Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145615 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4687) (4688) (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ayabaniyi:
Good day sabi mamas have been following this thread for months ayam a slient reader. Pls I need help about Rhesus factors I'm a FTM , DH is 0_ while I'm 0+ I was told in the Health centre to get the injections. Pls do I need the injection? Cos it seems the midwives don't
know much about it in here. E joor help a sister.
# team Dec adorablewife come and welcome your Sister
EDD Dec 6, sex XY
CC zaynie
Lifted hands
And other sabi mama
Welcome to the team sister, feel free and mingle.
I don't know much about Rhesus factor but I know the injection is very very important. Let me copy the mama I know took it here so she can come throw more light on it.
Cc: oliran
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayabaniyi: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2018
Adorablewifey:

Welcome to the team sister, feel free and mingle.
I don't know much about Rhesus factor but I know the injection is very very important. Let me copy the mama I know took it here so she can come throw more light on it.
Cc: oliran
Alright cappo, thanks .

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Helens101: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2018
Gudafternoon mamas,i
My baby is two week old today. We circumcised him at 8days using the ring method.pls,house,has any mama here had similar experience with me? The ring has fallen off but a tiny thread is holding the ring to my baby's joystick. It makes him cry and bleed a little. I don't know what to do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyP30(f): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Helens101:
Gudafternoon mamas,i
My baby is two week old today. We circumcised him at 8days using the ring method.pls,house,has any mama here had similar experience with me? The ring has fallen off but a tiny thread is holding the ring to my baby's joystick. It makes him cry and bleed a little. I don't know what to do.
I had similar experience with my first child, his own case was that the ring refuse to fall off nd was kind of too tight that made him to always cry because of pain. Wat I did was to take him back to the place dat they circumcised him they now removed everything because his joystick was already healed but the ring nd d thread was too tight,so I will advice you to take him back to the place pls they will remove the thread immediately I can't imagine the kind of pain ur LO is under going kindly do something fast pls.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Helens101: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks ladyp30,if the thread does not go off tonight and tomorrow morning, I will take him back to the hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Messyodi(f): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Congrats to all the moms that have birthed angry it is the lords doing...

i am 22weeks gone and i am already having swollen feet. Its really swollen and my bump is looking so big like someone that is 8months gone . What can i do to lessen this swolleness all around me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ennygal: 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
indian03:

You can do scan as often as you like it can't hurt your baby and since its not like X-ray, so i was told by my doctor. You can know the sex your baby as soon as 18 weeks. Some people say some twins can hide but my doctor told me twins can't be missed by scan and you can find out as soon as 8-12weeks.
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2018
E jo e gbami o I’ve been stooling since yesterday night, even my Antenatal appointment today I couldn’t attend , I’ve drank water and eaten just an apple today , I’m 28 weeks gone; last time I had this situation I took immodium and ended up with serious constipation and I even read immodium is class c drug for pregnant women.
I intend to call into the hospital this evening if I don’t improve because I’m totally dehydrated I’ve drank water and I want to make ORS solution now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by estagirl(f): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=Messyodi post=71928451]Congrats to all the moms that have birthed angry it is the lords doing...

i am 22weeks gone and i am already having swollen feet. Its really swollen and my bump is looking so big like someone that is 8months gone . What can i do to lessen this swolleness all around me[/quote
Please go for check up even thou its not yet your visit day.... swollen feet at 22 weeks is too early, and its a sign of PIH...just go for check up and if ur blood pressure is normal, then no cause for alarm
Try to eat a lot of fruits especially cucumber and water melon
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pateffy: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Helens101:
Gudafternoon mamas,i

Go back to where it was done for it to be checked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aitee1: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
Hello waddling mamas hope the ministry is moving smoothly

Independence mamas how's the countdown abeg what's this sharp pain on my pelvic when I walk is that braxton hick or contraction?
Yesterday was ANC and the midwife that examined me said baby has drop and in good position that I should just be ready any day it can happen, I just dey hungry like tomorrow no dey

A big congrats to all the mamas that have offloaded!
Zaynie and all other Oct 25th mums make una no leave me behind oh, we must born the same day...lol

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ayabaniyi:
Good day sabi mamas have been following this thread for months ayam a slient reader. Pls I need help about Rhesus factors I'm a FTM , DH is 0_ while I'm 0+ I was told in the Health centre to get the injections. Pls do I need the injection? Cos it seems the midwives don't
EDD Dec 6, sex XY
CC zaynie
Lifted hands
And other sabi mama
Rhogam injection is meant for negative mothers from what I know.
positive mothers don't need Rhogam.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by EzyF: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ejika48:
teamies how is d ministry going o...I hope u all have started giving it to oga back to back coz this is d time to enjoy otimokpor lol� we haven't checked our sex o. Im just scared hope it won't be a baby girl again i already have two DD . Supernatural delivery to everyone. We will all see n hold our lo with smiles on our faces in Jesus name

Mama baby girls are a blessing from God we are 3 girls in my family and I'm so thankful my first child is going to be a girl wunt even trade her for a boy right now

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rabluk(f): 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Messyodi:
Congrats to all the moms that have birthed angry it is the lords doing...

i am 22weeks gone and i am already having swollen feet. Its really swollen and my bump is looking so big like someone that is 8months gone . What can i do to lessen this swolleness all around me

So sorry abt that teamie. For now pls keep ur legs elevated and report to hospital to b sure everything is fine.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ziby: 5:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Pls mama in d house I need flask dat is very good wat product can I get
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayabaniyi: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Oliran:

Okay, thanks ma, atimes some health workers cos confusion. It's well

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tessie89: 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ziby:
Pls mama in d house I need flask dat is very good wat product can I get

Gint has been the bam for me oo, my love for this flask no be here oo,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2018
GenyEbere:

Oh wow cute smile kiss
He's big for 2 months, well done mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 7:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
zaynie:
TEAM OCTOBER 2018

Guys you're quiet these days ó.
Let's come out and make some noise.
Have you taken your early morning walk?
ANC is now on a weekly basis so feel free to ask questions from your Dr.
Check what facilities they have to cater for a jaundiced newborn, take a look at their NICU, blood bank etc. We won't need it by God's grace but we need all the reassurance we can get.
I'm sure bags are packed. Don't forget to get a wrapper as that would be most comfortable the first few days.
Have you been cleaning your nipps? Scrub those dark and crusty stuff off it, we don't want baby ingesting it.
I'm sure you have all downloaded the contraction timer app. It will help to distinguish between real and false labour.
Remember to have no fear, our body was made to do this. Women have been birthing easily and successfully since time immemorial, ours will not be different. It will be easier and faster.
Do your squats, tidy up the house, put finishing touches, make your hair, always have credit on your phone, have a driver at hand, use your drugs èsp the fesolate and don't stop praying.
May our joy not be cut short.

Big congrats to this week's announcement.
Chinyeresandra
Mercifull
Fabmummy
Anniebamba1
Docnnechiji
Bayobabe
May your bundles of joy always make you happy and proud. Amin
We await your sweet BirthStories

The Forerunners.

Ported to September.
1. Jumy16.......... XY 13/10>>>23/9
2. joomie........... XY 01/10>>>28/9 BS SEEN
3. Godisgracious XX. ? >>>>>>28/9

Ported from September
1. Owasgirl ....... XX ....... 03/10
2. SwtDove ....... XX ....... 04/10

October VIPs
1. Anniebamba1............................ >>01/10 BS SEEN
1. Heroesmum................... 02 .... XX → 03/10
2. Chinyeresandra ............. .... XX →03/10
3. bayobabe .......................14.... XY →04/10
4. Docnnechiji .................... 14 .... XY →04/10 BS SEEN
5. mercifull ......................... 09 .... XX →04/10
6. Fabmummy .................... 06 ... XX → 07/10

1. Thetherapist................... 01
2. amypearl ........................ 05
4. Rukkington ..................... 06 .... XX

7.Chachabae........................11
8. vicky9ice .........................12
9. Rejoice04 ....................... 13...... XX
10. ngsoundz ....................... 13

13. Enkaylala2 ..................... 17 .... XY
14. Stmema ........................ 18
15. Funmi2510 .................... 24
16. Zaynie ............................ 25 ... XX
17. gudbadgal ..................... 25 ... XX
18. Aitee1............................. 25
19. orirebaby ....................... 25
20. ladyP30 ......................... 26
21. Blesseddiva .................. 28
22. BeeBlossoms ............... 29 .... XX
23. giftedofgod .................. 31
24. Mumifortune ................ 31
25. Tinutunde
27. gracewealth007
28. Topmid .......................... ...XY
29. GODSMILEFOREVER
30.Tabsy
31. Pacce

Thanks mama Zaynie, we are doing well to the glory of God.
Amen to your prayer, we shall testify in Jesus name Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funmi2510: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Aitee1:

Independence mamas how's the countdown abeg what's this sharp pain on my pelvic when I walk is that braxton hick or contraction?
Yesterday was ANC and the midwife that examined me said baby has drop and in good position that I should just be ready any day it can happen, I just dey hungry like tomorrow no dey

Zaynie and all other Oct 25th mums make una no leave me behind oh, we must born the same day...lol

Mine is Oct 24 and my birthday is Oct 25...i just hope is falls to 25 Oct...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Aitee1:

Ọmọ that 25th is far o lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2018
chloe00:
E jo e gbami o I’ve been stooling since yesterday night, even my Antenatal appointment today I couldn’t attend , I’ve drank water and eaten just an apple today , I’m 28 weeks gone; last time I had this situation I took immodium and ended up with serious constipation and I even read immodium is class c drug for pregnant women.
I intend to call into the hospital this evening if I don’t improve because I’m totally dehydrated I’ve drank water and I want to make ORS solution now

Please try to go to the hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
zaynie:

Please try to go to the hospital
Ah thank you very much , the thing has gone after I drank garri as advised by someone and the salt and sugar solution I felt good but regardless I’ll still see the doctor tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Oliran:

Please I want to know. My first blood group test years ago was AB-, I did again some months ago at same lab and it came out A-, I had to do another at one hospital and it came out as A+... During ante natal they now said it is A-. Meanwhile the height of my confusion is the fact that my mum is A+, dad B+, and my two siblings B+, where is my negative coming from? ...DH is O+... What if I'm actually + but still receive the rhogam injection, will it have any effect on me? I'm so confused. I intend doing a repeat at my hospital and another at the national hospital here in Abj... I'm about 28weeks gone and if I'm really -, then this is he best time for me to take the rhogam injection from what I heard. I'm so confused and worried.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 9:03pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ayabaniyi:
EDD Dec 6, sex XY
CC zaynie
Lifted hands
And other sabi mama
Yes please. Since dh is negative and you are positive, baby can be either of the two. If he/she turns out to be negative like your dh, then you will be needing a rhogam shot with 72 hours of delivery to avoid possible iso-immunization.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ammy5565(f): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2018
SlimBrawnie:

Please I want to know. My first blood group test years ago was AB-, I did again some months ago at same lab and it came out A-, I had to do another at one hospital and it came out as A+... During ante natal they now said it is A-. Meanwhile the height of my confusion is the fact that my mum is A+, dad B+, and my two siblings B+, where is my negative coming from? ...DH is O+... What if I'm actually + but still receive the rhogam injection, will it have any effect on me? I'm so confused. I intend doing a repeat at my hospital and another at the national hospital here in Abj... I'm about 28weeks gone and if I'm really -, then this is he best time for me to take the rhogam injection from what I heard. I'm so confused and worried.
Please go to a reputable lab. Most of these mushroom labs give false results. You need to be sure because rhesus incompatibility is not something to play with.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ameera2018(f): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ayabaniyi:
EDD Dec 6, sex XY
CC zaynie
Lifted hands
And other sabi mama

You don't need rhogam shots if you are positive, even if there's a chance you're having a negative child.
As long as the mom is positive, you and your subsequent babies are safe.

This is how Rhesus Factor works.
Rhesus Negative means I'm bare and innocent.
Rhesus Positive means I have a sign on me.
Now a Rhesus negative mom during birth exchanges blood with her child, her bare blood see the RH sign as foreign and immediately begins to produce antibodies against this sign. Now this has no effect on the child born and the antibodies go to sleep until she gets pregnant again. If she ventures gets pregnant with a RH positive child, her blood (which now has antibodies) remember the foreign sign and sees it as a threat thereby killing the child. Unless her subsequent kids are RH negative (without a sign) then there will be no trigger. But the issue is with Positive and Negative parents, there's a strong chance of being positive than negative.

Now with a Positive mom and a negative baby. The mom has the sign and the baby is bare. The mother is at no risk of developing antibodies because the sign is in her blood already and not foreign to her.
Their blood mixes but the baby's immune system is not yet mature enough to produce its own antibodies. All the antibodies found in a baby belongs to its mother and came from the placenta and breastmilk until the child is around 6m which is when you begin to notice some reactions if your baby is truly sensitive to certain foods. By 6m, the antibodies that came from birth would have disappeared in the blood and the baby begins to produce his own antibodies.

Hope I haven't confused you.
My Immunology is kinda rusty these days.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ameera2018:
Good evening sabi mamas please I need help, I am 16 weeks gone, this evening I was washing up, I put one finger in to clean and next thing blood. I had a cerclage inserted at 12 weeks. Please what do I do.

What are you cleaning biko.
If you had cerclage done then you should know you have a sensitive cervix and anything could trigger it.
Please head to the hospital so they can be sure what's really going on in there.

Good luck kiss

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ziby: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
Tessie89:

Gint has been the bam for me oo, my love for this flask no be here oo,
tnx HV been trying to get over here dey did nt hv,dey only HV eurosonic

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dazzlinganio: 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2018
Good evening mama’s please I have a question I am 21 weeks 6days today and for the pass few days I have noticed I have pain in my hip bone, is this normal? Standing up after sitting for a while is wahala. Please is there any February mamas with similar thing. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (4687) (4688) (4689) (4690) (4691) (4692) (4693) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.