Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145949 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4588) (4589) (4590) (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GODSMILEFOREVER: 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Mamatwiny please come and complete your B.S May GOD ALMIGHTY alone be praise .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2018
shhladyj:
praise the lord , BA BA BA, thank God he arrived today through cs as dat was my last option. BS soon . august teamie nd odas waiting for theirs God never sleep nor slumber

Congrats mama and warmest welcome to your son, fast recovery. To God be the glory.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
shhladyj:
B.S CONTINUED, i was the first to be operated on, was scared when dey wanted to insert the catheter i thought it was painful, not until i was given injection on my back to numb my waist to my leg, while operating, the doctors said the baby was breech why wld d scan not detect it nd dats why d baby didnt come nd if i had waited till 43weeks i wld ve wasted 9 months of pregnancy nd i wld not ve pushed dat baby is xo big, after the operation den i started feeling pains, my baby was 4.6 kg, the nurses had to take him to teaching hospital for general check up cos dey want to knw y he is big buh at the end he is fine to the glory of God. am in my recovery phase. i omitted so many things sha. B.S submitted.

God will save us all in pregnancy/childbirth in Jesus mighty name Amen.
Thank God you and baby are doing great and it ended in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatwiny(f): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2018
Part 3
Hubby bought food for me . After eating, the nurse told him that men are not allowed in the labour room, that he can go and sleep in the reception. He was afraid, so he went upstairs to pray.

First check by 8pm- I was 2 cm gone
2nd check by 12am I was 4cm gone.
B4 I got to 4cm,I vomited twice, the amniotic water broke, after some while another water, but this time different from the first . It was said to be meconium. The nurse told me that I won't be allowed to move much as she will need to actively monitor the fetal heart beat cos meconium is usually caused by fetal distress. I laid on the bed for most part of the labour. The doctor was called and confirmed the baby's heart beat is OK . That with the way I am progressing it was estimated I will give birth by 5am. Cervix was said to be effaced- whatever that means , but i know it means progress.The doctor said BTW 5and 6am.
My ppl my next check was to be by 2am. By 1am the contraction was terrible and I could not form hard woman again. I was shouting God should please come and save me. ' Chineke, nyere m aka..' Some I will give bible quotation.. The nurse told me that shouting won't help me, that I should always breath with my mouth anytime contraction hit. I begged the nurse for water but she refused . She said I have already taken 1 and half cups b4 labour and that I should know that someone can be taken to cs from induction and water is not taken b4 cs. I begged for cs but the nurse said I should have asked the gyno b4 now. I asked for ...but told it is not done anywhere in Nigeria.

I was almost speaking in tongues by 2am. I was checked by 2am . The nurse didn't tell me the outcome but went out, on coming back she gave me water that I asked for. I was like the rich man and Lazarus story in the Bible where the rich man begged for a drop of water to cool his tongue. So she told me she gave me water cos I have passed cs stage. That I am almost there but baby's head is still high. She needs it to drop. She told me she would give me a tear. After a while, she checked again and told me we have to move to the theatre.

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatwiny(f): 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
Part 4
To move to the theatre amidst contraction was another wahala. Fast forward.she used something to remove urine from my bladder. I shit twice .
When it was time to push, she told me to look at my knee and push with every strength. I pushed the first time nd baby's head came out. 2nd push baby was completely delivered at exactly 3:30am. She put baby on my body and told me to hold. I held my baby in my arm for the first time and baby cried out his lungs. She later collected baby from me and placed him on one table like that then came back to stich me. She gave me an injection then started stitching me. It wasn't so painful but I still felt the thread when she pulled it. When she was done with me, she went over to clean baby. Around 4am my hubby came to the theatre. He was so happy . He received his baby and prayed for him . We were to be moved to maternity ward in the morning.

22 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamatwiny(f): 11:23pm On Aug 22, 2018
Part 5.
I will advise preggies to discus what to do with placenta b4 baby is born. It nearly caused issue for me. Hubby asked for placenta, I asked him what he is doing with placenta in this age and time, that he should allow hospital dispose it. I asked him if he intends to travel to villa with the placenta, or where will he bury it since we are tenants in ph, he grudgingly agreed to let hospital dispose it. Do you know that ppl keep asking him what he did with the placenta. His elder bros first asked and when he told them he left in the hospital, they bashed him. One other neighbour was also angry with him.

It was the neighbour that explained that some nurses sell placenta to ritualists and they will use it to collect the destiny of the baby. That we shouldnt make that mistake again. That the father should collect baby's ppacenta, navel and circumsision things and be the one to dispose himself where nobody can see it, to be sure it is not used for evil.

We were to be discharged after 24hrs but was not cos baby has not been breast fed. After 24 hrs i noticed baby's hand shakes sometimes. I informed the nurses and blood sugar test was conducted on baby and the result was not good. Baby was placed on drip immediately. Hubby had gone to buy glucose. Hubby was so angry that the first doctor said baby can stay for 3 days without breast milk. My baby was dehydrated. He cried every night for 2 days b4 we started giving him formula. Please and please, don't be a jjc like me. If breast milk doesn't flow, give baby formula .I advise u include it in ur hospital list if it is ur first baby. I nearly had issues cos I listened to doctors advise on baby friendly.we were discharged after 48 hours when doc confirmed the blood sugar and full blood count to be OK.
Breast milk started after 4 days but baby is now lazy to suck breast, I now combine the 2 but will completely stop formula as soon as the BM flow is enough.

Bs submitted. Copy Karyss, talltosyn

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by karyss: 4:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Lovely bs mamtwiny. I'm solo happy for u dear. Kisses to ur lo

Exhilarated ow r u ma?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 5:03am On Aug 23, 2018
mamatwiny:
Part 5.

This is a wonderful birth story dear, congrats once again. Thank God you are both doing well, to God be the glory!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 5:29am On Aug 23, 2018
Frozenelsa:
Good morning mamas, happy holidays to you all. God bless us all and help us and strengthen us. Love u all.

@bunny19, the edd is march o, 12weeks and a
few days gone, @rbae, how is you? @all march teamies, stay strong ehn, e remain small. #okbye.

I dey o Sis. How are you doing too? #teamarch#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 5:30am On Aug 23, 2018
Bunny19:
So it's confirmed! No wahala, I gladly release u to mama Rbae... I know she will take care of u. kiss

Yes o. How are you doing mama?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 5:53am On Aug 23, 2018
Breadplanets how far? grin I saw you o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 5:55am On Aug 23, 2018
kuhuz:
Hello mamas, I have come to officially register for team February ooo. I am 15weeks plus today o. Pls cappo add me... This is my second missionary journey , the ist was Feb too. grin
welcome back sis, congratulations.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 5:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Dp
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breadplanets(f): 5:58am On Aug 23, 2018
Liftedhands:
Breadplanets how far? grin I saw you o.
wahahahahahahahhaha.....i bn wan hail you o grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:00am On Aug 23, 2018
lilycasera:
I just saw this thread today.I love what I'm reading.wish I've seen this earlier .lost my 11wks 5days foetus 4days ago.just came back home from the hospital. Looking for where to get encouragements and distraction. Seems I've found one.
sorry for your loss sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 6:12am On Aug 23, 2018
Jolaifa21:
Is there a dr in the house please? Just found out I am preg after a missed period and I have been taking 4 tabs of folic b12 5mg. I hope my baby is safe cos I found out that could be an overdose. Please I need a reply asap. Thanx
Why 4 initially who recommended it? What you need daily is 400mcg, unless there is another reason you are taking that much id suggest you reduce it to one tab daily. There is overdose but before you will take the amount that might hurt baby your body will excrete the excess, note the harm from too much folic is still a debate though cos scientifically it's said the body will not absorb more than it needs. So I strongly believe your baby is fine .

Welcome and congratulations.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 6:16am On Aug 23, 2018
Nice BS mamatwiny. Thanks for the enlightenment about placenta and the rest. God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lessonslearned: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2018
mamatwiny:
Part 5.
I will advise preggies to discus what to do with placenta b4 baby is born. It nearly caused issue for me. Hubby asked for placenta, I asked him what he is doing with placenta in this age and time, that he should allow hospital dispose it. I asked him if he intends to travel to villa with the placenta, or where will he bury it since we are tenants in ph, he grudgingly agreed to let hospital dispose it. Do you know that ppl keep asking him what he did with the placenta. His elder bros first asked and when he told them he left in the hospital, they bashed him. One other neighbour was also angry with him.

It was the neighbour that explained that some nurses sell placenta to ritualists and they will use it to collect the destiny of the baby. That we shouldnt make that mistake again. That the father should collect baby's ppacenta, navel and circumsision things and be the one to dispose himself where nobody can see it, to be sure

Congrats Mama... God bless ur LO

People and their unsolicited advice...
The world is using placenta for stem cell research and lots more....
Nigeria , it is wa....
Almost caused an issue for me too

But we need to change
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 23, 2018
It's a new week Ohhh subscribe your gotv and Dstv
Contact me for affordable mtn and glo data sub too grin

�Gotv plus ~₦1900~ my price ₦1,500

�Gotv Max ~₦3,200~ my price ₦2,600

�Dstv Access ~2,000~ my price ₦1,600

�Dstv Family ~₦4,000~ my price ₦3,300

�Dstv compact ~6,800~ my price ₦5,800

�Dstv compact plus ~₦10,500~ my price ₦9,000

�Dstv Premium ~₦15800~ My price

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pam09(f): 9:34am On Aug 23, 2018
Good day to all the beautiful belle full mummies in the house. Permission to "jump i inside the quee" . I was jejelly on my own wen hubby came with his "thing" did the do and now I don't now why my body is acting this funny. From my calculations I should be 8wks gone so I tanda gidigbam for team April. What is paining me now is that this journey Does not seem like the usual as per mom if 2. I am completely incapacitated, this is the first time am experiencing total breakdown from ms to afternoon dizziness and nighttime shivering. Abeg make una support me for this journey.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haleematm(f): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2018
Team sept how market? It's been a while just checking up on us. ayabadamilola, my cappo and other group members I hope we have all packed our hospital bags. May God see us through safely to the end of this journey. Prospective porters from Oct I sight u all wink

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GenyEbere(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by otusnora(f): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2018
Liftedhands:
Welcome Mom to be, state your Edd or LMP so your team mates will add you to roll call.
seriously, we re having a hard time with my EDD bt God knows best. With lmp its 9 sept. With scan, its 22 sept. But all I progressing well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2018
MamaTuoyo:
Good afternoon everyone.

I just found out I am pregnant. 6 weeks and 6 days. I don't have any symptoms at all. The only reason I went to the hospital was to check if I had malaria because I was feeling really sick and no appetite. Then the doctor advised I do a preganacy test. I just want to know if it's normal not to have any symptoms. I didn't take any malaria medicine, when I could not cope with the way I was feeling, I took paracetamol and now I feel better.

I know God gave me this pregnancy as a miracle. I am just wondering why I don't have any symptoms.

Mamas please pray for me o. Its like the pregnancy was a chemical. I don't even understand. I tested positive two weeks after my period, of which the period was 5 days early. As at when I tested positive, doctor said it was implantation bleeding, but on Friday, we did another blood test and it was negative, so Doctor now said maybe the period was a miscarriage. Sighhh. Please I want every pregnant mother to pray for me, that God should give me a child that will stay.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GenyEbere(f): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2018
GenyEbere:
Flips breast (oh my no milk again shocked shocked) helloooooooooooo waddling mamas its been ages I missed you all,#teamjune2016 #teamlikenoother #teamnodeliveryhair #teamkpekus cappo enkaydewdrop you don dey chair another team gaily04 how far ginababy how una dey.Congrats to all mamas that have delivered and to waddling mamas very soon you will get to the finish line. Preparing seriously for 2018 see yaaaaaa

BS

The above quote proves to me that indeed positive confession brings conception (To my GTC sisters confess positively yes I know it's hard,it's years yes just confess it you don't know the angel that is around to pick your words.)Fast forward to Dec 2nd week I was eating bread and it tasted bland like saw dust,I noticed I have been craving strange meals like white rice and sardine with salt. So I did the urine test and it was positive. The first trimester was very lovely( I don't want to write it the way it was in my mind then),ms came with its lovely package eventually it became history and the rest of the month went by until June when I thought the enemy has won over my mum's life but she came out alive and heaved a sigh of relief. July ending we began the countdown to picking a date for Elective CS . I wanted it to be on my EDD 22/8 which I thought was my mum's wedding anniversary but Dr said no that he doesn't want to take chances so I won't even get to 39weeks I said no problem the goal is mum and child alive. I decided to go for the unique date of the year 8/8/2018. On the eve I made necessary preparations as I was scheduled for 6a.m as I have 2 surgeries to undergo CS and Umbilical hernia the next day. We got there with my heart nearly jumping into my stomach, was checked, urine drain inserted,I walked into the theatre at 8.am by 8:30 he was delivered the stitching of the CS and umbilical hernia closing followed suit. In all I give God praise for seeing me through the journey of pregnancy and delivery. Mum came and as we were discussing she said the wedding anniversary is not 22/8 but 8/8 and I was happy. To my Sisters going to conceive I pray for you today that your womb will carry babies,with your hands you will carry them and on your breasts they will suckle, don't lose hope rather keep hope alive be sure to take care of yourself health wise and God will crown your efforts with plenty children. Meet Baby Ndubuisi Gabriel Orji at 2weeks. Comtem2011,talltosyne all team August BS submitted

59 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breadplanets(f): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2018
GenyEbere:

BS

The above quote proves to me that indeed positive confession brings conception (To my GTC sisters confess positively yes I know it's hard,it's years yes just confess it you don't know the angel that is around to pick your words.)
Yes o. As long as Christ lives 2019 will find me on this thread announcing my BA n BS. Enough of the hiding and peeping abeg. cheesy
congratulations mama

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vicky9ice: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2018
mamatwiny:
Part 5.

It was the neighbour that explained that some nurses sell placenta to ritualists and they will use it to collect the destiny of the baby. That we shouldnt make that mistake again. That the father should collect baby's ppacenta, navel and circumsision things and be the one to dispose himself where nobody can see it, to be sure it is not used for evil.

We were to be discharged after 24hrs but was not cos baby has not been breast fed. After 24 hrs i noticed baby's hand shakes sometimes. I informed the nurses and blood sugar test was conducted on baby and the result was not good. Baby was placed on drip immediately. Hubby had gone to buy glucose. Hubby was so angry that the first doctor said baby can stay for 3 days without breast milk. My baby was dehydrated. He cried every night for 2 days b4 we started giving him formula. Please and please, don't be a jjc like me. If breast milk doesn't flow, give baby formula .I advise u include it in ur hospital list if it is ur first baby. I nearly had issues cos I listened to doctors advise on baby friendly.we were discharged after 48 hours when doc confirmed the blood sugar and full blood count to be OK.
Breast milk started after 4 days but baby is now lazy to suck breast, I now combine the 2 but will completely stop formula as soon as the BM flow is enough.

Congratulations ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vicky9ice: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2018
MamaTuoyo:

Mamas please pray for me o. Its like the pregnancy was a chemical. I don't even understand. I tested positive two weeks after my period, of which the period was 5 days early. As at when I tested positive, doctor said it was implantation bleeding, but on Friday, we did another blood test and it was negative, so Doctor now said maybe the period was a miscarriage. Sighhh. Please I want every pregnant mother to pray for me, that God should give me a child that will stay.

God will give u double blessings that will stay in Jesus name, you will live to see your children's children.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vicky9ice: 11:55am On Aug 23, 2018
GenyEbere:

BS

The above quote proves to me that indeed positive confession brings conception (To my GTC sisters confess positively yes I know it's hard,it's years yes just confess it you don't know the angel that is around to pick your words.)Fast forward to Dec 2nd week I was eating bread and it tasted bland like saw dust,I noticed I have been craving strange meals like white rice and sardine with salt. So I did the urine test and it was positive. The first trimester was very lovely( I don't want to write it the way it was in my mind then),ms came with its lovely package eventually it became history and the rest of the month went by until June when I thought the enemy has won over my mum's life but she came out alive and heaved a sigh of relief. July ending we began the countdown to picking a date for Elective CS . I wanted it to be on my EDD 22/8 which I thought was my mum's wedding anniversary but Dr said no that he doesn't want to take chances so I won't even get to 39weeks I said no problem the goal is mum and child alive. I decided to go for the unique date of the year 8/8/2018. On the eve I made necessary preparations as I was scheduled for 6a.m as I have 2 surgeries to undergo CS and Umbilical hernia the next day. We got there with my heart nearly jumping into my stomach, was checked, urine drain inserted,I walked into the theatre at 8.am by 8:30 he was delivered the stitching of the CS and umbilical hernia closing followed suit. In all I give God praise for seeing me through the journey of pregnancy and delivery. Mum came and as we were discussing she said the wedding anniversary is not 22/8 but 8/8 and I was happy. To my Sisters going to conceive I pray for you today that your womb will carry babies,with your hands you will carry them and on your breasts they will suckle, don't lose hope rather keep hope alive be sure to take care of yourself health wise and God will crown your efforts with plenty children. Meet Baby Ndubuisi Gabriel Orji at 2weeks. Comtem2011,talltosyne all team August BS submitted

Congrats ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
vicky9ice:

God will give u double blessings that will stay in Jesus name, you will live to see your children's children.

AMEN. God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mercyjosh: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
GenyEbere:

BS

Amen to the prayers...welcome baby Ndubuisi Gabriel, you are for signs and wonder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4588) (4589) (4590) (4591) (4592) (4593) (4594) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.