Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150020 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2016
Besea:
Jumayin, I will answer u as e dey do me. I believe it varies from person to person. In my previous pregnancy, I was returning from my evening walk when I felt trickles, in my mind I was like ope o my water has broken, I was 37 weeks at the time. I rushed home to check for stains or viscosity only to discover that it was urine + this intense pressure on my rectum, I started sitting with one yansh up.
So yesterday night, I was about to dig into my beans and garri when I felt the same intense pressure on my rectum. I jumped at first cos of the discomfort then I later realized what just happened and relaxed. Both times I experienced loose stools afterwards, like from since morning I've visited the loo 4 times though I'm not purging.
Not everyone gets to experience the dropping /engaging so don't fret if you don't experience it.

Godmother, it will definitely end in praise for all of us
ooooookkkk, thanks for explaining...we r almost der

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 6:53am On Oct 14, 2016
feddy27:

Thorpido, Gaily04, ubir Please help my teamie on this rhesus negative / rhogam matter.

Teamie, be positive. It will end in praise !
Bussy2rymes,where are you?You could get the injection at a General Hospital near you.The injection costs between N13,000 - N15,000 depending on where you are taking it.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 7:30am On Oct 14, 2016
jaysmama:

Hi am not trying to scare you but i think you should see your doctor. The most reliable way you can tell the cervix is fine is by transvaginal scan so insist it should be done. I lost two babies at 27/28 and 25 wks to cervical incompetence and the main symptom i had was that lower abdominal pressure.
sorry bout ur loss dear, my previous losses were all first trimester actually but just wan be sure no cause for alarm, didn't know they do TVS at this stage in pregnancy.,will discuss with my doctor.
It will end in praise for us all in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ubiR(f): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2016
thorpido:
Bussy2rymes,where are you?You could get the injection at a General Hospital near you.The injection costs between N13,000 - N15,000 depending on where you are taking it.
I got mine frm a company pharmacy for 32k...how many weeks gone and any previous pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ubiR(f): 7:33am On Oct 14, 2016
thorpido:
I got mine frm a company pharmacy for 32k this April...how many weeks gone and any previous pregnancy?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ubiR(f): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2016
bussy2rhymes:
Good evening mamas, I went for ANC today. I was told to come for induction on my EDD which is next week. The reason is that I am Rhesus negative and also ask to get Anti-rhogam on my admission. Any mama experienced this??

Pls help with where I can get the anti-rhogam in lagos mainland and the cost.

I have started my long walk and climbing stairs for past 2 weeks. what else can I do to induce labour naturally as I have my fears for induction and my dh isn't around.

The doctor also said my purging after eating is just a way my body is preparing for Labour.

Please help your sister

Cc: Feddy27
And everyone I don't know everyone monikers.

Thanks
took mine this April....my Hubby's company pharmacy brought mine to the hospital and the price tag was 32k frm around Isolo I guess. d Dr said there are different types and the most trusted one is frm 30k BT with dollar wahala no one can tell for now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:08am On Oct 14, 2016
Yaay, thanks sis. Will do. Amen and you too

soonest:

@beeblossoms, salbutamol is not a steroid. In this case it's a tocolytic meaning it relaxes the uterine muscles to prevent further contraction. Pls don't stop taking it until your doctor says so.
It's well with you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2016
Will see him today. Thanks a lot

AlphaHandMaiden:

Why not go back to your doctor and seek advise. NL is not the place to take advise regarding medication that could have very adverse consequencies. You have a doctor for that purpose. If you feel you need a 2nd opinion, go to another doctor or another hospital.

There is most likely a reason you were given.
Steriods are sometimes given to very early pre-term babies to allow some of their organs e.g lungs to develope faster to enhance their survivial before they are brought out via cs.

So take any advise other than your doctor's with some caution.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2016
Amen, and that Google thing is real. Thanks sis.

Sixx:
Teamie it is well with u n ur lo, dnt knw about d medication but just pray n take whatever the doctors recommend and it shall go well with u. STOP googling, it will only bring down ur spirit more n discourage u. Imagine i just googled braxton hicks yestday morning n i opened one devilish site full of bad news concerning it, immediately preggy worry hormones set in n av been so depressed unnecessarily since yestday. Devil is a bastard. angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamafresh: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2016
Hello mamas in the house, pls I need advice. I have a 7 months old daughter and it took me 5yrs of trying b4 I finally conceived her glory be to God. My challenge now is that I have not had my monthly cycle since I had my baby. I read online that it happens to some mother's that do exclusive breastfeeding and that it go for as long as a year. Pls I need advice from experienced mamas and also suggestion on what I can do to trigger my monthly cycle. May God bless us with our heart desires.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2016
feddy27:

Thorp.ido, Gaily04, ubi.r Please help my teamie on this rhesus negative / rhogam matter.

Teamie, be positive. It will end in praise !

Sorry dear, am not in Lagos. I think ma'am fortius should have an idea of where is get it in lagos. Come to think of it, is it that our health care delivery system is bad ? She ought to have been told about her status when the lab results came back after registration for ANC. As at April when i booked for mine, it was 33,100 but was given a discount and finally paid 28,000.

All the best my dear.
Bussy2rymes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 9:03am On Oct 14, 2016
thorpido:

I registered in general hospital Gbagada and they don't have it. I was asked to get it outside.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 9:09am On Oct 14, 2016
ubiR:
I got mine frm a company pharmacy for 32k this April...how many weeks gone and any previous pregnancy?

I'm 39+4 weeks. its my first pregnancy. Do I really need to be induced at exactly 40 weeks?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2016
Gaily04:

Sorry dear, am not in Lagos. I think ma'am fortius should have an idea of where is get it in lagos. Come to think of it, is it that our health care delivery system is bad ? She ought to have been told about her status when the lab results came back after registration for ANC. As at April when i booked for mine, it was 33,100 but was given a discount and finally paid 28,000.

All the best my dear.
Bussy2rymes

Thanks .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
U de even wear cloth for house. Me de Waka NAKED! Unless we get visitor, I go carry dh trouser and shirt wear. But if na me and dh or my mama, sister, SIL, MIL, mehn, na naked tins. Cant come and wear cloth and be like I want to faint

Sixx:
You try 4 d language my sister. Welcome 2 third trimester, me I still dey week 26, n d symptoms are bae, braxton hicks n lo has been expecially tireless 4 2 days now, boy has got a lot of energy while me dey here dey tire. N sis, I no get cloth again too o only 3 gown n wrapper for house which I evn loose after lyk 2 seconds n walk about wit it gathererd inbetween my legs because notin is just comfy anymore. Can't wait 2 end ds journey in praise o, I tire. To carry belle no easy.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switlolly27(f): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2016
thorpido:
got mine for 20k here in Abuja 2wks ago

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Amen. Thank you ma'am
MineMK:

@jazzyjazz..Congratulations! We serve a faithful GOD and A resounding Amen to your prayers. Hebrew women delivery experience is your portion.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2016
You're right though.

But the medical profession is about selflessness and some Nigerian medical practitioners don't practice that at all
Loisemm:

Could it also be because their nurses over there are paid so handsomely? wink

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:06am On Oct 14, 2016
Chaii!!!
Na so?

It will end in praise for us all

iomoge2:

Heaviness
Kikikikii
Wait until 34weeks for d defination of heaviness. Lol

Now i wonder how i will close my legs. Lol
Heaviness n leg hooking......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DonaTee(f): 10:13am On Oct 14, 2016
mamafresh:
Hello mamas in the house, pls I need advice. I have a 7 months old daughter and it took me 5yrs of trying b4 I finally conceived her glory be to God. My challenge now is that I have not had my monthly cycle since I had my baby. I read online that it happens to some mother's that do exclusive breastfeeding and that it go for as long as a year. Pls I need advice from experienced mamas and also suggestion on what I can do to trigger my monthly cycle. May God bless us with our heart desires.

in order words u want to start trying again. There's not much u can do except u want to wean or baby completely or use drugs to induce af which may destabilise some pples body system.
Its just 7mths. Ur body is readjusting. Giv it some time. Enjoy ur kpekus. Sone women end up pregnant without getting a period after deir previous baby.
by 9mths u may start speaking with ur gynae
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DonaTee(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2016
bussy2rhymes:

I'm 39+4 weeks. its my first pregnancy. Do I really need to be induced at exactly 40 weeks?

At 41wk+3 days. But b4 den ur doc can do membrane sweeping for u, it may help trigger labour.
U shld do ur own part.... dancing n rocking ur waist, serious cowgirl kpekus, excess pineapple eating, walking etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nennynj(f): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2016
congrats to all my teamies that ve delivered
Happy waddling to all preggies. it ll soon b over
TTC mothers, God ll surely give u ur own testimony

I wish to thank all on this forum for you mentions, advice, an courage given to me all this while. may d almighty God bless and see all of us through ijn.

Cappo Feddy21, am I expected to give BS since mine is an elective surgery.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switlolly27(f): 10:28am On Oct 14, 2016
Missed thread cutie yesterday, mamas meet my princess oluwadarasimi olive.

57 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 10:39am On Oct 14, 2016
switlolly27:
Indeed a princess! kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2016
bussy2rhymes:

I registered in general hospital Gbagada and they don't have it. I was asked to get it outside.
Thanks
Okay,maybe you should go to LASUTH.It seems the price has increased.It may be over N20k now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamafresh: 11:22am On Oct 14, 2016
@ DonaTee thanks for your response, U guessed right, may Almighty God make it easy for me this time around. I am just been paranoid though. I will just relax and let my body adjust. May Almighty God bless us with our heart desires.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 14, 2016
switlolly27:

muahhhh. kisses to this our baby. So beauuuuuutiful cheesy

@jazzyjazz, I agree dear. Was just pulling your pregnant legs (smile) and trying to help us see their naughty attitude from another perspective. These nurses ought to really change though we have a few good ones.

On a lighter note, don't eat me o cos we now know your 'capabilities'! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2016
switlolly27:
I am in love with this babe, chubby and cute. God bless you darling.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gandyluv(f): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
my birth story

According to LMP and d 3scans I did,i have Oct 6th as my edd.wen I went for my 38 week visit,d doctor said my cervix is so thick and baby has not engaged..the doctor said may be the baby's head is too big dats y it has not engaged so he ended up scanning me..

based on the scan result baby's weight was already 3.6..I wasn't surprised because I ate alot of carbohydrates during pregnancy days so I was expecting a big baby even though I don't want d weight to be more than 3kg

the doctor now advised since this is my first pregnancy,he don't want me to end up with Cs,that if he allow me to reach my edd baby will be too big and I can't push him out.he said I should come for induction on 30th,i told him that I don't want to go through d stress of induction and end up with Cs.
he was able to convince me and he promised me that i wunt feel any pain.

on the 29th Sept I started feeling pains,i went to the hospital and d doctor checked and said my cervix is becoming soft,that we are preparing for baby and baby is also preparing.i was asked to come back tomorrow around 6.am.

wen I went come,i was still having irregular contractions but the were bearable.the contractions became 20mins apart at night and I couldn't sleep.i left for the hospital very early in d morning with my hospital bag and told my mum I will call her wen I need her..

I arrived d hospital around 6.30am,the doctor came in around 7am,he checked me and said I was already 2cm.he said I'll do gud and everything will be fine.i wanted to stand up but the doctor said I should lie down so that the drug he inserted will not scatter.he asked d nurse to get me up after 30mins.

I started sweating around 9am,i was feeling pains that i don't even know how to control it.i was jus rolling on d floor.l called my mum to come that am dying.the nurse came and did a Ve on me and she said I was already 5cm,she wanted to inject me and I asked her was d injection for,she said pain reliever I told her that please I dont want any more pains she should jus let me be,she said I wunt feel any pain after the injection so I allowed her to inject me.

the doctor came in and did another VE and said I was 6cm,he said he will make the labour short so he broke my water.i was in serious pains that i started crying and nodding my head that no one told me labour was that painful.

I was taken to the delivery room and that was history for me cos I don't know anything that happen there.the only thing I could remembered was d gave me like five injections and I slept.wen I woke up d first thing I did was to touch my stomach and d doctor and his team started laughing at me that i am looking for my son??he asked my mum to bring him and I so my bundle of joy..

his name is ECHONME-EMO(love of God) ALI ISTIfANUS.he came out at exactly 11.13am(so I was told) and he weighs 3kg.wishing the remaining mamas supernatural delivery.

sorry for any mistakes as am typing this in pains.my stitches got open and I went back to the hospital,i was stitch back after enduring the pains.the thing is now open again I don't really know wat to do.

cc feddy27

24 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2016
mamafresh:
Mama relax its normal for some women and that doesn't mean you dont ovulate.
Some even get pregnant without seeing period.

My period started 7 month after delivery and that was even because i reduced breastfeeding.i hv a friend who saw hers 1 yr after delivery.
Pls do nothing to trigger it cos it will come on its own
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
switlolly27:
Wow......so cute n looking adorable.

@gandyluv.....congrats once again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hello mamas smiley hope everyone and their bumps are doing well. Please, may I ask, is there any mama registered at GH Igando for antenatal? Please what day(s) is it? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.