Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,470 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8263705 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Good morning mothers...how are you and the LOs?

Pls, I have got exams to write dis week and next...and it's like my baby ain't cooperating at all...been having headache,symptoms of fever..and to crown it all,painful and frequent contractions,sometimes I purge too...am still in bed now,havent moved a bit since Dh left for work

I know there are some of us that coped with exams and pregnancy..pls how do I do it? Both the exam and the baby means a lot to me..

I can't tel my dh al ds cos if I do,I am automaticaly grounded and I can't afford to wait till next year to write the exams again..

Pls,any suggestion will do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hernyolar:

Pls, I have got exams to write dis week and next...and it's like my baby ain't cooperating at all...been having headache,symptoms of fever..and to crown it all,painful and frequent contractions,sometimes I purge too...am still in bed now,havent moved a bit since Dh left for work

I know there are some of us that coped with exams and pregnancy..pls how do I do it? Both the exam and the baby means a lot to me..

I can't tel my dh al ds cos if I do,I am automaticaly grounded and I can't afford to wait till next year to write the exams again..

Take ur mind off the pregnancy symptoms, I know it's easier said than done but applying the mind power is key here. For this 2 weeks, let ur mind tell ur body it is not pregnant.
Also, take it easy with ur books, read more during those infrequent periods you feel strong. Rest if you must, sleep if you will but continually tell urself you will write this exam and pass. It's more of a mind thing I believe.

Wishing you success.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
lovinam:
Hi dear, I don't know the quality of stuff you want to buy, just know that u need nothing less than 100k if this is your first baby. Babycot is good but if u can't afford it u forget about it. When buying cot make sure u don't bjuy the plastic ones. Go for wood. I've had mine for 7yrs and still in perfect conditionm.
Thanks mummy, I am actually a first time mum. I was also thinking in the line of 100k too. I even doubt it would be ok considering car seat and the rest of them. Hubby likes baby cot but I think it a waste of money cos most babies don't like staying inside. Abi mamas wetin make I do?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

Thanks mummy, I am actually a first time mum. I was also thinking in the line of 100k too. I even doubt it would be ok considering car seat and the rest of them. Hubby likes baby cot but I think it a waste of money cos most babies don't like staying inside. Abi mamas wetin make I do?

Waste of money and they occupy space.. mine bn there since, forced my baby to sleep in it for a while during d first few weeks of life during d day,avoid it if u can. #mytot#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
lioha:
In the hospital I met a lady who told me she has had such case(with blood) since she was 16 weeks and now she is 37 weeks presently been induced. That gave me a lot of hope and am determined to fight to the end.

There you go, don't give up! Are you in Festac, sometimes I'm there, perhaps I can come cheer you up in the hospital?

Why don't we do that sometimes, for mums that may need some emotional support, if they're close to your area, a visit should be fun.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 1:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Onegai:

There you go, don't give up! Are you in Festac, sometimes I'm there, perhaps I can come cheer you up in the hospital?

Why don't we do that sometimes, for mums that may need some emotional support, if they're close to your area, a visit should be fun.

Gud one.. tanx@ onegai, u r a darling. Any one Ard ketu/ojota axis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

Please get a baby cot. Babies can sleep in them from the get-go, if you put them inside and not make a habit out of carrying them to sleep elsewhere. And a lot of people in Nigeria will not tell you how many of their babies died from suffocation/SDS and others, they will say "my enemy from the village". I know at least one child death, the others I heard from my sis and her hubby (both con, pedatricians). You can have the cot in the room, but babies can sleep in cots, it's upto you. And get a wooden one with small spaces between the bars, so they can't shove their heads in-between. Babies can roll over and smother themselves, which is why swaddling after 8 weeks isn't recommended, imagine your LO on his/her face all night long, in between you and your hubby, in Nigerian heat. Even my mum (who's elderly) said parents in those days gave sleeping distance between themselves and their newborns/babies.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

Try using a travel cot instead, but you will have to get a proper cot mattress to place inside. It doesn't cost as much and can be folded up when your baby moves to a toddler bed.

For newborns, you can get a good Moses basket or a travel cot with a raised base for newborns and remove it when your baby starts sitting up.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hernyolar:

There may be other comments, but i think you should do what seems irrelevant to most women: Talk To Your Baby!!

Oga is out, now is the best time to commune with ur child alone: let LO know u need to write dis exam. It will work. For other pains, take other medical advice from our nurses here.

Stay blessed. H
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
Yes am in festac

Onegai:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
kaffy4bill:

What prompted d repeat scan, abortion/death of a twin is possible but doesn't happen alwaz.. cld b an hormonal issue/congenital abnormality. A repeat scan is advised frm a sound sonologist... trust God it's well wit u
amen d repeat scan was an advice given after d first one...I was told to repeat scan after 4 weeks and I also complained of seeing blood someweeks ago...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pelupelu:
amen d repeat scan was an advice given after d first one...I was told to repeat scan after 4 weeks and I also complained of seeing blood someweeks ago...

Was there any clot wen u saw d blood.. even @ dat, relax ur mind and pls have a repeat scan frm a sound sonologist. Wateva d outcome, God wil kip u and d baby/babies safe
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
lioha:
Yes am in festac

What hospital, dear?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

100k na d least u should collect. My babies slept in their cot till they got to 2 yrs. Its adjustable. Put baby in cot from day 1 and be consistent.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 2:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

Infact if you want to buy quality 100k na just intro. I got a dream on me 3 in 1 baby crib. Its wooden. Can b converted to a daytime bed and a twin sized bed. So even at 8 years child can use it. I intend to start frm day one cos I dont want baby sleeping with me and hubby on the same bed o. I got it at simply infants. Its more expensive on jumia nd konga.
Infact 100k will not go anywhere o. How much is baby bath, wardrobe, cot, rocker, car seat, carrier etc. Clothes nko ah. My advice just be buying small small. Also involve hubby. Sometimes de dont understand how expensive things are until they follow to shop.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tallgirlslim: 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mamas in the house, please I need your advice. I've been considering a USA birth.

Please any ideas? Pros and cons, cost etc. I'm a bit confused because even my mum said it's a good idea but no has given me a concrete reason why I shouldnt just stay here and deliver. Or why that option is better.

Is the only advantage US citizenship for the baby or is there anything else.

Please advise me o. I need to decide as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pelupelu: 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Was there any clot wen u saw d blood.. even @ dat, relax ur mind and pls have a repeat scan frm a sound sonologist. Wateva d outcome, God wil kip u and d baby/babies safe
yes there was clot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thanks a lot mamas, I am indeed learning things here o. I am also not a fan of sleeping on the same bed with LO cos one has to be careful... Trust me I will involve hubby in the purchase ooo so that he will know how expensive those things can be! I will start purchasing little by little to avoid bin choked up... May God help us all ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
@clinik, AP golden is 1300 for a pack of 40 or so. nt sure of d price of tenders. someone mentioned sunfree, i ve used it and its gud, its 1300 too. toujour in my area is 1900. just mk up ur mind on one sha. I ll advice u dont buy soo much to start wt.(i got plenty diapers as gift dat lasted for months, u may b favored too). wt tym, u ll also gain ur own xperience on d diff diapers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Tallgirlslim:
Mamas in the house, please I need your advice. I've been considering a USA birth.

Please any ideas? Pros and cons, cost etc. I'm a bit confused because even my mum said it's a good idea but no has given me a concrete reason why I shouldnt just stay here and deliver. Or why that option is better.

Thank you.
I think dats d only advantage; US citizenship, nothing else

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
@ifefunmi, wotever amt u hv will b ok. just cut ur coat according to ur cloth.lol. Buy within ur budget, u ll still buy some things later as baby things no dey finish for market. Dont buy anything u dont need. If u re buying most things at once frm one shop, there s a tendency dat d seller ll want to cheat u(as u b first tym mum).So if possible hv an idea of d prices. u musnt buy frm one shop. tk ur tym wen u go to buy, dont b in a hurry. wishing u d best.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by phunmielomo(f): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
ifefunmi:

the last time my baby slept in her cot was on d day of naming ceremony.it is occupying space in my aos now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@ifefunmi, wotever amt u hv will b ok. just cut ur coat according to ur cloth.lol. Buy within ur budget, u ll still buy some things later as baby things no dey finish for market. Dont buy anything u dont need. If u re buying most things at once frm one shop, there s a tendency dat d seller ll want to cheat u(as u b first tym mum).So if possible hv an idea of d prices. u musnt buy frm one shop. tk ur tym wen u go to buy, dont b in a hurry. wishing u d best.
Thanks my sis,I intend to go with mum cos I know she can price things wella but I am already doing price research. I guess some things can wait like walker cos the baby won't use it until he is like 7 months or so. At least I can get all the necessities now and get the rest later.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
On top one baby! Lol. You try! U get plenty space na
mytestimony:

Infact if you want to buy quality 100k na just intro. I got a dream on me 3 in 1 baby crib. Its wooden. Can b converted to a daytime bed and a twin sized bed. So even at 8 years child can use it. I intend to start frm day one cos I dont want baby sleeping with me and hubby on the same bed o. I got it at simply infants. Its more expensive on jumia nd konga.
Infact 100k will not go anywhere o. How much is baby bath, wardrobe, cot, rocker, car seat, carrier etc. Clothes nko ah. My advice just be buying small small. Also involve hubby. Sometimes de dont understand how expensive things are until they follow to shop.
Tallgirlslim:
Thank you.
its the citizenship and all the entitlements that come with it. Plan well before you make d trip

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
Na plastic one? The wooden type can be dismantled na
phunmielomo:

the last time my baby slept in her cot was on d day of naming ceremony.it is occupying space in my aos now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hi
I got my bfp after 42 months of ttc.i am now 35 days from the first day of my LMP.Hope am welcome in to the thread?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifefunmi: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Deezou:
Hi
I got my bfp after 42 months of ttc.i am now 35 days from the first day of my LMP.Hope am welcome in to the thread?
Congratulations dear, and a warm welcome to you... Wish u a smooth 9 months ride
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Deezou:
Hi

U r most welcome dearest sister, felt like screaming wit joy. Allah wil preserve the baby for u In shaa Allah. Welcome on board,we all love u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=Tallgirlslim post=29725610]Mamas in the house, please I need your advice. I've been considering a USA birth.

No much idea but seriously think it's all abt the citizenship and entitlement. There r gud hosps here too dat manage maternal and child health relatively well(preg, labour and delivery). Just tink well b4 making d decision, all the best sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JUMAYIN(f): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
hello preggy mommas...I got my bfp after monthssss of TTC I am 34 days from last LMP...I guess Deezou is my preggy buddie

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
@Lovinam I am actually turning one room into a nursery. Even if I spend millions walahi my jewel deserves it and even more.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
@Deezou and jumayin so happy to have you around. May we all carry to term. Was waiting for you to port to this thread since morning. Enjoy your stay

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.