Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,734 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8180941 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3245) (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Debclem:

Giddyperson did you really ignore your prenatals and everything turned out great? Cos I have been ignoring mine, the severe MS did not help matters too and my system just doesn't seem to agree with the tabs, I have prenatals, pregnacare and the ones I was given at the hospital, each time I swallow any of them, I seem to have relapse into MS, can't even explain it. So I kuku quit but I have been shit scared if everything is gonna turn out OK. I have been praying that it works out well cos it seems praying is easier than swallowing the meds. I have even been too afraid to ask on here. I be no wan hear Wetin go cut my liver but I am bracing it up today. I have been eating a lot of garden egg leaves and ugba too. Ugba builds blood as much as garden egg leaves.

Sabi mamas, Pls is there one that 'unavoidably' skipped on prenatals and everything turned out great?
Congrats, am not encouraging you to skip your prenatals but am replying you because you asked for personal experience. I took prenatals for my first child but with my second I find it very had taking it because l had severe morning sickness, I can recall I took folic acid for just 2months and didn't take any drug till I delivered not even iron tablets but one thing I did was to always eat right and well, I eat meat, fish, eggs, drank tea almost everyday and eats real good food. I beloved the nutrients I can get from the drugs are also present in the food we eat. So I eat very very very well and my baby turned out fine with strong bones self. May God see you through

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
Debclem:
Please who has an idea what to be done about yeast infection in pregnancy?
This is the second time, first was in early 2nd trimester, my doctor gave me one insert medicine like that, it stopped and now 3rd trimester, I'm scratching away again. I don't want those inserts no more, don't feel comfortable poking there biko, is there any home remedy?
My doctor said salt and warm water but it doesn't seem to be working very well for me. A friend just called to Suggset baking soda shocked, Pls has anyone used that? Did it work?
Is there anything else that can bring relief before I scratch-tear that zone biko. HELP!!!
#scratchesAway
Baking soda? Won't advice that, sounds too harsh.

Try :
Inserting garlic down there for like 3 hours or overnight. It's gonna sting for sometime and then your mouth will reck of garlic like you ate it.

Apply unsweetened, sugar free Yougurt outside the labia and vaginal lips NOT inside o. Leave on for an hour then wash off

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dazzle86:
So I went for scan today. At 35 weeks my little princess is weighing 2.9. Is that too large?

Nay,not too big, Imo. However, you should know that a baby's scan weight is only valid for 48 hours. You can still have a bigger baby. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
Damsel21:
Well I really owe this group so much application because it has helped moved out of my shell,right now am very happy lady duo i still think about d past but not as much as it used to be.i got a job Tru my uncle I went to visit on location 2weeks ago in lekki,in fact I was not prepared but am living fine and meeting people each day.as for mrking3 don't act to be mr perfect cus no one is perfect and I don't knw if u are pregnant either shocked@katchycouture thank u for reminding me cus I remember I got to knw names of movies I downloaded and watch wen I was still on sick bed thru this same thread so I don't knw why someone shld just attack me of derailing, embarassed @Naomi14 thank u for all ur words I appreciate you smileyto those mamas that give me some tips few days ago thank you so much I've started working on it will let u knw personally when it's all done and perfect Insha Allah kisssassyangel1 and GIddyperson and every other woman on this and on earth that believes woman shld be another woman's keeper may God bless you kiss to those that thinks am derailing this thread remember a particular drug can cure several illness depends on how it is administered lipsrsealed.

I will surely announce my BA here Insha Allah grin cool

U will Insha Allah. We'll be here waiting and ur baby gat loadssss of godmothers... Just throw aside negative chats and gather positive strength. We gat ur and our backs..

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
nana228:
Teamie, you are in labor. If they are 5 minutes apart and lasts for 1 minute, pack your things and go to the hospital before you give birth at home. Safe delivery to you. Waiting for your BA.
Thank you, but it has reduced today and i'm freaking out already. Dont even have the urge to do anything cuz i am soo anxious to see this baby. Let me just see how the day goes before thinking of hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
Naomi14:
Well, mine was like menstrual cramps but didn't affect my back just lower abdomen pain. I didn't even know I was contracting sef. I think you should go to the hospital make you no go born for house. If it's nothing highest you go back home.
And how soon did u put to bed after those contractions? Cuz my contractions have reduced. Is this even normal?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
ifyalways:

Nay,not too big, Imo. However, you should know that a baby's scan weight is only valid for 48 hours. You can still have a bigger baby. cheesy
Are you serious or are you trying to scare me?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 12:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dazzle86:

Are you serious or are you trying to scare me?
Biko, why would I want to get you scared and what's scary in my response?

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lululuv(f): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
spiceeamiee:
I'm not washing yet. My momma does that and she washes with hand but when i start washing, imma use the machine. My machine has favourite/delicate/baby care settings. I use Persil for my baby clothes. I think them Ariel and Sunlight are too harsh. For baby milk, I bought NAN.

The mama that asked if Lochia is supposed to last for 6weeks, ngbo is it true? My bleeding stopped yesterday and its just 12days since i put to bed.

@eksbabe, @phlakkeys and other remaining July mama's, it shall be easy for you.

Just 12days, you are lucky. As in nothing comes out of Vjay again. Your own body system is gud
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2017
6/7 hours
eksbabe:
And how soon did u put to bed after those contractions? Cuz my contractions have reduced. Is this even normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eksbabe(f): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
Naomi14:
6/7 hours
Ok then, i'm here waiting for stronger contractions sha. God help me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lotannad1: 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
hello house! I need help! I am 39wks ds wk wt twins! according to last Fri scan, each baby weighs 3.4kg! I am massive,being feeling mild cramps for like 2wks,Ds morning, I had a dizzying headache for like 1hr. am so uncomfortable and my belly has dropped for like mth. at d last anc which was last Fri, I forced d doc to check me&he said I had not even started at all! I HV anoda appointment 2mrw,what can I do?
Note- this is my 2nd pregnancy but d first was a single.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
it's suppose to be increasing not reducing but still go get checked in the hospital.
eksbabe:
Ok then, i'm here waiting for stronger contractions sha. God help me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dependableGod(f): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
Damsel21:
Well I really owe this group so much application because it has helped moved out of my shell,right now am very happy lady duo i still think about d past but not as much as it used to be.i got a job Tru my uncle I went to visit on location 2weeks ago in lekki,in fact I was not prepared but am living fine and meeting people each day.as for mrking3 don't act to be mr perfect cus no one is perfect and I don't knw if u are pregnant either shocked@katchycouture thank u for reminding me cus I remember I got to knw names of movies I downloaded and watch wen I was still on sick bed thru this same thread so I don't knw why someone shld just attack me of derailing, embarassed @Naomi14 thank u for all ur words I appreciate you smileyto those mamas that give me some tips few days ago thank you so much I've started working on it will let u knw personally when it's all done and perfect Insha Allah kisssassyangel1 and GIddyperson and every other woman on this and on earth that believes woman shld be another woman's keeper may God bless you kiss to those that thinks am derailing this thread remember a particular drug can cure several illness depends on how it is administered lipsrsealed.

I will surely announce my BA here Insha Allah grin cool

Amen! ALL will surely b well! cheers!!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trish102(f): 2:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
u can also crush the garlic before inserting it. works faster .[quote author=Debclem post=58647197]Please who has an idea what to be done about yeast infection in pregnancy?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
lotannad1:
hello house! I need help! I am 39wks ds wk wt twins! according to last Fri scan, each baby weighs 3.4kg! I am massive,being feeling mild cramps for like 2wks,Ds morning, I had a dizzying headache for like 1hr. am so uncomfortable and my belly has dropped for like mth. at d last anc which was last Fri, I forced d doc to check me&he said I had not even started at all! I HV anoda appointment 2mrw,what can I do?
Choi 3.4kg in two places, I can imagine, pele. You mean what can you do to induce labour, the usual, short walks, zobo, dates all the things we do that I don't know if they work, I think long walks and stairs climbing worked for me but you are massive I can't imagine grin Pele it can't be more than 10 days from now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MissIndependent(f): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
jesufifunmi:
And the 'heavily pregnant mamas' complained to you that they have had enough? What are you even doing here to begin with? Pls carry your insensitive lot out of this thread abeg!!! Only God knows where these new breed of men came from... Very cruel and heartless people.
Thank you my Sister I just tire for people. What about those discussing Movies and Food? Are they not derailing? It's too bod how heartless and judge mental people (especially Africans) can be I really felt sorry for @Damsel21... undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
Debclem:
Please who has an idea what to be done about yeast infection in pregnancy?
This is the second time, first was in early 2nd trimester, my doctor gave me one insert medicine like that, it stopped and now 3rd trimester, I'm scratching away again. I don't want those inserts no more, don't feel comfortable poking there biko, is there any home remedy?
My doctor said salt and warm water but it doesn't seem to be working very well for me. A friend just called to Suggset baking soda shocked, Pls has anyone used that? Did it work?
Is there anything else that can bring relief before I scratch-tear that zone biko. HELP!!!
#scratchesAway
Stop scratching, it won't help cheesy
For me inserting anything in my hp always irritates the hell out of it. I always tell the doctor I don't want to insert anything. I use diflucan tablets and canesten cream, though it never occurred while I was pregnant, so you could ask your doctor about the tablets cuz I don't know if it's safe

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Good evening my people. May God see all of us through this journey. Please I have 2 questions to ask. 1. Am currently 6 weeks gone and need to travel to Lagos from Warri to write a job test. Can I make this journey by road? 2. Is there anything i can take or be eating to reduce nausea? I am always nauseous without actually vomitting. If vomit manage come out na only large amounts of spit but food or anything dosent settle well with me without having that contant feeling of throwing up. Thank you in advance for your answers.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Prettyhurts
It is well with you sis. May God give you double for your trouble (if you wish to have double).

Damsel21- big squishy hug to you.

FexCathy- for the nauseous part, get orbit gum or throw bitter kola into ur mouth and be nibbling on it little by little. For the journey, I don't really know, sabi mamas are on the way to properly guide you.

To every person here, both mamas and papas, please let's try to be sensitive to people's plight, your kind or harsh word can make or mar a person/decision. Remember, we are one big family.
Na the love wey I dey feel here make me no mind Oga when him no do withdrawal method that particular day. Please don't tell him.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bomgirl(f): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
FexCathy, I travelled from Lagos to Abuja by road when I was 5 weeks. I only wore seatbelt even though I sat on the second row to prevent Movements.

Prettyhurts, i'm so sorry. Stay strong. embarassed embarassed kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ToyosiR(f): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hi all.

How are we doing?

Big congratulation to the newly dropping mama. Wishing all other july Mamas safe delivery.

Damsel21, I am really happy for you. May God clean both your hidden and visible tears.

I cant wait to see this July go to an end. I don't even know why It is so slow and sluggish.

Yesterday midnight, i have a serious braxton hicks that i thought it was labour.

I started purging since midnight till this morning too but after 0RS water this morning, it subdued.

I am just begging this lovely jewel to hold on till next month ooooo.

#TeamAugust, Hope we are warming up.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chijiuche: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
FexCathy:
Good evening my people. May God see all of us through this journey. Please I have 2 questions to ask. 1. Am currently 6 weeks gone and need to travel to Lagos from Warri to write a job test. Can I make this journey by road? 2. Is there anything i can take or be eating to reduce nausea? I am always nauseous without actually vomitting. If vomit manage come out na only large amounts of spit but food or anything dosent settle well with me without having that contant feeling of throwing up. Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sis, You can do that comfortably... In this pregnancy, I drove from Lagos to my hubby 's villa in East at 6 weeks not knowing I was pregnant. I was in the villa and tested and it was positive...Since i was not having MS, i drove myself back after three days...I am currently 15 weeks gone and baby is hale and hearty. The former ones we judiciously monitored and hubby even employed a driver to be driving me to work never stayed... My take is that any baby that wants to stay will stay no matter what - But that does not means you go wake up dey carry lift sha ooo.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
my bs is going to come in bits. sorry

After my fall last Wednesday, I went for anc the next day and the doctor refused to induce me and I went home crying and utterly fed up.

I woke up that Friday morning with niggling pains but I dismissed them and continued with my day. I went down on my knees and scrubbed the living daylight out of my bathroom and toilet.

the pains were getting worse and coming around 45minutes each time. I delayed calling my husband cos he is a champion worrier. around 6pm, I couldn't endure anymore so I texted him to come home now. the pains were every 20minutes then.

see me na, I didn't know the man didn't see the text sef. na so I bathe my kids, fed them and begin wait for hubby ooo.

my plan was to put the kids to be, lock tgem in and go with him to hospital. see the man strolling in around 8pm and then I was conserving my energy and didn't want to talk abeg.

put the kids to bed and crept out around 11pm.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demiiii(f): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
I AM YET TO TAKE PRE-NATALS TOO. SCARED THOUGH
mydreams25:

Congrats, am not encouraging you to skip your prenatals but am replying you because you asked for personal experience. I took prenatals for my first child but with my second I find it very had taking it because l had severe morning sickness, I can recall I took folic acid for just 2months and didn't take any drug till I delivered not even iron tablets but one thing I did was to always eat right and well, I eat meat, fish, eggs, drank tea almost everyday and eats real good food. I beloved the nutrients I can get from the drugs are also present in the food we eat. So I eat very very very well and my baby turned out fine with strong bones self. May God see you through
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queenhecate: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
by then, I was really feeling the pains and was feeling every bump, luckily the road were fairly deserted and we reached quickly.

After examination, was only 3cm, I was disappointed but I rallied and said to myself, there is no turning back at this point only forward. my husband was worried about the kids and i let him go around 1am and when I begged the nurse to examine me again, I was only 5cm

then the pains were coming in waves and I was barely holding on. After enough screaming and calling on the nurse that I wanted to vomit, she grudgingly brought out one small kidney shaped plate and shoved it into my hand snarling at me that I should not vomit on the floor,she was still talking when I sprayed everywhere.

She went to call another nurse and then my nightmare began.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
ifyalways:

Biko, why would I want to get you scared and what's scary in my response?
The valid for 48 hours part got me scared. Do you mean the baby's weight increases every 48 hours?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
lotannad1:
Chai, so you are carrying around almost 7kg and here I am feeling sorry for myself with just 2.9kg. Maybe you should try natural methods that will induce labor. But I thought twins are born earlier than singletons

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
ToyosiR:
Hi all.

How are we doing?

Big congratulation to the newly dropping mama. Wishing all other july Mamas safe delivery.

Damsel21, I am really happy for you. May God clean both your hidden and visible tears.

I cant wait to see this July go to an end. I don't even know why It is so slow and sluggish.

Yesterday midnight, i have a serious braxton hicks that i thought it was labour.

I started purging since midnight till this morning too but after 0RS water this morning, it subdued.

I am just begging this lovely jewel to hold on till next month ooooo.

#TeamAugust, Hope we are warming up.
Cappo I am warming up already. My nursery is almost ready. Waiting for school to go on vacation then I face it.
I have not felt anything like contractions, I don't know how contractions feels. E Pele ma. Lovely Jewel hold on till our month o.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
Prettyhurts:

Still a bit weak but better than before dear, I know another one will come and stay. Hope my son is good and please your chi have not left you.

Bomgirl & katchycouture I'm good ma.
awww,it is well with you dear. May God heal you and comfort you!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzle86(f): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
demiiii:
I AM YET TO TAKE PRE-NATALS TOO. SCARED THOUGH

The worst feeling in the world is seeing your baby suffer due to something you caused. I had terrible all day sickness, to swallow water was a problem. From the 6th week of pregnancy till the 14th week when my all day sickness tapered off. In the beginning for a week I didn't take folic acid when I read about the consequences, I forced myself. My sister the fear of spina bafida is the beginning of wisdom. At my anomaly scan my chest was beating cos I was scared because of the one week I skipped. Please do your best for your baby. This is the formation stage.
Cc Debclem

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
eksbabe:
it is,I've been having them for days now but they're on and off. When it's the real deal you'll know,nobody wee tell you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3245) (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.