Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8160314 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmmm I thought it was cheaper there
sugah:

100k is cheap compared to how much mamas pay for it abroad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
missmalachi:
@tipsyjules.......i can relate with ur experience.i too was re suture and it was one hell of a pain.despite d Anastasia given ,i felt the horrible pain.i cried till i got home.....infact am sure most people that saw me leaving the hospital will think i lost someone.

My sister that pain na die o.After slicing out the old surface with their knife, they will now sew ur skin back chaiii. I now had to go and queue for drugs, see me dey cry make them attend to me.It's like anaesthesia in Nigeria doesn't work well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Hmmmm I thought it was cheaper there

No oh... Epidural rate is between the range of $1000 above

Cc: sugar, feddy27. If am not mistaken right?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzy(f): 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
tipsyjules:

Haba!!! January too far na,na ending of this month grin .You wan kill me ni? I was even thinking of next year September but with this pain ehn na 2018 e go be o.

Are u sure about dat ? well i hope ur hubby comes dis dec and lets see whether u will not register for new team. D pain will soon disappear dear. Sorry about it. The Lord is ur strength
E-hugs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
@tipsyjules na wao oh u see something. Body dey even pepper my husband as I dey read ur BS make him hear. He said that Dr is to mess him up until his license is withdrawn and the hospital closed down. Nigeria hospitals God help me and help all other mamas.

Like my husband will pray ( the right Drs and nurses will attend to me and my baby). I pray the same for other mamas.

@jazzyjazz how u dey take eat plenty like dis I am 22weeks 2days I eat twice a day. i eat Fruit first thing in the morning

@bristeystacy I heard shea butter kills the nerve around the penis so they don't use it on men or male children. To prevent them from being impotent. Pls mamas clarify.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
Akorkor:

Cc: sugar, feddy..27. If am not mistaken right?

If you see $1k, it's a good deal. Most times, it's frm $1500 above
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
suzy:

Are u sure about dat ? well i hope ur hubby comes dis dec and lets see whether u will not register for new team. D pain will soon disappear dear. Sorry about it. The Lord is ur strength
E-hugs

Suzy dear am very sure o.i can't shout!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Me sef de wonder how I de take eat like dis o! Funny enough I've gained only the amount of weight needed for this stage of pregnancy

All I know is dat the moment I entered mid 2nd trimester, all I see, think and breathe is food!

Even if I demolish 10 oranges, I will still eat food! 
I don wake dh one nyt to go scoop coconut rice for me for pot na. 

Chanbaby:

@jazzyjazz how u dey take eat plenty like dis I am 22weeks 2days I eat twice a day. i eat Fruit first thing in the morning.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Are u serious?
Hmmmm

Akorkor:

Cc: sugar, feddy27. If am not mistaken right?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
Your birth story is horrific @ tipsyjules. Sorry for what you went through. The pains will soon vanish you hear.
Congrats to the new mums that just delivered. God bless you and your bundles of Joy.

Mam whyterose how are you and yours? It's been a while.
Chanbaby and other feb mamas I greet you all. I wish the remaining Oct mamas easy delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 3:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
Akorkor:

Which hospital gives epidural in lagos? 100k is not that expensive for epidural oh if you know how much mother spend on childbirth abroad you go shock. In this economy now, 100k is less than $300 so that is quite okay lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In my hospital it's 35k. In USA it's 1500 $ That's about 7500 thousand naira if am not mistaken .So it's cheap here but thats if it will even work.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onaswu(f): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=soonest post=50119136]

Yes it's safe.
Cc: Enque[/quotte]
Thanks so much I feel better now

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Akorkor(f): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
tipsyjules:

In my hospital it's 35k. In USA it's 1500 $ That's about 7500 thousand naira if am not mistaken .So it's cheap here but thats if it will even work.

Woww, that is quite cheap. But the problem is they may not know how to even apply it may be that is why it wont even work.

In short, May the lord give us the best doctor/nurses to treat us in respective of where we are birthing our children.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ammy5565:

Teamie howz me? Chai if u see me nw, all my shakara don end. I dey waka like trailer when fail brake, pls na wetin dem dey call 'waddling'? I even make an effort to catwalk, for where? Its well oh.
And did u say ur bump is not out yet? How come na
Lucky you oh.
Have a great day sweetie
kikikikiki,catwalk abi weytin you talk?me with portable bump self no fit catwalk again.the tiredness this days no get part2..my sista,the tin tire me ooo,am not on a big side but people said i shldnt worry that not everybody will have big bump...we go show ourself for nextweek by God's grace
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
tipsyjules:

My dear, dollars don reach 470...that's about 705,000 nairas (as oyibo man would say)

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
@tipsyjules your birthstory got me screaming..kpele dear.the pain go soon varnish,na you go dey call dh to come home that you have miss him grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
For those of you planning your babyshower and thinking of cake to make,have got something for you grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Godmother(f): 5:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
sabi mamas been having contractions for two nights now. It starts by 9pm till 6am and then stops. My lo has also been very uncomfortable. Dunno if its d new style I adopted. I stopped taking chilled water and only drink slightly hot water plus my regular walks.

Shud I be worried or is this normal.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babythug(f): 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

Congrats on your baby. May God, bless her and keep her.

You can store at room temperature for 6 hrs

In the fridge for up to 3 days (best place is at the back of the fridge on the middle shelf as temperatire flunctuations caused by the openning and closing of the doors will affect it less)

In the freezer for up to 3 months. ( preferably deep freezer)

To use if cold/ frozen You can warm up in warm water. Or simply leave to defrost at room temperature.

Once warmed up or defrosted.... DO NOT RE-FREEZE OR REFRIDGIRATE.

It is normal for the fat to seperate during freezing or refridgiration,

DO NOT SHAKE when mixing. Gently swirl to mix.
Shaking destroys some amino acid chains and degrades the quality of the milk.

Modification: the fridge and freezer timescales are based on constant electricity.if you dont have that you may want to use your bm soonner and keep an eye on it to avoid it going bad.

The lecturer fun ara e grin grin

You remind me of my biology teacher in secondary school her notes were endless LOL
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
limsycutey:

It's never too early to start, you can start buying once you know the sex or even buy unisex colors before then. Yeah, 20k is not bad for basic baby items. Good flask (medium size) is about 3200-3500, pack of 7 bodysuits about 3500, sleep suits set of 3 is 2500-3000. You still have another 10k to buy some other things like socks, caps, mittens, baby soap, cream and oil.

Thanks so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by serendipityF: 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
same here, saw trickles of water twice yesterday, called the ob/gyn and he said to wait for contractions b4 coming to the hospital, dunno if itz contractions or not, bt I ve been having some sort of menstrual cramps once in like 3/4hrs, sometimes mild and sometimes not mild...the whole matter just confuse me. wheeeeeeew!

Cc feddy27 and other sabi mamas

Godmother:
sabi mamas been having contractions for two nights now. It starts by 9pm till 6am and then stops. My lo has also been very uncomfortable. Dunno if its d new style I adopted. I stopped taking chilled water and only drink slightly hot water plus my regular walks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
sugah:

Haba mana. Na we suppose dey learn from you as per second time mum tinz.
Generally advised to start as soon as you know your baby's gender.
20k in this economy cry I don't know o, maube mamas that shopped recently would help
o
Lolz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
missmalachi:
Ozycy......happy birthday to baby sophie
May she bring you immeasurable blessings,may her days be great n full of glory.
Kisses to her from her name same
Awwwwww, thanks darling. kiss kiss
Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
eeewwwww!

Mummytee:
For those of you planning your babyshower and thinking of cake to make,have got something for you grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
Godmother:

Your little one is almost here.
Shie u wee go n see doctor?
Just to be sure.

Mine just seat down dey enjoy.
Not even engaged.
After spending hours in d hospital today, i have calm down....

No more rush.
If Zoe like make she come December.
Am not bothered again.
We go dey push dey go.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
Mummytee:

Ewwwww!
Dis cake is gross!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Godmother:

Me think u shud see ur doc asap. Maybe lo is finally on the way as u ve been bugging him/her cheesy
God's grace ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Hmm epidural is so expensive in naija! My hospital say it costs up to 100k

My dear! In this buhari economy? God go help us.
Sometimes i just get so scared all over again that i almost feel i wont be able to do without it. My pain threshold is the lowest i've ever seen. M so scared.
I dunno if its available in govt hospitals.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
serendipityF:
same here, saw trickles of water twice yesterday, called the ob/gyn and he said to wait for contractions b4 coming to the hospital, dunno if itz contractions or not, bt I ve been having some sort of menstrual cramps once in like 3/4hrs, sometimes mild and sometimes not mild...the whole matter just confuse me. wheeeeeeew!

Cc fedd..y27 and other sabi mamas

Teamie, sorry for responding late. You should head to the hospital. Your water broke and you are having contraction. Congratulations in advance. i'm waiting to celebrate with you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2016
Godmother:

You should see your doctor dear.God's favor all the way
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by serendipityF: 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
thanks cappo

feddy27:

Teamie, sorry for responding late. You should head to the hospital. Your water broke and you are having contraction. Congratulations in advance. i'm waiting to celebrate with you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 9:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
serendipityF:
thanks cappo

What's up with you? Seen your doc yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SmartNYSC, jarrot(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.