Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,101 members, 7,828,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8175526 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4734) (4735) (4736) (4737) (4738) (4739) (4740) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
It is well.
thank you ma I receive the hug t

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rukkington(f): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
ennygal:
Congratulations ma! Is UCH ok for child delivery because i have two hospitals on my mind for ANC, UCH and Alaafia hospital. I don't know which one to go for. I'm confused

Uch is very OK for delivery. They will take good care of you there. I don't know Alaafia hospital

Thanks ummufareed, vannywealthdesi and sunbestie

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
Rukkington:
BIRTH STORY

It all started on 24th of September at about 11:00pm. i was preparing for my next paper because i was writing exams which ended on 25th September before i started having regular contractions. The contraction was strong and i was feeling mild pain at my lower back. i was confusing it for braxton hick contractions but when the pain was continuous, it dawned on me that i was in labour and my next paper was 8:00 am the next morning so i didn't bother going to the hospital in other not to miss my exams and since the pain was mild, i was able to read that night.

While in the exam hall the next day, i was timing the contractions; i took permission to use the rest room and when i checked my pant, i saw show. I had to leave the exam hall ten minutes to the end of the paper because i usually exhaust the time assigned for a paper. Before i left the department for the hospital, i went to the HOD's office to explain to him that i was in labour because there was another paper by 2:00pm but he was not in his office, i went to the office of the lecturer in charge of the next exam, he was also not on seat so i had to explain to a coursemate to convey my message to the course rep who was still in the exam hall

When i got to the hospital, i explained to the nurses that i was in labour and they sent for my file immediately. All the while, i was really calm; you would hardly know i was in labour. While they were calling the labour ward to inform them that a patient was coming, i ruptured my membrane and i was wheeled immediately to the labour ward. I was checked at the labour ward and to my greatest surprise i was already 10cm dilated. I shouted when the doctor said i was fully dilated.
Full dilation without pain! just discomfort

I was taken to the delivery room immediately and was told to push at the next contraction. I pushed twice and my princess said hello to the world at 11:57am; while her head was out, they noticed cord was on her neck, they adjusted it and brought her out but she did not cry maybe due to the cord on her neck and after series of things done by the matron, she cried. she weighed 3.4kg and i didn't have tear.

I thank God for a supernatural delivery because it was indeed a supernatural delivery. My pregnancy was a walk in the park and labour was painless.

After the whole delivery process was over, i called my course rep and some course mates to inform them that i had put to bed and that i can write the next paper if they can plead on my behalf that the question be brought to the hospital. My HOD agreed and said my husband should come to school to pick the person that will supervise me. That was how i wrote my last paper in the labour ward.

Note: I took a very big risk because i didn't want to miss any exams in other not to spend more than 18 months assigned for the programme at the detriment of my health. If i had spent the remaining ten minutes in the exam hall, i would gave birth on the way and only God knows what would have happen to me and my baby. Because i was not feeling so much pain, i thought i was just 2cm dilated not knowing labour was really progressing.
I left school (University of Ibadan) at 11:23am and gave birth at 11:57am at UCH. A very big risk i took. I just thank God UI is closer to UCH

My advise is that once you know labour has established, head to the hospital immediately. Because you are not feeling so much pain doesn't mean dilation is not taking place. You just might be having a painless labour.

Once again, i thank God for a safe delivery and i pray all GTC mum experience this wonderful feeling. Baby dust to you all

cc joomie
Wow what an amazing story. Congratulations mama and your baby is so beautiful. God bless her.
I tap into this easy, painless delivery. Anything is possible I believe!
Our stories will end gloriously

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2018
sunbestie:
Surulady don't worry urself too much because God have a better plan for u.
Make sure u and hubby are taking d treatment for a better result.
We are expecting u soon.
yes I believe in God and his ways are perfect
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
Surulady:
in every situation have learnt to give thanks.after the URINARYAND FULL BLOOD COUNT test it shows i have infections that needs to be treated but it will affect the pregnancy even if i decide to leave it that the pregnancy might still result to miscarriage later .its better i treat it now and prepare for a better one.so i decide to start the treatment ystdy lo and behold everything came down i guess i thank God for life and to all the mummies thank you all,i know and believe God has a better plan for me.
It is well with you dear. God will grant you the one that will stay. Your testimony is sure.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
Xzandy:

Thank God at least the root cause was found....
Be strong and you will see yourself back and bubbling ready to waddle again...
Dont let what hubby says get to you....after all his ginger when baby arrives he will be dozing at night while you stay awake to breastfeed (times like this I want to pinch my husband)
May you be blessed with double for your trouble.
i was scared to tell him had to tell Dr to tell him...hmmmm that’s men for you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anapuao(f): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
November mommies get set. cheesy
We are ready cappo. I feek like doing vigil tonight to count down the time hahahaha.
Baby dust on all of us. Safe delivery, bumper to bumper BAs and BS in Jesus name.
The red carpet is rolled out for the grand entrance of our princes and princesses!

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
FloraEC:

Please make sure your hubby is treating with you to avoid reoccurring. Kpele dear, is well
yes he will thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
sexyjuly:
Am fine oo.though my edd was november but unfortunately my water broke on September 21th and I had an emergency Cs on the 25th of September(33weeks) as amniotic fluid kept decreasing after several scans.thank God it ended in praise as I welcomed my prince charming.though it has not been easy as nobody is doing omugwo for me coupled with the fact that am a FTM.

Congrats mama kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2018
Anapuao:

It is well with you dear. God will grant you the one that will stay. Your testimony is sure.
Ameen I believe that testimony is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
chloe00:
Hi mama’s I was rushed to the hospital last night after I felt this sharp pain in my right chest and arm that was persistent. After all the tests ran doctor They said I have Pre eclampsia, my blood pressure was suddenly skyrocketed and it’s been normal these while , and I’m only 31 weeks gone.
Is there anyone who has experienced this before because right now I’ve been referred to mecure to run more tests

Wow!
Just keep resting.
I know munching on cucumbers helps to lower BP.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Surulady: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
MamaTuoyo:

So sorry MA. Thank God they found what is wrong. Just get yourself treated and everything will be okay. The next will definitely stay. Make sure hubby is treated as well.
thank you so much ma you were always there for me.may God bless you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
Glad you are. smiley your baby could be born anytime from now( but please avoid Zainy's basin for just today grin)Congrats in advance. smiley

I still have 5 hours o grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ennygal: 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks ma.
Rukkington:

Uch is very OK for delivery. They will take good care of you there. I don't know Alaafia hospital

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ennygal: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks ma. May God bless you ma
Rukkington:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sexyjuly(f): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Thanks dear.
zaynie:

Congrats mama kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Congrats Rukkington.

Your baby is already a Professor.
You better include her name in the acknowledgement page of your Project Report

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
Surulady:
thank you ma I receive the hug t
smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2018
Anapuao:

We are ready cappo. I feek like doing vigil tonight to count down the time hahahaha.
Baby dust on all of us. Safe delivery, bumper to bumper BAs and BS in Jesus name.
The red carpet is rolled out for the grand entrance of our princes and princesses!
Amen, amen! cheesy
The big count down has begun. Dancing happily. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jennyurch(f): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Rukkington:
BIRTH STORY

It all started on 24th of September at about 11:00pm. i was preparing for my next paper because i was writing exams which ended on 25th September before i started having regular contractions. The contraction was strong and i was feeling mild pain at my lower back. i was confusing it for braxton hick contractions but when the pain was continuous, it dawned on me that i was in labour and my next paper was 8:00 am the next morning so i didn't bother going to the hospital in other not to miss my exams and since the pain was mild, i was able to read that night.

While in the exam hall the next day, i was timing the contractions; i took permission to use the rest room and when i checked my pant, i saw show. I had to leave the exam hall ten minutes to the end of the paper because i usually exhaust the time assigned for a paper. Before i left the department for the hospital, i went to the HOD's office to explain to him that i was in labour because there was another paper by 2:00pm but he was not in his office, i went to the office of the lecturer in charge of the next exam, he was also not on seat so i had to explain to a coursemate to convey my message to the course rep who was still in the exam hall

When i got to the hospital, i explained to the nurses that i was in labour and they sent for my file immediately. All the while, i was really calm; you would hardly know i was in labour. While they were calling the labour ward to inform them that a patient was coming, i ruptured my membrane and i was wheeled immediately to the labour ward. I was checked at the labour ward and to my greatest surprise i was already 10cm dilated. I shouted when the doctor said i was fully dilated.
Full dilation without pain! just discomfort

I was taken to the delivery room immediately and was told to push at the next contraction. I pushed twice and my princess said hello to the world at 11:57am; while her head was out, they noticed cord was on her neck, they adjusted it and brought her out but she did not cry maybe due to the cord on her neck and after series of things done by the matron, she cried. she weighed 3.4kg and i didn't have tear.

I thank God for a supernatural delivery because it was indeed a supernatural delivery. My pregnancy was a walk in the park and labour was painless.

After the whole delivery process was over, i called my course rep and some course mates to inform them that i had put to bed and that i can write the next paper if they can plead on my behalf that the question be brought to the hospital. My HOD agreed and said my husband should come to school to pick the person that will supervise me. That was how i wrote my last paper in the labour ward.

Note: I took a very big risk because i didn't want to miss any exams in other not to spend more than 18 months assigned for the programme at the detriment of my health. If i had spent the remaining ten minutes in the exam hall, i would gave birth on the way and only God knows what would have happen to me and my baby. Because i was not feeling so much pain, i thought i was just 2cm dilated not knowing labour was really progressing.
I left school (University of Ibadan) at 11:23am and gave birth at 11:57am at UCH. A very big risk i took. I just thank God UI is closer to UCH

My advise is that once you know labour has established, head to the hospital immediately. Because you are not feeling so much pain doesn't mean dilation is not taking place. You just might be having a painless labour.

Once again, i thank God for a safe delivery and i pray all GTC mum experience this wonderful feeling. Baby dust to you all

cc joomie
awww....cute baby...congrats mummy...i tap into this your supernatural labour and delivery...May ur baby be for signs and wonders.. Amen..!!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2018
zaynie:

I still have 5 hours o grin
Give up! Give up! Give up! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2018
VannywealthDesi:
Give up! Give up! Give up! cheesy

Never!
Never!!
Never!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldenheart002(f): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
zaynie:

Never!
Never!!
Never!!!

Believe me, some of them have even pop! Just waiting for Nov b4 Dem announce grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VannywealthDesi(f): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2018
zaynie:

Never!
Never!!
Never!!!
*checks time*
You're too stubborn Kai!
But we will disappoint you. tongue tongue cheesy cheesy
Goldenheart002:

Believe me, some of them have even pop! Just waiting for Nov b4 Dem announce grin
*side eyes*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rejoice04(f): 9:48pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=zaynie post=72573261]

I still have 5 hours o grin[/quote

I even dreamt that one of the November mamas gave birth to twin boys today grin

Runs out of the thread.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
Surulady:
i was scared to tell him had to tell Dr to tell him...hmmmm that’s men for you

You will be fine. kiss kiss
*Big warm hug*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rejoice04(f): 9:54pm On Oct 31, 2018
Surulady:
in every situation have learnt to give thanks.after the URINARYAND FULL BLOOD COUNT test it shows i have infections that needs to be treated but it will affect the pregnancy even if i decide to leave it that the pregnancy might still result to miscarriage later .its better i treat it now and prepare for a better one.so i decide to start the treatment ystdy lo and behold everything came down i guess i thank God for life and to all the mummies thank you all,i know and believe God has a better plan for me.

I love your spirit ma. Just make sure you and hubby are clear of the infection by testing again after treatment.

God will grant you double or triple according to your desire for your trouble and this time they will stay to bring joy into your home.

Expecting you back here soonest.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xzandy(f): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
[quote author=Rejoice04 post=72577514][/quote]

Runs out of thread too..... tongue
all these Josephs and Josephines ehn! I am not understanding shocked shocked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rejoice04(f): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
Once again, i thank God for a safe delivery and i pray all GTC mum experience this wonderful feeling. Baby dust to you[/quote]

Congrats mama. I love your birth story and your baby is so beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rejoice04(f): 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
Please mamas that had CS delivery when did you take your first proper bath. I can't remember when I bath for my first baby and I also forgot to ask my doctor.

This is my 3rd week without bathing because I don't want story that touch. The heat here in Abuja is crazy I need that bath badly.

Thanks as you respond.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ayaomen(f): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2018
Abeg any skin care therapy after delivery?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigbird: 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
BA!BA!BA!
I welcomed my beautiful princess on Saturday October 20th at 8:13am through Elective CS weighing 2.78kg.
We are both doing fine and have just been able to come online since then.
That’s how I ported from November sha o but we Thank God.

Joomie:
TEAM OCTOBER 2018
Back to Back B.A

Let's come out and make some noise.
Have you taken your early morning walk?
ANC is now on a weekly basis so feel free to ask questions from your Dr.
Check what facilities they have to cater for a jaundiced newborn, take a look at their NICU, blood bank etc. We won't need it by God's grace but we need all the reassurance we can get.
I'm sure bags are packed. Don't forget to get a wrapper as that would be most comfortable the first few days.
Have you been cleaning your nipps? Scrub those dark and crusty stuff off it, we don't want baby ingesting it.
I'm sure you have all downloaded the contraction timer app.

A very big congratulations to our newest mummies,may your babies bring joy to your family at all times.

Remaining October mamas. The Lord will make it easy for you. We still have 9 days to go so don't relent.

The Forerunners.

Ported to September.
1. Jumy16.......... XY 13/10>>>23/9 BS SEEN
2.Rukkington.......XX. 06/10>>>25/9
2. joomie........... XY 01/10>>>28/9 BS SEEN
3. Godisgracious XX. ? >>>>>>28/9

Ported from September
1. Owasgirl ....... XX ....... 03/10. BS SEEN
2. SwtDove ....... XX ....... 04/10
3. Thetherapist..XX...........8/10 BS SEEN

October VIPs
01. Anniebamba1......................... →01/10 BS SEEN
02. Heroesmum............... 02 .... XX → 03/10 BS SEEN
03. Chinyeresandra .......... .... XX →03/10
04. bayobabe ....................14.... XY →04/10
05. Docnnechiji ............... 14 .... XY →04/10 BS SEEN
06. mercifull .................... 09 .... XX →04/10 BS SEEN
07. Fabmummy .. ............ 06. .. XX → 07/10 BS SEEN
08. BlessedDiva................. 28...XX → 9/10 BS SEEN
09. Rejoice04..................... 13....XX →9/10. BS SEEN
10. EzyF ............................. 25 ... XX →13/10. BS SEEN
11. ngsoundz .................. 13 ... XX →14/10. BS SEEN
12. Zaynie ............................ 25 ...XX →15/10 BS SEEN
13. Luvissweet2f................................... 15/10
14. Aitee1......................... 25 ... XX →16/10 BS SEEN
15. GODSMILEFOREVER. XY → 16/10
16. Orirebaby
17. Tabsy
18. vicky9ice .......................12 ... XX →22/10
19. gudbadgal .................... 25 ... XX →23/10
20. Mumifortune ................ 31... XX → 25/10
21. Funmi2510 ................... 24 ...XY → 24/10
22. gracewealth007 ................... XY →26/10
23. Chachabae........................11 ... XX →15/10

amypearl ........................ 05
Enkaylala2 ..................... 17 .... XY
Stmema ........................ 18
ladyP30 ......................... 26
BeeBlossoms ............... 29 .... XX
giftedofgod .................. 31
Tinutunde
Topmid .......................... ...XY
Pacce
Bukit05..............

As we are gearing up to enter the last week of October, our remaining mamas should know that they are in our prayers and our victory is sure on all sides by the grace of God.

We are also expecting our November porters to start taking their seats ooo especially those ones Zaynie packed the other time.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4734) (4735) (4736) (4737) (4738) (4739) (4740) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: butterfly55(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.