Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,483 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4090) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8131243 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) (4092) (4093) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mosunbabe(f): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Welcomed my little angel about an hour ago via VD with cut. God is so merciful to me. We're all doing fine.

Congrats ma'am
May she always be a source of joy to you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 7:30am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Welcomed my little angel about an hour ago via VD with cut. God is so merciful to me. We're all doing fine.

Cc lioha

Congratulations sis. God bless your family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2018
Sweetmommatwo:
B.s Alert!
I went for my Antenatal checkup on the 13th, my gynae asked me to go get a scan done since 2weeks before baby's weight was 2.5kg and he was quite interested in monitoring the development and since I was trying for VBAC too. I reported with the scan result and baby's weight was 3.3kg already. I told him about the pains I was feeling coupled with the contractions I was having although they weren't that strong. On checking me I knew the news were not too good and he told me he was booking me for an emergency section. I begged to be scheduled for Monday (today) since its my Hubby's birthday. He told me he couldn't risk it that my first sectioned site was already very weak and the baby's head was putting too much pressure. Truth be told I was shedding tears when the site was touched, didn't even imagine the excruciating pains was from there. He eventually booked me for 15th and asked me to come in on the evening of 14th so I can sort out my work issues and maternity leave.
Around 10pm in the evening of 13th I started having serious contractions. I couldn't mention to my husband so I could try and since I didn't want to leave for the hospital on time since I wanted labour to have reached an A-okay stage, by 2am I was literally on fire with 10mins apart contractions and the pains from the first c.s site is another story. I left for the hospital around 7.30am when I couldn't bear it any longer. On getting to the hospital I was checked and good to go but they couldn't risk it, another consultant came to check me and said the site was too weak, exactly what my gynae said, I was wheeled in for an emergency C.s while still trying to get across to my Gynae and that was how God favoured us with our bundle of joy.

So sorry for any typos and long story.
Cc capt lioha
B.s submitted!

Congrats mama .
If I may ask, how far apart was your first pregnancy with the second one?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
congrats,God bless your baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Wow congratulations

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery . How are we all doing?

Birth stories pls

PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX .......5/2/18
10 Teegali ................ EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 stormie ................19/2/18 .... XX ..... .8/2/18
12 foreverjoy00 ........ March ...... XX .......9/2/18
13 Bloomingbud ...... 28/2/18.... XX, XY. 9/2/18
14 mummyjayson .....18/2/18 .. XY ....... 10/2/18 BS
15 Rhukkie .................3/2/18 .....XX ...... 13/2/18 BS
16 Sweetmommatwo.19/2/18...XX ...... 14/2/18 BS
17 completey ............ 5/2/18 .... XY ...... 15/2/18
18 curve ..................... 1/3/18 ..... ... ...... 16/2/18
19 DocAdray ...............22/2/18 .. XX ... .17/2/18
20 Angel2424 .............17/2/18... XX .... 17/2/18
21 Booqee ................. 27/2/18....XX .... 20/2/18

08 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY
12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
17 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ........XY
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
27 Droyal .....................EDD?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:46am On Feb 20, 2018
LegitDiva:

It is well my sister. My edd is on Saturday,

It shall end in praise

Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NIFES(f): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Congratulations ma'am.
God bless the baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Our ms queen tongue welcome lil angel. May you be favored

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anistef: 8:01am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

congratulations dear. congrats to al who have giving birth to dia babies.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2018
Congrats!
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 8:09am On Feb 20, 2018
Mcperry how are you doing? Have not heard from you for some time now.

Checking on you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 8:19am On Feb 20, 2018
Happychildlove:
A big thanks to everyone, my HBP is dropping gradually, no protein in urine, did another scan today which shows active fetus in Cephalic presentation

Thank God.
So happy to hear this.
We will land safely.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
Awww! Congrats booqee. We thank God for everything.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 8:28am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Hallelujah!
Big Congratulations.
God's blessings.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2018
PatKing:

Thank God.
So happy to hear this.
We will land safely.
Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by toyeem(f): 8:48am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
Congrats mama.God bless ur angel
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
wow! Congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Happychildlove(f): 8:51am On Feb 20, 2018
zaynie:

In addition to all has been said, the only difference between induction and spontaneous labour is that spontaneous labour allows your body to adjust to a certain threshold before moving to another level while induction takes you straight.

There are many types of induction, not every one includes pitocin. Some are quite easy and they just JumpStart labour, some help you get to the finish line faster , some help to strengthen contractions as baby can't come out without strong contractions.

If you're due and no sign of labour, the induction is the easy type. Mostly its a membrane sweep plus insertion of a balloon catheter or a pill that allows your cervix to begin to dilate. Once labour commences , they leave you to progress fine.
Upon commencement if labour slowsdown or you aren't dilating fast enough or you arent contracting strong enough then you may be administered a drip containing pitocin. It makes labour faster .

When pitocin is administered to you, please be very observant. Most of the time its the wrong administration that makes it go south. It should be on a slow and steady drop so the pain isn't over board. Because for pitocin to be administered, your labour has begun and all it does is to make it faster and stronger.
I had my second child without pitocin and it took 22 hours and by the time I was 8-10cm the kind of pain I was feeling was one I can compare to at 4-6cm when I was induced the first time.
My induction failed because the nurse on duty put the drip on high speed. When I called the Dr's attention to the drip, he had to recommended morphine (which is a top anagelsic) to stop contractions totally.
thank you ma, this will really help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 9:16am On Feb 20, 2018
Congrats booqee
That was pretty fast.
Welcome to the world baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JGracious: 9:21am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Praise the Lord o. God is so good.
congrats to you and your hubby.
Welcome to a new phase. The Lord will strengthen you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jina24(f): 9:58am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc li.oha

Congratulations booqee, Welcome baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aremu01(m): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Congrats booqie.... I have been waiting for this news...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
awwww, congrats
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2018
Sweetmommatwo:
B.s Alert!
I went for my Antenatal checkup on the 13th, my gynae asked me to go get a scan done since 2weeks before baby's weight was 2.5kg and he was quite interested in monitoring the development and since I was trying for VBAC too. I reported with the scan result and baby's weight was 3.3kg already. I told him about the pains I was feeling coupled with the contractions I was having although they weren't that strong. On checking me I knew the news were not too good and he told me he was booking me for an emergency section. I begged to be scheduled for Monday (today) since its my Hubby's birthday. He told me he couldn't risk it that my first sectioned site was already very weak and the baby's head was putting too much pressure. Truth be told I was shedding tears when the site was touched, didn't even imagine the excruciating pains was from there. He eventually booked me for 15th and asked me to come in on the evening of 14th so I can sort out my work issues and maternity leave.
Around 10pm in the evening of 13th I started having serious contractions. I couldn't mention to my husband so I could try and since I didn't want to leave for the hospital on time since I wanted labour to have reached an A-okay stage, by 2am I was literally on fire with 10mins apart contractions and the pains from the first c.s site is another story. I left for the hospital around 7.30am when I couldn't bear it any longer. On getting to the hospital I was checked and good to go but they couldn't risk it, another consultant came to check me and said the site was too weak, exactly what my gynae said, I was wheeled in for an emergency C.s while still trying to get across to my Gynae and that was how God favoured us with our bundle of joy.

So sorry for any typos and long story.
Cc capt lioha
B.s submitted!
congratsdear

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wifeysist(f): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Congratulations booqee, God is awesome, May God keep your lil angel for you and your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A
Cc lioha
Congrats ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amarisa(f): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2018
Congratulations Booqee..Welcome Princess
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 10:23am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rosekatiej: 10:23am On Feb 20, 2018
Angel2424:
Birth Alert

My little angel arrived yesterday evening 17/2/18 at 5:33pm via VD, with tear weighing 3.1kg. Mama and baby are doing fine..father rejoicing. Birth story coming soon.

Cc. Cappo Lioha

Congrats to you ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha

Congratulations mama
welcome to motherhood
May she be a blessing to your household
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumsgirl27(f): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2018
yepiee!!! IT IS ANOTHER NEW WEEK (Thank u God)
Team M ---Miraculous Conceptions
A ---Adorable and Stress free pregnancy
Y ---Yes!!It is a supernatural Delivery.

ROLL CALL FOR D WEEK (3MONTHS, 11weeks 0r 70 DAYS LEFT grin,we are getting there week by week)
Pls, let's include our Edd and Lo's Sex if known when we reply.

Good Morning my super duper,sexilicious bumping mamas. How bumping going?
Am sure by now most of us would have started Shopping. Please FTM start shopping as soon as possible before you are too tired to walk round the market.
Thanks to our VVIP mama (4realwoman), she posted prices of the baby products she got, so that can serve as guideline for us.
Yes oo, some of us are already in 3rd trimester (Thank u Lord for the Journey). Congratulations mamas
Team May mamas, reply with baby gender so I can update.

NAME EDD Colour
1) mumsgirl27 -------- 07/05/2018 (LMP)----- Pink
2) Roseey0 -----------14/05/2018 (LMP)----- Pink
3) rosekatiej --------- 13/05/2018 (LMP)-----
4) missusadey ------- 08/05/2018(LMP)------
5) Anistef ------------29/05/2018(LMP)------
6) 4realwoman -------22/05/2018(TVS)-------
7) Forevergirl --------29/05/2018(LMP)-------
cool Imahaps --------23/05/2018 (LMP)-------
9) Omojolagbe ------- ??/??/?(?) -------------
10) bigiyaro ------------??/??/?(?)------------
11) yetty002 ---------- 29/05/2018(LMP)-----
12) Olubassey92 ----- 24/05/2018(SCAN)------PINK
13) iaatmgirl---------- 31/05/2018(LMP)-------
14) Meeeeey---------- 29/05/2018(LMP)-------
15) portable4real------02/05/2018(LMP)--------
16) Wemmy017 ------ 21/05/2018(LMP)-----PINK
17) khaite23 ----- ----12/05/18 (SCAN)-----BLUE
18) Shemmyglo ----- 06/05/2018 (LMP)--------
19) glamk ------------28/05/2018(LMP)--------
20) tosinwill ----------06/05/2018 (LMP)-----BLUE
21) 1dafulmi ----------14/05/2018 (LMP)------
22) Fisayomi1 ---------10/05/2018 (LMP)--- PINK

Happy Third Trimester to us all grin, Waddling phase grin

Team May
Team Miraculous Conception
Team Supernatural delivery
Team Sharp sharp delivery
Team Beautiful and handsome Los
Team Sexy bumps (No eba or amala bumps)
Team Healthy pregnancy
Team Mother alive, Lo alive and Father rejoicing
Team 20billion for our account grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tobbydy(f): 10:45am On Feb 20, 2018
booqee:
B.A

Cc lioha
congratulations dearie,welcome princess

(1) (2) (3) ... (4087) (4088) (4089) (4090) (4091) (4092) (4093) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.