Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8201864 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) (4694) (4695) (4696) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2018
[quote author=estagirl post=71929603][/quote]

Thank you, i will go for checkup and do more fruits, although im not a fan of watermelon and cucumber.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayomikunkco: 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
Good evening house am new here and can I get a remedy for excess saliva (spitting) please!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2018
rabluk:

So sorry abt that teamie. For now pls keep ur legs elevated and report to hospital to b sure everything is fine.

Thank you mami, i have stopped wearing shoes/sandals . Strictly on slippers only. It is well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
My precious princess arrived at 8:45pm via cs on the 9/10/18.
To God be the glory it ended in praise, baby alive, mommy alive and daddy overjoyed.
Faithful God!
Still in the hosp, bs will come later, resting now.

Thànk u Jesus!!! I rejoìce with u sis. May our Princess always make u happy and forever be a blessing to ur fàmilý. Congrats sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayabaniyi: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2018
Ammy5565:

Yes please. Since dh is negative and you are positive, baby can be either of the two. If he/she turns out to be negative like your dh, then you will be needing a rhogam shot with 72 hours of delivery to avoid possible iso-immunization.
Alright, thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by viettastitches(f): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
November mamas, wats supping. I have been so happy since yesterday I discovered my baby is a boy.

my first son after two beautiful girls,and my last child by God's Grace.

39 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayabaniyi: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
zaynie:

You don't need rhogam shots if you are positive, even if there's a chance you're having a negative child.
As long as the mom is positive, you and your subsequent babies are safe.

This is how Rhesus Factor works.
Rhesus Negative means I'm bare and innocent.
Rhesus Positive means I have a sign on me.
Now a Rhesus negative mom during birth exchanges blood with her child, her bare blood see the RH sign as foreign and immediately begins to produce antibodies against this sign. Now this has no effect on the child born and the antibodies go to sleep until she gets pregnant again. If she ventures gets pregnant with a RH positive child, her blood (which now has antibodies) remember the foreign sign and sees it as a threat thereby killing the child. Unless her subsequent kids are RH negative (without a sign) then there will be no trigger. But the issue is with Positive and Negative parents, there's a strong chance of being positive than negative.

Now with a Positive mom and a negative baby. The mom has the sign and the baby is bare. The mother is at no risk of developing antibodies because the sign is in her blood already and not foreign to her.
Their blood mixes but the baby's immune system is not yet mature enough to produce its own antibodies. All the antibodies found in a baby belongs to its mother and came from the placenta and breastmilk until the child is around 6m which is when you begin to notice some reactions if your baby is truly sensitive to certain foods. By 6m, the antibodies that came from birth would have disappeared in the blood and the baby begins to produce his own antibodies.

Hope I haven't confused you.
My Immunology is kinda rusty these days.
Wow :- thanks mama, Now i understand better God bless you ma.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Stmema: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
Good evening sabi mummies.... Pls who can describe contraction/early labour pains cos I have all sorts n dont know which is which.... Patiently waiting for response mas plsss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EzyF: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
To God be the glory it ended in praise, baby alive, mommy alive and daddy overjoyed.
Faithful God!

Congrats mama I'm so happy for u...my almost edd mate choi can't wait for my princess to be here may God make her all u wish and pray for

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
viettastitches:
November mamas, wats supping. I have been so happy since yesterday I discovered my baby is a boy.

my first son after two beautiful girls,and my last child by God's Grace.
Congrats. smiley We're doing good by God's grace.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by estagirl(f): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2018
Messyodi:

Thank you, i will go for checkup and do more fruits, although im not a fan of watermelon and cucumber.
Pls see ur doctor, don't delay...u can place ur legs on pillow wen u sleep too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 9:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Dazzlinganio:
Good evening mama’s please I have a question I am 21 weeks 6days today and for the pass few days I have noticed I have pain in my hip bone, is this normal? Standing up after sitting for a while is wahala. Please is there any February mamas with similar thing. Thanks

Yes I experienced it too. I think it has to do with the baby growing. Kpele mami

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:50pm On Oct 10, 2018
Stmema:
Good evening sabi mummies.... Pls who can describe contraction/early labour pains cos I have all sorts n dont know which is which.... Patiently waiting for response mas plsss

Contractions feel like menstrual cramps.
It starts from under your belly and you find your tummy hardening. You may also feel some back pain or leg pain.
It differs from Braxton Hicks cos it's more painful.
Real labour usually involves regular contractions. Like every hour or every 30 minutes or every 10 minutes and usually lasts for the same time say 30 seconds every 10 minutes.
The pain also keeps rising and doesn't subside even when you take a nap or rest.
When you are like 10 minutes apart in contractions, please begin to head to the hospital.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chithejoyfulmom: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
Chinnybaby99:
Mine is itchy inner ears I complained to my Dr severally and was given antibiotics too but nothing happened so I am just trying to cope. Sorry dear. Don't worry very soon it will end in praise.
thanks for getting back to me. because of the ear pain, my whole facial muscles is in pain.i can't even swallow or chew.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumy16: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

I welcomed my princess on 9/10/18 via (TLECS) at 6pm. Baby weighed 3.2kg. Help me thank God.

BS coming soon.
congrat ma..may God keep our princess..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mercifull(f): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2018
BS:
I conceived via ART so I was told to plan for elective CS since its a precious baby.Had been having contractions off and on from 28weeks.Was even admitted cos of it and given mess to calm the contractions. So, I went for ANC at about 38+ weeks and was told that my baby's heartbeat is not too good. So I was admitted for CTG monitoring, started having contractions but cervix was not opening at all. After over 12 hrs ,they noticed baby's heartbeat was slowing down esp with strong contractions. So I consented to a C section. Was taken to the theatre and spinal anesthesia given.I became numb waist down. Few seconds later, I couldn't feel my arms as well and could not breath nor swallow. I was struggling to talk but they couldn't hear me so I started praying and declaring that I shall not die. I heard the Dr's telling me to breath but I couldnt. Then one person said "She's unresponsive" that was the last thing I remember. Next I saw was my baby was out and wasn't crying, but few seconds later ,I heard her crying at a distance. Next I heard was see your baby.I looked to my side and beheld the most pretty baby girl I've ever seen. To the glory of God, I came out of that theatre alive with a living baby. God Almighty came through for me. The God of awesome wonders, faithful God, prayer answering father, merciful God completed that which He started to the shame of the devil. cheesy cheesy

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
Faithful God!
Wow congratulations mama. Thank God for safe delivery. God bless your adorable princess

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

I welcomed my princess on 9/10/18 via (TLECS) at 6pm. Baby weighed 3.2kg. Help me thank God.

BS coming soon.
Glory to God!. Congratulations mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2018
Congratz Rejoice 04
Welcome to the world baby!

November Mommas hope you all are feeling the sharp sharp delivery since September grin?

Na me go open floor for una o no need to confirm my EDD wink grin

Madam Zaynie I am waiting for you o......ABI na we get you *Zooms away in my Keke napep* grin

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
Faithful God!
Thank you Lord for this great news today and I pray that more good news from the remaining October/ pregnant mama
Indeed it ended in praise sis, so happy for you and may she be all you wished for mama.
Once again congrats

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

BS coming soon.
congrats mama and welcome to your princess.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:07am On Oct 11, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
Faithful God!
Thank you Jesus!!!
Finally your tears have been wiped away
Your daughter will continually bring you blessings and joy unlimited
Enjoy motherhood
Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mercifull(f): 12:22am On Oct 11, 2018
BlessedDiva:
BA!!!
Faithful God!
Congrats teamie.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mercifull(f): 12:23am On Oct 11, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

BS coming soon.
Congratulations mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by giftedofgod(f): 12:42am On Oct 11, 2018
Good morning mamas, I need your help o.
My baby boy toddler had chickenpox few weeks ago, we managed it and he is fine now except for spots. Now am seeing the extrusions on my body in diff places, abegi how do I curb the spread as am 37weeks. Am just scared/worried.... Can't imagine spots everywhere on my body....
Have been using calamine lotion plus efun.... I can't use any drug.....
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by giftedofgod(f): 12:43am On Oct 11, 2018
My baby boy toddler had chickenpox few weeks ago, we managed it and he is fine now except for spots. Now am seeing the extrusions on my body in diff places, abegi how do I curb the spread as am 37weeks. Am just scared/worried.... Can't imagine spots everywhere on my body....

Please put mouth o
Cc: October mamas
Lifted hands
Zaynie
Joomie
Sabi mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kayzat: 2:38am On Oct 11, 2018
Dazzlinganio:
Good evening mama’s please I have a question I am 21 weeks 6days today and for the pass few days I have noticed I have pain in my hip bone, is this normal? Standing up after sitting for a while is wahala. Please is there any February mamas with similar thing. Thanks

Lol. It's normal and it's because of the baby's increase in weight

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kayzat: 2:42am On Oct 11, 2018
mercifull:
BS:
I conceived via ART so I was told to plan for elective CS since its a precious baby.Had been having contractions off and on from 28weeks.Was even admitted cos of it and given mess to calm the contractions. So, I went for ANC at about 38+ weeks and was told that my baby's heartbeat is not too good. So I was admitted for CTG monitoring, started having contractions but cervix was not opening at all. After over 12 hrs ,they noticed baby's heartbeat was slowing down esp with strong contractions. So I consented to a C section. Was taken to the theatre and spinal anesthesia given.I became numb waist down. Few seconds later, I couldn't feel my arms as well and could not breath nor swallow. I was struggling to talk but they couldn't hear me so I started praying and declaring that I shall not die. I heard the Dr's telling me to breath but I couldnt. Then one person said "She's unresponsive" that was the last thing I remember. Next I saw was my baby was out and wasn't crying, but few seconds later ,I heard her crying at a distance. Next I heard was see your baby.I looked to my side and beheld the most pretty baby girl I've ever seen. To the glory of God, I came out of that theatre alive with a living baby. God Almighty came through for me. The God of awesome wonders, faithful God, prayer answering father, merciful God completed that which He started to the shame of the devil. cheesy cheesy

Praiiiise God. Congratulations ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mum2bsoon: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

BS coming soon.
Congratulations, God bless your lil girl.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 5:47am On Oct 11, 2018
giftedofgod:

Please put mouth o
Cc: October mamas
Lifte.d hands
Zay.nie
Joo.mie
Sabi mamas
Take your bath using apple cider vinegar as anticeptic( pls do not ingest)
Avoid using sponge for now to avoid spreading
For the spots when you deliver you can apply betnovate on the spots only, it will clear them off like magic

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 5:49am On Oct 11, 2018
Rejoice04:
BA!!

BS coming soon.
Congrats mama
God preserve and provide all needed to care for him
Wish you quick healing

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Thetherapist: 6:12am On Oct 11, 2018
Oh! So my lovely princess arrived on Monday 8th as against EDD of 30th September weighing 3.3kg.

My BS
Pregnancy was hitch free except for morning sickness that did not last the first trimester. EDD lapse and I wasn't feeling anything.so doctor said I should report for induction of labour at 41 weeks. 2 days to the said 41 weeks, I started seeing blood stain with leaking amniotic fluid. Reported to the hospital @ 41 weeks as planned and was already 4cm gone. I was assisted for membrane rupture and the contraction became more intense. By 3pm. I was checked and was only 5cm gone. Haaa! If I could report to the hospital with 4cm, then 9am to 3pm, all I had was 1cm. I requested to have an emergency CS and the doctors decline. Said queue for surgery was much. So they augmented labour and at 6pm, I was still at 5cm with real pain. When I couldn't bear the pain again, my sister in law made an arrangement for epidural and I was administered. Few hours later, I reached 10cm but baby wasn't coming out. They kept on saying baby head has not crown. They kept on asking me to push, but for every push, nah poo dey come out. Baby was later assisted using vacuum extractor. Then devil won struck again. Placenta was delivered and I started bleeding. The two doctors and nurses were already running around. U know that hospital med team commotion things. At the end the bleeding was arrested and I was sutured as I had episiotomy done. In all, I give thanks to Almighty Allah for giving me a second chance to live. Baby, daddy and mummy is saying thank you to all Nairaland mama for helping us out through the course of this journey. We all remaining mamas would deliver safely inshalla and all TTC mums shall carry there LO sooner than they expect

41 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) (4694) (4695) (4696) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.