Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (3924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145225 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3921) (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) (3926) (3927) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydeporch(f): 10:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
Thanks mamas for d birthday wishes. Dont mind us, he don get mark for cheek. I just dont av answers when people ask me cos i feel bad abt it already. Always wish i could reverse it.
Rollykotex - Amen. thanks so much ma. Ire a kari by Gods grace. Awaiting ur good news too. This time next year, its gonna be a great different story.... just be getting ready mama...hope waddling dey go well well.it is well wt u.
Tallar. Thanks and congrats on delivery of ur baby. May the new baby be a source of blessing nd great testimony to ur family....
Kelizosuy - thanks ma.
Beyedew- thanks so much. Amen.how are u doing ma nd d kids.
Wemmy017 - thanks mama. Amen. Yes o , finally it yaff loaded cheesy wink
Thanks all. Glad i could get to share dis pics today.

December mamas... wishing the remaining mamas safe delivery. There shall be no loss of any kind and as this year is running to an end, we all shall sing songs of victory saying
"I got the victory Halleluyah....

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2017
Recipe for making Ukang

Ingredients

3 whole medium size Smoked fish( silver cat fish or Shinny nose)

1 teaspoon dry Pepper

1/2 – 1 cooking spoon Scotch Bonnet Pepper(coarsely ground)

3 cups finely sliced Scent leaf( Ntong/Effirin/Nchawun)

2 tables spoon ground Crayfish

21/2 cups Palm Oil ( you can use more or less)

Seasoning cube to taste

Water

Method

Add about 2-3 cups of water, dry pepper,crayfsh, seasoning and bring to boil for about 3 minutesWash fish and add to the pot to cook and soften. Add a little scent leaf to help flavour the fish. Shake pot to allow the sauce cover the fish.Fish should be cooked till water is almost dry.Add the palm oil and cook for 1 minute. To prevent the fish from breaking, scoop the oil and and pour over the fish continuallyAdd the remaining scent leaf and cook for 2-3 minutes or until vegetable is cooked and wiltedServed with boiled yam or plantain

Photo from Google

10 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 10:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Pls to all sabi mamas I greet u all, it's been awhile, sure have missed a lot so many pages to read but don't think I can catch up........... Did my obstetric scan few days ago everything is normal but d baby is in "breech presentation " at 27wks, pls will d baby still turn?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2017
How to prepare Ekpang Nkukwuo

Before you cook the Nigerian Ekpang Nkwukwo

Rinse and cook the beef, offals and dry fish with the seasoning till done.Peel, wash and grate the cocoyam and water yam (if you will be using this). Mix the two together and set aside.Prepare the pot by rubbing a generous amount of red palm oil on the insides of the pot.Rinse the tender cocoyam leaves and tear into medium pieces. If using pumpkin leaves, wash these and set aside.Blend the pepper and crayfish and set aside.Wash the shelled or unshelled periwinkles.Rinse and slice the scent leaves into tiny pieces.

Cooking directions for Nigerian Ekpang Nkwukwo

If you will be using unshelled periwinkles, place these at the base of the well-oiled pot.Scoop a small quantity of the grated cocoyam into a piece of the torn cocoyam leaf or one pumpkin leaf. Wrap the cocoyam with the leaf and place in the pot. Repeat this procedure till all the grated cocoyam (and water yam) is exhausted.Add the pepper, crayfish, onions, shelled periwinkles and assorted beef.Add hot water to the level of the pot contents and set to cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.Now, add the scent leaves, a generous amount of palm oil and salt to taste. Cook for more 5 minutes and the Ekpang Nkwukwo is done.Leave to stand for 5 minutes and stir.

That's how to cook the Nigerian Ekpang Nkwukwo.

Google pics

11 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 10:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
How to prepare Nkpafere soup (Oha soup)

Ingredients

1 small bunch Nkpa leaves (Oha leaves)
1 tablespoonful ground Ofo
8 pieces Beef

10 pieces Pomo

2 pieces Smoked Fish

1-2 chunks Stock Fish

1/2 cup Periwinkle in shell

Yellow Cameroun Pepper to taste

2 table spoons ground Crayfish

8-10 pieces smoked Prawns

3 cooking spoons Palm Oil

Small pieces Uyayak or Adian fruit (about the size of a table spoon head)

Seasoning cube to taste

Method

Wash, season the beef, pomo and stockfish with pepper, seasoning cube and salt and allow to marinade for about 15 minutes. Steam the meats in the beef juice till dry, then add water and cook till soft. Check the Pomo and stock fish as the meat meats cook and take out when softPick the leaves, wash and shred with your hands into large chunks. I understand that using a knife to chop the vegetable makes it bitter. I have never tested this so I don’t know if this is true.When meat is cooked, add water enough to cook the soup.  Add some more pepper at this stage if you prefer your soup hot. The quantity of water that will give a good consistency to the soup with the quantity of ofo in the recipe is about 5-6 cups of water. It is advisable to have extra ofo in case you need to thicken the soup further.Add crayfish, smoked prawns, periwinkle and Uyayak to the soup and bring to boil for about 5 minsAdd the palm oil and boil for 5 minutesReduce heat of the burner, add a little cold water to the pot to reduce the temperature of the soup water and quickly add the ground ofo and stir fast to dissolve the powder it in the soup. If the water is hot and boiling the ofo tends to form lumps.Raise heat back and allow soup to boil for about 3 minutes and thicken. Taste and correct seasoningAdd the Nkpa stir and cook for about 1 minute and turn off the heat. The heat of the soup will continue to cook the vegetable.Serve with swallow of choice, pounded yam or Eba.

13 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
Water-yam on its own does nothing for the taste buds,
but by the time you add in some fish, palm oil and pepper, your taste buds will thank you for it.

So for an ‘adventureful’ time in your kitchen , whip up your cooking tools and get started already!

Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Serves: 2

Ingredients: 1/4 medium size water yam

Pieces of beef, cut in small chunks

1 cup pieces smoked fish

1/2 cup smoked Prawns (dressed)

11/2 cooking spoons palm oil

1 tablespoon chopped effirin or scent leaves

Dried pepper to taste

Seasoning to taste

Salt to taste

Cooking Method: Peel, wash, cut in big chunks and grate the water yam ( you can use a food processor). Add a little salt.

Season and steam the meat with onion, pepper, salt, seasoning, then cook.

When meat is cooked add the smoked fish, prawns and seasoning,  some more water and cook for about 3 minutes.

Add the palm oil and cook for 5 minutes.

Using your hand drop the water yam  paste in small balls into the pot. Make sure to leave some space between the balls to give enough room for the stock to boil up and cook the water yam.

Reduce the flame to a low burn to allow the water yam  balls cook through. Do not stir immediately . If need be, rock or shake the pot to free the water yam to cook.

When cooked the balls are translucent  And the sauce thickens.
When the balls are set on the outside you may use a wooden spoon to stir the pottage, avoid squashing the balls.

Taste for salt , add the effirin leaves, cook for 2mins

13 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
How to make Editan soup

Ingredients

1 Big bunch of Editan leavesGenerous amount water leavesA handful oduza (oziza) leaves 1kg of beef meat, goat or assorted meat1 medium stock fish head 2 Medium size smoked fish or dried fishsnails (8 medium size (optional)1 Tin cup grounded crayfish2 Cups of periwinkles4 Scotch bonnet pepper25 Cl palm oil4 Seasoning cubes1 Ball onionSalt to taste

Shredded editan with chopped water leaf

Directions on how to prepare editan soup with water leaves 

Since the meat is already cooked, add 1 cup of water to the meat and allow it to boil. When the water starts to boil, Add the wash smoked fish to the pot. Make sure you don’t add it with the meat to cook because the heat will break them down till you can’t find them anymore.Add palm oil, crayfish, seasoning cubes, pepper traditional ingredients (okpei), stir and let it cook for 5 minutes.Add the shredded water leaves or chopped okro to the pot on heat.Add the already washed editan leaves and uziza leaves (odusa leaves) without stirring, cover the pot and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Uziza leaves give a unique flavour to editan soup, you can as well substitute with the uziza seeds.Open the pot and stir the soup properly and allow it on a low heat for 5 more minutes.Taste for salt and seasonings, put of the heat and bring down the soup.

Your editan soup is ready, serve with Ekpang-iwa ,eba, fufu or semolina.

12 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
God bless you too @Beyedew. I say a big AMEN to your prayers and I trust God to give me my miracle. God bless you and keep your husband and your children.

Mummy Zaynie I'm looking at you with ogbomosho eyes ekare ma.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
How to prepare Edikangikong soup

INGREDIENTS

3 bunches of chopped pumpkin leaves (ugwu)1 bunch of water leaves3 cups beef/kpomo/shaki/goat meat2 tablespoons crayfish1/2 cup palm oil2 medium onions1 cup of periwinkles (optional)2 Knorr cubes

PREPARATION METHOD

Add the meats and boil with salt, pepper, 2 Knorr cubes and half of an onion. Boil the meats separately because of different cooking times. Cook all meats until tender and there is little to no water left in the pot. 30-50mins.Once the water is dry, add the crayfish, pepper and palm oil and stir into the meat. If using periwinkles, add them at this time and stir. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the waterleaves, stir and cook for 3 minutes.Add the pumpkin leaves (ugwu) and cook for 3 more minutes. Check for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Stir often so it does not get burned. Do not add water. The palm oil is the only liquid in this soup.Once ready serve with pounded yam, garri or semolina

12 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
How to prepare Atama soup.

Ingredients

Beef (1/2 kilo)Fresh or smoked fish (1 medium size)Cow skin (10 medium pieces)Stockfish head (1 medium head)1 cup of Periwinkle in shell1 small bunch of Atama leavesPalm fruit3 tablespoons of ground crayfishUyayak (local spice)1Knorr cube2½ litres of Water (for extraction of the oily liquid)Salt to taste.Pepper

PREPARATION METHOD

Wash periwinkles thoroughly. Then Wash and boil the palm fruits for about 30 minutes. Strain off the water and pound the palm fruit until the pulp/fibre separates from the nuts.Boil some clean water and add to the pounded palm fruit and mix thoroughly to separate the oily extract from the rest of the pulp, then strain off the oily extract.Wash, cut up and season your meat with salt, Knorr cube and small pepper, then steam for about 5 minutes on low heat. Then add about 1½ cups of water and the stockfish head and continue boiling for about 20 minutes till the meat is almost cooked, and remove from heat.Cut the Atama leaves into very fine pieces. Pound them for about 10 minutes till the leaves are finely pounded. Then place the oily extract on the burner and allow to boil for about 5 minutes to remove all moisture.Add cooked meat and washed smoked fish, meat stock, periwinkle, crayfish, pepper and Knorr and Uyayak. Stir and allow to boil for about 10 minutes. Add the atama leaves and boil without stirring for another 10 minutes. Stir and add salt to tast.Allow to simmer for another 15 –10 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat and your Atama soup is ready! Serve with any swallow of choice.

10 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2017
Sorry it's coming late
Na network things.

plus head full

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:03am On Dec 10, 2017
Choi!
I was just coming in to yab SS mamas but Proudmum has bailed you guys out. Your soups are wonderful!
I just dey share dey go, one day na one day.
Welldone Proudmum, Kelli and Jazzy and Bella
The other people, una do well. angry

But my Calabar peeps, I no see any dog peppersoup here o. tongue

PicksRace

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 10, 2017
Hiii

Please i need a review on royan hospital in ojodu berger..how's their medical service like especially maternity clinic?

Please don't jump and pass..its quite important and urgent. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 2:23am On Dec 10, 2017
booqee:
Hiii

Please i need a review on royan hospital in ojodu berger..how's their medical service like especially maternity clinic?

No go area for royan oooooooooooo. U can still try solid rock at akinsanya street, behind that RCCG.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 4:36am On Dec 10, 2017
booqee:
Hiii

I use royan hospital and their service has been great so far. That Im very sure about. My sis had my niece there early in the year.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Bloomingbud:

Hello ma'am.

Sorry to bother you, the contration started few hours after the drip and I was ask to continue with salbutalmo tabs, now I'm back on drip and it has stopped again. Pls what could be responsible for this, I'm so tired.

Its preterm contraction and i see you are carrying multiples. Salbutamol is holding it in check and the drip form of it works faster and better than the tablet. We pray it finally subsides with or without the salbutamol drip so that you can be switched back to the tablets. It's well with you and your babies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ilyfavoured: 5:23am On Dec 10, 2017
Ilyfavoured:
Congratulations to all mamas that have given birth. May your joy over them be full always.

Any mama with breech baby at 37 weeks? What was/is your experience? Did baby turn before labour started?[/b]

Anybody, Somebody? Awaiting response please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 6:14am On Dec 10, 2017
[quote author=booqee post=63139134]Hiii

Please don't jump and pass..its quite important and urgent. Thanks[/quote

Royan is very good. Thats the private hospital I use alongside general hospital and this is my third baby, I have never had issues with them though I do give birth at the general hospital. The owner Dr Akinola is the head gynea at lasuth even his wife who owns scan care is also the head in hers too.
To me solid rock hospital is a NOO.
Make your enquiries well and know which one will suit you. In all the koko is for Baba God to be involved.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 8:12am On Dec 10, 2017
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 10, 2017
Aha Zay, shey you no see my plantain and egg ni grin
zaynie:
Choi!
I was just coming in to yab SS mamas but Proudmum has bailed you guys out. Your soups are wonderful!
I just dey share dey go, one day na one day.
Welldone Proudmum and Jazzy and Bella
The other people, una do well. angry

But my Calabar peeps, I no see any dog peppersoup here o. tongue

PicksRace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beautifulrosa: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2017
lady25 and YorubaWoman how are u guys doing this morning?
And all other december mamas.
The nausea is jus too much for me coupled with serious moodiness and irritability.
So i say lemme kuku stay at home before i go and slap someones face in church today.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 8:39am On Dec 10, 2017
Ahhh, proudmom38 you vex ooo. I don learn plenty calabar soups. Thanks dear. And thank you to all mamas that posted yesterday. FloraEC, hope you have copied down plentifully cheesy.

E remain to whine waist like them cheesy.
#picksrace.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2017
Bloomingbud:

Hello ma'am.

Sorry to bother you, the contration started few hours after the drip and I was ask to continue with salbutalmo tabs, now I'm back on drip and it has stopped again. Pls what could be responsible for this, I'm so tired.

I started contracting at 23weeks and there's nothing the doctors did not try to stop it, it will only stop for a day or two after being given pain relief injection and it continues like that till 29weeks, I mean everyday that once it started I will be rolling and crying and today we are 34wks+ so I will say rest well, takes lots of water and erase fear. It is well with you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2017
booqee:
Hiii

I will go for Royan, have used the two hospitals before but Royan is better although they are more expensive.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 8:58am On Dec 10, 2017
miraclefromGod:

I started contracting at 23weeks and there's nothing the doctors did not try to stop it, it will only stop for a day or two after being given pain relief injection and it continues like that till 29weeks, I mean everyday that once it started I will be rolling and crying and today we are 34wks+ so I will say rest well, takes lots of water and erase fear. It is well with you

Wow, so you mean you still contract up till now and they could not do anything about it? Mine is not even painful at all just the hardening and it's quiet frequent. I know it will surely stop and I'll carry to term by his grace.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 8:59am On Dec 10, 2017
soonest:

Its preterm contraction and i see you are carrying multiples. Salbutamol is holding it in check and the drip form of it works faster and better than the tablet. We pray it finally subsides with or without the salbutamol drip so that you can be switched back to the tablets. It's well with you and your babies.

Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2017
booqee:
Hiii

My aunt uses royan for her kids and gave good reviews about them yesterday same with my colleague so I think they are ok.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2017
rhukkie. Good morning, did the hardening stop after your doc placed on nifedipine or it still comes sometimes? Please I'll like to know.

rollykotex please I'll like to know for how long you felt it too before it stopped.

Thanks teamies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclefromGod: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2017
Bloomingbud:

Wow, so you mean you still contract up till now and they could not do anything about it? Mine is not even painful at all just the hardening and it's quiet frequent. I know it will surely stop and I'll carry to term by his grace.
Thank you.

No it stopped on its own at 29weeks and we are 34wks+ with no feeling of contraction
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2017
miraclefromGod:

No it stopped on its own at 29weeks and we are 34wks+ with no feeling of contraction

Ok. Congratulations ma'am. Safe delivery to you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:26am On Dec 10, 2017
Naomi14:
Aha Zay, shey you no see my plantain and egg ni grin

Gives her the turkey eye.
Plantain and egg is a SouthSouth meal bah? undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 9:55am On Dec 10, 2017
Erm u did not see my peppersoup too?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
zaynie:

Gives her the turkey eye.
Plantain and egg is a SouthSouth meal bah? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (3921) (3922) (3923) (3924) (3925) (3926) (3927) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.