Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,319 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:32 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8240262 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) (3443) (3444) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2017
Sansa143:
Congrats peggygee,may the Lord bless and keep her!
Ahnie-mama isoko eye,so we were teammates!Well we are in d same boat,we are 20wks old but he won't sit if u keep him to!He prefers flipping n dragging himself Dan sitting(d boy can flip like kilode,even wen sleeping too)!

You are justified by saying so....mee I wee still keep sitting him.,my first child zino walked at 7months n few weeks.but this chibobo pattern,I think I wee start to look at him with isoko-eyes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2017
booqee:

I swear believe me I've never seen alum or encountered it for any reason, or even heard of it of its use ..Until yesterday. So I didn't even know it's dangerous even for non-pregnant women. I've only heard some people use it to wash snail and it's salty according to the lady that recommend it to me..

You don't need to swear dear and we're not judging you. Like I said, maybe the woman wanted to tell you ulo or nzu. Nzu is round and salty, ulo is flat and taste like dust and salty too (ulo keeps the mouth dry ) but iono if is good for preggy woman even though I chewed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gabby18: 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2017
booqee:

I swear believe me I've never seen alum or encountered it for any reason, or even heard of it of its use ..Until yesterday. So I didn't even know it's dangerous even for non-pregnant women. I've only heard some people use it to wash snail and it's salty according to the lady that recommend it to me..

R u sure its not "nzu" she recommended... Its kinda white like chalk and gas a salty tast
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
Weldone Mama's in the house. please help me with this matter... I feel something in my throat, very thick like this,mucus like, I don't really know . It didn't even go away after vomiting this evening. please what can I do to be at ease there. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
gabby18:

R u sure its not "nzu" she recommended... Its kinda white like chalk and gas a salty tast

Prettyhurts:

You don't need to swear dear and we're not judging you. Like I said, maybe the woman wanted to tell you ulo or nzu. Nzu is round and salty, ulo is flat and taste like dust and salty too (ulo keeps the mouth dry ) but iono if is good for preggy woman even though I chewed it
Well, the lady specifically called it Alum, when I said I don't know it she described it as white, somewhat salty, and used to wash snail, I don't really know if she meant something else.

Well, she's a kuku young girl in my area, shouldn't be more than 17years, so she no sabi. Lol. I was only interested cos she said she salivates excessive when she has malaria, and with one lick on the tongue, her mouth becomes dry for the whole day. Lol

Lemme just endure it sha. It's going to be worth it in the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2017
angeltolly:

Mama Pele you hear? Not to scare you but Actually I doubt if there is anything you can do about excess saliva sad it was the issue of excess saliva that made me discover this thread from Google. I tried everything suggested but none worked. It was annoying because I never experienced it in my last pregnancy. However, the excess saliva stopped at about 14 wks all by itself. Meanwhile, I know someone who was spitting even till 2 weeks after delivery. So I pray yours will leave you soon. It's annoying really. It is well with you.

PS: This is another world. God bless all the Mamas that has contributed in this thread right from page 1- this present page. I never knew a thread like this existed till Jan/Feb this year After over 10 years on Nairaland sad Again..... God bless all mamas here real good for making the journey interesting.

Cappo @pweetiebabe and other October mamas, I hail o
Yeah this thread is like a mini Wikipedia, I tell u. Very useful..
But you're lucky.. 14weeks?! I don dey enter 16weeks but it keeps getting worse. It is well though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
mitche15:

This is quite surprising, i was able to walk around the next day with both fa, and i did mine in a govt hospital. I was told by the nurses that the earlier you walk around the faster the pain disappears, i don't know if that helped me, but i was okay after 1 week. Also maybe its individual differences, bodies differ so healing is different.

Hmmm( sighs).... It's well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2017
Giddyperson:
cheesy
*sideeyes her*
You think you are laughing at me, you are laughing at yourself. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sassyangel1(f): 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
ElmaSpeed:

Eh yaa kpele.
I've had three, all done by the same surgeon and each felt different. But with all of them, I had to get out of bed the morning after surgery (hospital policy, to help me heal) and that wasn't fun, but it was beneficial. Moving from the bed to a chair just beside the bed felt like building a rocket from scratch. It was a lot of work. The most annoying part was that I was told to get back on the bed and rest again within a few minutes (precisely how long it takes to change bed sheets).

Breastfeeding wasn't fun because of the pain in my uterus, but that only hurt me on the first three days. Still, I couldn't resist nursing my babies and wincing until I couldn't stand it anymore. Being on constant pain killers helped a lot, as I was told not to endure it but ask for medication.

But in all, I could walk unassisted within three days and felt no pain at all by the fourth, so the little stress the nurses gave me helped a lot. I've never had trouble with the site even though the same spot has been cut thrice.

This time I'm using another hospital and automatically another doctor and I pray it goes as well as it always has for me.

It's well...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 06, 2017
Oyinbos said it has some amount of mercury in it, so it is not good for preggy or non-preggy. No chew am again u hear! grin
Prettyhurts:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lady25(f): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
vannessa7:

actually the pregnancy was long overdue running to 11months but I noticed she ate a lot of beans while pregnant.
I'm just sooooo shocked and happy for her. God be praised. 11 months and it still ended well. Oluwaseun .
** No more beans for me after I finish this new one I cooked with fried plantain. ,chai and I just started loving beans o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2017
LholarB:

Wowwww, you mean you are on your fourth missionary journey even after 3 C-section...you are the real MVP mama, I Love your rare courage!!

My dear the courage came later o after plenty moral support. Fear been catch me initially cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2017
kelizosuy:
No one even answered me

We are very sorry.
Get a notepad and write down the exact time a contraction starts. Keep your eye on a stopwatch (you can use your phone). When it stops, write the time. Then wait for the next one to start.
Your doc needs to know how long a contraction lasts and the amount of time in between the contractions.
If the time in between contractions get shorter while the contractions get longer you may be in labour.

I hope I'm not answering too late
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2017
kelizosuy:
No one even answered me

Hian, didn't you see my answer? Pls stop the hasty judgement.

Nimi22 I sent you a pm, pls reply.

Vanessa, congrats to your family, may God bless lo and grant your sis speedy recovery from the stitches. Fear catch me sha o, just wondering what pushing a 6kg baby will feel like.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lilliesbud12:
Weldone Mama's in the house. please help me with this matter... I feel something in my throat, very thick like this,mucus like, I don't really know . It didn't even go away after vomiting this evening. please what can I do to be at ease there. Thank you

Try drinking a hot cup of Lipton tea

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
Eminya:

Nimi22 I sent you a pm, pls reply.

It's like my pm doesn't work or it's me that don't understand it. Pls chat me on . Let me know when u have the no so i can remove it. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vannessa7(f): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
lady25:

I'm justcsooooo shocked and happy for her. How he praised. 11 months and it still ended well. Oluwaseun .
** No more beans for me after I finish this new one I cooked with fried plantain. ,chai and I just started lovinh beans o

the weight could be due to the longer time spent in the womb, I'm not quite sure it's due to the beans, thanks a lot, Oluwaseun indeed, the staff at the hospital were already calling him Godwin, God took all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 10:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
@peggygee.....congratulations and God bless the new born

@lady25....wehdone ma with this your supposed last beans preparation with fried plantain

@kelizosuy.... some of us don't kukuma know how to calculate contractions so we are waiting for answers to your question....but, hope you aren't far to the hospital in case you need to head there. It will all end in praise.

@Vanessa, congratulations to your sister, God bless the new born

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2017
Nimi22:

It's like my pm doesn't work or it's me that don't understand it. Pls chat me on . Let me know when u have the no so i can remove it. Thanks.

Thanks, pls remove your number, I've saved it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lilliesbud12:

Pele teamie, maybe drinking lot of water will help (don't know what that is tho) it will end in praise for us. Amen

Sabi mamas go shuk mouth put.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello mums and dads, hope you all had a wonderful day.

Anugod, I saw the roll call, thanks for checking on us. I'm good here, this pregnancy has been the smoothest so far. Thanks to God. I was told its a girl at my last scan when I was around 21 and 22 weeks, can't remember exactly but will check again at my next scan by month end. No braxton hicks yet but a lot of movement and kicks. No new stretch marks too except for the ones i've had before on my upper thighs and tummy which are hardly noticeable. We're 28 weeks plus now and in third trimester. Glory be to God who have kept us this far and I know for sure He will complete what He has started in our lives, amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
vannessa7:

actually the pregnancy was long overdue running to 11months but I noticed she ate a lot of beans while pregnant.

wow!!wow!!wow!!,6kg, I can't imagine how painful it is for your sis to push him out. But the hospital should have done CS na...To me it is risky but we thank it all end in praise

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:33pm On Sep 06, 2017
Peggygee, congrats on the arrival of your lo. May God bless her and your family abundantly, amen.

Vannessa7, congratulations, God bless the little one.

Prestigiouslady, congrats on your bfp. We shall all carry to term and bring forth our los hale and hearty in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congratulations First of all nd welcome (Re u team May). For the engrossment, there is nothing you can do about other than to get a firm bra to package d breasts, about spotting, some spots while in first trimester, it might b old blood or maybe it is because of the stress you went thru.either way, pls rest nd c ur doctor as soon as u can.
prestigiouslady:
Helllooooo
I did a home based urine test and twas positive...I've started using folic acid and ferrous...

I was stressed day before yesterday and I saw a tiny brownish drop in my pant, but since then nothing, I just feel very weak.
I won't have access to the hospital until next week at the earliest.
plus my breasts are so engorged that I'm so uncomfortable using a brassier, I had to use a jumper today to work.
What can I do?? any tips to use till next week when I can have an appointment.
This will be my second baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2017
Thank you very much Mas...@Elmaspeed and proudmum38 for the suggestions & every other mums that were planning to answer me. I eventually vomited the remaining food in my stomach much as I tried to avoid doing that. hmmnn... I even hurt my throat in the process with blood coming out & eating afterwards was quite painful.. Hope am safe sha? I pray this stage ends soon....DH is already carrying face for me self ... men are not strong sha but they can only form.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HolySteph(f): 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
vannessa7:

Hmm... And DH wants me to eat lots of beans. I jump and pass.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MoyosBlog123: 1:50am On Sep 07, 2017
Congratulations dear.
peggygee:
BA! BA! BA!
My princess arrived yesterday, at exactly 8:42pm weighing 3.5kg with a little tear. Mother and Baby doing great, father has been jumping and dancing since yesterday. Lol

I thank God for the grace and the privilege to be a mother.

I wish the remaining September mothers safe delivery of their Lo's. May God who did it for me do it for you all.

Wish all other momas safe delivery too.

Cc: katchycouture

@jazzyjazz, tnks sis, your sis is now a mother.

Thanks to all who cared abt me and answered my sometimes weird questions, and also to those who checked up on me I heart you all.

B.S will be submitted later. Vigilante is very real
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 2:12am On Sep 07, 2017
peggygee:
BA! BA! BA!
My princess arrived yesterday, at exactly 8:42pm weighing 3.5kg with a little tear. Mother and Baby doing great, father has been jumping and dancing since yesterday. Lol

I wish the remaining September mothers safe delivery of their Lo's. May God who did it for me do it for you all.

Thanks to all who cared abt me and answered my sometimes weird questions, and also to those who checked up on me I heart you all.

Congratulations teamie; may God continue to put a smile on your face and that of your princess and other family members.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YACAA(f): 2:14am On Sep 07, 2017
curvilicious:
Congrats peggygee

Giddyperson, you too have join movie pple

YACAA, your bump is a clear road bump o

At anc today my bump was d smallest nd d doc was yabbing me say i too dey busy like someone dat is not pregnant dat is why i get reactions from John, whenever i jump down from d bed cry is it my fault? Have i born before? No!

Hmm say it again my sister. xx

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Dats wat I do evryday,i make sure I sit him b4 allowing him do his flips!No wonder she is a handful cheesy cheesy cheesy
ahnie:

You are justified by saying so....mee I wee still keep sitting him.,my first child zino walked at 7months n few weeks.but this chibobo pattern,I think I wee start to look at him with isoko-eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelsgal(f): 3:14am On Sep 07, 2017
peggygee:
BA! BA! BA!

Congrats Ma'm. May the birth of your LO bring opening doors to your fam.To God be the glory.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) (3443) (3444) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.