Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8180649 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5322) (5323) (5324) (5325) (5326) (5327) (5328) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
Oshe, experienced mama. Better go and register

Anugod:
Your anc na Monday? Which hospital abeg. I've still not registered yet o. Still torn between going private or general. I don't have strength for both.
And just this morning, my mum called to tell me to come home and born. cheesy If not that I'd need help and extra care, I wasn't even planning on going home this time. Confused muchos..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
Dear ma'ams,

Did any ma'am experience back pain in second trimester?

Please, share your experience and how was the issue resolved.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
Got this from Facebook (Ask the pediatrician) This may help someone

#ATGSleeping,

Theme: Sleeping Positions In Pregnancy

#Overview

Pregnancy is a heavy burden, but it is a beautiful burden! If you have a habit of enjoying your sleep in all positions, sorry, I will disappoint you.

Pregnancy imposes a burden on your comfort while sleeping, and in order to have a sound sleep, you must adjust to safe sleep positions.

Fact is, it’s not easy to sleep soundly with your belly getting in the way. So, If you were a stomach sleeper before, now you'll have to switch sleep positions to accommodate your growing girth (belly)

♧♧So, what are the Best Sleep Positions? What’s the safest sleep position during pregnancy?

Please, note after, your fifth month, your back is definitely not best. Sleeping on your back puts extra pressure on your aorta and inferior vena cava, major blood vessel in the body) that run behind your abdomen and carry blood back to your heart from your legs and feet.

Pressure on these vessels can slow blood circulation to your body and your baby, and can be risky. Also naturally you might find it harder to breathe while lying on your back. And because your belly pushes down on your intestines when you lie on your back, this position can also lead to tummy troubles.( PLEASE NOTE)!

So, how about sleeping on your stomach? That's not a great idea, either. Normally when you lay face down, your stomach presses on your expanding uterus, not to mention your ballooning breasts. This is not the position you wanna be in if you want a good outcome.

♧♧And the winner is (Left is best.) Right now, side sleeping is safest for you and your baby. Plus, it's more comfortable for you as your abdomen grows.

♧♧Is one side of the body better than the other for sleeping?

Sleep experts recommend lying on your left side, because It improves circulation, giving nutrient-packed blood an easier route from your heart to the placenta to nourish your baby. Lying on the left side also keeps your expanding body from pushing down too hard on your liver. While either side is okay, left is best!

#Tips

Some few other positioning tips to help you get more comfortable and protect your baby while you sleep during pregnancy:

1.☆☆For more belly and back support: Try and prop a pillow under your tummy or between your knees. Buy a special extra-long pregnancy pillow, or just use one you have in the closet at home. Positioning a pillow under your body can help keep you on your side, preventing you from rolling to your stomach or back.

2.☆☆For shortness of breath: Put a pillow under your side to raise your chest.

3.☆☆For heartburn: Prop up the head of the bed a few inches with books or blocks. This helps keep acids down in your stomach, rather than burning their way up your esophagus.

4.☆☆Don't panic if you roll from side to front or back while you sleep. You're better off letting your body move where it's most comfortable than trying to wake yourself up every few minutes to stay on your side.

5. ☆☆You need as much sleep as you can get right now. You'll appreciate the extra rest once your baby starts waking you up for those midnight (and 1 a.m., and 2 a.m.) feedings!

Good luck

Dr. Chuk Ufondu. MBBS, MPH , CPH

#Citations & Credits

Www.webmd.com

♨️♨️Subscribe to Africa's �1st online Gynae forum today to discuss maternal health issues.

Click to be a member: https://www./askthegynaecologist/

#africa1stonlineobgynforum�

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Isedot: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
Good afternoon mamas, am team April and went for scan last week the doctor said the baby is unstable lie. I don't understand, how we are okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Lillianade:
Hi please listen to my story

I have a newborn and I am currently going through postpartum depression which has weighed me down a lot over the few months. My mother in law is staying with us to help. Now with breastfeeding, it has really not been easy. I am in constant pain, It has physically drained me out and I also thinking it was contributing to my depression. When it’s time for breastfeeding, I would constantly cry and it was making me resent my beautiful child. Sometimes as a new mum you just feel like there’s nothing in the world apart from your breast and your baby, it was making me very miserable along with the other postpartum stress I have to deal with. I was just overwhelmed by everything. So I have decided to give my baby formula and at first I felt bad, but I noticed an immediate relief off my shoulders and my mood began to rise. My husband was also able to help me with feeding and I was just relieved.

Since I’ve started formula feeding my mil has been so abusive towards me. Calling me lazy, saying that I want to do shakara hence why I’m not breastfeeding. Calling me selfish and all sorts all because I don’t want to ‘compromise’ my sanity for breastfeeding. She also speaks in her native language (husband and I are from different tribes) saying all manners of things, all because I have switched to formula. I have discussed this issue with my husband, and he has tried to be supportive however he is just trying to please both of us, and he is encouraging me to do exclusive breastfeeding despite everything that I have been going through. He claims it’s the best for our baby. Now I’m back to square one and I’m just feeling so down, worn out and stressed. I just don’t know what to do.

I'm so sorry, pls just do what you feel is comfortable for you at this stage, be it FF or EBF whatever feels right for you, do it. I would suggest you stand your ground amist your MIL brouhaha but reading your story ,it made me realise you need back up. A doctor, a friend( is best you get a friend who is also nursing or had nursed a child and who fully understand this postpartum depression) to talk to DH and MIL. They both need to back off or support you on your decision.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
ChizziCindy:
Good day Sabi Mama's, please ooh is taking cold water good for a pregnant woman, especially this period that the weather is really hot, my colleagues at work, are always talking anytime I take cold water, that's it's not good for the baby... And the cold water really calms me down especially during this hot weather.

As long as is not Ice block water, is okk

But when you get to your last trimester(8/9 months) anything cold water should be limited or best totally avoided
I heard a doctor on a radio station say "cold water causes labour to delay" (I don't know how true it is o) you can verify

But the Ice block water, pls stay clear from it, medically is not advisable, how much more when one is pregnant
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mummy4life1:
Dear ma'ams,

Did any ma'am experience back pain in second trimester?

Please, share your experience and how was the issue resolved.
So, I'm the only one experiencing the back pain in second trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tajo9128: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
Bro here is a list of drugs should be used in pregnancy
https://pharmaedu4u.in/drugs-in-pregnancy/
sheyee:
How do you treat malaria during pregnancy?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
Cold water or ice block water does not affect labor. It is totally safe and can be taken at any stage of pregnancy!

Doctors even recommend chewing ice if a pregnant woman is unable to tolerate water due to hyperemesis gravidarium.

I had severe morning sickness and severe dehydration in my pregnancy. Chewing ice helped me stay hydrated after I was discharged from the hospital. Even till I delivered, my water must be from the deep freezer. I did same with my first son too.

Nyxx123:

But when you get to your last trimester(8/9 months) anything cold water should be limited or best totally avoided
I heard a doctor on a radio station say "cold water causes labour to delay" (I don't know how true it is o) you can verify

But the Ice block water, pls stay clear from it, medically is not advisable, how much more when one is pregnant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mummy4life1:

It's normal. Just use pillows to support your back. Theres little or nothing that can be done. Try to maintain a good sitting and standing and walking posture too.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
So many mentions, I dont even know where to start from. Thank you so much mamas for the well wishes. I am truly grateful.

I go still submit birth story and December roll call o. Make una no vex. Vigilante plus baby feeding almost all the time is quite draining.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2019
jazzyjazz:

It's normal. Just use pillows to support your back. Theres little or nothing that can be done. Try to maintain a good sitting and standing and walking posture too.
Oh....Thank you ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anugod(f): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Oshe, experienced mama. Better go and register

grin grin I want to wait till 7 months at least, or maybe when labor kash me cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mummy4life1:

How is ur sleeping position?

Always always like on ur left avoid lieing on ur back or even right,. Let see how it goes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wonderfulperson(f): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
kokaiye:
flagyl yes... Ibuprofin/ventolin capital letter NO.

Thank you mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rositabuchi: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
pls welcome me fellow mum, am a new mem ber

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzharyorlah: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hello pple, please who can assist me get mumfer tablet i've searched all the big pharmaceutical stores in abuja but couldnt. Plsss help a sister. My contact 07037770465. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2019
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

How is ur sleeping position?

Always always like on ur left avoid lieing on ur back or even right,. Let see how it goes
I will revert after undergoing the new method as stated above. I really appreciate ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aitee1: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
rositabuchi:
pls welcome me fellow mum, am a new mem
ber

A warm welcome dear pls indicate your month let your members add you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by keeki: 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
[quote author=jazzyjazz post=84103962]B.A

To the Glory of God, my prince charming, my second son came on the 16th of November at 10.45am at 35weeks and 6days gestational age

Congratulation ns mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hi Mama,

This is false. Even abroad, during labour they give you ice chips to soothe your throat so no there is nothing stopping you from taking cold water or ice block sef. It goes into your tummy not your uterus and doesn't affect your baby

Nyxx123:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2019
jazzyjazz:
Cold water or ice block water does not affect labor. It is totally safe and can be taken at any stage of pregnancy!

Doctors even recommend chewing ice if a pregnant woman is unable to tolerate water due to hyperemesis gravidarium.

I had severe morning sickness and severe dehydration in my pregnancy. Chewing ice helped me stay hydrated after I was discharged from the hospital. Even till I delivered, my water must be from the deep freezer. I did same with my first son too.

Ma'am that it worked for you, doesn't mean it might work for another. I had my reason when I wrote she should stay clear from ICe blocked water(the ones that one can chew on). The same doctor that adviced you to chew on ice might advice against that to another. I don't want to cause panick here but I know of a lady that chewed on ice all through her pregnancy, though she was advived against chewing ice but she did and her newborn developed heart problem.
Now you might say, its just a coincidence or not... no one knows.. its Better to avoid things that might cause harm. I also said about cold water delaying labour, the doctor specifically said you can drink but once you enter 8/9 months limit it or best avoid it if you can.
When I reply a comment I always mention who and where a certain was said, that should give that person better judgement, to decide either take it with a pinch of salt or not
I also said I wasn't sure, she should verify.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
hunniesuzie:
Hi Mama,

This is false. Even abroad, during labour they give you ice chips to soothe your throat so no there is nothing stopping you from taking cold water or ice block sef. It goes into your tummy not your uterus and doesn't affect your baby

Hi Ma'am, I hear you that's why I clearly wrote "I wasn't sure and that she should verify. I dey my house, when one doctor from a radio station talk this one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nyxx123: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
Pls ooo Mamas, if you have to counter or correct whatever I have to say, pls correct with love, the conversation we have here ain't face to face convo. I can only read and deduce your tone from your write up. I never claimed to know it all, anything I write here, I tell you the source from where I read/heard it from.
I don't understand this exclamation "!!!" When you have to write something.
Na abeg i dey beg.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mummy4life1:
Most mama's experience back pain in second trimester. Read that the hormone relaxin relax muscles in the body which makes the bones or joint loose.
If the pain is severe, you let your doctor know, rest and take pain relieve.
Most cases being active and exercise strengthen the muscles.

Let your doctor know to rule out other causes.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
Mummy4life1:

Do you mean back ache or back pain I still feel back ache once in a while but pain? No, I don't know about that

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
Cutemarvel:

Lol @ continues this way. The truth is that most habit change after giving birth, this no coke might continue.
Let the Malta Guinness be often especially in your third trimester because this sugary products can make baby become big in some mama especially if you are already on the big side.
The Lord will see us through.
I'll reduce it totally..I'm working on it. Thanks ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaDG: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2019
Cutemarvel:

Congratulations mama on the birth of your baby, may God bless you and the baby. You will be the one to take care of your children.

Most people think as a mother you must experience pain that's why you are tagged lazy because they feel you don't want to endure pain of motherhood. Sorry about that, and take your mind off it because you will still get indirect insults and abuses from people you are not related to.

Give your baby formula now that you can't breastfeed well, you can stop when you are much better, but keep putting your baby to breast, constant feeding will relieve the pains. You can massage your nipples with olive oil to make it soft and ensure your baby's mouth covers the whole black area of the breast not only the tip of the nipples. Support your leg with a stool so you can support the baby's head very well and hold on to the breast so it won't cover the baby's nose. Support your back with pillow to prevent backache. With time you will enjoy the bonding time with your baby.

Speaking in another language doesn't mean abuse but it would have been better they speak in a language you can also understand.

Depression usually comes after birth, I guess to due to hormones and delivery trauma.
Please, speak out about what you are going through to God and your husband. Your husband might not understand at once (most men don't understand especially when grandma's are being negative), keep telling him that people experience different things after birth and this is what you are going through.

If you have any one you can speak to that will be a support system, call the person and speak out so you can feel relieved.

Don't let it get to the point it will begin to affect your health. God be with you mama.
I want to be like u... I love your diplomatic response but if a mother that ought to be of help is the one compounding the problem it's best one tell one's husband in a diplomatic way to tell his mum u are ok and she can go just to regain ones sanity
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jeniluv(f): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
firstpregnancy,how are you today?what's the situation of things?did the contractions become stronger?i pray for an easy peasy delivery for u and us all,AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jeniluv(f): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
My November mamas that haf reached their EDD,howfar na?

pis23,Henitan24,labasulla,Ajokeomo,khaffi2,please come in lets know how you are all faring ooooo....Safe and smooth delivery to all of us in Jesus name,##AMEN

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
No need sef. Just take delivery by yourself at home. No need to bother mumsi grin

Anugod:
grin grin I want to wait till 7 months at least, or maybe when labor kash me cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
Nobody is fighting you ma. All myself and jazzy did was clarify. I believe all of us have learnt and more importantly, anyone who joins after and searches the thread will also learn. Ice chips cannot cause heart conditions. All it will do is quench your thirst and cool the heat in your body. Enjoy your cold and ice water in pregnancy. All the best

Nyxx123:

Hi Ma'am, I hear you that's why I clearly wrote "I wasn't sure and that she should verify. I dey my house, when one doctor from a radio station talk this one.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5322) (5323) (5324) (5325) (5326) (5327) (5328) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.