Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8132263 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 5:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
na so they began to gist, refused to bring another pan after after the second one has thoroughly scolded me for vomiting on the floor the first time.

I begged,pleaded, called and for wia. I finally walked out of the room and into the office where they were sat and beckoned the first one amidst tears to please come. she now stood and told me they needed to break my water to hasten things up. for my mind, I said so you fit do this kain things before.

she broke it and said I should come to delivery room. without help ooo, just shifted back and was watching me both of them. I struggled up and climbed the delivery table and was there for about thirty minutes.

finally, I felt the urge to push. all this while, they stood back gisting to themselves and didnt tell me anything. I began to push, I pushed for wia.

na when I began to make one mooing noise like a cow that they stopped their loud gist and came to see. she shoved her whole fist into me and by then the only thing on my mind was"wetin remain for me to see for here" she now said, this head is too big oo.

I ignored her and continued pushing, I could feel the head coming down and removed my hands from my ankles to my bum na so the nurse hit me, comon remove hand from there. I turned and lifted a hand to her to say no vex u here and she moved back sharply and said ,don't touch me with your dirty hands, I would have loved ti say that I gave her a befitting reply but I didn't. I turned and asked her what did you say and she repeated it and said "is that not the hand you were using to touch your bum, please don't touch me with it"

I am the non confrontational type, hate quarrels and would rather enter a hole than confronting someone but I felt those words into the depths of my soul. her harshness and lack of compassion wounded me and I felt so alone. I am crying again as I type this and even the other nurse felt bad. I was just following her around with my eyes all around the room. this first nurse now gave me a tear and the head popped out and the body followed immediately.

that was around 3.15am Saturday morning. long story short, she sewed me up and that was that.

I went to general hospital cos I had my last baby there and they were wonderful but this birth has shown me that an organization is good depends not on the building or structure in place but on the personnel running the place.

at the end, I went home with my Angel baby girl and she is the greatest gift of all. Please thank God with me mothers.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
FexCathy:
Good evening my people. May God see all of us through this journey. Please I have 2 questions to ask. 1. Am currently 6 weeks gone and need to travel to Lagos from Warri to write a job test. Can I make this journey by road? 2. Is there anything i can take or be eating to reduce nausea? I am always nauseous without actually vomitting. If vomit manage come out na only large amounts of spit but food or anything dosent settle well with me without having that contant feeling of throwing up. Thank you in advance for your answers.
you can (I did) but try to get water and light foods/snacks in your bag and other things that can help you manage the nausea.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
ToyosiR:
Hi all.

How are we doing?

Big congratulation to the newly dropping mama. Wishing all other july Mamas safe delivery.

Damsel21, I am really happy for you. May God clean both your hidden and visible tears.

I cant wait to see this July go to an end. I don't even know why It is so slow and sluggish.

Yesterday midnight, i have a serious braxton hicks that i thought it was labour.

I started purging since midnight till this morning too but after 0RS water this morning, it subdued.

I am just begging this lovely jewel to hold on till next month ooooo.

#TeamAugust, Hope we are warming up.
July is slow? Abeg go to Russia

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 6:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
Both July and August should just get away and let September come in. *sobs*. I can barely walk. My waist is broken(that's how I feel). The pain is unbearable.
I can't even lie down comfortably... My whole body aches. Lemme cry abeg cry cry cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
Queenhecate your bs reads like a horror story, jeez. And that nurse actually went to school, as if wiping bum is not part of her job. God forbid anything that would take me to give birth in general hospital

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abiagirl777(f): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
lululuv:

Just 12days, you are lucky. As in nothing comes out of Vjay again. Your own body system is gud

sometimes it depends on how thorough you were cleaned inside.some nurses really take their time to mop it up real good do the lochia afterwards won't last long b4 it stops.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 6:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
I was telling my husband that I was done. completely done with childbirth,he dey look me side eye. am very very very serious.

but and a big BUT, I fell again, the first cash he is gonna give me na epidural money. straight!!

I can't go and come and die biko.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by perfectcrown(f): 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
MoyosBlog123:
Both July and August should just get away and let September come in. *sobs*. I can barely walk. My waist is broken(that's how I feel). The pain is unbearable.
I can't even lie down comfortably... My whole body aches. Lemme cry abeg cry cry cry cry

Lol.
Dont worry,it will soon be here and then u will start enjoying the almighty V-I-G-I-L-A-N-T-E!!!

Pele.

It will surely end in Praise!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
queenhecate:
I was telling my husband that I was done. completely done with childbirth,he dey look me side eye. am very very very serious.

but and a big BUT, I fell again, the first cash he is gonna give me na epidural money. straight!!

Thank God it ended well. But I seriously feel you should report the idiotic nurse. Na rubbish be that na

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciouscharis: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
queenhecate:

I'm so sorry for what happened. I'm like, a slap on that witch face would do. What kind of wickedness is this?
I just have to respond, I know I'm still owing BS but no time to type long epistle. Maybe I'll adopt this your mtd.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
lady25:

Thank God it ended well. But I seriously feel you should report the idiotic nurse. Na rubbish be that na
I was told of a woman who was slapped by a nurse during Delivery. The woman after delivery and being discharged, came back and slapped the same nurse.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
beyedew:
Prettyhurts
It is well with you sis. May God give you double for your trouble (if you wish to have double).

Damsel21- big squishy hug to you.

FexCathy- for the nauseous part, get orbit gum or throw bitter kola into ur mouth and be nibbling on it little by little. For the journey, I don't really know, sabi mamas are on the way to properly guide you.

To every person here, both mamas and papas, please let's try to be sensitive to people's plight, your kind or harsh word can make or mar a person/decision. Remember, we are one big family.
Na the love wey I dey feel here make me no mind Oga when him no do withdrawal method that particular day. Please don't tell him.
@ beyedew, tanks dear. Will try them out.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bomgirl:
FexCathy, I travelled from Lagos to Abuja by road when I was 5 weeks. I only wore seatbelt even though I sat on the second row to prevent Movements.

Prettyhurts, i'm so sorry. Stay strong. embarassed embarassed kiss kiss
@ Bomgirl, u strong o! Lag to Abj! Am encouraged now jare. Na just d nausea fear me pass.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
FexCathy:
Good evening my people. May God see all of us through this journey. Please I have 2 questions to ask. 1. Am currently 6 weeks gone and need to travel to Lagos from Warri to write a job test. Can I make this journey by road? 2. Is there anything i can take or be eating to reduce nausea? I am always nauseous without actually vomitting. If vomit manage come out na only large amounts of spit but food or anything dosent settle well with me without having that contant feeling of throwing up. Thank you in advance for your answers.

The answer lies within u tho. If u feel u can handle the job test and interview ish, then u shd go ahead. If u gat the fund to travel by air, do so in order to avoid the bumpy rides and inconveniences involved traveling via road. Hope d job is worth the stress tho? So dt u won't start thinking of resigning few months after all d travel wahala.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Chijiuche:

Sis, You can do that comfortably... In this pregnancy, I drove from Lagos to my hubby 's villa in East at 6 weeks not knowing I was pregnant. I was in the villa and tested and it was positive...Since i was not having MS, i drove myself back after three days...I am currently 15 weeks gone and baby is hale and hearty. The former ones we judiciously monitored and hubby even employed a driver to be driving me to work never stayed... My take is that any baby that wants to stay will stay no matter what - But that does not means you go wake up dey carry lift sha ooo.
My dear, u r so right o! Na d one Wey wan stay go stay against all odds. Am ready for this journey now. U av all strengthen me. Thank u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
So sorry abt your birth experience@queenhecate.

And to that supposedly pregnant 'MR' that shut Mrs damsel21 loosely up,you dey try o.E bi like say you don appoint your self as our publicist a.k.a mouthpiece abi?
Please go take tutorials from prouddad38....i 8 men that blab too much.look how he was even warning the lady.

Once again CIA to mummyjj n the rest of the ATC sisters.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
forzarush:
you can (I did) but try to get water and light foods/snacks in your bag and other things that can help you manage the nausea.
Thank u dear. Will do so Co's I don't even want to be d one everybody will be staring at.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Still a bit weak but better than before dear, I know another one will come and stay. Hope my son is good and please your chi have not left you.

Bomgirl & katchycouture I'm good ma.

Strong woman, u r always in our prayers. Motherhood is not a race my sister. U must surely come back here with double as I said earlier cos we all join our faith with urs. Keep holding on to Jehovah's promises even wen u feel bleak sometimes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennykoko3009(f): 8:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
queenhecate thank God it ended in praise. Bt babe u really tolerate oo. U were even beggin dem to giv u bowl to vomit. If na me i go jus dey vomit dey go afterall na dem gi mob am. After deliver i go jus give dem dia piece of cake..
Dis ur story pain me in terms of des yeye nurses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 8:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
Debclem:
Please who has an idea what to be done about yeast infection in pregnancy? This is the second time, first was in early 2nd trimester, my doctor gave me one insert medicine like that, it stopped and now 3rd trimester, I'm scratching away again. I don't want those inserts no more, don't feel comfortable poking there biko, is there any home remedy?
My doctor said salt and warm water but it doesn't seem to be working very well for me. A friend just called to Suggset baking soda shocked, Pls has anyone used that? Did it work?
Is there anything else that can bring relief before I scratch-tear that zone biko. HELP!!!
#scratchesAway

You just reminded me of what I went thru on my first preggy. I used inserts, it didn't go. I used all the home remedies I came across on net including using vinegar but nothing worked. Mine was accompanied with heavy discharge to the point I started wearing pad to soak it cos it wets my pant and cloth. I learnt to sleep with my legs wide open and a standing fan facing my jajaina. The moment I pushed my baby out, I looked for itches and discharge but they were all missing. Till date I have no experience of that infraction again.
I pray you find a remedy to yours cos it's so troubling

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
beyedew:

Na the love wey I dey feel here make me no mind Oga when him no do withdrawal method that particular day. Please don't tell him.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
Iuuiuii
queenhecate:
na so they began to gist, refused to bring another pan after after the second one has thoroughly scolded me for vomiting on the floor the first time.

I begged,pleaded, called and for wia. I finally walked out of the room and into the office where they were sat and beckoned the first one amidst tears to please come. she now stood and told me they needed to break my water to hasten things up. for my mind, I said so you fit do this kain things before.

she broke it and said I should come to delivery room. without help ooo, just shifted back and was watching me both of them. I struggled up and climbed the delivery table and was there for about thirty minutes.

finally, I felt the urge to push. all this while, they stood back gisting to themselves and didnt tell me anything. I began to push, I pushed for wia.

na when I began to make one mooing noise like a cow that they stopped their loud gist and came to see. she shoved her whole fist into me and by then the only thing on my mind was"wetin remain for me to see for here" she now said, this head is too big oo.

I ignored her and continued pushing, I could feel the head coming down and removed my hands from my ankles to my bum na so the nurse hit me, comon remove hand from there. I turned and lifted a hand to her to say no vex u here and she moved back sharply and said ,don't touch me with your dirty hands, I would have loved ti say that I gave her a befitting reply but I didn't. I turned and asked her what did you say and she repeated it and said "is that not the hand you were using to touch your bum, please don't touch me with it"

I am the non confrontational type, hate quarrels and would rather enter a hole than confronting someone, I felt those words into the depths of my soul. I am crying again as I type this and even the other nurse felt bad. I was just following her around with my eyes all around the room. this first nurse now gave me a tear and the head popped out and the body followed immediately.

that was around 3.15am Saturday morning. long story short, she sewed me up and that was that.

I went to general hospital cos I had my last baby there and they were wonderful but this birth has shown me that an organization is good depends not on the building or structure in place but on the personnel running the place.

at the end, I went home with my Angel baby girl and she is the greatest gift of all. Please thank God with me mothers.

Kai, some women ehhhnnnn.... Heaven knows my conscience will not be @ peace if I don't tell the wicked nurses words that even generations to come will pity their conditions. I may be quiet during delivery buh I must mark their faces, go back to the ward and really make them feel sorry 4 themselves. It's even paining me dt I was not in that same ward wth u Walai. Thank God for safe delivery ojare...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
queenhecate:

I am the non confrontational type, hate quarrels and would rather enter a hole than confronting someone, I felt those words into the depths of my soul. I am crying again as I type this and even the other nurse felt bad. I was just following her around with my eyes all around the room. this first nurse now gave me a tear and the head popped out and the body followed immediately.

Sorry for quoting but mehn I would have slapped the devil out of those nurses after delivery! What nonsense! What if something happened to your baby ehn? Chei God! I'm so angry!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 9:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dazzle86:

I was told of a woman who was slapped by a nurse during Delivery. The woman after delivery and being discharged, came back and slapped the same nurse.

E b like say the woman Na military wife cos even our nurses dey Taya 4 us 4 our hospital. Nurse talk 1, omo, we dey give them back bumper to bumper ( that's if the nurses jamb military wives weh fear God sef), then d ones weh their head dey touch dey troway slap and threats anyhow in d labor room. I'm nt exaggerating o (most army wives can attest to this).

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goodfortun(f): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I'm not washing yet. My momma does that and she washes with hand but when i start washing, imma use the machine. My machine has favourite/delicate/baby care settings. I use Persil for my baby clothes. I think them Ariel and Sunlight are too harsh. For baby milk, I bought NAN.

The mama that asked if Lochia is supposed to last for 6weeks, ngbo is it true? My bleeding stopped yesterday and its just 12days since i put to bed.

@eksbabe, @phlakkeys and other remaining July mama's, it shall be easy for you.

Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dazzle86:
So I went for scan today. At 35 weeks my little princess is weighing 2.9. Is that too large?

My dear, how mant Kg hv u added since u became pregnant?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dazzle86:
So I went for scan today. At 35 weeks my little princess is weighing 2.9. Is that too large?

Imo, I don't think it is. Just concentrate fully on fruits, vegetables and protein. Seriously, cut down on carbohydrates and sugary drinks including malt.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Eminya:

You just reminded me of what I went thru on my first preggy. I used inserts, it didn't go. I used all the home remedies I came across on net including using vinegar but nothing worked. Mine was accompanied with heavy discharge to the point I started wearing pad to soak it cos it wets my pant and cloth. I learnt to sleep with my legs wide open and a standing fan facing my jajaina. The moment I pushed my baby out, I looked for itches and discharge but they were all missing. Till date I have no experience of that infraction again.
I pray you find a remedy to yours cos it's so troubling
You just described my experience, it showed me shege . Immediately baby came out it disappeared into thin air.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Debclem:

did you really ignore your prenatals and everything turned out great? Cos I have been ignoring mine, the severe MS did not help matters too and my system just doesn't seem to agree with the tabs, I have prenatals, pregnacare and the ones I was given at the hospital, each time I swallow any of them, I seem to have relapse into MS, can't even explain it. So I kuku quit but I have been shit scared if everything is gonna turn out OK. I have been praying that it works out well cos it seems praying is easier than swallowing the meds. I have even been too afraid to ask on here. I be no wan hear Wetin go cut my liver but I am bracing it up today. I have been eating a lot of garden egg leaves and ugba too. Ugba builds blood as much as garden egg leaves.

Sabi mamas, Pls is there one that 'unavoidably' skipped on prenatals and everything turned out great?
It's not like am encouraging u but I actually skipped my prenatals,though I took my folic acid religiously in first trimester.
I always feel nauseous whenever I take it so I kukuma stopped it,but I don't joke with fruits and vegetables. I ate a lot of it and my baby came out beautiful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
sassyangel1:

The answer lies within u tho. If u feel u can handle the job test and interview ish, then u shd go ahead. If u gat the fund to travel by air, do so in order to avoid the bumpy rides and inconveniences involved traveling via road. Hope d job is worth the stress tho? So dt u won't start thinking of resigning few months after all d travel wahala.
@ sassyangel1, yes it's worth it else I wouldn't have bothered especially with the way am feeling. Tanks dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stephmiracle: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Elixir123:
Good evening mamas.July mamas how far? Almighty will make it easy peasy.
@Giddyperson how's your baby girl? Pls this garden egg leaf ,what's it called in Igbo,Yoruba or pidgin?
I love vegetables too and would love to try them.
Any sabi mama who knows can help out too.
Thanks

It's called AKWUKWO ANARA in Igbo language

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
FexCathy:

@ sassyangel1, yes it's worth it else I wouldn't have bothered especially with the way am feeling. Tanks dear.

Safe n bumpless trip and endeavor 2 get a relaxing and Enof leg room spot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.