Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8200214 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
LholarB:

That's is why it is always given when you are 4cm to 5cm dilated...You don't really have to take it twice if it's been administered by a good Anethetist,he/she can always top it up if it's wearing off and dat shldnt be a separate charge...not heard of pple taking it twice but and even if they did, the hospital shld be able to give Discounts on the hospital charges!!

* Anesthetist
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
They don't give it twice rather they give it in doses depending on the anatomy of the woman and the blood pressure also. It's the same charge
LholarB:

That's is why it is always given when you are 4cm to 5cm dilated...You don't really have to take it twice if it's been administered by a good Anethetist,he/she can always top it up if it's wearing off and dat shldnt be a separate charge...not heard of pple taking it twice but and even if they did, the hospital shld be able to give Discounts on the hospital charges!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Spicy128(f): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello house, love this platform, am a ftm edd dec27th hope am welcome.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Spicy128:
Hello house, love this platform, am a ftm edd dec27th hope am welcome.
You are welcome in the name of the Lord......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
@LaDivva. Na the same thing dey do me for about 4 weeks now. I cant breathe properly when i lie down. I complained to my mil(she's a midwife ) and she said joyfully my grandchild is orobo(don't mind that woman). She later advised me to change postions till i feel comfortable or sleep with plenty plenty pillows like im half lying down half sitting down.

@GoodMum...Those kicks no be for here at all o. At first i was enjoying it because it was reassuring that my baby is fine and this is my first pregnancy so i was super excited. But now its like i offended my child o and hes trying to show me pepper.the kicks are even visible to a third person if i sit still and expose my belle. Plus my baby lobes the right hand side of my belle o. So sleeping on right side no go work for me. Its like he paid for the land and even obtained certificate of occupancy

@tallar...no mind that sarah stage o. She would just be making someone feel bad. See flat belle even at 9 months sef... but you should see her now she's pregnant with her second child and her belle no flat at all o. She con dey talk shit say her doctor say one thing one thing.. she doesnt know that she was just lucky for the diet and exrcise to work for her. My sister every pregnancy is truly different

@MummyAudrey..My wonderful sister as you can see space dey o. But as a typical nigerian cappo i will have to collect the following things and share it with my team mates before you can be allowed to port.na MARCHING GROUND FEE(owo ile)
1. 7 wraps of sharwarma
2. 7 wraps of swet sensation grilled chicken
3. 7 chilled five alive juice
4. My team mates abeg put whatever you fill like eating on the list o.
You are welcome in advance grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
Zino89:
am here o mama teamjanuary all the way how are you doing?? Am having this feeling like bubble bursting I don't know if nA kick ooo.
I had that exact bubble bursting feeling at exactly 15 weeks. I knew it wasnt gas or tummy rumbling so i googled it. Oyinbo give am name na 'flutters or flutterings. The first day i felt it once
The next day i felt it like twice and from then on it became more constant. It feels like there is a litlle fish in ur belly swimming. But when it becimes more violent and specific the its called kicks. Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
lady25:

@LaDivva. Na the same thing dey do me for about 4 weeks now. I cant breathe properly when i lie down. I complained to my mil(she's a midwife ) and she said joyfully my grandchild is orobo(don't mind that woman). She later advised me to change postions till i feel comfortable or sleep with plenty plenty pillows like im half lying down half sitting down.

Exactly, it happens when I lie down, will try the pillow stuff. I just hope the orobo suggestion is a myth though, before they'll scatter my Hubby's enjoyment ministry grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
flawlesskayc:
Dear mamas, pls since Epidural with VD isn't painful. Y do people now opt for normal VD without epidural & encounter much pains?
Are there risks associated with Epidural??
Pls am just curious...Dont jump&pass me oo.

I think it's only in Nigeria, people don't like Epidural cos most preggy mamas abroad jump at this Birth plan. People in Nigeria opt for Normal VD cos
1.its quite expensive and most General hospitals don't offer preggy mamas the option but it's mostly offered in Private hospitals.

2.They feel it makes them a less of a woman so dats why they always wantu feel the pains as per strong Naija babe naa( this is so laughable) .

3.The pushing stage might be longer cos u wldnt have the urge to push as you can't feel any pain at all so you might be assisted with the pushing

The minor after effect is dat you will have serious headache which will last for about 2 hrs I think cos my sis used Epidural for her lat birth and she had serious headache, shivering too is part of it but the major risk if it's administed by a quack Anesthetist is one might be paralysed for life(Numb Legs) anything goes wrong but this is very rare, it's like 1 out of 1000.

I hope I have been able to help a little, you can also read up on it on Google so you can know the pros and Cons extensively!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Even that headache occurs in 1 in 8000 women statically. Epidural birth doesn't make one less of a woman as long as you and your lo is safe.
LholarB:

I think it's only in Nigeria, people don't like Epidural cos most preggy mamas abroad jump at this Birth plan. People in Nigeria opt for Normal VD cos
1.its quite expensive and most General hospitals don't offer preggy mamas the option but it's mostly offered in Private hospitals.

2.They feel it makes them a less of a woman so dats why they always wantu feel the pains as per strong Naija babe naa( this is so laughable) .

3.The pushing stage might be longer cos u wldnt have the urge to push as you can't feel any pain at all so you might be assisted with the pushing

The minor after effect is dat you will have serious headache which will last for about 2 hrs I think cos my sis used Epidural for her lat birth and she had serious headache, shivering too is part of it but the major risk if it's administed by a quack Anesthetist is one might be paralysed for life(Numb Legs) anything goes wrong but this is very rare, it's like 1 out of 1000.

I hope I have been able to help a little, you can also read up on it on Google so you can know the pros and Cons extensively!!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyalways(f): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
imurboss:
Good pm to you all pushing and waddling mamas,trust we're all good. Congratulations @mzleemah....God bless your entire family and congrats to all august team that have birthed their lo.

Team october,how're we holding on,hope we're getting ready,abeg make una help me chook mouth for my matter o.Yesterday i went for scan at 32wks according to my lmp. The result shows that one baby weighs 2.63kg at 35wks while the other weighs 2.17kg at 33wks 4days. Edd for the first is now 28/9 while the other is 8/10,though i'm not so concerned about these new edds as the very first scan i had gave me one date for both,which is 9/10. My concern is why these discrepancies in weights and ages.Then the one that worries me now is that the presentation for the first is breech lying right oblique,this has got me really worried since. Does it mean all this while i feel heavy down there,they have been sitting down while i'm thinking it's the head. Please what can i do to make bring them to cephalic.....Thanks

#teamsharpsharpdelivery#
I had twins, they were never same weight or GA throughput the pregnancy.

I'm wondering what is happening at the hospitals nowadays. Is it that doctors and sonographers do not explain anymore to preggie mamas that breech presentation before GA 36 weeks is not abnormal and nothing to fret about or we just love to worry?can you as an adult stay in one position for 9 months?
Breech before week 36 to 37 is nothing to worry about. Don't increase your BP over nothing. Most babies flip back to Cephalic position from 36 weeks upwards.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
favouredestiny:

Sorry about your MS. Soon, you should be better and stronger. Concerning your loss of weight, it's normal for some people in first trimester because of MS but as you progress into 2nd & 3rd trimester you will gain weight rapidly.
thanks for the encouragement smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2017
beautyuche:
Mama Biko is it MS or na my body
1. scared of brushing in d morning make i no vomit
2. I am now scared of drinking pregnant care (too big to swallow plus d smell irritates) so kuku dey take d tiny vit Hospital gave me.
3. i no fit use cream every thing that smell trigger me
I just tire all the time
me too.. I've stopped creaming.. I even hid my husband's perfume one time.. The worst is the smell of food.. So I'm sure it's MS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
Team January Roll call

Pacypatty...................how body?

Mbula.................... hope you guys are good?

Luvtoteach........... register & disappear

Tchidi...................

Zino89................... mama toh sure baje

MiraclefromGod.......it haff tae o

Goldenheart002.......... how bumping

Chijiuche............ how ur back flipping lil bun?

Bomgirl........... how is you?

Thotiana.............. where you hide put?

Coldfeet.............. i hail thee mama

Mitche15............... i throway salute o

Momagic................ you are most welcome to our team

MummyAudrey.......... welcome also but if want to port, porting is allowed.

Curvilicious........... my ministry is moving o 20weeks in few days

#teamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLOs#

My dearest teamies, whatapen? You babes are so quiet. Flutter/butterfly kicks dey confuse una?
Hope everyone is experiencing the butterfly kicks already

If you have ask plz ask your ask correct sabi mamas are readily available to answer your ask.

Finally, January mamas we want to see your bumps on Tuesday o. Nobody will shine my shine come next Tuesday

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
toyeem:

Have you tried very cold water from the freezer. That's the only water I take when I'm pregnant. For my 2nd, i would eat ice whenever the water refused to go down. Ms is something else. Hugs to you mama.

I tried the very cold water and it goes well but was knock down with shivering thereafter so I stopped taking it as cold is dealing with me now. Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2017
Liftedhands:
One please! I'm very OK with one more grin you know I'm not greedy lolz cheesy Amen and amen.

Lol @not greedy. From your mouth to God's ear, be it unto you according to your heart desire! Awaiting your testimony sis.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
ebubenwaozo:
Hello mummies, am a ftm, I have been following this thread( very educating) but I was having difficulties registering, thank God I finally joined today.
Am a ftm and my edd is 12th Nov. I wish I will be added to team November for miracle babies. smiley

Welcome ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2017
kelizosuy:
My threshold for pain might be lower sef. I've already opted for it oh I'm just waiting patiently for October to come

Loooooool

Low
Lower
Who is lowest biko? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
LholarB:

Thanks darling....I understand better now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
proudmom38:

I tried the very cold water and it goes well but was knock down with shivering thereafter so I stopped taking it as cold is dealing with me now. Thanks ma

Individual differences cold water disorganises my system. Abit hot water works magic. Today i was out almost thru out nd had to drink cold water. All my food just started walking upandan my throat. As i got home nd drank my hot water everything just started going well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mbula(f): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
curvilicious:

Team January Roll call

Pacypatty...................how body?

Mbula.................... hope you guys are good?

Luvtoteach........... register & disappear

Tchidi...................

Zino89................... mama toh sure baje

MiraclefromGod.......it haff tae o

Goldenheart002.......... how bumping

Chijiuche............ how ur back flipping lil bun?

Bomgirl........... how is you?

Thotiana.............. where you hide put?

Coldfeet.............. i hail thee mama

Mitche15............... i throway salute o

Momagic................ you are most welcome to our team

MummyAudrey.......... welcome also but if want to port, porting is allowed.

Curvilicious........... my ministry is moving o 20weeks in few days

#teamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLOs#

My dearest teamies, whatapen? You babes are so quiet. Flutter/butterfly kicks dey confuse una?
Hope everyone is experiencing the butterfly kicks already

If you have ask plz ask your ask correct sabi mamas are readily available to answer your ask.

Finally, January mamas we want to see your bumps on Tuesday o. Nobody will shine my shine come next Tuesday

my able cappo.....I'm here with you.......present twice.we are doing good,and kicking strong.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
kelizosuy:
Even that headache occurs in 1 in 8000 women statically. Epidural birth doesn't make one less of a woman as long as you and your lo is safe.

It Doesn't at all... I wish some ignorant preggy mamas know this!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
Anugod:
My aproko antenna turned on and I checked, and truly she has deactivated. Maybe to return with a different moniker. It's such a pity cos her weird posts really used to make me laugh. grin
Please Americana nwam, if you're back, abeg show yourself... grin

Hmm Cappo. You people sha. Abeg leave our Americana o

Hope you are doing great

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
proudmom38:

try hot water.. Hot enough to make tea tho.. I initially tried very cold water or chew ice cubes and it works, only that I don't consume much in the end and still end up feeling cold. But I can finish a full cup of hot water in sips..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
You and kelizosuy comment on this epidural ish b just doing me one kine. No one wish to experience tremendous pain during childbirth when we have options.
You are making it sound like cos we are ignorant that's why we chose the path to cry and bring forth our babies.
Not everyone can afford the cheap 60k ur hospital is charging sef. So stop judging.
Maybe its preggy hormones that's making me vex sha. If my comment annoys u kpele.

LholarB:

It Doesn't at all... I wish some ignorant preggy mamas know this!!

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
curvilicious:

Individual differences cold water disorganises my system. Abit hot water works magic. Today i was out almost thru out nd had to drink cold water. All my food just started walking upandan my throat. As i got home nd drank my hot water everything just started going well.

Thank you mama, will try the hot/warm water and see how it goes....

Another thing, pls sabi mamas I'm tired of urinating o, haha I urinate every five minutes like frog. I did not experience this early urinating with my son until later in pregnancy. I no fit sleep well because of piss, abeg make una help my life for me biko nu. It is well o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ebonychic18(f): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
@Bloomingbud please go for the cerclage. You can Google it up to get more info. Many mamas here have done it. It has nothing to do with first time pregnancy. And yes since you are carrying multiples with the sign of shortened cervix please go for it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
booqee:
try hot water.. Hot enough to make tea tho.. I initially tried very cold water or chew ice cubes and it works, only that I don't consume much in the end and still end up feeling cold. But I can finish a full cup of hot water in sips..

Ok ma, will try it out. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YeyeObas5: 9:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
Mzleemah:
B.A B.A B. A
Alhamdulilah I am happy to announce the birth of my blessed baby boy at 11.50am weighing 2.7kg. Mother and baby doing fine.

Cc cappo ToyosiR

Congrats Mama. May he be a source of joy to your household

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations @Mzleemah God bless your lo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nope it doesn't annoy me.. I was just trying to educate someone that asked for the pros and cons of using epidural birth. 60k in this recession is not beans and I'm opting for it because I really can't tolerate pain. You need to see me during menstrual cramps. So if you read the the thread well you will see that someone actually actually asked to be educated on it.
P. S we are all suffering from pregnancy hormones but some of us don't take it out on others.
MoyosBlog123:
You and kelizosuy comment on this epidural ish b just doing me one kine. No one wish to experience tremendous pain during childbirth when we have options.
You are making it sound like cos we are ignorant that's why we chose the path to cry and bring forth our babies.
Not everyone can afford the cheap 60k ur hospital is charging sef. So stop judging.
Maybe its preggy hormones that's making me vex sha. If my comment annoys u kpele.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 9:50pm On Aug 25, 2017
Epidural or no epidural having an healthy baby is all that matters.
Safe delivery, mother and child alive, dad rejoicing with plenty money.
And mind u am not taking any ish out on you. I only said my mind. Thank u.

kelizosuy:
Nope it doesn't annoy me.. I was just trying to educate someone that asked for the pros and cons of using epidural birth. 60k in this recession is not beans and I'm opting for it because I really can't tolerate pain. You need to see me during menstrual cramps. So if you read the the thread well you will see that someone actually actually asked to be educated on it.
P. S we are all suffering from pregnancy hormones but some of us don't take it out on others.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 10:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
Chijiuche:

I dey here ooo....20 weeks already. cant believe myself

Lets Celebrate!!!! You are halfway gone. I am 19 weeks today

(1) (2) (3) ... (3376) (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.