Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145412 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 3:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
CharmyBliz:
Things you can do to save money as a new mum
- breast feed exclusively. It will save you money for formula and hospital.
- don't buy sterilizing set or bottles until necessary. Some babies move from breast to cup or spoon. Mine used only one bottle. Refused avent bottles used Tommy tippee. I bought avent sterilizing unit too.
- potty train as soon as possible. Diaper is costly! I stopped using Huggies. Later went to premium pampers. I plan to explore cloth diaper with my new baby.
- for girls buy one pink shoe and one black shoe. It will go with all outfits. I bought plenty expensive shoes. I realize it wasn't necessary.
- until they can walk and be appreciated when they dress, buy just needs. Inner tees, body suits, and outing cloths. Nothing frivolous. I was busy sewing mini me cloth and buying plenty cloths. Some she wore few times before she couldn't again.
- for things that are constant buy in bulk.
- lastly Pray well, it will save you and LO and DH from sickness, lack, unforeseen problems and it only cost your time.
I just tot I should drop my two cents. It may not be for everyone, but take what you can.
Love you all
# team January for Hebrew woman's Delivery
Waow, thank u mama for this...Is dre any need to get outing cloths for newborn...since mother and child dosnt leave d house till after 3 months...in sum cases...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Hwa teamie, God bless ya marriage.
thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onaswu(f): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
CharmyBliz:
- breast feed exclusively. It will save you money for formula and hospital.
- don't buy sterilizing set or bottles until necessary. Some babies move from breast to cup or spoon. Mine used only one bottle. Refused avent bottles used Tommy tippee. I bought avent sterilizing unit too.
- potty train as soon as possible. Diaper is costly! I stopped using Huggies. Later went to premium pampers. I plan to explore cloth diaper with my new baby.
- for girls buy one pink shoe and one black shoe. It will go with all outfits. I bought plenty expensive shoes. I realize it wasn't necessary.
- until they can walk and be appreciated when they dress, buy just needs. Inner tees, body suits, and outing cloths. Nothing frivolous. I was busy sewing mini me cloth and buying plenty cloths. Some she wore few times before she couldn't again.
- for things that are constant buy in bulk.
- lastly Pray well, it will save you and LO and DH from sickness, lack, unforeseen problems and it only cost your time.
I just tot I should drop my two cents. It may not be for everyone, but take what you can.
Love you all
thanks for this tips. will put them into practice.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stgenius(m): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
wow,long tym here, hello lovely mamas. dis chizeal using Hubby's phone, HW una dey oo0p miss una wella, congrats to all mamas wey dopn born,welcome all d newbies, and may God see u all wadling mamas,...,

Jazzyjazz food mama, HW is u,liftedhands,fortius,enkaydewdrop, mitchy, preggygee, onegai, imoge,feddy27, dexterush,chanis15, mitchydiva, helovesme,enejeta,loiseemn,Blessedmum,portable4real, tipsyjules,Veeva, kaffybil,favouredmum,mumO, Jumayin, mumhb, cappo sugah, Jan to December mamas 2016, HW are we allllll,hapi to see u did 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
enque:
we are fine o...thanks!
hows ur lo?
compliments!!!

We are fine too. Doing gr8. It's not been easy wt d vigilante. Can't wait to be with d grandmas so I can be relieved a bit.
I knw it's not wednesday yet but permit me to share now.
Martins at one day old and at 3wks

Some 0-3mnths clothing are now tight dt he can't stretch his legs well. 3-6mnth onsies fitted him well yesterday. Despite all d spitting up, my baby is growing well and adding weight.

@iomoge, favouredmom,enque, Jazzyjazz.....

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=Sixx post=52437680]Team January New Year Message.
Yes o, it's time for new year babies to take over, it will end in praise for us all.
But I dey vex o, I asked question about mucus plug cos I saw a bit of it some days back, and no one has given me an answer, I know am not popular around here like some mamas, but I guess I'll wait till my nxt appointment be that. thanks all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=cheeketo post=52471337][/quote]

Sorry abt dt. I never saw my mucus plug b4 delivery so I might not be able to help much. I didn't see ur post b4 but I knw dy always say seeing mucus plug sometimes doesn't mean baby is near as it regenerates. Hope other mamas can help out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
hi swweet mums.plz am 19 weeks gone and am extremely exhausted and tired most times despite the constant sleep and my hubby doing most of the house work and am eating well.

what is the cause of the tiredness and exhaustion?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=cheeketo post

awww!!! sorry sis. this festive period plus all d pregnancy orishirishi jus hook people somehow. some people down have their mucus plug come out all at once and some people do. pls b sure to observe if u notice it again and if it happens pls head to d hospital and have ur doctor check to be sure of what is really happening. sometimes these things are not as straight forward as we think jare. in all, I wish u all d best as u prepare. no vex say we no answer on time biko.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omoloulah: 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
[quote author=realtalk19 post

I was as tired as you too at that stage and mine got worse because i wasn't eating and the gynae said d tiredness was because baby was still in d active forming stage. his theory was that since all d body parts are aggressively forming and most of d things baby needs is taken from u, u myt likely experience tiredness and sleepiness. sorry. jus rest as much as u can and I believe it'll pass. although it's still not passed in my case because I've not been eating even at 33weeks so now I can say I'm mostly tired because I'm heavy but I no dey sleep o. infact I get insomnia. lolz!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realtalk19: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
omoloulah:
[quote author=realtalk19 post

I was as tired as you too at that stage and mine got worse because i wasn't eating and the gynae said d tiredness was because baby was still in d active forming stage. his theory was that since all d body parts are aggressively forming and most of d things baby needs is taken from u, u myt likely experience tiredness and sleepiness. sorry. jus rest as much as u can and I believe it'll pass. although it's still not passed in my case because I've not been eating even at 33weeks so now I can say I'm mostly tired because I'm heavy but I no dey sleep o. infact I get insomnia. lolz!!!

tanks so much omoloulah .i av appointment tomoro at d clinic.i was beginning to think sometin was causing it. i wil rest well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
Just for laughs grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
MTN Nigeria users, dial *559 *444# If you are lucky, you will be given 4gb data, valid for 7 days. Seems it is a New Year data gift

But na 4G o

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
mydeporch:

We are fine too. Doing gr8. It's not been easy wt d vigilante. Can't wait to be with d grandmas so I can be relieved a bit.
I knw it's not wednesday yet but permit me to share now.
Martins at one day old and at 3wks

Some 0-3mnths clothing are now tight dt he can't stretch his legs well. 3-6mnth onsies fitted him well yesterday. Despite all d spitting up, my baby is growing well and adding weight.

@iomoge, favouredmom,enque, Jazzyjazz.....

Hi dear congratulations. Ur baby is so chubby. Pls this ur baby's beddings where did u get it from?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
CharmyBliz:

Love you all
you are much appreciated mama. God bless u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Waow, thank u mama for this...Is dre any need to get outing cloths for newborn...since mother and child dosnt leave d house till after 3 months...in sum cases...
IMO, no need. only buy outing clothes when baby is ready to go out

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chanbaby:

Hi dear congratulations. Ur baby is so chubby. Pls this ur baby's beddings where did u get it from?

Thanks dear. The pics make him look more chubby. He was 3.075kg at birth nd by 10days after already 3.5kg.
Bought it in Qatar here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:
Good morning my able mamas
Ayaf come again with a small request

One of us is in the hospital for induction

Our very own mama suzy
Please let's join in prayers that it will end it praise for her. Let's pray that all we will hear is mother alive, baby alive, father rejoicing with plenty money

Suzy will deliver safely IJN
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
Just for laughs grin
grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 10:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:
Just for laughs grin
Lol, looks like she's about to pop.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itissettled3: 11:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
Congratulations Sir.

Tell your wife to drink cold water to cool her down..lol.

Keep assuring her. It will surely end in praise. She should read Isaiah 66 vs 9.

I guess u are team Feb. Kindly confirm let me update our records.

rengsho:
Wow! Lovely thread. . . . Just stumbled on this thread and have learned so much here. My wife and I are expecting our First Child soon, she is in thee 31 week.

But anytime my wife remember going into the Favour Room she gets scared. I have been trying my best to encourage and continue praying with her that everything goes well. And I know God will do.

Regards to you all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 11:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Having SERIOUS cramps....I cant even walk well.my legs aches as it has affected my movement.it started this morning

Pls help.

Cc zaynie,babythug,soonest,tchiwinnie and Mr thorpido.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 12:05am On Jan 03, 2017
Happy new year to all mamas and papas, wish you all a prosperous, blessed and amazing year.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dexterush(f): 12:23am On Jan 03, 2017
ahnie:
Having SERIOUS cramps....I cant even walk well.my legs aches as it has affected my movement.it started this morning

Pls help.

Cc zaynie,babythug,soonest,tchiwinnie and Mr thorpido.
Sorry mummy zino,hope you are taking calcium,if no pls start. All is well

stgenius:
wow,long tym here, hello lovely mamas. HW are we allllll,hapi to see u did 2017.
Thanks dear,hapi new year to you,kisses to your lo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 2:18am On Jan 03, 2017
BIRTH ALERT!
BIRTH ALERT!!
BIRTH ALERT!!!
Alhamdulilahi Thank you lord, I finally became a mother after many yrs of waiting,how great is thy lord.
My princess made her grand entrance today,02/01/17 at 10:48am US time, 05:48 nija time.. Weighing 7.1lb, 3.2kg.,
i pray for all my ATC sisters, 2017 is your year Insha Allah
To all the mothers here, you guys are the best sis ever. I really appreciate y'all

#Teamdecember ported to teamjanuary#
Cc favouredmon sixx

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 2:43am On Jan 03, 2017
Mummytee:
BIRTH ALERT!
BIRTH ALERT!!
BIRTH ALERT!!!
Alhamdulilahi Thank you lord, I finally became a mother after many yrs of waiting,how great is thy lord.
My princess made her grand entrance today,02/01/17 at 10:48am US time, 05:48 nija time.. Weighing 7.1lb, 3.2kg.,
To all the mothers here, you guys are the best sis ever. I really appreciate y'all

Cc favouredmon sixx

Congratulation mummytee. God is ever faithful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SisiNini(f): 3:11am On Jan 03, 2017
Mummytee:
BIRTH ALERT!
#Teamdecember ported to teamjanuary# Cc favouredmon sixx
Congratulatons ma'am... God bless the baby...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:49am On Jan 03, 2017
Mummytee:
BIRTH ALERT!
BIRTH ALERT!!
BIRTH ALERT!!!

Cc favouredmon sixx
congrats, more blessings, welcome princess
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 4:49am On Jan 03, 2017
ahnie:

Pls help.

Cc zaynie,babyth.ug,soo.nest,tchiwin.nie and Mr thorp ido.

Iya Zino sorry.
Shebi you know that cramping in pregnancy is sometimes normal. It means your uterus is expanding to allow baby be comfy.
It might also be due to contractions brought on by stress or food or fruits.
So drink water steady, take a break, lie on your left till you feel.better.
If the pain increases or becomes unbearable, kindly see a Dr.
When are you due?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:00am On Jan 03, 2017
cheeketo:
Gud evening mamas, sabi mama pls I av a question o, how big is d mucus plug, does it come out at once? I was about to av my bath dis evening, I decided to pee on myself since am about to have my bath, as I bent my head to spit out toothpaste foam I noticed a pinkish mucus tin dat came out when I passed urine on the bathroom floor, but it's quite small sha so I want to know if I can pass it in bits or at once, my stomach around my navel has been tightening but nt painful sha, ANC appointment is nw once a week, nxt appointment is Wednesday, 37 weeks according to LMP, bt dr. says am 36 weeks. thanks mamas.

My SiL passed mucus plug for almost a week till real labour set in.
I hope you have your bags packed?
The mucus will come in bits for a while till the rest will just blob out either before labour commences or during active labour.
If you notice you are leaking down there, please see a Dr immediately.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 5:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Mummytee:
BIRTH ALERT!
BIRTH ALERT!!
BIRTH ALERT!!!

Cc favouredmon sixx

I have so been waiting for this news.

Congrats darling, may God Almighty bless your daughter and always make a source of joy in your home

I wish you a quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2017
@ joyfulmoda, iamfruitful04, realsupermum, hope you ladies are doing alright? Pls do check in and share the good news of delivery.
@ mukhcech aka our December daddy, has madam put to bed? Pls fill us in

@ to Suzy our latest iyawo, the last we heard was your induction. @ jazzyjazz kindly help us confirm how she's doing. I'm sure it will be good news in Jesus name.

@ deporch, i saw your baby's picture before you took it down. He is so cute, God bless him for you.
Babies tend to outgrow most of those NB/0-3 months clothes so fast. Some of the 0-3 months onesies I bought are very tight on my twins now, and they are just 5 weeks old. Thankfully, I didn't buy so much.

May God continue to provide for us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) (2675) (2676) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.