Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200096 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:04am On Aug 11, 2016
Fortius:

welcum bck missmalachi..hw is princess doin ma.

mornin mamas nd papas

Thank u so much.she is doing fine.preparing for 1yr bash
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2016
iceboo:
Good morning mama. God has blessed me again after loosing my baby in march after PPROM at 32 weeks. I'm a lil bit scared for this one and i'm ready to do anything to prevent anything that will mk me loose this one (God forbid). My questions are, What can I do to prevent pprom. Does having intercourse lead to PPROM?. 3. Could pprom at 32 weeks b as a result of incompetent cervix (most incompetent cervix go into labor at 2nd trimester).......pls sabi mamas I'll appreciate ur contribution.........
I go still pay dues?. LolLol grin

My advice is to first make your findings about hospitals that can take care of premature babies, you may not be able to prevent it, you should try to manage the baby when he arrives.
I am not saying it will happen again o, I am just saying you need to be prepared for if it happens again.

There are many mamas here that had premature babies and the babies are doing well, you may need to read back to fish them out.
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2016
ozycy:
#threadcutie#
See her teeth o
Learning to stand and walk wink wink grin
Baby Sophie saying good morning beautiful mums.

Sophie is just so adorable. See her cute chubby face. Pretty little

Ure doing a fantastic job with your baby. She looks amazing. Muah!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2016
Welcome back missmalachi...

Hope you wont disappear and leave us again?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2016
missmalachi:
Thank u so much.she is doing fine.preparing for 1yr bash
Yayy!!..invite us o even if we cnt mak it..we wil salivate heregrin
jazzyjazz...flutters..uhn..ok..so which food u dey crave now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 11:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Baby March saying good morning Ma.
I've decided to let go of baby food till six months.

In the other news, His back is Dry, flaky and scaling. what can I use pls. Exactly when adult uses hot ingredient and reacting to it. You get the picture...? I've stopped dettol antiseptic and powder.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2016
so apart from mummy helovesme,no other mama deemed it fit to answer my questions even those i 'cced'. it is well sha.

mummy helovesme thanks dearie for the response,i will download your answer to question 4 and know where i am not getting it right. my lo hardly sleeps upto 3hrs in a stretch. i feed on demand too,and where we stay is quiet calm. i would love to switch the fan on for him but i think it is quite early.
thanks once again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2016
zimunachimdi:
sweetlaD
Am just seeing your mention. I stopped reading after I dropped the last comment. I continued this morning wink
You have to tell your doctor you are breastfeeding so he can prescribe a malaria drug that will be good for you and baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2016
sexymum1,ozycy and sayoddy, una babies too fine oooo. weldone mamas.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:26am On Aug 11, 2016
Please mamas, let's be careful who we hand our babies to.
A lady left her 2months old baby with a friend at my mum's shop. She went into the market to buy some stuff. After she left, her baby started crying uncontrollably and the baby is on EBF(exclusive breast feeding).
The friend couldn't endure the baby's cries anymore and guess what she did?

She bought satchet water, opened it and started giving the 2months old baby.

My mum tried to intervene but the friend said she is tired of the cries and the water wont kill the baby.
I dont think the lady values her friend's baby at all. It was so surprising
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2016
ozycy:
#threadcutie#
See her teeth o
Learning to stand and walk wink wink grin
Baby Sophie saying good morning beautiful mums.
kiss kissthis babe is seriously making me crave for a baby girl,super cute

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dosht(f): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2016
Hello sabi mamas
I lost my mucus plug this morning. Should I wait for labour or head to the Hospital to get checked. I was induced in my first pregnancy. So I don't know when labour starts naturally
Cc Zaynie liftedhands fortius and all the experienced mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2016
zimunachimdi:
so apart from mummy helovesme,no other mama deemed it fit to answer my questions even those i 'cced'. it is well sha.

mummy helovesme thanks dearie for the response,i will download your answer to question 4 and know where i am not getting it right. my lo hardly sleeps upto 3hrs in a stretch. i feed on demand too,and where we stay is quiet calm. i would love to switch the fan on for him but i think it is quite early.
thanks once again.

How many hours sleep does he get in total within a 24 hour period?

You know what you should do for the next one week?

Get a pen and paper and write down the time he falls asleep and the time he wakes up. You will be amazed to find out the total number of hours he sleeps in a day.

It will also help you to know your baby's sleeping pattern and where he feels most comfortable to have a nap. Some babies love to sleep after a bath. Some are most alert after a bath. Some prefer to sleep between noon and 2pm, etc. Some prefer to nap on a sleeping mat/blanket as this guarantees a good long nap. Others prefer cot.

For example, currently my son will not sleep for up to one hour in a cot during the day. He prefers the bed or cuddle cushion and on that he can sleep a good 2-4 hours.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2016
peggygee:
Good morning all in the hauz, abeg my dea sabi mamas I don show again o, make una helep me Chuk mouth for this iss. Just did my 3rd scan today, and my baby's weight is 3.4 @36wks +3days,(frm LMP. Cal) tho the scan result said it's 38weeks+2days, therefor shifting my EDD backwards by 2 weeks to August, pls my questions are as follows
1. Is the weight of my lo too much @ the stated weeks? Weather 36 or 38.
2. Also which EDD shud I go for? Was thinking the scan EDD will even increase and not decrease by 2wks like it did.

Thanks is advance ooooo, Cc: su.gah, Liftedh.ands, dexte.rush, iomo ge2, and all sabi mamas of this amazing forum....

The size of your baby caused the date to move back as it indicates your baby is bigger than the estimated foetal weight of a 36 weeks old hence the 38 weeks reading.

The size by all means indicates you may have a big baby but then scans have proved several times to be inaccurate, just be prepared cos your baby may come before you lmp edd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2016
dosht:
Hello sabi mamas
I lost my mucus plug this morning. Should I wait for labour or head to the Hospital to get checked. I was induced in my first pregnancy. So I don't know when labour starts naturally
Cc Zaynie liftedhands fortius and all the experienced mamas

Hospital please. It's better they check and send you back than to assume you're not in labour

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 11:59am On Aug 11, 2016
mitchyy:
A lady left her 2months old baby with a friend at my mum's shop. She went into the market to buy some stuff. After she left, her baby started crying uncontrollably and the baby is on EBF(exclusive breast feeding).

My mum tried to intervene but the friend said she is tired of the cries and the water wont kill the baby.

I do not think the friend has done anything wrong here.

Why would a responsible mother leave her EBF fed baby without making arrangements on what the baby will drink whilst she is away? No formula, no expressed milk, no water. Did she leave instructions on what the baby should be given just incase the baby became hungry/cranky? In fact, she should be punished for child abandonment.

Babies do not have an alarm clock to indicate when they are hungry or thirsty. Babies can get hungry at anytime.

The friend had no choice but to do what she did as the baby was clearly hungry or thirsty. Better to give her water than to leave her crying herself into a fit or till she chokes on her tears.

The only thing she should have done differently was maybe give her nestle water rather than sachet water.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
peggygee:
Good morning all in the hauz, abeg my dea sabi mamas I don show again o, make una helep me Chuk mouth for this iss. Just did my 3rd scan today, and my baby's weight is 3.4 @36wks +3days,(frm LMP. Cal) tho the scan result said it's 38weeks+2days, therefor shifting my EDD backwards by 2 weeks to August, pls my questions are as follows
1. Is the weight of my lo too much @ the stated weeks? Weather 36 or 38.
2. Also which EDD shud I go for? Was thinking the scan EDD will even increase and not decrease by 2wks like it did.

Thanks is advance ooooo, Cc: sugah, Liftedhands, dexterush, iomoge2, and all sabi mamas of this amazing forum....

Sometyms wen the baby weight is small,it pushes your edd forward,and wen the weight is more it brings it back like in your case.

I will suggest you stick to your LMP,and also have it in mind that baby will come when he/she is ready

To me I don't think the weight is too much cos I don't even like big babies,BUT you have to start reducing your carbohydrate intake that is if you have not started already cos it is at this time babies add weight,but in all people still birth 4.5 kg babies so I believe you wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Liftedhands:
The size of your baby caused the date to move back as it indicates your baby is bigger than the estimated foetal weight of a 36 weeks old hence the 38 weeks reading.

The size by all means indicates you may have a big baby but then scans have proved several times to be inaccurate, just be prepared cos your baby may come before you lmp edd

Thanks for the prompt response.... Scary tho, but we can do this, will just reduce my food intake for now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
sayoddy:

In the other news, His back is Dry, flaky and scaling. what can I use pls. Exactly when adult uses hot ingredient and reacting to it. You get the picture...? I've stopped dettol antiseptic and powder.
Fine baby.
As for d dry scaly back, my baby once had it and I was advised to stop rubbing cream on his back that I should be using only powder ( I mixed moju powder with rising powder), before I know it, it started falling off and we r back to our Shea butter.
Hope this helps?

I mourn with those that lost their LO's, may the holy spirit console u and give u double for ur loss.

Congrats to the new mamas, may u all carry to term. please avoid stress, take ur routine drugs and register fr ANC if u have not done so.

Congrts to d new mothers, God's preservation over them.

helovesme, fortius, Zaynie, Liftedhands and other experienced mamas, I salute u o. More wisdom to u.

Mamas Weldone, all I see here are wonderful cute babies.

My baby boy is looking for Birthday mate o. September 27 (also Bishop Oyedepo's birthday),
Love u all.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
zimunachimdi:

thanks once again.
from day one till now (10 months 2 weeks) my baby doesn't sleep for 2 hrs in a stretch, so don't worry. he only sleeps for like 3 hers at a stretch at nite wake up for breastfeeding then sleep again. it think its nature.
Some r heavy sleeper while some sleep for lesser hours.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
mitchyy:

Nawa for some pole oh,even if she has to(which is not so right)couldn't she have gotten bottled water,patapata small Eva #60 naira. Only God go help person

Hope you are good,please remember to always keep the place dry,it is well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
sayoddy:

Baby March is chocolatey yummy,feel like swallowing him thru the phone kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
mitchyy:

Jesu,Jesus,pure wat??
Even though d mom didn't do well too,bt pure waterdat isn't even safe for adult cos most r nt properly treated,pure water My heart z seriously breaking,my 17yrs old sil had typhoid n it was I bliv pure water dat caused it. Didn't d frnd c bottled water to buy,even on credit den wen d mom comes she wil pay 4it Naso d mama go cum bk now n won't knw her child has bin bombarded wit pure water.
Woe betide whoever dat tries to give my baby any nonsense without my knowledge,I go show u as I use tk shi.t am out. Nonsense upon ingredient. I'm pissed(where z dat pissed smiley undecided)

PS: calling it satchet water z giving it an undue sophisticated name,d name z PURE WAAAATTEERRRR

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IphyB(f): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
@mitchy kpele o
same happened to me, mind the way you hold baby while breastfeeding, be sure he is not resting on your tummy, if possible use a pillow to hold him up. And please don't sleep on your tummy yet.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
mitchyy:

This just reminded me of my own experience. I was at a wedding and a relative offered to hold my baby when I got up to dance(good gesture I know) a little while (not even up to 10min) I looked their way and saw her feeding my barely 4month moin moin shocked shocked with her bottle water in his mouth as well!(even with his own water right beside her in his bag)The speed I rushed her and took my son ehn? She was even like is it poison? Isn't not the same moin moin am eating?( Putting some in her mouth) I was so mad! She's elderly else what I would have said to her ehn?

1. Ekene wasn't ready for such solid good yet! He was on bm and formula.

2. She just took away the experience of feeding my son his FIRST solid food from me cry cry cry and to be honest it still hurts.

That lady was so not right at all! Even if she was to give the 2month old water it shouldn't be sachet water at all which purity is not guaranteed! That was so insensitive.

Zimunachimdi sorry dear I didn't ignore you I saw that helovesme has attended to your questions so I didn't see the need to re echo her again. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
@ mitchyy, I had CS too, and after the stay at the hospital for 5days which they nurses always used cotton wool soaked in ink (gv) to clean (swipe) the incision site once, I was asked to use cotton wool soaked in metholaythed spirit to swipe. After 2weeks, the stitches were remove and I was asked to continue until it healed properly. No bathing properly or rubbing the site though. Luckily enough, I didn't feel any pain at the site when I cleaned it and it healed properly & fast. Right now, the site is barely visible. I guess it depends on the type of stitch and hospital.

@oczy, Sophie is a black beauty princess!
@iceboo, Congratulations & your afflictions shall not rise again, Amen.

@ sweetlady4real, May god comfort you & give you double for your loss.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Appearing for thread cuties,baby Kamsi and baby Kc saying hi
@third pics,baby Kamsi with an uncle

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
Fortius:
mumi iceboo..i rememba u very well..welcum bck ma nd dis one is here to stay.

mumi ozycy..pls ma na u sophie resemble or dadi..she is biutiful lik a darkskinned mexican..kisses to her.

B4 nko grin. Na me she resemble thank you.

Welcome back iceboo

So sorry for your loss sweetlady4real. GOD will console you. It's well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 12:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Liftedhands:
This just reminded me of my own experience. I was at a wedding and a relative offered to hold my baby when I got up to dance(good gesture I know) a little while (not even up to 10min) I looked their way and saw her feeding my barely 4month moin moin shocked shocked with her bottle water in his mouth as well!(even with his own water right beside her in his bag)The speed I rushed her and took my son ehn? She was even like is it poison? Isn't not the same moin moin am eating?( Putting some in her mouth) I was so mad! She's elderly else what I would have said to her ehn?

1. Ekene wasn't ready for such solid good yet! He was on bm and formula.

2. She just took away the experience of feeding my son his FIRST solid food from me cry cry cry and to be honest it still hurts.

That lady was so not right at all! Even if she was to give the 2month old water it shouldn't be sachet water at all which purity is not guaranteed! That was so insensitive.

Zimunachimdi sorry dear I didn't ignore you I saw that helovesme has attended to your questions so I didn't see the need to re echo her again. kiss

Hahahahahaahaha. I can imagine how angry and irritated you were.

Reminds me of a fellow that wanted to give my son Coca Cola (he was drinking it and carrying my son who was obviously interested in the bottle and made attempts to touch it). You need to have heard the way I screamed HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. grin

I do not understand the craze/rush in exposing a child to certain adult food. These babies have a lifetime ahead to feed on these meals so what's the rush?

my most recent visit to Lagos, even before my arrival, I had made it clear to inlaws, family, etc that my baby doesn't feed on certain solids, so on arrival none of them had the guts or audacity to preach to me on what to feed my son or even offer him any solids.

Your own case is different and the lady deserved a slap since you were nearby and Ekene wasn't crying. She probably felt you are a posh mum and your over poshness is too much and wanted to cut you to size grin grin

However in mitchyy's scenario, the mum left the baby to "go and shop" and the baby began crying seriously. The friend I'm sure must be a single and totally inexperienced in handling babies.

E get some kind cry wey pikin go give that you will be confused and you won't know what to do. Thank goodness she didn't make attempt to breastfeed the baby herself.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nifeseun(f): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
Sixx:
Hmm babe am suspecting ejima 4 u o or na commander-in-chief u carry dere o, movement lyk 4 weeks ago? Pples bodies are differnt sha, wish u n baby a HnH nine months. Luv u too

Amen o, I really want twin o so I can rest 4 like 3yrs b4 another mission..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
mitchyy:

So she can't even buy 50 eva water? Or even other bottled water? Nawa ooo. The mother too do bad, she for express down.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.