Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8245576 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3765) (3766) (3767) (3768) (3769) (3770) (3771) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
My dear,na cry I cry!Crious,women are strong!I hail us!
jazzyjazz:

Women are really strong o
I cringed mehn chei

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CheeryChy(f): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Congrats mrking3 and Mbliz. God bless your LO and speedy recovery to mama.

@sacredlily, congrats. What a miraculous experience. God bless your LO and continue to keep you all

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
I have a cream color fairly used wooden baby cot with foam for sale cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mafiaqueen: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
curvilicious:
How much? Foto? Hope all is well o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sacredlily(f): 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
zaynie:
MrKing3 and Mbliz, congrats to you.
I wish you the quickest recovery ever kiss.
Pele

Congrats Sacredlily, congrats mama.
Bleeding all through the first trimester and still beating.... Give your warrior a kiss for me joor kiss kiss kiss
As in eeeeeeeh, she is a warrior indeed. The kiss she yaff grabbed! She sends her greetings.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
curvilicious:

Why are you selling it and frowning face na
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sacredlily(f): 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
CheeryChy:
Congrats mrking3 and Mbliz. God bless your LO and speedy recovery to mama.

@sacredlily, congrats. What a miraculous experience. God bless your LO and continue to keep you all
Amen. Thank u ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Zheemub:
heroinqc, this one pass me ooo.
If you have a baby stroller or bassinet, bring it to the sitting room or buy baby mattress.
This will help reduce her going to your bedroom to sleep.
Just take things easy.
E-hugs
Mama I hv baby mattress wit net o. Bt she does tins her own way.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
heroinqc:
Mama I hv baby mattress wit net o. Bt she does tins her own way.

To be candid,I don't see anything wrong with your mil sleeping on your bed o.dunno sha diff strokes for diff folks.

kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Congrats at mbliz and sacredlily.
God please heal every.
Women are specially made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 8:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
mitche15:

Ahhh, my EDD is 19th jan and i was here thinking i should go for week rather than 1st week for my elect CS, thanks for the ginger grin grin grin

Edd is 17th Jan and i am also going for an elective cs, my doctor has booked me for 37weeks which means delivery will be by December by His grace. Above all it will end in praise for us all IJN.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitche15: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
derommyvent:

Edd is 17th Jan and i am also going for an elective cs, my doctor has booked me for 37weeks which means delivery will be by December by His grace. Above all it will end in praise for us all IJN.

Amen sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2017
ifyalways:

Take it easy please.

It's not like she marches to your bed and spreads herself there. . . She does that only when she goes to put baby to sleep there.
Its likely an involuntary action ; stress of getting baby to sleep, your bed is much firmer/stronger, softer, your room is more cooler/warmer and her old bones just giving in.

This is not worth a fight or battle. Have you checked out her bedroom, bed lately to see how comfortable or otherwise it is? If your MIL can carry your baby, she definitely ain't too dirty or unworthy to lie on your precious bed. Pick your battles wisely.

IF you really can't stand it, arrange to have mama go back or get a baby cot placed outside your bedroom so MIL won't have an excuse to get into your bedroom.

I'm angry sef angry
Pls read my post very well b4 comentting, which battle will i pick wisely nd who am i battling wit. Pls get it right d bed is nt my personal one neither do i hv my personal room. Its d bed i lie wit dh so i feel thr shld be a limit. If u read my post u wl note dat i'm only xpressing hw i feel, of whch i hv d right to. Did u read whr i said i jump pass any temptation dat wl bring issue btw us cos my prayer i want2 be a gud DIL. I never said i hd a fight with her . Infact i hv never confronted her nd will never do dat. I did'nt say in anyway dat she is dirty. Even if its one room apartment, thr shld be a limit one shld go. She does'nt cuddle d baby on d bed bt only goes to lie him dwn whn he is asleep. Pls thr is no justification for stealing evn if u're starving. Did u read whr i said she is nt staying wit me 4ever, whc calls 4 tolerance. Hv u paid me a visit to knw dat my room is cooler, bed firmer etc. Her son is nt financially bouyant so whtevr he provides 4her to lie evn mat she shld be ok wit dat. Whc DIL wil go2 wake her MIL by 10-11pm from her bed wil nt want2 xpress her feeling. Again i hv every right to xpress hw i feel its nt a crime, and like i said no justification for stealing. So mama ifyalways i dnt no d area u are angry at.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
zaynie:

Would you let your mom lie on your bed?
If yes, den comot eye.
If no, be subtle in the manner in which you approach this matter.

When my MIL was alive, I would tell myself first, what if she was my mother because truth be told, my mama na fire and can criticise Jesus for dying for the world but I lived with her for years and love her to bits, so why won't I live and tolerate my MiL.
We dey para for each other o, but it is just as I would para for my mom.
Haba hw cn i permit my mom to go lie on d bed i share wit my husband, whn dh sees her on d bed hw wi he feel, i dnt hv my personal room nd personal bed. My mom knws her limit. I cannt permit her2 lie on my bed cos i share it wit my husband so i hv to giv dh dt respect. My mum knocks b4 entering d bedroom nd she is older thn MIL. My dear like i said she is nt staying wit me 4ever and for dat i hv bn tolerating dat witout evn complaing to dh. I'm only xpressing hw i felt hr in dis forum. Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
ahnie:

To be candid,I don't see anything wrong with your mil sleeping on your bed o.dunno sha diff strokes for diff folks.

kiss kiss
yeah u may be right diff strokes for diff folks. It is nt just my bed. It is the bed i share with dh. I dnt hv my personal room, d bedroom is 4dh nd i.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamadsquare: 9:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
Congratulations mrking3 and Mbliz. May God grant your wife quick recovery and Welicome to baby Victory.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
heroinqc:
Haba hw cn i permit my mom to go lie on d bed i share wit my husband, whn dh sees her on d bed hw wi he feel, i dnt hv my personal room nd personal bed. My mom knws her limit. I cannt permit her2 lie on my bed cos i share it wit my husband so i hv to giv dh dt respect. My mum knocks b4 entering d bedroom nd she is older thn MIL. My dear like i said she is nt staying wit me 4ever and for dat i hv bn tolerating dat witout evn complaing to dh. I'm only xpressing hw i felt hr in dis forum. Thanks.

Since you can't allow your mom lie on your bed, then it's okay to feel uncomfortable with your MIL lying on it.
Like others have suggested, try to get a smaller mattress so baby can sleep in the sitting room or with mama in her room in the afternoons.

What you won't allow forever, don't start now. Better to put and end to it and be known as the wife that doesn't allow people to enter her room than be tagged she has changed o, she's no longer a nice girl.
Just find a subtle way to let her know. For me, I use playplay. I would just say "mama, e be like you like this our bed well well o." be sure to say it with a smile.
Be prepared cos she might ask why you said so, simply tell her politely that "you like taking your naps here now, you and your grandbaby be doing love in Tokyo on my matrimonial bed"
When next she wants to lie down she will caution herself and might even say "make I dey go my room before she will say I'm doing love with....... "

No need to get defensive, we're just trying to get you to let down a little.
But you know your MiL best and know if she's just a simple and unassuming woman or if she's just being sly.

Good luck

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Itissettled3: 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
Ma'am heroinqc. This your response get as e be.

Ma'am Ifyalways advised you as a grandma and also a mother inlaw. You should have just read her comment, digest the advise and politely explain areas where you felt she didn't understand you.

No one is "quarelling" with you.

Let me reiterate what she said :

1. No vex for MIL
2. Maybe MIL was trying to pacify or cuddle YOUR child on the bed and also fell asleep from exhaustion.
3. Maybe your bed is more comfortable than MIL e.t.c

From this your comment "Her son is nt financially bouyant so whtevr he provides 4her to lie evn mat she shld be ok wit dat" I have even drawn my conclusions.

It is well.

heroinqc:
Pls read my post very well b4 comentting, which battle will i pick wisely nd who am i battling wit. Pls get it right d bed is nt my personal one neither do i hv my personal room. Its d bed i lie wit dh so i feel thr shld be a limit. If u read my post u wl note dat i'm only xpressing hw i feel, of whch i hv d right to. Did u read whr i said i jump pass any temptation dat wl bring issue btw us cos my prayer i want2 be a gud DIL. I never said i hd a fight with her . Infact i hv never confronted her nd will never do dat. I did'nt say in anyway dat she is dirty. Even if its one room apartment, thr shld be a limit one shld go. She does'nt cuddle d baby on d bed bt only goes to lie him dwn whn he is asleep. Pls thr is no justification for stealing evn if u're starving. Did u read whr i said she is nt staying wit me 4ever, whc calls 4 tolerance. Hv u paid me a visit to knw dat my room is cooler, bed firmer etc. Her son is nt financially bouyant so whtevr he provides 4her to lie evn mat she shld be ok wit dat. Whc DIL wil go2 wake her MIL by 10-11pm from her bed wil nt want2 xpress her feeling. Again i hv every right to xpress hw i feel its nt a crime, and like i said no justification for stealing. So mama ifyalways i dnt no d area u are angry at.

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 10:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
richdaflux:
Birth Alert

My wife put to bed this morning, say 1hr ago via Caesarean.
3.85kg after 40 weeks

Big Congratulations to you and the family.
God will perfect all concerning them speedily.

lipsrsealed you dey owe us BS sha...
Can't wait to read your experience Sir.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 10:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
mrking3:
Dear mamas good day. I sincerely want to say kudos to every mother in the world.
For @Mbliz
EDD: 2nd Nov.

Congratulations Sir!
Thank you for being there with Madam all the way... thank you for recognising us... sure your Mum's Xmas present this year will double cheesy

I pray that @Mbliz recovers super fast, and our Baby gets strong tonight in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
sacredlily:
My Birth Story:
I was scheduled for the CS on d 21st Oct at exactly 37weeks.
Was given spinal anaesthesia for d surgery. Got teared up at 11:18 am & baby was brought out at exactly 11:23 am weighing 3.8kg.

Great BS.
To God be the glory.
Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tinutunde(f): 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
heroinqc:
RANT TIME

My MIL is trying to get on my nerve, but I always jump the temptation pass. I hv always ask Jah to hlp me be a gud DIL not hv issue wit my MIL. Jah hs bn hlpn me2 wit patience after all she wont stay wit me 4ever.

Mamas time without number my MIL will go and lie on my matrimonial bed sleeping jejely dat i always wake her when i want2 lie. She does it both day nd night, infact as i'm typing dis shes just standing up from my bed. She does it whenever she wants to go nd lie d baby dwn if hes asleep den she wl end up lieing dwn nd sleeping. Her son (dh) sees her but does'nt say anytin. I just dey luk her wit turkey meme side eye. Dis days na2 dey wear 3quarter short for me evn wear am go outside. D tin dey shame me bt dh no wan tlk. End of rant.
Dear sister,please try and take it easy with mama,think of the sacrifice she made to assist you in taking care of your baby,she left the comfort of her home just to be with you,know that its just for a while..dont worry,you will soon have your dh,ur bed and your home to yourself alone.kisses

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
zaynie:

Since you can't allow your mom lie on your bed, then it's okay to feel uncomfortable with your MIL lying on it.
Like others have suggested, try to get a smaller mattress so baby can sleep in the sitting room or with mama in her room in the afternoons.

What you won't allow forever, don't start now. Better to put and end to it and be known as the wife that doesn't allow people to enter her room than be tagged she has changed o, she's no longer a nice girl.
Just find a subtle way to let her know. For me, I use playplay. I would just say "mama, e be like you like this our bed well well o." be sure to say it with a smile.
Be prepared cos she might ask why you said so, simply tell her politely that "you like taking your naps here now, you and your grandbaby be doing love in Tokyo on my matrimonial bed"
When next she wants to lie down she will caution herself and might even say "make I dey go my room before she will say I'm doing love with....... "

No need to get defensive, we're just trying to get you to let down a little.
But you know your MiL best and know if she's just a simple and unassuming woman or if she's just being sly.

Good luck
I'm nt trying to be defensive bt saying hw i feel in dis area. Like i said b4 she is nt staying 4ever so wl nt bother telling her anytin cos she wl read meaning into it. And i dnt wnt2 hv a clash wit her never. Is nt as if thr is a quarell btw as a result of dt. Jst dt i dnt feel comfortable wit dt bt cn endure it till she leaves, whc i hv bn doing. Just airing hw i feel hr. I like ur last sentence.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Itissettled3:
Ma'am heroinqc. This your response get as e be.

Ma'am Ifyalways advised you as a grandma and also a mother inlaw. You should have just read her comment, digest the advise and politely explain areas where you felt she didn't understand you.

No one is "quarelling" with you.

Let me reiterate what she said :

1. No vex for MIL
2. Maybe MIL was trying to pacify or cuddle YOUR child on the bed and also fell asleep from exhaustion.
3. Maybe your bed is more comfortable than MIL e.t.c

From this your comment "Her son is nt financially bouyant so whtevr he provides 4her to lie evn mat she shld be ok wit dat" I have even drawn my conclusions.

It is well.

Mama Itissettled3 what is an advice? Advice is nt by age as u claim. Go back and read ifyalways comment, read dat of annieh, zannie, etc and tell me from d tone of their write up who gv d advice. Check d time am posting dis, i just finish bathing my lo while dh is helping wit tyding up. So wht wil b ur conclusion? If u hd read her comment properly, then u will knw y i said dh is nt financially bouyant Sleep dey my eyes i no dey c clear com talk of to c the line u hv drawn.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 11:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
E don do naaa
U people should run PT o
Ayam suspecting u all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by heroinqc(f): 12:02am On Nov 05, 2017
tinutunde:

Dear sister,please try and take it easy with mama,think of the sacrifice she made to assist you in taking care of your baby,she left the comfort of her home just to be with you,know that its just for a while..dont worry,you will soon have your dh,ur bed and your home to yourself alone.kisses
that is d more reason i hv nt complained evn2 dh. Bt dat wil nt stop me from xpressing hw i feel hr. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by richdaflux: 6:28am On Nov 05, 2017
Thank you everyone for the wishes. Straight to my secondhand BS. I know this doesn't come often. Anyway, here it goes...

We TTCed for about a year and half before God answered our prayers. Details of that is in my previous posts on TTC thread. If you haven't gone through a conscious delay in conception, especially, first conception that leads to childbirth, you are unlikely to grasp what TTC couples go through.

The bfp came when we least expected it. In fact, confirming it at the test center was adrenaline x1000. Eventually, we did and got our joy. As a husband, my DW's pregnancy journey was a uphill task o. She had MS from day 1 till the end. Her food itinerary was basically eba and fufu, as nothing she ate stayed long enough in her stomach to be considered as food. She also had heart burn, where she constantly needed to take mistmag to suppress it. For this reason, she ate very low peppery diets all through. In fact, her main soups were ogbono and ewedu. Each time we go out to eat something different, I always have to lick out her meat before she eats, since the vendors usually cook their meat with the main soup.

At a point, she had haemorrhoids. Did sitz baths to ease the pain she was going through. Then during the 6th month or there about, she had suspected appendicitis, which was taken care of through bombardment of antibiotics and as God would have it, the pain subsided, and she didn't complain about it, even till date.

As the pregnancy progressed, i could sense she was tired of the pregnancy and at the same time scared, especially at the tail end. She lost her mucus plug unknown to her. I was about having my bath after she was done with hers when I saw a huge "kelebe" on the floor. Asked if she "ha kelebe" in the bathroom, she said No. Anyway, that was how the mucus plug came off. Note that she had been having contractions since the 38th week. This progressed and the intensity equally increased, but never to the point where doctors call active labour. Her dilation was stuck at 2cm when we noticed she had started leaking. At first we thought it was urine, since she urinated on per second billing. This was our undoing, as we ought to have reported the issue. We were expecting a burst, but I guess hers was the type that trickles. The leakage increased, and had to inform the gynae, who in turn asked us to report immediately we notice any form of leakage. Anyway, I told him we've been experiencing the leakage for about 2days, whereas, truthfully, it has gone on for about 2weeks, that is since 38weeks.

Remember the fear I told you about, even at this point, she still wanted to go back home, while hoping the doctor will discharge her asap. Do I mention she worked till the Friday she was admitted? Unfortunately for her, gynae gave us two options, induction or Caesarean. He also advised that considering the size of the baby and my wife's body frame, the induction might be unsuccessful, which could eventually lead to an emergency CS. This I felt why allow my wife suffer twice, if induction fails. As per baby weight, the weight gain was astronomical, just last week, she was only 2.8kg , this week the baby became 3.7kg, and just two days after, it was discovered to have risen to 3.9kg.

We decided to have the surgery done, but the transition from her leaving with the nurses to the delivery room till when she was wheeled back to the ward was the longest minutes of my life. Perhaps, I would've requested to go in with them, but I sincerely don't know what my reactions would be. I hope I would've even allowed the doctor touch her. While waiting, I understood what it meant to be going up and down, as seen in the movies, while checking every entrance point. Trust me, I was not a boss on this day.

Sucour finally came when our daughter was brought in and being cleaned up, but believe me, my wife's condition was equally important, (don't wanna say "more important), so no rest yet. Minutes later, wifey was wheeled in still unconscious. I was happy, but unlike many fathers, the happiness was a short one, as all I could see were a huge responsibility given to us by God, which we cannot fail in, while He supports us.

The paediatrician came in later to announce to us that our delay in reporting to the hospital might have caused sepsis for the baby, and would stay for 10 days. However, baby looks very healthy, eats well, not pale and very active. Anyways, blood samples have been taken, and until the results comes out, we are considering going home with her, as soon as DW is discharged.

72 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2017
richdaflux:
Thank you everyone for the wishes. Straight to my secondhand BS. I know this doesn't come often. Anyway, here it goes...

We TTCed for about a year and half before God answered our prayers. Details of that is in my previous posts on TTC thread. If you haven't gone through a conscious delay in conception, especially, first conception that leads to childbirth, you are unlikely to grasp what TTC couples go through.

The bfp came when we least expected it. In fact, confirming it at the test center was adrenaline x1000. Eventually, we did and got our joy. As a husband, my DW's pregnancy journey was a uphill task o. She had MS from day 1 till the end. Her food itinerary was basically eba and fufu, as nothing she ate stayed long enough in her stomach to be considered as food. She also had heart burn, where she constantly needed to take mistmag to suppress it. For this reason, she ate very low peppery diets all through. In fact, her main soups were ogbono and ewedu. Each time we go out to eat something different, I always have to lick out her meat before she eats, since the vendors usually cook their meat with the main soup.

At a point, she had haemorrhoids. Did sitz baths to ease the pain she was going through. Then during the 6th month or there about, she had suspected appendicitis, which was taken care of through bombardment of antibiotics and as God would have it, the pain subsided, and she didn't complain about it, even till date.

As the pregnancy progressed, i could sense she was tired of the pregnancy and at the same time scared, especially at the tail end. She lost her mucus plug unknown to her. I was about having my bath after she was done with hers when I saw a huge "kelebe" on the floor. Asked if she "ha kelebe" in the bathroom, she said No. Anyway, that was how the mucus plug came off. Note that she had been having contractions since the 38th week. This progressed and the intensity equally increased, but never to the point where doctors call active labour. Her dilation was stuck at 2cm when we noticed she had started leaking. At first we thought it was urine, since she urinated on per second billing. This was our undoing, as we ought to have reported the issue. We were expecting a burst, but I guess hers was the type that trickles. The leakage increased, and had to inform the gynae, who in turn asked us to report immediately we notice any form of leakage. Anyway, I told him we've been experiencing the leakage for about 2days, whereas, truthfully, it has gone on for about 2weeks, that is since 38weeks.

Remember the fear I told you about, even at this point, she still wanted to go back home, while hoping the doctor will discharge her asap. Do I mention she worked till the Friday she was admitted? Unfortunately for her, gynae gave us two options, induction or Caesarean. He also advised that considering the size of the baby and my wife's body frame, the induction might be unsuccessful, which could eventually lead to an emergency CS. This I felt why allow my wife suffer twice, if induction fails. As per baby weight, the weight gain was astronomical, just last week, she was only 2.8kg last week, this week the baby became 3.7kg, and just two days after, it was discovered to have risen to 3.9kg.

We decided to have the surgery done, but the transition from her leaving with the nurses to the delivery room till when she was wheeled back to the ward was the longest minutes of my life. Perhaps, I would've requested to go in with them, but I sincerely don't know what my reactions would be. I hope I would've even allowed the doctor touch her. While waiting, I understood what it meant to be going up and down, as seen in the movies, while checking every entrance point. Trust me, I was not a boss on this day.

Sucour finally came when my daughter was brought in and being cleaned up, but trust me, my wife's condition was equally important, (don't wanna say "more important), so no rest yet. Minutes later, wifey was wheeled in still unconscious. I was happy, but unlike many fathers, the happiness was a short one, as all I could see were a huge responsibility given to me by God, which I cannot fail in, while He supports us.

The paediatrician came in later to announce to us that our delay in reporting to the hospital might have caused sepsis for the baby, and would stay for 10 days. However, baby looks very healthy, eats well, not pale and very active. Anyways, blood samples have been taken, and until the results comes out, we are considering going home with her, as soon as DW is discharged.

Congrats sir, your Joy shall be permanent In Jesus name..amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by babylove01: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2017
richdaflux:

Remember the fear I told you about, even at this point, she still wanted to go back home, while hoping the doctor will discharge her asap. Do I mention she worked till the Friday she was admitted? Unfortunately for her, gynae gave us two options, induction or Caesarean. He also advised that considering the size of the baby and my wife's body frame, the induction might be unsuccessful, which could eventually lead to an emergency CS. This I felt why allow my wife suffer twice, if induction fails. As per baby weight, the weight gain was astronomical, just last week, she was only 2.8kg , this week the baby became 3.7kg, and just two days after, it was discovered to have risen to 3.9kg.

Sucour finally came when my daughter was brought in and being cleaned up, but believe me, my wife's condition was equally important, (don't wanna say "more important), so no rest yet. Minutes later, wifey was wheeled in still unconscious. I was happy, but unlike many fathers, the happiness was a short one, as all I could see were a huge responsibility given to me by God, which I cannot fail in, while He supports us.

Congratulations and thank God for the health of mother and child

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2017
Congrats sir richdaflux. I love love your BS. Thanks for sharing. I smiled at 'the longest minutes of your life'. grin I could imagine you pacing upandan like in the movies. cheesy Thank God it ended in praise. Congrats on your bundle of joy. Speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:52am On Nov 05, 2017
richdaflux:

ults comes out, we are considering going home with her, as soon as DW is discharged.

grin
So you were the official meat licker cheesy

Congratulations sir
Welcome to parenthood

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3765) (3766) (3767) (3768) (3769) (3770) (3771) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.