Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8196427 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 8:16pm On Apr 14, 2017
tutucious:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

“Every good & perfect gift is from above…” James 1:17

Filling our arms with love & our hearts with joy, we proudly announce the birth our Perfect Gift (Son).
Arrived 1:05pm, April 14th 2017
Weight: 3.7kg via CS.

BS later

Cc Giddyperson

Congrats ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 8:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
Hi mamas, I'm 7+2 weeks today. Luckily no ms yet and I have been eating well but I have a funny question to ask... what kind of food did you mamas that have past your first trimester eat? Or mamas still in their first trimester what kind of food are you eating? I am in the U.K. And its either you can't eat this, you can't eat that blah blah... most of the foods I like are said to be not healthy for the baby ayam tired lol. What can I eat? Most times I want to eat out but scared so I don't eat anything that will harm the baby. What exactly can I eat Biko?? Google isn't helping cheesy Also I haven't been to the doctor yet because my appt is next month May 2 and that would be 9+6 weeks, being that its my first time I can't be seen earlier , some people don't even get seen till 12 weeks so I'm lucky. I'm only taking folic acid just now, what type of prenatal vitamins can I buy just now or should I wait till my appt and ask the doctor to prescribe?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
nikkishola:

Thanks Cappo moi, I think I will go and buy fansider, but can I still use it now @ 36weeks
Nne biko kwa, you shouldn't self medicate during pregnancy. Only your Ob/Gyn should be able to prescribe your medications.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
Laureen007:
Hi mamas, I'm 7+2 weeks today. Luckily no ms yet and I have been eating well but I have a funny question to ask... what kind of food did you mamas that have past your first trimester eat? Or mamas still in their first trimester what kind of food are you eating? I am in the U.K. And its either you can't eat this, you can't eat that blah blah... most of the foods I like are said to be not healthy for the baby ayam tired lol. What can I eat? Most times I want to eat out but scared so I don't eat anything that will harm the baby. What exactly can I eat Biko?? Google isn't helping cheesy Also I haven't been to the doctor yet because my appt is next month May 2 and that would be 9+6 weeks, being that its my first time I can't be seen earlier , some people don't even get seen till 12 weeks so I'm lucky. I'm only taking folic acid just now, what type of prenatal vitamins can I buy just now or should I wait till my appt and ask the doctor to prescribe?

congratulations ma
so lucky you are having no ms
I had it till I reached second semester but while in first semester I could only take yogurt, rice, chicken, a lot of water and fruits, they were life saver... I am in Nigeria though, I also took a lot of draw soup like plenty ewedu with amala plus chicken , eba and ogbono soup with dry fish... I hope it helps

other sabi mama go chook mouth...

Sansa143 where art though?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by i4eva: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Giddyperson:

That's one of the things I haven't tried yet. For like close to two months now, I just gave up, too much headache with stomach everywhere cheesy
Oh dear, sorry to hear that but you really should give it a try that of course is if you can manage to work up the feeling cool
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
@Naomi14

cappo and other mama abeg come to my aid o
The body pains I have no be here ooo
I am 37weeks gone already and cervix is still closed

what can I use to induce labor cos I am tired of the body pains, my joints, waist, ankle, hips are aching badly, my feets are so swollen that it hurts when I walk, I am tired of swallowing paracetamol, doctors keep telling me to endure...

I am just tired! ha cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
i4eva:
Based on personal experience, orgasm is the fastest way to induce labour. I don't know about anyone else but it worked for me. So, you could try putting your D.H to work on that and see how it goes.

Orgasm as how? Mama do you mean have sex like 7times a day. Thank God there's long holiday, that should be easier to achieve
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkishola: 9:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
i4eva:
Nne biko kwa, you shouldn't self medicate during pregnancy. Only your Ob/Gyn should be able to prescribe your medications.
Alright then, thank u so much for ur concern kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suzy(f): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
tutucious:
BA! BA!! BA!!!

“Every good & perfect gift is from above…” James 1:17

Filling our arms with love & our hearts with joy, we proudly announce the birth our Perfect Gift (Son).
Arrived 1:05pm, April 14th 2017
Weight: 3.7kg via CS.

BS later

Cc Giddyperson

fats my bday mate. congrats dear

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
Had a great evening today at the encounter (hicc) gbagada who else attend this program it was so powerful felt the power of God my testimony is loading.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 10:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
nikkishola:

Thanks much for explaining, but I am using maternity (redeem) the midwife said I don't need to use since I don't feel it, that's why my husband said he doesn't want 'doctor Jesus kind of person' and the second hospital that am using is far. Can I still use it @ 36 weeks
my dear sister don't worry ursef much, if ur doctor did not give u malaria drugs please don't go and buy and take it ooo bcus someone used it and u fill u can some malaria drugs are harsh ooo what worked for one mama might not work for another if ur midwife says u don't need pls take heed she's d one that's tending to u and knows ur body type.. a friend of mine lost her 1st baby to malaria drugs at 8months dunno which one she was given she complained of headache at general hospital gbagada and the doc gave her malaria drugs immediately she took it she fainted for hours eventually lost her baby the malaria drugs pieces d baby in her womb, When my doc gave me maldox for anti malaria at 2nd semester my mind didn't use at 1st bcus I was scared but summoned d courage and prayed to God guess what immediately I swallowed d pills I threw up every gadamn pills pata pata. Since I didn't take any malaria pills ooo..so once again don't do self medication ooo if ur doc or midwife gives u fine if not don't stress about it

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
nikkishola:

Thanks Cappo moi, I think I will go and buy fansider, but can I still use it now @ 36weeks
Dont do self medication oooo..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by poshestmina(f): 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
dharyor1234:

Orgasm as how? Mama do you mean have sex like 7times a day. Thank God there's long holiday, that should be easier to achieve
7 times a day kwa? you want kill guy man ?mama easy oh cheesy
dharyor1234:

7 times a day kwa? you want kill guy man ?mama easy oh

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
Naomi14:
Thanks ma'am! Have been worried since yesterday sef. How is baby samantha? Hope she is fine now? God bless your Fam! Please come and finish your BS grin
she's doing fine tnx, we will go for final checkup tomorrow
I will lol by Gods grace tomorrow unfailingly

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lotannad: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2017
i dont think it is compulsory to use malaria drug esp if u r doing so great without and is not malaria prone ordinarily.i never used for my 1st pregnancy and even now,i hvnt used.i get cold easily&at a point during ds pregnancy,my mum was even saying i shd treat malaria&ask for drug in d clinic.i simply told her it is my nature coz i get cold easily ordinarily.i think d key is understanding ur nature! i am not malaria prone&dont stay around mosquitoes sha!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Laureen007: 12:12am On Apr 15, 2017
opejulie10:

congratulations ma
so lucky you are having no ms
I had it till I reached second semester but while in first semester I could only take yogurt, rice, chicken, a lot of water and fruits, they were life saver... I am in Nigeria though, I also took a lot of draw soup like plenty ewedu with amala plus chicken , eba and ogbono soup with dry fish... I hope it helps

other sabi mama go chook mouth...

Sansa143 where art though?
thank you... I have been eating okra soup, chicken and lol and I'm tired of eating them lol. I have also been eating a lot of eggs which is now tasting funny lol. I'll try yoghurt now but then again only specific yoghurt I have read is ok sad
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zimunachimdi: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2017
i4eva:
Yes dear, a doctor certainly can. Infact, he can perform the sweep several times before your L.O decides to come out. Mine was twice and baby came out hours later. Wish you a smooth delivery.

thanks ma...i don born since ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 2:06am On Apr 15, 2017
Laureen007:
thank you... I have been eating okra soup, chicken and lol and I'm tired of eating them lol. I have also been eating a lot of eggs which is now tasting funny lol. I'll try yoghurt now but then again only specific yoghurt I have read is ok sad

I took Hollandia yogurt and also plain yogurt
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Try doggie style, you won't feel your belly everywhere. grin
Giddyperson:

That's one of the things I haven't tried yet. For like close to two months now, I just gave up, too much headache with stomach everywhere cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Don't go and be inducing anything. Just a little while longer, May is already here. Just have sex, heard the prostaglandin in sperm helps soften the cervix but it doesn't get you into labour because of the quantity I guess. Then eat pineapple, dates, Zobo moderately it will help prepare you. Then walking also helps but since you have swollen feet, you are supposed to stay off your feet to help with the swells. While laying put pillow underneath your feet and while sitting place your feet on a stool to help raise the legs. Sorry eh! Dont worry God gat us! kiss
opejulie10:
@Naomi14

cappo and other mama abeg come to my aid o
The body pains I have no be here ooo
I am 37weeks gone already and cervix is still closed

what can I use to induce labor cos I am tired of the body pains, my joints, waist, ankle, hips are aching badly, my feets are so swollen that it hurts when I walk, I am tired of swallowing paracetamol, doctors keep telling me to endure...

I am just tired! ha cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 15, 2017
Don't go and buy o! Unless your Doctor gives you. Self-medication is not good.
nikkishola:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 7:10am On Apr 15, 2017
Baby is just relaxed and chilling. No single sign of labour apart from the cramps I get when I drink Zobo. Yesterday's scan she weighed 3.9kg cheesy. I'm done walking or climbing stairs. Induction date booked for 20th.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Giddyperson post=55581205]Baby is just relaxed

dont worry baby will come when baby is ready to come. They say its +/- 2 weeks but some come bang on their due dates and some even bf. When it starts getting to/past 42weeks thats when u r offiially postterm.

You are in my prayers (for some reason your moniker keeps popping in my head) same as your twinnie.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SisiNini(f): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2017
Giddyperson:
Baby is just relaxed and chilling. No single sign of labour apart from the cramps I get when I drink Zobo. Yesterday's scan she weighed 3.9kg cheesy. I'm done walking or climbing stairs. Induction date booked for 20th.

Kpekus well, it works... That was the only thing recommended by my Docs during my 40th week ante-natal... Did the doo and saw my mucus plug the following morning... Baby came 40w3days... Tho, kpekus at this time is not easy but just try... Save the energy for walking and climbing stairs for the real deal, those things made my baby more comfortable then...

Another thing is that you might be having painless contraction... It deceived me too... While in the L & D, I did not have painful contractions until labour was augmented... Check more these signs... #e-hugs

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Gud morning mamas.....Congratulations to all April mama who don't born and safe and easy delivery to the remaining one.

Am kind of worried this morning, I decided to kpekus with leboo yesternight after putting him on hold for 7wks,no pain or cramps after but I woke up dis morning I come dey use torchlight find MS, hubby said maybe dey are already disappearing but am worried make I never hurt my baby am 12wks5days. Though no pain,cramp or spotting but I just needed something to assure me lil bean is OK....I called my gynea the man said until Tuesday won go do scan hubby said no way.....Chai am just here praying for vomiting to show face.

The fact that there is no morning sickness doesnt mean u are no longer pregnant. Stopping looking for what is not looking for u again. I kpekus from 7weeks that I knew I was pregnant till 31weeks when I had to travel and my baby is very ok. So all is well.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fattamyfattamy: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2017
Good morning mama's,pls i av a few questions.firstly,my baby's eye is somehow yellow nd its not clear but his healthy what can i do?
Secondly,those that did ring circumcision for their male children is dr anytging im suppose to do?
I noticed like a white puslike thing around his penis, do i need to be worried? Mamas pls help me.
Jazzyjazz
aunty zaynie
And other mamas pls.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:05am On Apr 15, 2017
Chanbaby:

The fact that there is no morning sickness doesnt mean u are no longer pregnant. Stopping looking for what is not looking for u again. I kpekus from 7weeks that I knew I was pregnant till 31weeks when I had to travel and my baby is very ok. So all is well.
Thanks so much ma'am....anxiety na bastard and I blame it all on my ttc journey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mooretes: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2017
[quote author=Fattamyfattamy post=55583963]

pls go to hosp asap. it might be jaundice esp since he is only a few days old

with d circumcision, it might be infected so please again go to hospital

if in doubt at any point in time go c a doctor

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
Gud morning mamas.....Congratulations to all April mama who don't born and safe and easy delivery to the remaining one.

Am kind of worried this morning, I decided to kpekus with leboo yesternight after putting him on hold for 7wks,no pain or cramps after but I woke up dis morning I come dey use torchlight find MS, hubby said maybe dey are already disappearing but am worried make I never hurt my baby am 12wks5days. Though no pain,cramp or spotting but I just needed something to assure me lil bean is OK....I called my gynea the man said until Tuesday won go do scan hubby said no way.....Chai am just here praying for vomiting to show face.
hey see this mama cheesy cheesy please relax nothing is wrong.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Fattamyfattamy:
Good morning mama's,pls i av a few questions.firstly,my baby's eye is somehow yellow nd its not clear but his healthy what can i do?
Secondly,those that did ring circumcision for their male children is dr anytging im suppose to do?
I noticed like a white puslike thing around his penis, do i need to be worried? Mamas pls help me.
Jazzyjazz
aunty zaynie
And other mamas pls.
I feel you should go straight to the hospital. Let them see and be the ones to tell you what to do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2017
ebonychic18:
hey see this mama cheesy cheesy please relax nothing is wrong.
Teamie no mind me jawe....D MS don hold me now na me come dey beg make e free me,hubby just dey give me 1 wicked smile telling me I don see wetin I dey find..... Planning to go register ANC today sha for one Catholic hospital ard me but will also use govt hospital join cos I plan to deliver for govt hospital.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2970) (2971) (2972) (2973) (2974) (2975) (2976) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.