhurts am enjoying your convo

nwanyioma aghotaghim ihe ikwuru

nne supukene ya n'igbo oburugodu nwantinti

o bu kwa odoziaku oma anyi nwere n'ebea ana akpo liftedhands kpalirim

kedu kwanu ka ada gi nwanyi mere?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
cheeketo:
3 trimester mamas how is d waddling, vigilante mamas how is it going @ britenystacy didnt get to see that bump that got everyone talking,but weldone all d same. so to my rant,

so i got to ikorodu general hospital yestday to register for ANC, they only attend to first timers on thursdays, after the orientation (registration requirements,which includes your spouse donating blood before you are booked, financial requirement like 45k for VD 65k + for CS total o) they gave us bottle for bringing urine every ANC day, sold a CD and some pamphlets, gave us baby n mother list and some forms requesting for 5 tests to be done( genotype, hepatitis, blood group, av forgoten the last 2 joor) we did HIV test before we left and we took a tour of the hospital, they gave the nxt date to come book properly as 13th of nxt month, but dh must have donated blood and i must have done those 5 tests before that date.

pls mamas is that how first ANC visit is normally done or i went too early LMP says am 16 weeks today, didnt even get to see a doc, although first timmers that are further along are given shorter date for their nxt visit. me just want to be sure LO is ok, cos since MS stopped, i sometimes ask myslf if am really preggy abi my body is just deceiving itslf with all dis body changes, as i dont have fetal movement yet.

pls dont mind my plenty story o.

That's how general hospitals run.
You just registered, the next step is the clinic proper.
You can always go to the hospital even on days not your clinic day.
You go to the emergency room with your card.
Wait for fetal movement by 18-20 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
babythug:
To God be the glory!

My little one arrived last night about 2am ish or so......

He's so cute! cheesy

The labour pain...... hmmmmm nor be here!

Will be back to share the story soon

August mamas dropping it like it hawt#

Whoop! Whoop!!!
Congrats Babythug, May your son always make you happy and proud.
Amin.
Kisses to him kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
mitchyy:

I started with size 2. I think 1 is for babies who are very very small at birth

Was it huggies US u started with size 2 for newborn?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Omojudy:

Hello ma. Tell me more about the reason for your last cerclage, was there a threat, and how did the pregnancy go after the cerclage. Thank you
there was no threat at the time but because of my history of two 2nd trimester losses my doctor said it had to be done
After he put in the stitch he actually confirmed to me that my cervix was already slightly open at 14wks and that i would not have been able to carry that pregnancy beyond the 2nd trimester. My doctor was just the best he really took my case to heart and ensured i had the best care he ws Godsent. I hv lost his contact but i am still looking for how to get it back. The pregnancy went well had my son by VD at 37 plus 4 by induction. Induced because of my bp issues.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Unic1: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2016
Liftedhands:
Though a category C by the US FDA! Some doctors still recommend it. However it's still one of the drugs of choice in treating malaria in Africa.

It's quite confusing to say the least undecided pay attention to your body while on this drug as some people have negative reviews about it. My take is the severity of the malaria may cause a doctor to prescribe it as it benefits out weighs the risk to the unborn baby.
thank you ma.this is quite helpful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
babythug:
To God be the glory!

Wow congratulations babythug . GOD bless him.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2016
congrats babythug,may your cutie be a source of more blessing to your household.

welcome newbies!happy bumping.

so many cuties yesterday,mamas,una weldone oo
suzy,nice bump u got there,no worry your sef joor.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
suzy:
see our bump at 19weeks+ I dey fear dis my belle. how will it be when is 7 or 8months. abeg reason am

This bump is not too big, stop giving yourself unnecessary worries. Relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
As long as scan says everything is ok.
You see Britneystacy rocking her huge belly ( I didn't get to see it sha embarassed)

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
Mompurity2, how re u and the twinnies? Don't knw where they sell fairly used car seats but u av to be careful with them just as sugah av pointed out. Some could av been involved in an accident. It is generally not advised to purchase fairly used infant car seats.

Pintoxx, u can buy only 1 box of size 1. Huggies diapers are not as small as others. I used pampers swaddlers frm birth till 3wks or so b4 I switched to huggies size 1. Don't stock too many, u can always get wen u want.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2016
Maureensylvia Imela o! Biko a'mam na asusu anyia atoka, mana kanyi jiri nwayo na akpa nkata a. Ufodu ndi nne nu ebe'a ga ewere anyi iwe! Oga Di zi kwa ka anyi ekepula onwe anyi nime nzuko Di ebe'a. Biko kanyi debesia nu Na asusu bekee nke onye obula ga orta.

Cc prettmum
Prettyhurts
Ozycy( adim sure imaghi Igbo ede tongue)
Soonest.

Dalu nu oooooooooo. kiss kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
congrats babythug..may d Lord bless him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Babythug, congratulations dear! God be praised and love to your newborn kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 10:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
I'm beginning to wonder if we are aving Nigerian Language (Igbo class) here....maureensylvia and co

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
feddy27:

Was it huggies US u started with size 2 for newborn?

Dunno. Huggies in red pack sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
babythug:
To God be the glory!

He's so cute! cheesy

The labour pain...... hmmmmm nor be here!

Will be back to share the story soon

August mamas dropping it like it hawt#
congratulabia
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
mitchyy:

Dunno. Huggies in red pack sha

Ok. Dat's Huggies SA. The US ones re pretty sizable and i'm sure hansel would av worn a baggie diaper if it ws size 2 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
pintoxx:

i advice you go for size 2,we are using size 3 already in less than 6weeks although not huggies oo since mam feddy27 said size 1 is sizable ohkidoki.luv u

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeomaobi1: 11:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
Experienced mamas,

Biko help a FTM. This episiotomy pain no be here. I can't seat or do anything. My baby is 4days old. What do I do so d tear heals fast?

Oga Google is giving me oyinbo things and I can't even walk well to go buy it (witch hazel shocked)

No read and pass abeg o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
Pintoxx I think you should buy both. Buy size 1 but don't buy the big carton of 200Plus count. When I had my daughter, we didn't finish the carton of huggies before she grew out of size 1 and started wearing size 2. This time around I bought Kirkland Supreme instead cos it starts with size 1-2 that can be worn up to 7kg (the one I got is 136 count) and a couple of molfix size 1 pack of 12 for my hospital bag. I think the best thing is to buy half or a little less than half of size 1 and 2 just to be on the safe side, don't forget that they use a lot of diapers in the first few weeks...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nggie(f): 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Congrats babythug. Welcome to the world baby-babythug grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by melly245: 11:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
Liftedhands:
Maureensylvia Imela o! Biko a'mam na asusu anyia atoka, mana kanyi jiri nwayo na akpa nkata a. Ufodu ndi nne nu ebe'a ga ewere anyi iwe! Oga Di zi kwa ka anyi ekepula onwe anyi nime nzuko Di ebe'a. Biko kanyi debesia nu Na asusu bekee nke onye obula ga orta.

Cc prettmum
Prettyhurts
Ozycy( adim sure imaghi Igbo ede tongue)
Soonest.

Dalu nu oooooooooo. kiss kiss kiss
ndi b'anyi ndewo nu o
kezi mgbe nzuko a jiri bido?onye bu onye isi biko dee nye aham,kam aghari su asusu ndi b'anyi,maka confusion,
mana odu Onye uhu anyi no ngoo,ama nu ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Experienced mamas,

Biko help a FTM. This episiotomy pain no be here. I can't seat or do anything. My baby is 4days old. What do I do so d tear heals fast?

Oga Google is giving me oyinbo things and I can't even walk well to go buy it (witch hazel shocked)

No read and pass abeg o.

Have you not been doing your sitz bath? Put warm water (warm o, not too hot so you don't melt your stitching) in a bowl with salt and disinfectant, sit in it for about 20 mins. It helps to ease the pain. You can do it up to 3 times a day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.