Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,366 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (4833) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8181021 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=mum2bsoon post=74183846]BA BA BA

To God be the glory, I put to birth a beautiful baby girl at 12:58pm today 26th of Dec.
Weight 3.4kg with plenty tears that reach my anus
In all am grateful, baby is doing fine, sister is joyful, daddy is happy and mummy is recuperating.
Cc cappo Adorablewifey

BS later[/quote

Congrats mama and welcome to your beautiful baby girl, she's blessed. So sorry about that tear, quick healing dear

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlessedDiva: 8:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
Towerofgrace:
I have come to report for preggy duties oo,

August cappo add me to the list mama Giddyperson, the mama with virtual binoculars I was just laughing when you said you suspect me. grin

My long awaited testimony is here, God has turned my sorrow to dancing, pls wonderful mamas I need your continuous prayers

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi le to

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi dara

Cc Adorablewifey come August, AdorableBaby will be big sister, yipee!!!!
Zaynie get ready for omugwo
Liftedhands I have claimed my plot

Congratulations dear, wishing you a supernatural carriage and delivery at full term in the mighty name of Jesus Christ Amen. Hes a faithful God.

All about to conceive mamas carrying out the act of faith, my God, your God will definitely do that which He alone can and wil do, 2019 will be a year of dominion over TTC and delays in Jesus mighty name Amen.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 8:54pm On Dec 27, 2018
zaynie:

Number one, if your Dr is suggesting bedrest then I think you should adhere to it. I really do.
Secondly, that heaviness you are feeling could be your baby descending which is too early, only a scan can rule it out totally.
On the other hand, it's perfectly normal for you to feel heaviness in the pelvic region. For me, walking makes it better and sitting for a long time makes it hurt more.

Please do a scan and work in hand with your doctor
Much love kiss

He mentioned baby's head being down after doing the scan.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2018
My fellow mamas come and help me oh. I want to rant 40weeks+2days no show yet. I have walked, Drank raspberry leaf tea, eaten pineapple still no show barely 2cm dilated. Dr did membrane sweep yesterday still no contraction all my pelvic bones and waist aches from taking long walks. I can barely change position on the bed. Will be induced on Monday if i don't fall into labor b4 then. I don't want induction God help me.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by obinnanelson4(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
Chanbaby:
My fellow mamas come and help me oh. I want to rant 40weeks+2days no show yet. I have walked, Drank raspberry leaf tea, eaten pineapple still no show barely 2cm dilated. Dr did membrane sweep yesterday still no contraction all my pelvic bones and waist aches from taking long walks. I can barely change position on the bed. Will be induced on Monday if i don't fall into labor b4 then. I don't want induction God help me.
madam the Lord is your strength and he will see you through.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gracedom: 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Jina24:

osas4g
pam09
spiceeamie
keeki
Gracedom
eksbabe
AyaTiraj

Dear teamies kindly pop in and say something so we know you're doing well, thanks kiss

Hello Cappo, I’m doing great, sorry for the long silence, been offline for a while and now trying to catchup. Thanks for checking on us.

Congrats to those that have given birth and we pray for swift birthing to those about to. Smooth pregnancy journey we pray too. And we pray for a flood of BFPs for the GTCs before the remaining days of this year runs out.

Sometimes I wish I have a Doppler to be checking heartbeat myself grin esp after one stressful moment or the other, anxiety shaaaa.

Pls @foreveryoung1515, kindly send me a mail

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by joilin(f): 10:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
helen4:
BA! BA!! BA!!!.
MY Damsel arrived yesterday at 8:22pm via emergency cs after excruciating labour that wasn't progressing. Seven years of GTC finally over. Cappo Besea and team January thank you.
Hip Hip hip hooray . Congratulations teamie. Welcome baby girl- You are blessed and favored. Quick recovery dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 12:15am On Dec 28, 2018
MamaTuoyo:

WOW. Nice one
Thanks ma,situations changes plan.I had severe preemclampsia suddenly, any delay would have cost me my life and that of my baby.
Even at 33weeks a baby will still be fine.
All in All,Trust your Doctors.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 12:16am On Dec 28, 2018
Honeydoc:
Hello mama! How goes things? How's princess doing? I noticed you removed stuff from your diary, hope all is well? Please oh I need to gist crayfish business with you oh! When you have the time Biko
Am fine o,Condition make crayfish bend,anytime you are ready no wahala.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nnekaike(f): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2018
Towerofgrace:

Congratulations ma,
You will carry your miracle baby to term.
Enjoy your pregnancy.
May God pass this blessing to all GTC mamas around the world.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mum2bsoon: 12:30am On Dec 28, 2018
[quote author=BlessedDiva post=74219660][/quote]
Amen ma, thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chinnybaby99: 5:37am On Dec 28, 2018
Adorablewifey:
My Birth story....

My bfp happened at a time when I'd lost all hope on TTC but was relentless.
I had a very stress free pregnancy. My BP and blood sugar level was always on point, no trace of protein in my urine except for pcv result that came out as 29% at 15weeks which i was placed on blood tonics. At 35 weeks a repeat test was done and it came back as 34%, my worries were over as that was the only thing giving me concerns about labour.
Same 35weeks a late dating scan was done which showed my baby weighing 3kg, I was advised to cut down on carbohydrates and do more of fruits and veggies. I wasn't moved by the size as I was convinced that God who kept it there will bring my baby out when it's time.
38 weeks came I was glad I was almost done being pregnant and about to meet our rainbow, the one reason why DH and i cry together. I was already tired of being pregnant and want baby out before the 40weeks mark so I started a 1hr daily walk.
At 38 weeks 6days which was my last antenatal, for the first time my BP read 130/90. I had my concerns about it but my Dr assured me it was fine. That same day I had this headache that lasted like 4hrs even after taking PCM.
On the day I clocked 39 weeks, I decided to up my walk to 2hrs. I did that day with so much energy and knew that something must happen that night. I went to bed with hope of been awoken by contractions but behold I sleep through the night like a baby, I was really disappointed.
39week 1day was FIL memorial, Dh was seriously praying for our baby to come that day but no, God got other plans.
The headache continued again so I told DH that I needed to check my BP as I wasn't comfortable with this headache anymore. We went to the nearest pharmacy to get my baby's soap so I ceased the opportunity to check my BP. I was advised by the pharmacist that I should go check in to my hospital immediately as PCM will only do nothing at this point. When I took a look at the reading, it read 154/110, then I knew it's time to stop the PCM.
we went home picked my hospital card and left for the hospital emergency unit. There another reading was done, time it read 157/110 I was immediately placed on admission. Dh was asked to go bring hospital bag as they were suspecting a case of preeclamppsia. This was around pass 2pm in the afternoon. They kept running one test or the other. Drugs was giving to stabilize my BP to prepare me for induction. They were able to get it to 147/100 at mid night or there about. By 4am which was 39 weeks 2days the induction process started. Mi.sopris.tol was inserted to ripen my cervix.
At 9am I was checked and confirmed to be 2-3cm dilated. At this point my BP was still constantly been monitored yet it kept going up even after the drugs and injs.
Hours later I was having fever with temperature reading at 38.4c and BP 174/110. I was checked to see how far dilated I was, by noon time I was told still 2cm dilated so at this point my membrane was broken to fasten labour. Dr came back to check at pass 4 to see how far dilated again he was shocked to meet me yet again at 2cm. What baffled him most was that baby's head wasn't descending, he was convinced there must be an obstruction somewhere. In all this my baby's heartbeat was constantly been monitored and she was doing fine. He told me he was going to allow me try vaginal delivery but seeing that I wasn't progressing and with my fever and blood pressure constantly on the increase he would advised that I opt for an emergency C-section. I allowed him to finish trying to cajole me and said "Sir, can you pls get my baby out? I've waited for this miracle for 4yrs plus, what's with vaginal delivery?.
He was shocked and was like "Madam, if you had told me this earlier I wouldn't have allowed you go through this pain for this long". He asked that the consent form be signed by Dh, i told him Dh was out for a job but was on his way back and asked that my Mil signed and my cousin to bear witness. Consent was giving as we waited for DH to join us before been wheeled to the theater.
By pass 5pm I was wheeled in and by 5:45 my princess was brought out weighing 2:8kg with strangling cord around her neck and with the largest meconium Dr said he has ever seen in his years of practice.
She was quickly rushed to be resuscitated as she didn't cry. After about 5mins I heard for the first time my baby's cry and I cried.
The nurse standing by my head asked if I was feeling pain seeing me crying. I said no but I was in fact in pain. The pain that TTC made me go through came flashing back and i cried that finally TTC just got defeated.
I stretched to take a look my princess from afar, smiled and fell into what seems like the best sleep ever. YES, I JUST BECAME A MOTHER.

PART 2
I went into a deep sleep but could hear my DH excited voice from afar even though he was just standing by my head. Woke up to a nurse and said good morning ma, she smiled and said good evening.
A repeat pcv was asked to be done 2days after delivery and result came back 20% with me looking all pale. Dr said I bleed alot during the surgery because of my BP and I also had large amount of lochia too. I was asked to be transfused with at least 3paints of blood.
The first blood was set and transfusion began. Few minutes after the my heart started clasping together and beating so fast too, I was shooting down. I could hear my baby cry beside me but couldn't reach out to her. Thankfully one of he nurses who came to give babies bcg walked to my bed side and was asking if they had given my baby. I tried with all the strength I could gather to point to the blood and my neck signifying that I was shoking. She called another nursing that I was reacting to the blood. They took my baby from my side, stopped the transfusion and was able to diffused what was on my system. For hours I couldn't get myself nor reach out to my baby who was crying inconsolably, I felt I failed my child and I cried.
Next day they insisted on another blood transfusion even though I've been placed on tot'hema 2xdaily. I was too traumatized to go on with another. Told them I would pass on the transfusion and continue my drugs. I was asked for a repeat pcv, that again came back 20%. I was always dizzy but too traumatized to go ahead with another blood transfusion. Family members pleaded with me and encouraged me to take another as I may not react to the next one. Thankfully I was able to get through with 2paints successfully. On the 8day I was still on admission, my baby had to be named in the hospital. Again I failed her but I'm thankful she stayed for us even in the womb while she was having growth reduction and while she swallowed meconium as I battle with BP, she stayed with a perfect heartbeat.
Again a repeat pcv test after 48 and 72hrs of transfusion was done and the result came out 34%, hallelujah!!!
And so we were finally discharged at about 11:30pm on 23 DEC as I had insisted I wasn't spending one more night in the hospital. Got to MIL's past midnight 24 DEC. My princess had her first Christmas at home.
We are home now and recovery has been fast, as mother and child are doing just great.
Thank you all for your prayers, words of encouragement, mentions, likes, shares and views.
I wanted to give mentions but I fear that I might omit one or two monikers and I don't want to offend anyone.
I'm thankful I had your prayers and support through it all, thank you so much.
Here's my princess saying thank you all and a merry Xmas. God bless you...

Modified: pic taken down.
Wonderful cappo, ur bs is a great testimony and made me cry. Please stop saying u failed ur baby because u never did and never will by God's grace. Every single mother is an angel because having a baby and taking care of the baby is a great sacrifice. Congratulations to you once again, to all mums who have given birth, who are preggie and who are gtc. It's well with us all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curvilicious: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2018
Towerofgrace:

August cappo add me to the list mama Giddyperson, the mama with virtual binoculars I was just laughing when you said you suspect me. grin

My long awaited testimony is here, God has turned my sorrow to dancing, pls wonderful mamas I need your continuous prayers

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi le to

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi dara

Oh Jesus you are Lord
Ahhhhhh iya Tower, I rejoice with you.
Best news ever

H&H 9months

Wa do gu mwen gho gho Jesu henru mwen ne

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rbae: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2018
Towerofgrace:

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi le to

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi dara

Wow! Mama I'm so so happy for you. I know God will remember all the mama's in the TTC thread sooner than they think. Congrats.

Congrats to all the Dec mama's that have birthed their LO's. May God make it easy for all of us.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2018
Pearl05:

He mentioned baby's head being down after doing the scan.

OK.
At this stage the baby will be moving and assuming many positions cos the place is still roomy.
Just observe enough bedrest please. If your Dr advised it, then do it.
Please.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2018
Towerofgrace:

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi le to

Logan tio de Olugbala
Aye mi dara

Was suspecting too oo
Yipeeeee
I'm soooo happy for you
Soooo happy
Congratulations
H&H bumping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2018
MamaTuoyo:
Good Morning mamas.

I was talking with my Aunty and I asked her if it was safe for a baby to come out by 38 weeks and she said its better the baby comes at 40 weeks. That babies born later are stronger. Mamas here please I need you guys to shine torch light on this matter.

I envy all the preggie mamas lying down on their beds now, I am in the office...sobssss
My son came out 37wks. He's here licking agbalumo

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2018
FloraEC:

My son came out 37wks. He's here licking agbalumo

Hahahahaha, please no use laugh kill me.

BTW can I take agbalumo? Been seeing it everywhere.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Chanbaby:

The lord is your strength sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bigmummy16(f): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2018
We would like to express our sincerest appreciation for the trust you have placed in us.

Rest assured that you will always get high quality PAP (akamu / ogi / koko) as well as excellent customer service for your every transaction.

You may call us anytime with any questions or concerns.

Wish you a very happy & fulfilling 2019.
grin

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mumben(f): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
19CannyMum:
Merry Christmas house and congrats to mommas dropping it like it's hot. Team waddle and soon to be mommas God will keep our paths straight and grant us our heart desires.

Please is anyone doing antenatal with Asokoro Hospital? I'm thinking of registering there.

How is the place and what are their antenatal days?

Thanks in advance for responses.

I had my second child at asokoro gen hospital and I can assure u that they re good. but u must go early enough to get registered, at most 3months. fresh registration is on Fridays from 6am. d hospital is well equipped with qualified doctors
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2018
MamaTuoyo:
Good Morning mamas.

I was talking with my Aunty and I asked her if it was safe for a baby to come out by 38 weeks and she said its better the baby comes at 40 weeks. That babies born later are stronger. Mamas here please I need you guys to shine torch light on this matter.

I envy all the preggie mamas lying down on their beds now, I am in the office...sobssss
I had my 1st @ 39+3 weeks and 2nd @ 37+6, they're both doing excellently well. Not been to the hospital except for immunization.
Though with the 2nd I did a bpp scan before delivery. I believe 38 weeks is fine especially if you are going for ecs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
temmy2103:

I had my 1st @ 39+3 weeks and 2nd @ 37+6, they're both doing excellently well. Not been to the hospital except for immunization.
Though with the 2nd I did a bpp scan before delivery. I believe 38 weeks is fine especially if you are going for ecs

Okay. Thank you mama

Please what's a bpp scan?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
Yes you can. However agbalumo queen Giddyperson can share her experience of overindulgence with you grin grin grin

MamaTuoyo:

Hahahahaha, please no use laugh kill me.

BTW can I take agbalumo? Been seeing it everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 19CannyMum: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2018
Mumben:

I had my second child at asokoro gen hospital and I can assure u that they re good. but u must go early enough to get registered, at most 3months. fresh registration is on Fridays from 6am. d hospital is well equipped with qualified doctors

Thanks for your response ma. I went there this afternoon to make enquiries. The nurses were behaving as if I was disturbing them lol. Just to answer question: when are antenatal days one of them hissed at me.
I have packed my load back to private hospital. Let me use money to pay so that I will deserve some courtesy.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Besea(f): 4:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
ijesuloba:
January 17,team pink
Updated
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omavicky(f): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2018
BA BA BA

My baby boy landed yesterday via Emergency CS, God is forever on the throne...mother and baby are doing very fine

56 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omavicky(f): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
BA BA BA
my baby boy landed yesterday via emergency CS God is forever faithful, mother and child are doing wonderful.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gurlnext2u: 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
Congratulations ma!
omavicky:
BA BA BA

My baby boy landed yesterday via Emergency CS, God is forever on the throne...mother and baby are doing very fine

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 5:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
rant time
I came to report myself by myself bcoz i dreamt to comment to every post but too lazy to actualise my dream, is not that am busy but bcoz to type na big deal for me but I can read people post and always looking forward to many, in fact have read zaynie diary it was awesome, and some others that have forgotten their names now, hopefully I will commend them in future,you guys are the bomb!
Please I pray to be better next year ,this is my weakness and I promise to work on it, I love all my e sisters,but I find it hard to express it, I wholeheartedly congratulate all the new mamas ,ttc mama's we shall celebrate you come 2019,all the waddling mama's God is your strength we shall carry our Lo soon. Team march I hail una! We are almost there! Chop � � �

19 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
omavicky:
BA BA BA

my baby boy landed yesterday via emergency CS
God is forever faithful, mother and child are doing wonderful.
Congratulations MA!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adorablewifey(f): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
Chinnybaby99:

Wonderful cappo, ur bs is a great testimony and made me cry. Please stop saying u failed ur baby because u never did and never will by God's grace. Every single mother is an angel because having a baby and taking care of the baby is a great sacrifice. Congratulations to you once again, to all mums who have given birth, who are preggie and who are gtc. It's well with us all.
Thank you mama. We are still expecting the pounds your son is bringing, just do so untime to avoid rush hour.
omavicky:
BA BA BA

my baby boy landed yesterday via emergency CS
God is forever faithful, mother and child are doing wonderful.
Congratulations teamie, welcome to your prince kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4830) (4831) (4832) (4833) (4834) (4835) (4836) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.