Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8201082 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4097) (4098) (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 7:29am On Feb 24, 2018
hunniesuzie:
There are tummy exercises you can do. Youtube is your friend. If you had CS please give yourself a few months before attempting tummy exercises to avoid touching stories

Thanks ma'am
I know of some tummy exercises
Just wanted to know if there's something else I can do to help the process as well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 7:34am On Feb 24, 2018
curvilicious:
Congrats completey nd Droyal
Welcome sonshines kiss

Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hannydimples: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations MA. The God that came through for you will come through for the rest of us in Jesus name.
completey:
B'S Long story alert!
First and foremost, I want to return all Glory and adoration to almighty God the giver of life. I also wants to thank all mothers here for their support and prayers, this is really a one big family.

This is my 5th missionary journey, I have 3 girls and a deceased Boy. First daughter was born in 2005, and the boy in 2011. He died while he was 8 months old in April 2012. ( hmm!story for another day). I pray No Mother will experience such in their lifetime.
After him, I had 2 more girls in 2013 and 2015 respectively. Then the mockery began. Even on the christening day of the last baby. But I was never bothered the 3 girls are okay for me. But the almighty God has a better plan for me.

I'm May 2017, I noticed I was feeling a sharp pain in my right side I endured it for some days but when I started hearing scary stories about appendicitis I made up my mind to go to the hospital. I complained to my Doctor and he asked if I was having any discharge and itching down below which I answered no. So, he said I should go for scan. The scan revealed that their was enormous fluid in the side and he was wondering why I am not presenting with any other symptoms, he concluded that I have PID and he placed me on 2 broad spectrum antibiotics and 60 tabs of flagly to be completed in 10 days after asking for my next auntyflow day which happens to be the same day I went to the hospital.

I have never been a fan of flagyl but i took the pain to take the medications religiously for that 10 days and throughout my period was missing. I did urine test at home 3 times it was negative so I went back to the hospital to complain.
The Doctor was surprised he said I can't be pregnant he directed me to the lab for blood test and it came out positive. He is still not convinced; he said I should come back after 2 weeks to check if it is viable.
I return back after 2 weeks, we did the scan lo and behold my surprise package is there and Alive. Then fear reared its ugly head. What if it's a girl again? I was torn within me. Looking for a way to confirm the sex b4 it will reach 2 months but no way. At last, I gave up and made up my mind never to find out the sex till after delivery so that I won't die prematurely.

Fast forward to my 40 weeks appointment no sign of labour yet. Doctor said I should come in for induction after a week. At 41 weeks on Tuesday 13th I went to the clinic as usual they wanted to admit me but I told them I will come back in the evening. The Doctor said there is no need for waiting because in my 2 previous pregnancies we also opted for induction after 42 weeks.

When I got home, I started searching for natural way of inducing labour. I got many and I chose one that I think it's not very common after weighing the safety options. I did "coffee potty induction" at around 3 pm in the afternoon. Around 8pm I was feeling menstrual-like cramps so I went to a midwife very to close me cause hubby was not around . She examined me and I was 4cm gone.
On Wednesday morning I decided to take a walk and climb a mountain very close to my house may be it will also help. Once I stepped out of the compound, I began to feel an excruciating pain on my right leg deep into my veins. On getting to the bus stop, I couldn't walk again. I called one of the driver in my office to come pick me and he took me to the Church as we were having pregnant women prayer that day. Meanwhile, I planned go to for the induction on Wednesday night cause all my kids were born in Wednesday. Secondly, my husband will be around then.

When prayers were going on, I decided to go and call my dh to know if he is on his way, unfortunately, I fell at the door people came to lift me up ( and they were all pregnant) and that was all I couldn't walk again. I was sitting at a spot throughout the day. My legs became swollen.

By 6pm, I said I want to go but the midwife advised against it, she called a nurse to examine me and she said i am still 4cm since Tuesday and she said if I after, she can induce me to help kick start labour after thinking for sometimes I agreed and she set a drip for me with pitocin around 9pm. By 11pm she asked how I was feeling and I said it's only mild menstrual cramp pain . Although my pain threshold is very high and several negative thoughts began to creep in. What if it's a girl? What if the induction fails? What if it's a He and is dead? So many what "ifs". Then I remember this song
"Ko ma Sohun ti ko le se
Riru Omi gbohun re
O dake roro
Ni won igba ti mo ti ni Jesu
Edu no bami mo o
Odaju a se temi dandan laye.

Chorus:
Eru ko bami tori mo ni Jeeesu
Osuba, osuba re ma re o
Oluwa Osuba.
And that was what I sang all through. The nurse increase the speed of the drip when I was 6cm gone and she said I should be fully dilated by 2am. After some time, the pain moved to my back and I started shouting my back I, I can't even sing again. What helped was that I was lying on my left side all through. Once I lie on my back, I will start feeling sharp back pain.
When I was fully dilated, with one single push my baby came out shouting his lungs out he weighed 3.9kg. I have started seeing stars but thank God the midwife understands my case so she quickly said he is a BOY o and that settles all for me and after sometime the placenta came out. I was cleaned up and I couldn't walk again. I was helped to a room, I can't sleep on either side unless I lie on my back.
The pain does not matter anymore. God silence all ungodly friend who are all set out to mock me.
I pray for all Preggy women here, you shall all carry to term and non of our little ones will be missing. All ttc mothers please wipe your tears, 2018 is your year. Almighty God will surprise and make you happy just the way he had done for me.
B'S submitted.
cc: lioha
Here is David Oluwakamisi 8 days photo shoot.
Pics removed.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hannydimples: 7:39am On Feb 24, 2018
We dey here o. My own second trimester name laziness time. I don't even understand again.
Ayauche:
Congrats to all mamas that have given birth.
To the waddling mamas May Almighty make it easy for us all.
June mamas how are we doing ? I know we are all enjoying this 2nd trimester so much.
Cappo Rubyzz greetings to u.
4realwoman thanx for that shopping list.

A wonderful weekend to us all

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2018
Hannydimples:
Congratulations MA. The God that came through for you will come through for the rest of us in Jesus name.

Amen!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:48am On Feb 24, 2018
Liftedhands:
Congrats sis you are almost there, take long walks, climb stairs, take a ride on a bumpy road,sit on a bouncy ball have sex it should help you dilate faster! Wishing you a stress free delivery.

Erm....zaynie so you are waddling? Congrats and safe delivery mbok when are you due? I hope na triplets you are having grin cheesy

Why are you purposely being an agbaya like this na grin
Triplets ko? angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ElmaSpeed(f): 8:53am On Feb 24, 2018
BS

A little over a week ago, I experienced severe pains in my hip joints that restricted my movements and sharp pains in my cervix whenever baby moved down there, so I complained to the doctor during antenatals and he decided that the baby should be born 2 weeks before my edd, cos he was ready for birth and labour must be avoided at all costs. So I went back home and started preparing myself both mentally and emotionally. It was tough, considering that i have other kids with needs that must be attended to. But God helped me.
On the 21st of Feb, I went for antenatal and was booked for an elective C-section to hold the following day. Tests were run and my blood level which was previously very low was just right (miracle 1).

By 4:30 am on the 22nd, I got prepared and waited in my room, since I was expecting a 6am surgery, but the nurses didn't come for me till 7. As it turned out, my obstetrician had just arrived and had begun with another cs. I was moved to the labor room to wait my turn. At some minutes to 9, it was my turn so I walked into the theatre.

Everything went marvellously well inside, just as I prayed for. I was conscious all through and felt no pain, just incredible pressure. My favorite part was the feeling of being light suddenly when my beautiful baby was brought out. He looked so perfect and weighed 3kg.

Post-op recovery is going nicely. I spent the whole day on Thursday sleeping. On Friday morning I was able to get out of bed and started taking walks by afternoon. I found out that the more I walked, the stronger I became. Most of all, by listening to my body and allowing mykself get used to one movement before trying another, I was able to regain my strength quickly.

I'm still in hospital, doing very well.

I want to thank all of you for your help, especially in answering questions posted here. Though this is my 4th cs, I have learned so much from all of you.

I'm so thankful to God for these miracles. I'm thankful for the words of encouragement in the most difficult days of the pregnancy, when I felt like giving up. If I had given up, I would have missed the joy of having this amazing boy added to my family. His siblings adore him. His grandparents can't get enough of him. His dad is head over heels in love with him. Me? I have no words for how much I love this child.

I pray that everyone of us that is still waddling will testify as well, with healthy babies and happy families in Jesus' name, Amen.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:04am On Feb 24, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
Boss baby himself. kiss

Cutie cutie

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:07am On Feb 24, 2018
zaynie:

Why are you purposely being an agbaya like this na grin
Triplets ko? angry
Iya ibeta tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2018
LegitDiva:
Fellow waddlers, I just came back from the hospital where doctor did a check and said I'm about 2cm dilated (my due date is tomorrow). Any idea what to do or how to Hasten dilation?

Cc
Zaynie

Baby girl, your baby is on the way already o.
If you like dancing, mbok put on your dancing shoes and dance like David danced.
Drink lots of water and try to eat for the work ahead.
Meanwhile put everything in place, check your bags one last time and take long leisurely walks.
Don't overexert yourself as you need your energy for the main koko.

Can't wait to hear your BA kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Congrats booqee, droyal, elmaspeed and completey! may God bless your little ones kiss kiss kiss kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Liftedhands:
Iya ibeta tongue

I won't even answer you again. angry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
ElmaSpeed:
BS

I pray that everyone of us that is still waddling will testify as well, with healthy babies and happy families in Jesus' name, Amen.

Congratulations once more teamie gringrin grin grin grin

Birth story seen.

God bless our new borne

Flood the thread with babies coz its our month

Team February for supernatural delivery . How are we all doing?

JANUARY PORTTERS CLUB
MONIKER .............EDD........... SEX .... DD
01 Anak123 .........14/2/18 ......XX .... 27/12/17
02 amaka90 ........ 4/2/18 ...... XX ..... 25/1/18
03 moonert ........... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 30/1/18
04 rollykotex ..........EDD ? ........ XY .... 31/1/18 BS

FEBRUARY BABIES
MONIKER ..................EDD.......... SEX .... DD
05 Luvtoteach .......... EDD ? ....... XX ..... 1/2/18
06 SULPHUROXIDE ...EDD? ....... XY .......1/2/18
07 jadareese ............. 30/1/18 ....XY ......3/2/18
08 Schonebaby ........ 28/1/18 ... XX .......4/1/18
09 Glossom .............. 8/2/18 ..... XX .......5/2/18
10 Teegali ................ EDD, ? .......XX........ 5/2/18
11 stormie ................19/2/18 .... XX ..... .8/2/18 BS
12 foreverjoy00 ........ March ...... XX .......9/2/18
13 Bloomingbud ...... 28/2/18.... XX, XY. 9/2/18 BS
14 mummyjayson .....18/2/18 .. XY ....... 10/2/18 BS
15 Rhukkie .................3/2/18 .....XX ...... 13/2/18 BS
16 Sweetmommatwo.19/2/18...XX ...... 14/2/18 BS
17 Droyal .....................7/2/18 ... XY ...... 14/2/18 BS
17 completey ............ 5/2/18 .... XY ...... 15/2/18 BS
18 curve ..................... 1/3/18 ..... ... ...... 16/2/18
19 DocAdray ...............22/2/18 .. XX ... .17/2/18
20 Angel2424 .............17/2/18... XX .... 17/2/18
21 Nancyij ...................18/2/18 ...XY .... 18/2/18
22 Mcperry .................2/2/18.......XY .... 19/2/18
23 Booqee ................. 27/2/18....XX .... 20/2/18 BS
24 ElmaSpeed .......... 9/3/18 .... XY .... 22/2/18 BS

12 eazee .....................9/2/18 .........XX
13 Mzkolawole ..........13/2/18
14 Kweenkong ...........14/2/18
16 Lioha ......................18/2/18 ........XX
22 LegitDiva ............... 24/2/18 ...........
25 toludimpz .............. 28/2/18 ......... XY
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 9:25am On Feb 24, 2018
zaynie:

I won't even answer you again. angry
I'm itching to read your BA/BS cheesy tongue please let my babies bake well sha(2 boys and a girl).

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations completey I'm so happy for you that God granted your heart desire, olorun a wo.

Elmaspeed congratulations on the arrival of boss baby, God bless and keep him. That feeling light part of delivery got me too that I started throwing up immediately twin 2 was brought out.

Droyal congratulations.

Booqee how are you and baby doing? Sure recovery is going smoothly kiss kiss to your princess.

Legitdiva safe delivery to you.

Fellow mamas please how long does it take to recover from CS delivery cos this is two weeks postpartum and my tummy and surgery site is still paining me, I still can't walk well or move fast cos of the pains. Please I need to know if all is well with me biko.

One more thing, when will my baby girl learn to latch properly cos we are both frustrated. Phew enough of ranting GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY.

Proudly team February, the month that changed my status.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2018
Congrats once again elmaspeed
Bossbaby is so adorable

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:13am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Congratulations comp....letey I'm so happy for you that God granted your heart desire, olorun a wo.

Elmasp...eed congratulations on the arrival of boss baby, God bless and keep him. That feeling light part of delivery got me too that I started throwing up immediately twin 2 was brought out.

Dro....yal congratulations.

Boo...qee how are you and baby doing? Sure recovery is going smoothly kiss kiss to your princess.

Fellow mamas please how long does it take to recover from CS delivery cos this is two weeks postpartum and my tummy and surgery site is still paining me, I still can't walk well or move fast cos of the pains. Please I need to know if all is well with me biko.

One more thing, when will my baby girl learn to latch properly cos we are both frustrated. Phew enough of ranting GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY.

Give ur body time to heal....
By ur 6 weeks Pp check, u ll most likely b fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bloomingbud(f): 10:45am On Feb 24, 2018
enque:

Give ur body time to heal....
By ur 6 weeks Pp check, u ll most likely b fine.

Thank you for always been of help mummy Zara.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:

Thank you for always been of help mummy Zara.

U r welcome
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by completey(f): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Congratulations completey I'm so happy for you that God granted your heart desire, olorun a wo.

Elmaspeed congratulations on the arrival of boss baby, God bless and keep him. That feeling light part of delivery got me too that I started throwing up immediately twin 2 was brought out.

Droyal congratulations.

Booqee how are you and baby doing? Sure recovery is going smoothly kiss kiss to your princess.

Amen! Thanks sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 11:26am On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations to everyone that has birthed their Lo and easy peasy delivery for the remaining waddling mamas

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Wemmy017(f): 11:42am On Feb 24, 2018
mumsgirl27:
Team May

Wemmy017:sorry mama. it is part of the package and I also experienced it. What I did was to eat out or eat at a friend's place.
Or hubby cooks for me just to minimize the aroma i perceived but now I eat well. Don't worry u will be fine.
Thanks Cappo. I wish i was in naija where i can see all those buka food. The only naija restaurant here no just try or maybe It's just me. Been eating rice, bread and tea. Can't wait for my appetite to come back. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kelizosuy(f): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2018
Mamas I have natural carrot oil for sale. It will help freshen your skin even in pregnancy. It's also good for your hair. The best part is that it's 100% natural and affordable. It can also be delivered nation wide.

Pm me for more details
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2018
Birthstory
It was early morning on saturday 17/2/18 and I was restless on the bed, without really knowing the cause of the restlessness. There was no light, weather was hot and I was having heart burns which had stayed with me almost throughout the pregnancy and gotten worse in the last few weeks. At about 3:15am, I started noticing the contractions. It comes with an urge to pee or poo. I emptied my bowels and bladders, yet the urge kept coming with the menstrual like cramp. I started timing the cramps and they were mostly 20 mins apart. At about 6am I woke hubby and told him I was having some pain. He said I should try and sleep which I did briefly. By 8am..the pains were still coming around 15 mins apart. I went to the bathroom to have my bath and noticed small blood stains on my undies. Wow..I got excited, baby is coming. I ate and tried to watch a movie on my laptop..It kept me busy for a while, until one painful cramp hit me..I was forced to shut down the laptop. I then went to the sitting room and tried reading for a while..the pains were still short and coming at long intervals..a little blood was still coming out. I got bored and slept off. Woke up around 12pm..same pain, and still not coming quick. Hubby suggested we call the doctor if I can come in. Called and she said we should. So we packed up and got to the hospital at around 1:30pm. I was admitted into the maternity ward and a nurse was stationed to observe the contractions. She watched me and said labour hasnt started, she advised me to be moving around to make it come quick. I walked round the ward, while gisting and laughing with hubby. At some point I became very hungry..Hubby got me a plate of fried rice which I finished in minutes..I was surprised at the increased appetite cause my appetite had been low during the pregnancy. Sometime around 3pm, doctor then came and checked me. He said my cervix admitted only a finger. He then told mil that I have all the symptoms that labour is about to start but it hasnt really started. He said he wont advise us to go home cause labour can start at about 1am or 2am and coming out that late may not be too safe. Mil then asked hubby to take her home so she can change and come stay with me. I was left alone in the ward..in the twinkle of an eye, the contractions started becoming more intense and painful. By the time Mil returned about 20 mins later, I was already crying.

Next thing the contractions became very close. I started telling mil to massage my waist o..my waist o. When she massages it I get a bit relief. I was still having the urge to poo and pee. Was able to poo a little but pee was impossible. At a point I asked her to check the time, she checked it was 4:24pm. The nurses kept observing me. Then after a while they went to get the doc. He checked me again and said I was 6cm. He got something that he need to burst my water. The thing was inserted when I was having a contraction and next thing was a gush of water..it wasnt painful when they burst it. They then moved me to the labour room. Thats when I lost complete control. The contractions were hitting hard and hard. I kept saying oh God, Doc help me, God help me...chai. The nurses were advising me to stay calm..calm where? I told them I cant bear the pain o. At a point, there was no break blw the contractions..and it comes with a strong urge to push and poo..but the doc kept telling me not to push. Restraining myself from not pushing and at same time controlling the pain was hard. I kept thinking of cervix tear and somehow that helped me to hold myself. I tried reciting the lord is my shepherd and couldnt even remember the verse. At a point doc said my bladder was full and its disturbing the process..they got something which they inserted and extracted the urine. When it was extracted I felt reliefed a little. doc then said I can push now with the contractions. When the contractions come I will scream, put my hand on the wall and pushed.

33 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyjayson(f): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2018
my able cappo lioha ,you nd oda remaining teammies r in my thoughts this morning, l await your testimony cos i know that it will end in praise this month in Jesus name Amen

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Angel2424: 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2018
Angel2424:
Birthstory
It was early morning on saturday 17/2/18 and I was restless on the bed, without really knowing the cause of the restlessness. There was no light, weather was hot and I was having heart burns which had stayed with me almost throughout the pregnancy and gotten worse in the last few weeks. At about 3:15am, I started noticing the contractions. It comes with an urge to pee or poo. I emptied my bowels and bladders, yet the urge kept coming with the menstrual like cramp. I started timing the cramps and they were mostly 20 mins apart. At about 6am I woke hubby and told him I was having some pain. He said I should try and sleep which I did briefly. By 8am..the pains were still coming around 15 mins apart. I went to the bathroom to have my bath and noticed small blood stains on my undies. Wow..I got excited, baby is coming. I ate and tried to watch a movie on my laptop..It kept me busy for a while, until one painful cramp hit me..I was forced to shut down the laptop. I then went to the sitting room and tried reading for a while..the pains were still short and coming at long intervals..a little blood was still coming out. I got bored and slept off. Woke up around 12pm..same pain, and still not coming quick. Hubby suggested we call the doctor if I can come in. Called and she said we should. So we packed up and got to the hospital at around 1:30pm. I was admitted into the maternity ward and a nurse was stationed to observe the contractions. She watched me and said labour hasnt started, she advised me to be moving around to make it come quick. I walked round the ward, while gisting and laughing with hubby. At some point I became very hungry..Hubby got me a plate of fried rice which I finished in minutes..I was surprised at the increased appetite cause my appetite had been low during the pregnancy. Sometime around 3pm, doctor then came and checked me. He said my cervix admitted only a finger. He then told mil that I have all the symptoms that labour is about to start but it hasnt really started. He said he wont advise us to go home cause labour can start at about 1am or 2am and coming out that late may not be too safe. Mil then asked hubby to take her home so she can change and come stay with me. I was left alone in the ward..in the twinkle of an eye, the contractions started becoming more intense and painful. By the time Mil returned about 20 mins later, I was already crying.

Next thing the contractions became very close. I started telling mil to massage my waist o..my waist o. When she massages it I get a bit relief. I was still having the urge to poo and pee. Was able to poo a little but pee was impossible. At a point I asked her to check the time, she checked it was 4:24pm. The nurses kept observing me. Then after a while they went to get the doc. He checked me again and said I was 6cm. He got something that he need to burst my water. The thing was inserted when I was having a contraction and next thing was a gush of water..it wasnt painful when they burst it. They then moved me to the labour room. Thats when I lost complete control. The contractions were hitting hard and hard. I kept saying oh God, Doc help me, God help me...chai. The nurses were advising me to stay calm..calm where? I told them I cant bear the pain o. At a point, there was no break blw the contractions..and it comes with a strong urge to push and poo..but the doc kept telling me not to push. Restraining myself from not pushing and at same time controlling the pain was hard. I kept thinking of cervix tear and somehow that helped me to hold myself. I tried reciting the lord is my shepherd and couldnt even remember the verse. At a point doc said my bladder was full and its disturbing the process..they got something which they inserted and extracted the urine. When it was extracted I felt reliefed a little. doc then said I can push now with the contractions. When the contractions come I will scream, put my hand on the wall and pushed.

The nurses would take my hands from the wall. The doc then advised that when the contractions come I should fold my legs back, hold my ankle, look at my stomach and push. It took me sometime to master the act. At first I still kept holding the wall..somehow I had to tell myself the pain wont stop till baby comes so I need to work with the doc.When the next contraction came I followed the instruction on how to push and surprisingly it made the pain a bit bearable..in blw the contractions i was give a cut..even though I was contracting at the time, I felt the pain of the cut and screamed. Around this time, the contractions had stopped coming quick so I had a little time to rest. When the urge to push came again...I pushed hard and doc told me they were seeing the head and I should push hard with the next contraction..they started pinching my stomach to trigger another contraction..when that one came, I folded my legs as back as I could, held my ankle tightly and pushed hard, thats how my baby came out at 5:33pm, she was taken away to clean up. The relief was heavenly..all of the pains were gone. I just lay there looking at the ceiling and saying thank you Lord Jesus. The placenta was delivered 3 mins after. It was completely painless. Doc then injected the cut with painkiller and stitched the site, that was also completely painless. We were discharged the next morning. Pls sorry for the long write up.

Cc: Cappo Lioha, BS submitted

64 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opella(f): 3:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations booqee. Thank God it ended in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chili89: 4:02pm On Feb 24, 2018
Congrats @angel2424.
Team feb una try today ooo... This is called back to back birthstory

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bomgirl(f): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations to all Mamas that have downloaded! May God give you the wisdom to train your babies!!
For our waddling mums, God will make it easy for you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DocAdray(f): 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2018
Big congratulations to we all February mommas and porters that have birthed their LOs, God will continue to keep us, and to all other waddling mommas, God will make it very easy and smooth.

Cappo Lioha, you're on my mind specially, easy peasy delivery to you dear cappo.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hannydimples: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2018
Amen o. Congratulations ma
ElmaSpeed:
BS

A little over a week ago, I experienced severe pains in my hip joints that restricted my movements and sharp pains in my cervix whenever baby moved down there, so I complained to the doctor during antenatals and he decided that the baby should be born 2 weeks before my edd, cos he was ready for birth and labour must be avoided at all costs. So I went back home and started preparing myself both mentally and emotionally. It was tough, considering that i have other kids with needs that must be attended to. But God helped me.
On the 21st of Feb, I went for antenatal and was booked for an elective C-section to hold the following day. Tests were run and my blood level which was previously very low was just right (miracle 1).

By 4:30 am on the 22nd, I got prepared and waited in my room, since I was expecting a 6am surgery, but the nurses didn't come for me till 7. As it turned out, my obstetrician had just arrived and had begun with another cs. I was moved to the labor room to wait my turn. At some minutes to 9, it was my turn so I walked into the theatre.

Everything went marvellously well inside, just as I prayed for. I was conscious all through and felt no pain, just incredible pressure. My favorite part was the feeling of being light suddenly when my beautiful baby was brought out. He looked so perfect and weighed 3kg.

Post-op recovery is going nicely. I spent the whole day on Thursday sleeping. On Friday morning I was able to get out of bed and started taking walks by afternoon. I found out that the more I walked, the stronger I became. Most of all, by listening to my body and allowing mykself get used to one movement before trying another, I was able to regain my strength quickly.

I'm still in hospital, doing very well.

I want to thank all of you for your help, especially in answering questions posted here. Though this is my 4th cs, I have learned so much from all of you.

I'm so thankful to God for these miracles. I'm thankful for the words of encouragement in the most difficult days of the pregnancy, when I felt like giving up. If I had given up, I would have missed the joy of having this amazing boy added to my family. His siblings adore him. His grandparents can't get enough of him. His dad is head over heels in love with him. Me? I have no words for how much I love this child.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LegitDiva: 5:48pm On Feb 24, 2018
zaynie:

Baby girl, your baby is on the way already o.
If you like dancing, mbok put on your dancing shoes and dance like David danced.
Drink lots of water and try to eat for the work ahead.
Meanwhile put everything in place, check your bags one last time and take long leisurely walks.
Don't overexert yourself as you need your energy for the main koko.

Can't wait to hear your BA kiss

Thanks sis. I did a long walk this morning, came home and saw slight brown stain on my panties. But I can't see anything again. Could that have been Mucus plug?
I'm going to see the doctor later sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (4097) (4098) (4099) (4100) (4101) (4102) (4103) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nisot23(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.