Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,915 members, 7,821,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157942 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:02am On Mar 10, 2015
mytestimony:
What is this thing about not using baby lotion for new born? Abeg make una answer me o.

Let me explain it the way the mw explained to me-

The lotion sometimes block the skin openings of newborns and encourage baby rashes and other skin irritations, hence I was advised to use natural products as much as possible for the first few months. I was actually told to use olive oil but I tried sheabutter cuz it's natural as well and it's been perfect for my baby.

That said, all babies are different and some might not react to lotion but with Naija heat, hmnnnnnnn
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2015
FexCathy:
Abeg mamas, I get pains like menstrual cramps evryday o! Is dat false contractions?

If you are close to EDD, it's most likely false labour. When it starts and it doesn't stop, it's true labour

All the best dear!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2015
Kimoni:

If you are close to EDD, it's most likely false labour. When it starts and it doesn't stop, it's true labour

All the best dear!
@ Kimoni, well am almost close to EDD sha. Tanks a lot.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IyawoToBe(f): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kimoni:

The lotion sometimes block the skin openings of newborns and encourage baby rashes and other skin irritations, hence I was advised to use natural products as much as possible for the first few months. I was actually told to use olive oil but I tried shear butter cuz it's natural as well and it's been perfect for my baby.

That said, all babies are different and some might not react to lotion but with Naija heat, hmnnnnnnn
Do you mix it with anything? Since it's usually not in liquid form, it needs a lot of message to spread all over the skin. Wouldn't that be too hard for a baby's tender skin? #JustCurious
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
demiiii:
Hello mamas, is it ok to drinkk lots of milk during pregnancy, I have lost weight sometimes during my pregnancy due to emotional issues affecting me. I need help on what to do? Although I have gained weight back but I am confused as to the exact month /weeks I am.
milk is safe in pregnancy. Wen did u see ur period last? If u re nt sure, u can do a scan to date ur pregnancy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 3:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Do you mix it with anything? Since it's usually not in liquid form, it needs a lot of message to spread all over the skin. Wouldn't that be too hard for a baby's tender skin? #JustCurious

No, I don't mix it with anything, I use my hand to rub on the solidified butter and use the oiliness of my hand to rub his body.
It's almost like I am using Vaseline on him.

And no, it's not too hard on his skin cuz it's all natural and unadulterated, same reason why olive oil is recommended too. I prefer it to the various chemicals combined in most baby lotions, which I think is sometimes too harsh for newborns but at the end of the day, it all boils down to mothers' preference.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splendblex(f): 3:55pm On Mar 10, 2015
FexCathy:

@ Kimoni, well am almost close to EDD sha. Tanks a lot.
FexCathy do ooo...baby wan commot.
It shall all end well.Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Splendblex:

FexCathy do ooo...baby wan commot.
It shall all end well.Amen
@ Splendblex, na so o! Anytym God say make baby show, no wahala. God will see all of us through as he dosent start what he won't finish. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pls mamas, what can I take for cough and cattarh? Its rily dealing with me causing me serious headaches.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
@kimoni,
Your assessment is on point,the midwives @ the GH where I had my son turned us away from lotions during d ANCs cos they explained that oyibo weather different from our own and not all babies will take to it.
They also advised that we should be careful if we still intend to use it and not allow it get under the navel when the cord hasn't fallen.
My son took it to another level and had rashes from just using the baby soap,Imperial lather was butter on his skin,olive oil kept him shiny like a newly polished shoe. smiley

@fexcathy,
Waiting.................... And you can take cough linctus and piriton for the cough. Safe delivery and happy baby.. Xoxo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
modath:
@kimoni,
Your assessment is on point,the midwives @ the GH where I had my son turned us away from lotions during d ANCs cos they explained that oyibo weather different from our own and not all babies will take to it.
They also advised that we should be careful if we still intend to use it and not allow it get under the navel when the cord hasn't fallen.
My son took it to another level and had rashes from just using the baby soap,Imperial lather was butter on his skin,olive oil kept him shiny like a newly polished shoe. smiley

@fexcathy,
Waiting.................... And you can take cough linctus and piriton for the cough. Safe delivery and happy baby.. Xoxo

I need to try the olive oil sometime too. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 11:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Who de awake o!!!!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Motun31(f): 3:07am On Mar 11, 2015
mytestimony:
Who de awake o!!!!!!
I am awake o. Couldn't sleep. Having feeling like menstral pain n my stomach is expanding.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 3:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Motun31:

I am awake o. Couldn't sleep. Having feeling like menstral pain n my stomach is expanding.

Could that be labour pains? Are u close to ur due date?

Be strong and stay positive!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 5:45am On Mar 11, 2015
Motun31:

Hope ur bag s packed o. E don reach o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:39am On Mar 11, 2015
Good morning to all mamas in d house,hw was ur nites n hw re u pple doing? Its been a while I comment or post here,though I always come around 2 read but 2 lazy 2 type. At d same time I dey vex cos nobody ask of me but because I love u all na small malice I go keep una lolz! My love 2 u all...Muaah!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 6:46am On Mar 11, 2015
Kimoni:

The lotion sometimes block the skin openings of newborns and encourage baby rashes and other skin irritations, hence I was advised to use natural products as much as possible for the first few months. I was actually told to use olive oil but I tried sheabutter cuz it's natural as well and it's been perfect for my baby.

Pls mamas I want 2 knw if d use of sheabutter will make baby dark dats if d baby is fair?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 11, 2015
This pushing peeps,nawaa o!
Make una no stone moi! cheesy
One love kiss

Erm,as a first time mum,i bought all d buyable to rub on my baby's body.
At d end of the day,i ended up using only shear butter.
The worst thing is that the thing is very cheap and local yet very miraculous and amazing.

no diaper rash. As per all my creams,they r there.
Next time,i ain't buying any. Shear butter all d way. Now it's vaseline mixed with vaseline lotion.
Used cusson baby soap till one yr.

@d lady asking if it will change her baby color,why not use and check?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 7:13am On Mar 11, 2015
Umu nwanyi kwenu! smiley
Lovely and strong mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Good morn to all mamas,hope our nites was good.

At my last ANC I was given fansidar for malaria I think,so I took the drug in the night but surprisingly as I woke up in the morning I got some blisters in my mouth. Does this mean I have malaria or is it a sign?and it's even getting wider sef, don't know o, any idea?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JoeCutie(m): 7:35am On Mar 11, 2015
cococandy:
Umu nwanyi kwenu! smiley
Lovely and strong mamas
Hey, mama! Morning. smiley

So ibu one of our sisters... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2015
Sorry,just checked now. The drug is Fralomin,a type of malaria tablet I think
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2015
@imurboss,
Fansidar is used as a prophylactic in pregnancy to checkmate malaria before it gets full blown, you may have the parasite and not be ill, so what likely happened is that the drug did its job and took malaria out before it knocks down the boss lady.

@proudy,
No vex my sis,how the male proudy?believe lil proudy is dancing etighi and suo wella. wink

@cococandy,
Kwezu enu, I hope I didn't murder the language oo, I be ofe nmanu. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Motun31(f): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2015
Kimoni:

Could that be labour pains? Are u close to ur due date?

Be strong and stay positive!
My due date is march ending. But d pain has stopped now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2015
JoeCutie:
Hey, mama! Morning. smiley

So ibu one of our sisters... grin
what are you doing in the labor room? smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Mar 11, 2015
You did alright my dear. smiley
modath:
@imurboss,
Fansidar is used as a prophylactic in pregnancy to checkmate malaria before it gets full blown, you may have the parasite and not be ill, so what likely happened is that the drug did its job and took malaria out before it knocks down the boss lady.

@proudy,
No vex my sis,how the male proudy?believe lil proudy is dancing etighi and suo wella. wink

@cococandy,
Kwezu enu, I hope I didn't murder the language oo, I be ofe nmanu. grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Motun31:

False labour it is. It's preparing your body for true labour.

All the best dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Motun31(f): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Hope ur bag s packed o. E don reach o

@ bag. Baby tons r ready. Mine is not complete yet o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2015
proudmom38:

Pls mamas I want 2 knw if d use of sheabutter will make baby dark dats if d baby is fair?

No it won't, just ensure you get the unadulterated one. I wish I could post all my childrens' pictures, the effect are amazing.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JoeCutie(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2015
cococandy:
what are you doing in the labor room? smiley
I wanto see. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Motun31:
Good evening Mamas in the house. Is boot oil, powder n soap good for babies. N had cream shouldnt be applied on baby's body until 6 months except sheabutter.

I use boots fr my LO.. It's a foreign product and very good..less adulterated compared to others though a bit expensive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FexCathy: 9:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Motun31:

@ Motun, just be prepared o! Even though its march ending, it can happen anytime from now. Even me too my date is march ending too but the cramps I feel everyday eh! Kpele jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.