Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3876) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147093 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3873) (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
North East

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
North West

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forlahkhe: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
Chai....anywhere a finster dey, u go know....I see u my sister#proudlyafinster#
.....to ur question, i also want to read d response frm sabi mamas because i av been thinking of ELECTIVE CS bt because of big tummy, i may have to drop d idea.
imurboss:
Good morning all mamas it's been a while. Congratulations to all mamas that has just delivered and to those still waddling,may He grant you a supernatural one,amen. To my October team, how vigilante grin

Pls mamas that had CS how did we get back our flat tummies & how long did it take to achieve that. Just when I thought my tummy is going down, I decided to go to the market one weekend & when I joined the brt queue on my way back. People I met on the queue asked me not to join the queue but rather go to the front and board since I'm preggy shocked & before I could explain myself others on the queue joined to say I don't need to stress myself by queing, I should just go straight to the front, I didn't even know whether to start crying or laughing sef but when they insisted i just accepted that i'm preggy & that was how i jumped queue that day o chai! Upon all the peppersoup & hot water I dey drink na ao my village people take embarass me that day o, abeg na only me waka come for this one,make una help una sis o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pacypatty(f): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
esha01:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
Alhamdulillah Rabbil Alamin.
My prince charming made his grand entrance on d 22nd around 5pm weighing 3.8kg, through emergency cs.
D network in d hospital is very bad, just decided to log in now and luckily I can post.
Congrats to d mamas dat ve delivered their lo, to d remaining mamas, may u all deliver successfully.
Cc Cappo Anugod . Tnx for d mention.
Will submit my bs after leaving d hospital.

Congratulations ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
thank you very much mama's booqee,am much better myself. Goldenheart002 & zaynie for the recipe... Goldenheart002, I believe you're enjoying your leave.. begi begi is nor good oooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolubej: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
I am sorry to derail abit though i have also asked in the education section and no one has answered

Please who has any info about admission into PDGE in UniAbuja
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Good day great mamas in the house.
Please i have questions
1. Can i take malaria drug at 15weeks because that is when i will be saying my Dr next.
2. Which one is safe to take btw Fansidar and chloroquine

Thank you.
Cc: Zaynie, Soonest and all sabi mamas in the house.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fertilewomb: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
Sorry ladies for the derail.

@yetty002 pls reply my Pms. I want to verify something from you thanks.

happy bumping to you all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
4realwoman:
Please i have questions
1. Can i take malaria drug at 15weeks because that is when i will be saying my Dr next.

Thank you.
Cc: and all sabi mamas in the house.

Please mama I won't advice you to self medicate, just see your doctor, run malaria test and he'll give you the drugs to take. Chloroquine is good but what if you react to it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
4realwoman:
Please i have questions

Thank you.
Cc: Zaynie, Soonest and all sabi mamas in the house.

Soonest will answer you.
I do know antimalarials are first given after you must have started feeling slight kicks from your baby or up to 20weeks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
FloraEC:

Please mama I won't advice you to self medicate, just see your doctor, run malaria test and he'll give you the drugs to take. Chloroquine is good but what if you react to it.
my dr said on my next appointment that i will be given malaria drugs and he also mentioned fansidar or chloroquine so i just wanted to kw if it is safe at 15weeks. I cant self medicate after what i went thru oo grin. Thanks n hope you are good?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2017
zaynie:

Soonest will answer you.
I do know antimalarials are first given after you must have started feeling slight kicks from your baby or up to 20weeks.
okay thank you very much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 5:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
zaynie:

Lol....
I don't have any solutions, Just came in to laugh at you cheesy

grin grin grin let me finish the laughter for u grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
forlahkhe:
.....to ur question, i also want to read d response frm sabi mamas because i av been thinking of ELECTIVE CS bt because of big tummy, i may have to drop d idea.

Lol! Exercises and wearing the post partum belt from 12wks helps..... I see u sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
4realwoman:
my dr said on my next appointment that i will be given malaria drugs and he also mentioned fansidar or chloroquine so i just wanted to kw if it is safe at 15weeks. I cant self medicate after what i went thru oo grin. Thanks n hope you are good?

Dunno if fansidar is safe at 15weeks cos is still first trimester, I know of chloroquine but they will give you piriton in case of allergy. Maybe ma'am soonest will help you out. We're good dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
FloraEC:

Dunno if fansidar is safe at 15weeks cos is still first trimester, I know of chloroquine but they will give you piriton in case of allergy. Maybe ma'am soonest will help you out. We're good dear
thank you ma'am and good to kw that you are good. Let me wait for ma'am soonest then.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
Lilliesbud12:
thank you very much mama's booqee,am much better myself. Goldenheart002 & zaynie for the recipe... Goldenheart002, I believe you're enjoying your leave.. begi begi is nor good oooo.

Leave (leaf) is sweet my sis, hubby is also on small leave grin
Nor lemme cry on ur neck oh, wire me d toasted bread kia kia
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2017
zaynie:

Rock hard is head.
i thought as much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
bolubej:
I am sorry to derail abit though i have also asked in the education section and no one has answered

Please who has any info about admission into PDGE in UniAbuja

I don't know but I can help u find out, not tonight sha till tomorrow. Hope it isn't urgent
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2017
esha01:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
My prince charming made his grand entrance on d 22nd around 5pm weighing 3.8kg, through emergency cs.
D network in d hospital is very bad, just decided to log in now and luckily I can post.
Congrats to d mamas dat ve delivered their lo, to d remaining mamas, may u all deliver successfully.
Cc Cappo Anugod . Tnx for d mention.
Will submit my bs after leaving d hospital.
Congratulations MA. Quick recovery to you and God bless your lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by veedboss: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
forlahkhe:

Babe I used mint leaves +ginger+ lemon soaked in water to get back in shape. It works magic

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
Cc dunasy

Na real ultimate search you give me
Wehdone ma

jazzyjazz:

Baby list - edit as you wish 

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore Tips (lanolin-based is best)
Breast pad. Lansino or tommy tippe brand.

Formula feeding
Lots of bibsml 
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with Tips
6 eight-ounce bottles with Tips
Bottle and Tip brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Baby rocker
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

Hope we have started shopping? Don't forget to group your items so you don't miss out anything. Example:
1. Diapering - Diapers(disposable or reusable), wipes, diaper cream (vaseline, sudocream, desitin)
2. Bath time essentials - wash cloths, body wash, lotion, baby oil, hair oil, towels, bath set, alcohol i.e. methylated spirit(for umblical cord cleaning)
3. Feeding - breast feeding essentials (breast pump, breast pads, nursing bra, milk storage bottles), baby formula, bibs, bottle feeding essentials (bottles, sterilizer-microwave or electric; hot water flask)
4. Clothing - onesies (bodysuits and sleepsuits), nice clothes, hair accessories for baby girls, socks, mittens, blanket, flannels
5. Gears - Car seat, swings
6. Furniture - baby cot, beddings

7 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thotianna: 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
veedboss:
[color=#006600][/color]
Babe I used mint leaves +ginger+ lemon soaked in water to get back in shape. It works magic

I heard this combo is not too good for new borns if it filters into breastmilk.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bolubej: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nimi22:

I don't know but I can help u find out, not tonight sha till tomorrow. Hope it isn't urgent

WOW! You just made my night. I'd appreciate it. Its not urgent. I'd wait..I need to know the following

1. Duration
2.Cost
3.When next they are admitting
4.Procedure for a student thats transfering from another school
And any other info that you feel its important to no.
Choo kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ogoman(m): 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 1:32am On Nov 25, 2017
gandyluv:
I have really misd this place.. how is everyone??
Weldon to every mama putting effort to make this
forum accommodating,may God bless u all...
those expecting,may the Almighty see u thru..
those that have given birth,May God bless and
protect ur babies..I really admire the love been shared hia..

team Oct 2016 I de hail..hope our bundle of joy are doing great??may God bless and protect them..

feddy..27 how are u and the kids??

Hey teamie, it's so good to hear from you. The kids and I are doing great. How are you and yours?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 6:14am On Nov 25, 2017
esha01:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
Congratulations Momma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 6:14am On Nov 25, 2017
Thanking God for the journey so far......we're 2months today. Mamas, meet JEFFREY & JASON.

41 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 6:41am On Nov 25, 2017
kiss kiss God bless them.
So cute.

imurboss:
Thanking God for the journey so far......we're 2months today. Mamas, meet JEFFREY & JASON.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happymummy(f): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2017
imurboss:
Adorable babies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2017
Make una no vex o..... Na sleep carry me go at 9.45pm

So I'm going to use what I got this morning but if you were watching the votes as at 10pm, please kindly correct me.

Week 1- South East (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo)

Week 2- South South (Akwa Ibom, Cross River,Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Edo)

Week 3- South West ( Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo)

Week 4- North Central (Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Federal Capital Territory)

Week 5- North East (Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe)

Week 6- North West (Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara)

Oya all my South Eastern mamas, roll out the recipes and delicious yummy foods..... No let these preggies cry o tongue

Me I am looking out for Oha soup o

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:18am On Nov 25, 2017
imurboss:

Awon fresh boys kiss
God bless you both kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (3873) (3874) (3875) (3876) (3877) (3878) (3879) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.