Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8196643 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumFiyin: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ameen to all the prayers.

Thanks Mamas @iomoge2, Jazzyjazz, fruitfulblissful, Nicoleswizzi, AbbyHummy, iyomomoreloaded and all oda Mamas. May God continue to meet us all @ our point of needs.

I feel better and I know my baby is here to stay, In Sha Allah,

quote author=nicoleswizzi post=51424045]
Don't worry....d God DAT put a testimony in my mouth will do d same for u, all u need to do is believe in him...don't let ur faith tary no matter what...nothing will happen to ur baby in Jesus name.amen...it is well with u, don't worry about ur job, d lord will supply ur needs according to his riches.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
MumFiyin:
Happy Sunday to all Mamas in d hse. Congrats to all that have offloaded, happy bumping to all pushing Mamas and baby dust to all ATC Mamas.

I write this with a heavy heart and I'm seriously praying and hoping the scan was wrong. I am 8 weeks + and went for my 1st scan yesterday and the Sonographer said He cldnt see the baby's heartbeat. The result I was given states Missed Abortion but suggested I do another scan in a week.

I didn't bleed, just d regular on and off cramps. The Crown to Rump Length is 16.5mm which according to google and most baby apps I have on my phone is accurate with the age of the pregnancy.

I am being positive that he just missed it and my baby is alive. I have spoken with God and I know He won't disappoint me.

My fellow Mamas please pray for my baby to be safe and alive. I lost my job a few wks ago, the pregnancy and my son has kept me goin and I can't handle any disappointment or bad news now.

Please I need ur prayers.

Sorry for my long post.

Team July with Faith.

I speak life.
I speak life.
I speak life.

Every negative decree, Every negative thought that seeks to destabilize you further, I rebuke.

This moment, receive grace to think positive. Receive grace to maintain a positive and joyful outlook.

I summon the angels who assist in conception, pregnancy and delivery, to look into this matter you have brought here. Let them correct any anomaly in mother and Child.

At the end of Nine months, you shall carry your baby. Say Amen.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Finished shopping? No oh! For this economy? Hmmm. We are just praying that God should help us. Since its dh shouldering all the responsibilities and still responsible for his younger ones (he's the first son) it's not been easy. But he has been trying honestly. 

We have bought crib, bath set, diaper bag, cloth dryer and a few clothes and bibs, caps
My mum got us some clothes too

If I was working I know it would not have been this hard (lost my job a week after our wedding in April)

I'm sure before baby comes, we will buy all we need. We are just trusting God. 
freshtestimony:

Abeg rant jare, he no easy at all. Pls appreciate that Dh for me ooo, they are trying easing the stress off you neck.
Have you finish shopping?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ehenm abeg sabi mamas I get kweshion

Pls when it comes to omugo, whose parent usually come first? Is it the lady's mum or the man's mum?

I have 2 mother inlaws (dh papa marry 2 wives)
I know my second MIL will not come
But my dh's mum lives in Jos, while my mum lives in Abj. I and dh also live in Abj

So pls how does this omugo thing really work?
Who comes first?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by freshtestimony: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
It will surely end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
Flodel:
Teamie u just describe watz hAppening to me, sumtyms when I wake up in d morning I'll spend sometym on d bed cos to stand up na war, to turn na war, if I'm walking my leg will hook, I go con dey waka lyk person wey dey limp. In all I give God praise. Let d count down begin
Seriously my count down is now in days. The remaining weeks just seem so slow. But I also thank God for bringing us this far

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
jummy004:

My cappo ayaf finished typing o,dnt knw wt went wrong n i cldnt find it again. Will type it again tomorow by His grace.

Pele.
What i do after typing plenty is to copy it b4 i attempt to post it. That way i still have it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
mumfiyin.your baby is well and alive. Remain positive and trust in God to perfect all that concerns you.
@Ijelex please work with your doctors on this. Also try to be calm. We want both of you alive and healthy. The Lord will preserve all that is yours IJN. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Pls when it comes to omugo, whose parent usually come first? Is it the lady's mum or the man's mum?

But my dh's mum lives in Jos, while my mum lives in Abj. I and dh also live in Abj

Who comes first?

In SE tradition, the woman's mom comes first and leaves after at least, 3 months....
Then MIL can now come.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Who comes first?

Omugwo is solely for your mum! But exceptions do occur whenever necessary. In Igbo tradition your hubby will have to go and invite your mum by first seeking permission from your dad(her husband) she comes with plenty edibles (bought by her money and your hubby's) this is cause both of you are not expected to go out eg market during the duration. When she's done and is leaving you and your hubby will send her back with gifts of appreciation. Her duties is just to pamper you, help with the baby while you rest, bathe you and the baby while you recover from child delivery smiley

Your mil can come whenever she likes but due to space and power tussle(conflicting opinions) mils are advised to come after your mum have left.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fruifulblissful(f): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2016
mum Ijelex try to stay calm because d great physician will give d doctors wisdom and understanding to do d rite tin, stay relax and work wit them. It is well wit u and lo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 7:01am On Nov 28, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Who comes first?

This your question causes major kwanta between my mum and I. She claims that it's the mil job while I believe it's the mum so just imagine the fights we have whenever I put to bed cos she only stays till after naming and leaves me with mil who basically is battling with health issues of her own. I end up doing my things myself.
Though some people will say that it's whomever the woman is more comfortable with. Since your mom stays in abj it would be easier for her to come to you than your mil and if you are on very good terms sha mil can come later for extended visit
Also different cultures have different rules for omugwo so you might need to ask your husband people too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmm
I'm from south south. Lemme start asking my relatives how it's done in my place

MizMyColi:

In SE tradition, the woman's mom comes first and leaves after at least, 3 months....
Then MIL can now come.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:42am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmmm
This i

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2016
Aunty Beyedew, tuale o! Two hands in the air! Make I bring am down?
Ya munchin is doing great! Next appointment is 2mrw

I see ya mention for ya diary
Ya diary keeps us company o! You need to see how I refresh for updates upandan
That's how I will be laughing anyhow when I'm reading it

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 8:27am On Nov 28, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Hmmmm
This is serious o!

My mum is the one in abj, MIL is in Jos
I remember one time like that when I was in 2nd trimester, my mum said that she's not supposed to leave her house to come and do omugo, that my dh is supposed to bring me to her house instead and I was like shocked shocked in this day and age? Hian! I sha told her that won't happen o! I kukuma told her to sha get ready to come and live with us for the period of the omugo after lo is born. Me I kent shout biko!

because this is the first grandchild of both families, I really want to be cautious b4 dem go carry am do me shege for my next missionary journey undecided

That is how it starts ooo. Like play like joke. Pls try to sort it out before the D day. So you won't be disappointed

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 28, 2016
Mine is May3rd
Rhemy2013:
@mumfiyin,it is well with u put all hope on God........
Pls ooo I don't no my team mate,I will like to no them.Edd is may5. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2016
@Jazzyjaz, different strokes 4 different folks. I'm 4rm d south south 2, my parents r here in Lagos while my mum in law is in Edo. If we want mumsy 2 do omugwo 4 us den we av 2 carry our bags n go 2 her house. So dat I did 4 all 3 births, my muminlaw only came 4 dis 3rd one after I had been @ mumsy place 4 ova a mth. No issues came up wit d arrangement 4rm ny of d parties. So find out 4rm ur hubby n relations on how it works. Nd if ur mum is like mine, she won't budge. All d best.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2016
jazzyjazz:

Who comes first?

Put ur mum ist bcs going by d way its done she's d one DAT will come, ur mil has her own daughter to do omugo for, tho she can come and see her grandchild but for me, its ur mum DAT should come ooo u will be very comfortable with ur mum, especially when sh does sumfin to ur baby u don't like, u can say mummy plz I don't like DAT one ooo, but if na ur mil..which mouth u wan take talk...u go just dey die in silence...tank God mumsy is closer and even if she isn't, she go still enter bus come...so tell DH say na ur mama u want...but his mum can also come sha and carry small(lol) and go later...am just being very honest...

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning mamas, how was d weekend, hope everyone is well, H&H? If so tank God...this is an official invite to all mamas and especially those in Benin, to my wedding taking place on Saturday.... @holy cross cathedral.. At mission road...by 10am...reception follows at marquee da havens event centre,2 faithway, off adesuwa road,opp faith arena.. Gra Benin city...u are all invited...

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modestdude(m): 9:01am On Nov 28, 2016
freshtestimony:
Good day mama in the house, congratulations to mamas that have birth their baby may they be a source of joy to your family. To my waddling mamas may we carry to term IJN.
Congrats to Suzy, its your day have fun, eyin iyawo oni mo eni ooo,

I was able to get my prenatal gums yesterday black Friday things wink, buy one get one free.

My able cappo how are you doing? jazzyjazz hope 3rd trimester is treating you well?
Dunni29 how are the kids and hope you were able to cope sha? It will end in praise for us.

#teamjanuaryforsupernaturaldelivery
#newyearbabies
Hello dear, please what's the health benefit of this pre natal gummies to pregnant women. Sorry am new here, my wife and I got married recently, last month precisely and She is now 5weeks pregnant. I am glad to see this thread which I will send the link to her to join the family. Thank you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmmm, cultural practices can be so funny, am Yoruba so will explain how I know we do omugwo in my own way, when a woman marries,they believe you now belong to your husband's family so its the MIL that comes to take care of both the wife and the baby when the wife gives birth(so far she is alive and agile), the wife's mother might not even show at all and even if she shows up she won't sleep on the couple's place in as much as the MIL is around. I and my parents live in Ilorin while my MIL lives in Ogun state, when I gave birth to my first my mum came to our house to care for me and the baby for 3days because my MIL wasn't around, she came the 4th day and took over for 3months and my mum had to go back to her house.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning my able women. I just want to rant this morning. Morning Sickness is a b**ch!! tongue tongue tongue. Since on Saturday, I dont know the person inside my body is. Headache, vomiting, being hungry but cant eat anything. The only thing that agreed to pass my throat is carrots and apples. I'm at work right now but feeling soo tired and sleepy. I'm just looking at all the files on my table and I feel like crying. Please what can I do to alleviate this or na so e go continue until it stops?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Good morning my able women. I just want to rant this morning. Morning Sickness is a b**ch!! embarassed embarassed embarassed. Since on Saturday, I dont know the person inside my body is. Headache, vomiting, being hungry but cant eat anything. The only thing that agreed to pass my throat is carrots and apples. I'm at work right now but feeling soo tired and sleepy. I'm just looking at all the files on my table and I feel like crying. Please what can I do to alleviate this or na so e go continue until it stops?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:43am On Nov 28, 2016
First of all, congratulations to you and your wife. Pls send her this link so she can come here to share her thoughts and concerns and also contribute to things she has knowledge about.

She can also come here to rant about her preggy wahala as much as she wants - we are always all ears. grin grin Lol.

She can come here and unleash those preggy hormones  cheesy cheesy

Prenatal gummies are equivalent to the drugs your wife will be given at the hospital to help the baby develop. It contains a pregnant woman needs for her growing fetus. The gummies is also an easier version of medication for women who hate to swallow pills as the gummies taste like fruits and it makes it easier for her to keep up with her medication. 

Other sabi mamas will contribute to your question. 
Let me cc some of them

Cc
Soonest
Onegai
Realdentist
Alphahandmaiden
Zaynie
Enkaydewdrop
Beyedew

modestdude:
Hello dear, please what's the health benefit of this pre natalnefit of this pre natal gummies to pregnant women. Sorry am new here, my wife and I got married recently, last month precisely and She is now 5weeks pregnant. I am glad to see this thread which I will send the link to her to join the family. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2016
Actuall
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:50am On Nov 28, 2016
Hmm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2016
Pele o
It's part of the package. You just gotta endure it till the phase passes

For some it's after 12weeks, for some.....e de continue

Pele o

spiceeamiee:
Good morning my able women. I just want to rant this morning. Morning Sickness is a b**ch!! tongue tongue tongue. Since on Saturday, I dont know the person inside my body is. Headache, vomiting, being hungry but cant eat anything. The only thing that agreed to pass my throat is carrots and apples. I'm at work right now but feeling soo tired and sleepy. I'm just looking at all the files on my table and I feel like crying. Please what can I do to alleviate this or na so e go continue until it stops?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:03am On Nov 28, 2016
Chaiiii
Ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 10:03am On Nov 28, 2016
Yayyyy another wedding
Congratulations and I wish you a happy married life in advance
Our Benin mamas, make una go show face o so dat una go chop party rice hehehehehehe

Abeg o send our cake oooo

nicoleswizzi:
Good morning mamas, how was d weekend, hope everyone is well, H&H? If so tank God...this is an official invite to all mamas and especially those in Benin, to my wedding taking place on Saturday.... @holy cross cathedral.. At mission road...by 10am...reception follows at marquee da havens event centre,2 faithway, off adesuwa road,opp faith arena.. Gra Benin city...u are all invited...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 10:17am On Nov 28, 2016
grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2578) (2579) (2580) (2581) (2582) (2583) (2584) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: wayisshut and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.