Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8144652 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 10:57am On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=Kittana post

I can't remember how much they charged for epidural o, it was my husband's place of work that takes charge of my Antenatal. but I remember that when I signed the bill on my way home it was close to a million naira for the whole delivery service which includes the private room stay for 4days, the birth itself, breakfast, lunch and dinner, medications plus epidural, all d tests run on the baby to give us a clean bill for discharge, epidural and 6weeks postnatal appointment plus my first shot of depo provera contraceptive injection as at 2010. yes it is a private hospital and their services makes delivery so easy that when u hear of other people's delivery experience in other hospitals u jus can't help but thank God for ur own. I wouldn't know how much they charge now for epidural because i didn't use it during my second delivery in 2013, I wanted to see how much difference is btw an epidural birth and a birth without it. still don't know what I want to do this time around as I'm still undecided.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=CharmyBliz post=52487156][/quote]lol you are right, we 29 weeks + and lo have 10 weeks to leave her mansion sef.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatweenz: 11:35am On Jan 03, 2017
Congrats mummytee God bless u n ur lo.
Best wishes to mama suzy, supernatural delivery all d way.

Meanwhile pls how can I induce labour naturally dis Babe no wan cooperate cry cry . Doc sed I shld come on friday if I don't go into labour by den

#teamjan
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2017
wishing mama suzy safe delivery
can't wait for mine even though I am scared as each day goes by embarassed

edd may 24th,sex unknown.. abeg help me edit am with the may roll call
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2017
Mama pls calm down d journey is almost over pls ayam interceeding on lo's behalf give us @least 2wks moore cool sad #teamJanuaryforHebrewwomendelivery
CharmyBliz:
good morning mamas how we dey...pls OK can I be induced at 38weeks bcoz am very anxious to see my lo and d anxiety is just too much.
since baby is fully developed and only adding fat is dia any disadvantage of been induced without waiting for labor. cos I no want big baby and last scan says baby is 3kg+
Cc zaynie tchiwinnie and other Sabi mamas
#team January for Hebrew women delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
Waoh!

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 12:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Yesitsme:
nooo. private hospital and health center. I took it after my first delivery. Am 28wks now and my gynaecologist said I will take it again at 30wks and after delivery. Heard its now 35k, too expensive. can't I take it after delivery?

Someone I know took twice.
One during and the other after.
It was 15k when she first took then it rose to 30k.

cc: Thorpido, please is it a must to take thrice? It's expensive o embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
ahnie:
Edd z April insha Allah!

Amin.
I think the pain is your uterus expanding.
Keep calm. kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
Chizeal, thanks for checking up on me. Hw are you and your LO?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
MizMyColi:

embarassed

I saw this online

RhoGAM, or Rho (D) Immune Globulin, is a sterile solution made from human blood plasma that is given to Rh-negative women in the form of an injection. Rh is a protein most people have in their blood, on the surfaces of red blood cells.
Someone who has this protein is said to be Rh positive, and someone who does not have it is Rh negative. Approximately 15 percent of the population is Rh negative, and of those, 15 percent are Caucasian, 5 – 8 percent are African American, and 1 – 2 percent are Asian or Native American.
Rh factor is not typically a health concern until pregnancy occurs or a blood transfusion is needed. Rh incompatibility is a mismatch between the blood of the mother and the blood of the fetus and occurs when the mother is Rh negative and the fetus is Rh positive.
The FDA approved RhoGAM in 1968, and since then it has saved countless lives. In 1977, a mini-dose called MICRhoGAM was introduced. Since the introduction of these two drugs, problems caused by Rh incompatibility in pregnancy have almost disappeared.
Some people are allergic to this medication and should not use it. If you have a bleeding disorder such as hemophilia, an immune globulin-A deficiency, heart or kidney disease, or have an allergy to human immune globulin, you will need to discuss this with your healthcare provider first.
Still, RhoGAM is not known to be harmful to a baby during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Learn more about the Rh Factor During Pregnancy to see if you will need the RhoGAM shot.

Why is RhoGAM Administered?
When Rh-negative blood is exposed to Rh positive blood, the Rh negative blood responds by producing antibodies that attack and destroy the Rh positive blood cells.
This can lead to problems such as fetal anemia, which in turn can cause a life-threatening condition known as hydrops fetalis, which causes internal bleeding, heart and kidney failure, and shock.
Rh immunoglobulin prevents your immune system from attacking your baby’s blood.

When is RhoGAM Administered?
RhoGAM only needs to be administered when Rh-negative blood may potentially be exposed to Rh-positive blood.
This most commonly occurs during pregnancy and blood transfusions. For Rh-negative women who are experiencing their first pregnancy, RhoGAM is usually not administered until their 28th week of pregnancy, and then again within 72 hours after delivery.
For every subsequent pregnancy after the first, RhoGAM will need to be administered at regular intervals, especially during the second half of the pregnancy.
It is also extremely important for Rh-negative women to receive this injection after any miscarriage or abortion in order to avoid future pregnancy complications.

How Does RhoGAM Work?
In a way, RhoGAM can be said to work almost like a vaccination. A vaccination introduces the body to a dosage of a virus that is too small to cause serious illness, which enables the body to learn to fight the virus effectively, thereby preventing serious illness in the future.
A RhoGAM shot contains antibodies to Rh-positive blood, but not enough of them to cause harm to the fetal bloodstream.
The mother’s body detects these antibodies, and reacts as though the immune system had already taken action against the “foreign” Rh-positive red blood cells. Because the mother’s immune system never reacts to the fetal blood, she never becomes “sensitized” to it.

http://www.pregnancycorner.com/being-pregnant/health-nutrition/rhogam.html

Rhogam is very important for Rh negative mama

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 1:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
10 scriptures to fight fear In pregnancy!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
MizMyColi:

cc: Thorpido, please is it a must to take thrice? It's expensive o embarassed
Ideally the injections are taken thrice.The 3rd dose however may be witheld if childbirth occurs within 3 weeks of taking the second dose but that will depend on if there's no excessive bleeding at childbirth that may expose the child.

Cc:yesitsme

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
Kpekus well well wt ur dh
Take pineapples
Drink zobo
Eat anything made wt potash

mamatweenz:
Congrats mummytee God bless u n ur lo.
Best wishes to mama suzy, supernatural delivery all d way.

Meanwhile pls how can I induce labour naturally dis Babe no wan cooperate cry cry . Doc sed I shld come on friday if I don't go into labour by den

#teamjan
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mofy1(f): 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pls mama's in the house I have question for u oooo.@least like how many week should I feel my baby kick grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mofy1(f): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
enque:
Kpekus well well wt ur dh
Take pineapples
Drink zobo

The bolded got me laughing grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Good day mamas hope everyone is fairing well..today is bumpy Tuesday abi so I decided to open ground for u people....I fink d food I ate made my bump look so big. Me at 27wks +4days...

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
thorpido:
Ideally the injections are taken thrice.The 3rd dose however may be witheld if childbirth occurs within 3 weeks of taking the second dose but that will depend on if there's no excessive bleeding at childbirth that may expose the child.

Cc:yesitsme

Thank you Sir.

Ehen please Thank God you're here.
All the people I'm calling to complain to are either not picking or unreachable.

Please Doc, we went for immunization today o.
They gave her two long injections like that and one liquid to swallow.

We came home and I noticed she has been crying non stop (very unlike her)
So I checked the injection site and noticed an abscess. I have rubbed Ori on it, but her tears won't let me massage. Should I just leave it be? Will it go on its own? I have also given her 0.3ml of pcm.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 2:34pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ok thanks omoloulah.

mofy1:

Abi? As though it will not work with another person.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hallos wink, how is the pushing and kicking? Third trimester is here finally, Thank God for bringing us this far, it will surely end in praise for us all....
Team March I hail

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
mofy1:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
Izz not a joking sturvz... grin grin

mofy1:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ur bump ain't big o....at least u can still zip ur shorts

nicoleswizzi:
Good day mamas hope everyone is fairing well..today is bumpy Tuesday abi so I decided to open ground for u people....I fink d food I ate made my bump look so big. Me at 27wks +4days...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello mamas and our new babies . Compliments of the season. Please does anyone have an idea of how much it costs to register for antenatal at uch Ibadan . I want to know so that I will be prepared.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
iomoge2:

Awww.
We bless God.
I missed d pix.
The mention didnt have d 2 -iomoge2 - so i didnt see it.
All the same, weldone mama.

Ohhh. Cappo must see baby Martin
First one at 3weeks and second at a

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Happy new year everyone!

May God bless us all abundantly in 2017!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
MizMyColi:

Thank you Sir.

All the people I'm calling to complain to are either not picking or unreachable.

So I checked the injection site and noticed an abscess. I have rubbed Ori on it, but her tears won't let me massage. Should I just leave it be? Will it go on its own? I have also given her 0.3ml of pcm.
Don't rub it.It should ease off.Repeat the pcm later in the day.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
thorpido:
Don't rub it.It should ease off.Repeat the pcm later in the day.

Okay I won't.
Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
@nicoleswizzi ur bump is beautiful. kiss
@mydeporch ur son na handsome bobo, it shows he really baked well well. kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MizMyColi(f): 4:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
Happy new year everyone!

May God bless us all abundantly in 2017!

Amen Ma'am
And you too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatweenz: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2017
[quote author=enque post=52492225]Kpekus well well wt ur dh
Take pineapples
Drink zobo

Na only number 3 I neva do ooo, kpekus sef is already on fire yet d Babe just pam
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 4:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
@nicoleswizzi ur bump is beautiful. kiss
@mydeporch ur son na handsome bobo, it shows he really baked well well. kiss

Thanks mama,
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
MizMyColi:

Thank you Sir.

Don't massage please! Place a wet wash cloth on the site and do your best to pacify her, she may refuse her formula and only want breastmilk. Repeat the pcm later.

Always ask for the name of the vaccine your child is being given( usually indicated on her schedule card). Just to be sure it's the right one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) (2677) (2678) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Blissfultee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.