Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142463 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) (4092) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2018
booqee:
thank you, how was the pain like? I've been so worried since soonest and even Google says it's easier and more successful for experienced mums than ftm.
nothing good comes easy,, it's painful, yes bur not what you cannot handle, dat was what i kept telling myself cos i needed a relaxed and a positive mind ,,i kept saying that since pipo hv done it before, i cn do it,,. nd trust me,, u dont need all dat thinking right now because of ur pb.... wishing u success dear.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lilliesbud12: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike:
[.

I've been low key scared but I'm sure God got my back. I pray for supernatural VD delivery for us all. Me, I don't want CS in Jesus name.. But let God have his way.
I say a big Amenn.let me relax and remove the fear small.

I would have waka pass cos a lot has been said already. I am a woman of very strong faith too. Hmm.. since doctor said ur Amniotic fluid is already reducing at 37 wks coupled with hbp... induction "may" pls I didn't say won't.. not work leading to Emergency CS which is always not easy except ur doctor planned alongside for it,the stress it even causes to the mother et al... in this case... go back, check again & follow ur doctors advice.. Elective, planned CS esp when there are known issues such as reduced amniotic fluids,etc is always better than Emergency CS.. talking from experience... thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

I would have waka pass cos a lot has been said already. I am a woman of very strong faith too. Hmm.. since doctor said ur Amniotic fluid is already reducing at 37 wks coupled with hbp... induction "may" pls I didn't say won't.. not work leading to Emergency CS which is always not easy except ur doctor planned alongside for it,the stress it even causes to the mother et al... in this case... go back, check again & follow ur doctors advice.. Elective, planned CS esp when there are known issues such as reduced amniotic fluids,etc is always better than Emergency CS.. talking from experience... thank you.
thank you so so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Maggiespecial(f): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
casler:
As a ,ftm why inducing.

I can't even carry myself anymore. Extremely tired... But I will try n wait den.... D lord is our strength

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
Good afternoon mamas...
I have catarrh and cough which started since yesterday..
Please who knows what I can use.

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 4:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
DocAdray:
BA! BA!! BA!!!
Our yummy, oyibo-pepper princess arrived this afternoon by 2pm via VD with tear weighing 3.7kg after a sharp sharp labour. It was indeed a 'Hebrew Women' delivery.
Baby, mummy and daddy all doing great and rejoicing. God will make it smooth and easy for all waddling mommas.
BS coming soon.
Cc. cappo Lioha
Halleluyah! God bless and keep your baby. Sharp sharp delivery to the rest of us in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rhukkie: 4:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
booqee:
you're a FTM abi?
Yes dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BeeBlossoms: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello maam

please did you now use aniyun or family and friends , please i need review

Kunmimum:
Amen!!!.

We are doing great... The Lord be praised. Still can't believe I am now a mum. smiley

Wishing all mamas a wonderful weekend.

Cheers

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike don't be afraid. Fear will raise your bp even higher. I agree with Lilliesbud12 about emergency Vs elective cs, cos that's the exact situation I am in right now. However, it may not come to that. Whatever happens, you will share your BA and BS and we will rejoice with you. Nothing will go wrong OK?

FexCathy darling look at the bright side, I'll be here live from 1st to 31st to receive the BAs and BSs without interruptions grin
Besides, when Jesus says yes, nobody can say no. You know na

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
MumIbeji:
Good afternoon mamas...

Thanks

Mix honey and lemon juice for the cough. 1 teaspoon of honey per lemon. Don't take any syrups for baby's sake.
As for the catarrh, get a bottle of silver bird. Put a drop on a handkerchief and inhale if your nose is blocked. If it isn't, just balance with vitamin c and let it run its course.
It will be gone in a few days.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

That was my case, high BP, with reduced amniotic fluid at 37weeks.
God help us all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
booqee:
thank you, how was the pain like? I've been so worried since soonest and even Google says it's easier and more successful for experienced mums than ftm.

Fear not mama. I was induced too
Started around 1pm when I was just a finger tip dialated , and baby arrived about 6hrs later.
Concerning the the pain, it's painful but bearable
I'm also a ftm

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 6:16pm On Feb 19, 2018
ElmaSpeed:

Mix honey and lemon juice for the cough. 1 teaspoon of honey per lemon. Don't take any syrups for baby's sake.
As for the catarrh, get a bottle of silver bird. Put a drop on a handkerchief and inhale if your nose is blocked. If it isn't, just balance with vitamin c and let it run its course.
It will be gone in a few days.
Thanks ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2018
Elmaspeed,Amenn,thank you so much.And my baby has finally stopped shakara and opened Nash.It's a Princess.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Awesomemama:

Fear not mama. I was induced too
Started around 1pm when I was just a finger tip dialated , and baby arrived about 6hrs later.
Concerning the the pain, it's painful but bearable
I'm also a ftm
thank you so much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 7:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
nnekaike:
Elmaspeed,Amenn,thank you so much.And my baby has finally stopped shakara and opened Nash.It's a Princess.

Yay!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
MumIbeji:
Good afternoon mamas...

Thanks

So sorry Momma.
Forgotten what I used wirj mine.
Just go to a reputable pharmacy, knowing your pregnancy state, you will be given something appropriate. Still research on the net again on what ever you are given though
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LegitDiva: 8:42pm On Feb 19, 2018
Captain Lioha where are you?
I'm just checking on you dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 9:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
A big thanks to everyone, my HBP is dropping gradually, no protein in urine, did another scan today which shows active fetus in Cephalic presentation (previous scan shows Breech presentation) , regular cardiac pulsation and body/limb movement , placenta is Anterior, adequate liquor for GA , FHR is 140B/M , Fetal weight is 2.938kg. D doctor asked me to stop moduretic.
Am really grateful for ur advices it really help. May we all carry to term (Amen)
boogee
patking
lessonslearned
completey
And other mamas. Thank You

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
LegitDiva:
Captain Lioha where are you?
I'm just checking on you dear

Thanks for checking on me dear
Am fine and you?
A day passed edd and no show
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nimi22(f): 9:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
Anugod:
Ahh! Lobatan. There's more to the story then. He left her as in divorce or just relocated somewhere else? Does he have kids? His wife had better be careful before she's picked up and tortured o. He had better give himself up now, it doesn't sound like he's innocent anymore. He's just a smooth operator with a completely innocent face. Nigeria Medical Association is already probing the case. May God deliver us from evil.

Separation. He has a 3 yr old gal. From what I heard about him yesterday, I'm doubting his innocence. Dh has even stopped me from talking about him says I'm doing amebo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery . How are we all doing?

Birth stories pls

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX .......5/2/18
10 Teegali ................ EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 stormie ................19/2/18 .... XX ..... .8/2/18
12 foreverjoy00 ........ March ...... XX .......9/2/18
13 Bloomingbud ...... 28/2/18.... XX, XY. 9/2/18
14 mummyjayson .....18/2/18 .. XY ....... 10/2/18 BS
15 Rhukkie .................3/2/18 .....XX ...... 13/2/18 BS
16 Sweetmommatwo.19/2/18...XX ...... 14/2/18 BS
17 completey ............ 5/2/18 .... XY ...... 15/2/18
18 curve ..................... 1/3/18 ..... ... ...... 16/2/18
19 DocAdray ...............22/2/18 .. XX ... .17/2/18
20 Angel2424 .............17/2/18... XX .... 17/2/18

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
23 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumIbeji(f): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
PatKing:

So sorry Momma.
Forgotten what I used wirj mine.
Just go to a reputable pharmacy, knowing your pregnancy state, you will be given something appropriate. Still research on the net again on what ever you are given though
Thanks my cappo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 10:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
booqee:
forgive my ignorance.. Induction doesn't necessarily mean CS right? You can be induced and still have VD? What's the possibility or percentage of VD over CS in induction. How painful is induction compared to spontaneous labour?

cc completey and other experienced mamas

Induction does not always lead to cs just like other mama's have said.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sweetmommatwo(f): 11:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
B.s Alert!
I went for my Antenatal checkup on the 13th, my gynae asked me to go get a scan done since 2weeks before baby's weight was 2.5kg and he was quite interested in monitoring the development and since I was trying for VBAC too. I reported with the scan result and baby's weight was 3.3kg already. I told him about the pains I was feeling coupled with the contractions I was having although they weren't that strong. On checking me I knew the news were not too good and he told me he was booking me for an emergency section. I begged to be scheduled for Monday (today) since its my Hubby's birthday. He told me he couldn't risk it that my first sectioned site was already very weak and the baby's head was putting too much pressure. Truth be told I was shedding tears when the site was touched, didn't even imagine the excruciating pains was from there. He eventually booked me for 15th and asked me to come in on the evening of 14th so I can sort out my work issues and maternity leave.
Around 10pm in the evening of 13th I started having serious contractions. I couldn't mention to my husband so I could try and since I didn't want to leave for the hospital on time since I wanted labour to have reached an A-okay stage, by 2am I was literally on fire with 10mins apart contractions and the pains from the first c.s site is another story. I left for the hospital around 7.30am when I couldn't bear it any longer. On getting to the hospital I was checked and good to go but they couldn't risk it, another consultant came to check me and said the site was too weak, exactly what my gynae said, I was wheeled in for an emergency C.s while still trying to get across to my Gynae and that was how God favoured us with our bundle of joy.

So sorry for any typos and long story.
Cc capt lioha
B.s submitted!

45 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=booqee post=65188631] why is it risky if for VD? What are the risk involved if at 39 weeks with high BP of 130/something? I'll appreciate ur reply

It’s possible to have high blood pressure and have a straightforward birth. But the higher your blood pressure is, the more likely it is that your doctor will want to start your labour artificially. This is called an induction.

Having an induction also depends on whether your high blood pressure is affecting your baby. Your doctor will discuss your case with you, mentioning any other complications, so that you can come to the right decision for you.

High blood pressure needs frequent monitoring during labour. If your high blood pressure is mild or moderate, you could have it measured hourly. If it’s severe, it may need to be continuously monitored and you may need to be looked after in a high dependency unit. You may also have frequent blood tests.

If you’re taking medication, you’ll need to carry on taking it during labour. Even so, it’s perfectly possible to aim for a straightforward birth, as long as your high blood pressure is well controlled during labour. Depending on how high your blood pressure is, your baby might be continuously monitored to make sure he doesn’t become distressed.

Some mums-to-be whose severe high blood pressure doesn’t respond to treatment may be offered an assisted birth. This means a doctor helps your baby to be born using instruments that attach to your baby’s head. This can speed up the second stage of labour.

In some circumstances where speed is important, your doctor may suggest a caesarean section, although your preference may still be taken into consideration, depending on you and your baby’s medical needs.

credit: babycenter

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 20, 2018
B.A

Welcomed my little angel about an hour ago via VD with cut. God is so merciful to me. We're all doing fine.

Cc lioha

99 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 7:09am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Welcomed my little angel about an hour ago via VD with cut. God is so merciful to me. We're all doing fine.

Cc lioha

What a mighty God we serve.
Congrats and welcome LO

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LegitDiva: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2018
lioha:

Thanks for checking on me dear
Am fine and you?
A day passed edd and no show

It is well my sister. My edd is on Saturday,

It shall end in praise

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:25am On Feb 20, 2018
In addition to all has been said, the only difference between induction and spontaneous labour is that spontaneous labour allows your body to adjust to a certain threshold before moving to another level while induction takes you straight.

There are many types of induction, not every one includes pitocin. Some are quite easy and they just JumpStart labour, some help you get to the finish line faster , some help to strengthen contractions as baby can't come out without strong contractions.

If you're due and no sign of labour, the induction is the easy type. Mostly its a membrane sweep plus insertion of a balloon catheter or a pill that allows your cervix to begin to dilate. Once labour commences , they leave you to progress fine.
Upon commencement if labour slowsdown or you aren't dilating fast enough or you arent contracting strong enough then you may be administered a drip containing pitocin. It makes labour faster .

When pitocin is administered to you, please be very observant. Most of the time its the wrong administration that makes it go south. It should be on a slow and steady drop so the pain isn't over board. Because for pitocin to be administered, your labour has begun and all it does is to make it faster and stronger.
I had my second child without pitocin and it took 22 hours and by the time I was 8-10cm the kind of pain I was feeling was one I can compare to at 4-6cm when I was induced the first time.
My induction failed because the nurse on duty put the drip on high speed. When I called the Dr's attention to the drip, he had to recommended morphine (which is a top anagelsic) to stop contractions totally.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:25am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Congrats Mama.
Welcome to Motherhood kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2018
Sweetmommatwo:
B.s Alert!
I went for my Antenatal checkup on the 13th, my gynae asked me to go get a scan done since 2weeks before baby's weight was 2.5kg and he was quite interested in monitoring the development and since I was trying for VBAC too. I reported with the scan result and baby's weight was 3.3kg already. I told him about the pains I was feeling coupled with the contractions I was having although they weren't that strong.

So sorry for any typos and long story.
Cc capt lioha
B.s submitted!

Congratulations once more

Birth story seen

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery . How are we all doing?

Birth stories pls

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX .......5/2/18
10 Teegali ................ EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 stormie ................19/2/18 .... XX ..... .8/2/18
12 foreverjoy00 ........ March ...... XX .......9/2/18
13 Bloomingbud ...... 28/2/18.... XX, XY. 9/2/18
14 mummyjayson .....18/2/18 .. XY ....... 10/2/18 BS
15 Rhukkie .................3/2/18 .....XX ...... 13/2/18 BS
16 Sweetmommatwo.19/2/18...XX ...... 14/2/18 BS
17 completey ............ 5/2/18 .... XY ...... 15/2/18
18 curve ..................... 1/3/18 ..... ... ...... 16/2/18
19 DocAdray ...............22/2/18 .. XX ... .17/2/18
20 Angel2424 .............17/2/18... XX .... 17/2/18

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
23 Booqee .................. 27/2/18...........XX
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?

(1) (2) (3) ... (4086) (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) (4092) ... (6955) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.