Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,742 members, 7,827,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2948) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8169528 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2017
ahnie:

Toh...Nagode ai
Ba damuwa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
you can do that divide the wall into two halves, one part milk and one part brown, den to go further on the milk part of the wall you do designs with brown , one the brown part of the wall you do designs with milk....or you can simply paint everywhere milk, den design with brown...

I intends buying only one colour,i want to use the rest money to buy my remaining baby things,no designing for now.maybe later in the future.Milk colour it is then.

Thnks ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummykyrti(f): 8:25am On Apr 07, 2017
ahnie:

I intends buying only one colour,i want to use the rest money to buy my remaining baby things,no designing for now.maybe later in the future.Milk colour it is then.

Thnks ma'am.
alright ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Chei. That hunger of a thing? Mine was worse. I went early for induction, was forming hero so I didn't eat from home. By the time they gave me castor oil eating no follow. 12 hours later emergency CS. And you can't eat after surgery. That's how nothing entered my mouth for 3 full days. My sister, when they finally allowed me drink water I was so excited!

Lol! As in!

Me, i got to the hospital at 4:00 am when my water broke.... couldnt eat anything till like 3:00 am the next morning because i was induced .... the hunger ehn.... was epic!
By the time i was allowed to eat, i was so tired i slept off with toast in my mouth. MIL kept waking me up to swallow and eat abit more. Lol! grin grin

Meanwhile when i was packing snacks my hubby was saying isnt that too much load.....

Only for me to see him eating the thing with reckless abandon at stupid oclock when hunger wan nearly kill am. Lol!

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:46am On Apr 07, 2017
ahnie:
Mamas blessed mornings to you guys.pls I hav one kain question to ask...why e bee say person no dey wear bra when giving birth?

And secondly pls your inputs z highly neededi want to paint my home tomorrow,I hav already given out money for the paints(personal project)but am not good with colour variants.curtains brown,chairs brown,pls which colour should I use on the wall.

For the bra question: you can wear one as long as it is comfortable enough. there is no rule against it. But.... by time the labour matter hook you... you wont know when or where you may fling the bra if it starts irritating you.

For the house colour: some one has suggested cream.
You can also do one wall as a feature in a different colour light green, light blue, torquoise, teal, orange, peach, all go with brown then just buy a few decorations that have that colour like throw pillows, vases, or rugs to tie it all in.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:06am On Apr 07, 2017
Chanbaby:
Mama pls lets torchlight this matter. My mum came for omugo and I'm more stressed now that she is around. First day she came she asked me to make eba for her to eat after and 2hrs she me to warm rice for her. I had to ask who they are doing omugo for if its her or me. She complain about everything and anything, how she cant cook in my kitchen cos is not so big as hers. .My dh works offshore so we dont talk often when he calls she will complain that I am on fone for too long. Knowing fully well that I dont work and my DH has spent alots of money for child birth abroad she will disturbing me for money Everybody knows I gave birth abroad courtesy of her. Now my husband is very upset saying I cant handle my mum. Just dont know what to do. She doesnt bath the baby cos she said she doesnt know her to bath baby so as early as 6:30am my neighbor will come and birth him. All she does is to wash his clothes. Was to take my son for drs appointment at 6pm she didnt return until 6pm and instisted she will make food to eat before going. Got there almost 8pm I couldnt see the Dr again cos I was in theatre a patient. She said she will be coming to take the child taking for weekend and I told her she will have to ask my DH for permission she said she will not ask for any permission. She said the baby will be dedicated at her church also. She is coming up with several weird things. I pray her coming doesnt destroy my marriage.

You can always ask her to leave if she cannot be reasoned with.

Tell her in plain terms,, you love her dearly, but ANY and EVERY decison regarding YOUR child(ren) will be made and agreed by both you and your husband....THE END!

For the dedication, tell her the decision ( hubby and yourself) is to wait till your hubby is around and that it will be done at your church.

Afterwards,, if she wants to do thanksgiving in her church, than you can indulge her and attend that day with the baby. If she lives out ofn state.... then tell her you will let her know the weekend you will be around and she can book the thanksgiving.

For appoitments and stuff, next time if you are driving get a carseat and go about your business.
If you are taking a taxi get a baby carrier. Strap up and hit the road.

When she gets home and find you have already gone, and thr door is locked, she should come and meet you at the hospital or she can wait at the neighbours. she will realise that lateness with you is a non- starter. She should prioritise her time well and not let you suffer for it.

Sorry i sound harsh but me i have zero tolerance for bullsh.t irrespective of who it is.. close family, friend or stranger.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 9:08am On Apr 07, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Where are you located?
Gd mrn ma'am, I reside in Ibadan.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 9:10am On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=keeki post=55334538]

I
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2017
niphmmy:

Gd mrn ma'am, I reside in Ibadan.

Thought you were in Abuja
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kingharzyz(m): 9:44am On Apr 07, 2017
Naomi14:
Oh good! Make una ask so you can have everything ready before her due date. The Lord is your strength.

yes I'll... heading there soon.
thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummykyrti(f): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2017
Chanbaby I was shocked you said your mother, had to go up and read it again after reading everything you wrote... My first thought is wow!! Next thought please don't allow anybody cause wahala in your home o, me I no sabi shout or counter someone but by my actions you would get a reply... She cannot bathe a baby? As how? Your mum is around and a neighbor has to bathe your baby? My dear don't even let her bother you bfre hbp (God forbid) would enter.

Next tym don't miss an appointment for anything, your baby is more important and needs regular checkup at this early stage, if anybody can't keep up, leave them..

As for dedication or anything concerning your baby, nobody has more right over your child than you, not even your husband, nobody helped u carry and birth the child. Do what you think is best and what actually is best for your baby....you cannot please everybody in this life..

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by crystalzoe: 10:18am On Apr 07, 2017
kemifemi:

Please, has anyone used this tab before?
I was told that if it remains high at my next appointment i would be scheduled for a c section at 37 weeks.

Cc giddyperson, naomi, jazzyjazz, graciouscharis
I was given diazepam during my pregnancy cos of bp ish too but mainly to put me to sleep.the main drug I was given for the bp was aldomet.
At 38 weeks my bp was 140/90 was induced the following day. During labour my bp kept fluctuating it got to 170/90 at a point.
Pls cooperate with ur gyna. It will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummykyrti(f): 10:33am On Apr 07, 2017
Mama nicoleswizzi is today ur pop? If yes congrats on your pop and thank God our baby girl was patient enough to wait for mummy to collect certificate first...congrats dearie, this is just a starting point.

And yes I remember say na bcs of pop you say make our b.a wait!! Dem dey share rice today ni?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Juwonesho(f): 10:37am On Apr 07, 2017
BritneyStacy:

Present twice Teamie. Second trimester already. Congrats ....chai...I easily loose count of how many weeks I am sef. Make I go calculate am. This particular journey for me erh....am sooooo careless about it. Make God help me sha make baby come out fine ooo.
#team October
longest time mama. Hws ur son? So we'r teamies this time smiley dnt beat urself up jare it's nt easy keeping up with pregnancy when u have a toddler. Unlike the first time that I Ws reading everything abt pregnancy n following foetal development week by week like say I wan write jamb grin but this one, for where? Lol When I neva graduate frm vigilante with my son cos of tea angry in fact since last week, I jst resumed taking my prenatals abt 2 days ago.....thank God I had been taking folic acid several months before I got pregnant. E no easy jare....but no how me I go forget how many weeks o maybe cos MS show me this time around contrary to my son's time that Ws easy peasy. In all sha, we'r moving n God shall see us through n make it easy inshaAllaah. Our babies wl come out fine by God's grace.....try n put mind small o teamie make LO no vex say big bro dey outshine am even though he had his own turn grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Juwonesho(f): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2017
ahnie:
Mamas blessed mornings to you guys.pls I hav one kain question to ask...[/b]why e bee say person no dey wear bra when giving birth?[b]

And secondly pls your inputs z highly neededi want to paint my home tomorrow,I hav already given out money for the paints(personal project)but am not good with colour variants.curtains brown,chairs brown,pls which colour should I use on the wall.
Lol mama Zino don come grin me I wear bra o. In fact I had everything on complete, except panties wey I remove when it was show time; my bra, blouse, skirt, even my hair net no comot na after delivery I removed everything to take my bath. My skirt wasn't that stained sef. I think it depends on how quick labour n delivery takes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 10:50am On Apr 07, 2017
@chanbaby, its unfortunate that ur mum not MIL will try to cause a rift in ur marriage .
Firstly the essence of omugwuo is for the new mum n baby to be taken care of throughout the omugwuo period, ur mum asking u to serve her is very weird.

Secondly, if she holds her grandchild and u in high esteem, she had no reason what so ever to make u miss ur appointment because of food. Pls this needs to be addressed so they won't be a next time.

Thirdly she has no right to take ur baby for weekends without ur husband's permission. If she doesn't knw how to seek permission n respect her inlaw, pls reach her, insist she seeks permission from hubby n ensure u get his approval b4 releasing his child. This doesn't mean u don't want her to have access to her grandchild, it means u respect ur crown n u submit to his decisions. Your husband is ur no 1 , others are secondary.

Lastly ur mum can only beg u n hubby to dedicate her grandchild in her church, and if u guys see reasons with her, u can agree, but if u are not used to her church, or if u both are workers in ur own church, u can always say no. Mama has no right to order or conclude on anything pertaining to ur baby pls.

And pls never forget this, if u allow it mum boss u around n there is a rift in ur marriage, she will not accommodate u, she will not take care of u or ur baby, she will remind u always that her home is not ur husband's home, so plsss let her boss any1 she likes in her own husband's house. You are in charge of ur home, and pls be firm with her, let her knw that u are married n u submit to ur hubby, if she doesn't like it, let her leave...the highest she will do is tell people u didn't let her stay in ur home, people will talk, n it will die down.

Pls try n talk to hubby, tell him u will take care of ur mum, n act upon it. May God help you handle this issue.
Its not easy...esp wen it involves ones mum.

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
Mama nicoleswizzi is today ur pop? If yes congrats on your pop and thank God our baby girl was patient enough to wait for mummy to collect certificate first...congrats dearie, this is just a starting point.

And yes I remember say na bcs of pop you say make our b.a wait!! Dem dey share rice today ni?
Lol that's true, our long awaited pop day is finally here. Congrats nicoleswizzi, join the parade gang so that baby can come later tonight grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2017
Talking of wierd pregnancy dreams

Abeg any Joseph in the house?
I dreamt that I harvested big snails.....(I knw they say dreaming abt harvesting snails means pregnancy) but I'm pregnant, so I don't get why I had this dream. The snails were so big and plenty that people who saw it exclaimed. Iol.

#TeamSeptember for no loss, sharpsharp delivery and complications free bumping period.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wholesomegrace: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

You can always ask her to leave if she cannot be reasoned with.

Tell her in plain terms,, you love her dearly, but ANY and EVERY decison regarding YOUR child(ren) will be made and agreed by both you and your husband....THE END!

For the dedication, tell her the decision ( hubby and yourself) is to wait till your hubby is around and that it will be done at your church.

Afterwards,, if she wants to do thanksgiving in her church, than you can indulge her and attend that day with the baby. If she lives out ofn state.... then tell her you will let her know the weekend you will be around and she can book the thanksgiving.

For appoitments and stuff, next time if you are driving get a carseat and go about your business.
If you are taking a taxi get a baby carrier. Strap up and hit the road.

When she gets home and find you have already gone, and thr door is locked, she should come and meet you at the hospital or she can wait at the neighbours. she will realise that lateness with you is a non- starter. She should prioritise her time well and not let you suffer for it.

Sorry i sound harsh but me i have zero tolerance for bullsh.t irrespective of who it is.. close family, friend or stranger.

Exactly my tots. Nobody bosses me around. It can't happen. This morning, i found out my mum had packed lo's bassinet away (she doesn't like it and always complains that the net is too tight for ventilation). I just told her to go and rearrange it back which she did b4 I left home. No quarrels, cos we still chatted wella b4 i left for work.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2017
nicoleswizzi:

Plz can u send me the supernatural delivery book tnx
nicoleswizzi@gmail.com
Sent
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tushmom: 11:44am On Apr 07, 2017
jazzyjazz,abeg help me with the soft copy of the supernatural childbirth too
Thanks Love
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by afagha(f): 11:52am On Apr 07, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:

He he he naija hospitals and their lists....

Personal items for new mum what i suggest based on what i used :

Nursing bra and breast pads

Your biggest grandmama pant..... you will not loose your bump immediately so you will still find that you may need a size up. Also they are better fitting than those disposable undies and they can be cheap enough for you to throw away if they get stained and you cant stress about washing them.

Light bath/ house robe, towel, showercap, toiletries. Perhaps even a small bowl to put your toiletries ( boarding school style) you never know the state of the bathroom and dont want to carry your fancy hook on toilet bag and find there is no where to hook it!

Old button down shirt.( old hubbys work shirts work great) you can button down to breast feed. Short enough that you can raise it up so you dont sit on it and stain it.

Pyjama bottoms. With drawstring waist if possible and in a dark colour.... dark coloured joggers also work well. May not be ideal for cs mums. Due to the elastic at waist.

Bed pads. And wraper.

Lay the bed pad on the bed or the chair so you can sit on it. If you bleed out, ot will catch the worst of it.
You can use the wraper over your legs if you are on a chair. Wear something short enough like botton down shirt as above that you can raise up and not sit on.
The reason is if you are stained and you have guests for instance the shirt can cover the pyjama bottoms or wrapper and your house / bathrobe can cover everything till you get to the bathroom.

Bathroom Slippers: very important for when you want to use the bathroom.

Dont forget your going home outfit and make up sef. Hospitals will not put that on your list and You may arrive the hospital at 3 am in wrapper and singlet... but you dont want to be discharged looking like a mad woman. #hotsexymama# # lets-make-labour-look-like-a-walk-in-the-park#

Lol!

Modified: forgot to add

going home shoes!

You will deck up finish and realise you only have dunlop slippers.

some snacks and energy drinks like lucozade and isotonic drinks and water with you. And also take a few bendy straws!!!!

The reason is, what ever position you find yourself during labour it is by far easier to drink from a straw than having to navigate a cup or a bottle without pouring water on yourself. Also most people including husbands forget to eat during the labour process.... then when the child is born, everyone suddenly realises that its 2:00 in the mornimg and the last time you ate anything was at 15:00 the previous day,. You will almost eat the door handle by the time the hunger embraces you!

thank you. saving for future reference
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 11:56am On Apr 07, 2017
peggygee:

I dreamt that I harvested big snails.....(I knw they say dreaming abt harvesting snails means pregnancy) but I'm pregnant, so I don't get why I had this dream. The snails were so big and plenty that people who saw it exclaimed. Iol.

#TeamSeptember for no loss, sharpsharp delivery and complications free bumping period.
Triplet lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
peggygee:

Maybe you are going to have surprise multiples..... that they did not see on the scans... lol grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2017
i4eva:
Please I would really appreciate it if you could give me an idea of the overall sum you think I would be likely to spend there. Sorry for the bother but I just want to have an idea.

No idea ma,i no abt QueensWay hospital only.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spiceeamiee(f): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2017
Good morning everyone. I swear I'm not a bearer of bad news, i'm not. Hubby traveled so I was home alone last night. Next thing I knew, my thoughts started gravitating towards stories I had heard of people who died in child birth. I tried so had to push the thoughts away and I read my bible and slept off. This morning, I was browsing through Bellanaija and saw the story of a Yoruba actress that died in childbirth. I quickly shut down the page and opened Nairaland only for the first story my eyes could see was the woman who died in child birth at FMC Asaba and now my whole body is shaking like that of a jellyfish.

I confess with my whole heart today that supernatural birth is the portion of everyone here. Just as we have heard several BAs without loss, so shall it continue. The devil and his cohorts will not triumph over us In Jesus name. Amen

19 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2017
Kingharzyz:

send your bank account details to harzyz99@gmail.com with proves, Am also a poor man but the best time to give is when you don't have much also.
cheers.

Gd aft sir,I replied ur msg by sending u a mail. I hope u got it. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by niphmmy(f): 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
gdfh
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amen ooooo, but two first sis.... Abeg we dey recession oooo

Roseey0:

Triplet lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amen ooooo, I will be so happy ehn....twinsssss So be it IJN Amen

AlphaHandMaiden:

Maybe you are going to have surprise multiples..... that they did not see on the scans... lol grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2017
Amen, feed ur fears with the word of God sis.... We shall all birth our young ones without any issues like our own mum birthed us IJN. Read Jeremiah 1, vs 1, 18 n 19. Our God has not given us the spirit of fear, rebuke that evil thoughts n it will flee away from u

spiceeamiee:
Good morning everyone. I swear I'm not a bearer of bad news, i'm not. Hubby traveled so I was home alone last night. Next thing I knew, my thoughts started gravitating towards stories I had heard of people who died in child birth. I tried so had to push the thoughts away and I read my bible and slept off. This morning, I was browsing through Bellanaija and saw the story of a Yoruba actress that died in childbirth. I quickly shut down the page and opened Nairaland only for the first story my eyes could see was the woman who died in child birth at FMC Asaba and now my whole body is shaking like that of a jellyfish.

I confess with my whole heart today that supernatural birth is the portion of everyone here. Just as we have heard several BAs without loss, so shall it continue. The devil and his cohorts will not triumph over us In Jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 12:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
niphmmy:
Good aft mamas, pls for Gods sake, assist me, its not my wish to beg, but I just have to considering my present situation. God will replenish u all. U will not turn beggars too. Assist me in d name of God. pls.
My ordeal is in my previous post. Thanks so much. God bless you

I really want to help with some clothes that my son has outgrown (it's unisex clothes) but you're in Ibadan and I'm not financially strong to waybill them to you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: butterfly55(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.