Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,448 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8158285 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rezzy: 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
@DonaTee, longest time. You just left us here. Welcome

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2015
@proudy,
How are you doing? Male proudy na nko? @DonaTee don talk am finish, but don't worry about weight ooo, cos I know that talk of "tear" & "cutting" is replaying in your mind like a lot of other mamas as well..

All is well..

@corrall,

Just like @ sheweezy, my friend's sis too danced seriously & fell into labour not quite long after,still wondering where the strength came from.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2015
ahnie:
Agape greetinz..my BS,towards friday evenin,my co-wife drove in to check on me as at abt 2.pm as she earlier promised.i had severe contraction,and she drov me down to the hospital around 5.30pm,was admitted,but the contraction got serious around 12am on saturday mornin.i was rushed into the theatre,and they injected me and tried to burst the baby Sac,but i didnt gave them that chance,cus it was painful.i was later given HOT drip,and that was when i had an encounter with the Angels.i was crying callin on my MIL to come and bundle me outta the delivery room.i was shoutin and raisin the roofs.lol i started speakin both ukwuani,isoko and hausa lingua together.it got to a point that,i just took the drip from the stand and ran nakedly..*who cares*mehn it was like goin berserk.mil started cryin,pleadin and prayin.i shove the four nurses away from me,while lyin down on the delivery table. I never knew i had such strenght.at some point,they called in the chubby doc,and i was pinned down.and was forced to open my legs,when they said,if you kill this child,you go see wetin i do you.at that point,i started shoutin...Doc,i want to Poo,i want to poo ooo.i had wanted jumpin down from the Bed,when one nurse said,shit for there,annie i say shit ontop the bed.i told them to leave me alone,no body spelt labour for me,when i screamed i am poo-ing ooo.they said,its the baby's head,and my laps were not opend that much,they gave me a tear.i had to wide it and pushed myself gingered by the hot drip and pain. I felt relieve when chiagoziem Ewomazino lydia osanebi came into the world.and she cried,then the placenta came out. I had already to one dark complexion nurse while i was in the delivery room that,i ll quarel with her,infact we quarelled.but i had to apologize when i have finished my heavenly race.my child came into this world @ about 11:15am on saturday 20 june 2015.and we left for home me,chiagoziem and my sweet mil..mrs Lydia osanebi. Hard truth z...to deliver a child z no beanscake.thumbs up to my mother. My husband hard to drive down from benin yesterday,and Nna the omugwo peppersoup was prepared by him.i wish all pushin mamas,ttc safe delivery. Very special thanks to God and Doc Thorpido.

Lol...Congrats mama. God bless ur angel.

Beedam, this one no pass ur own so?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
gocare:
@ Ahnie. This your beautiful BS and senior Beedam own, I no know which one get more action. The Lord is your strength. Enjoy vigilante for now, pending when oga fires again. Hopefully soonest..........

@proudmum.. Today na 21st, how far with the count down.... 9 more days for this month to end.....

@ team September, how far, I hail oooo. Na boiled corn and pear levels I dey... wink

Didn't even see this ur post oo. So I am not the only only that is comparing baa grin grin

We need to decide who wears the "action" crown
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ramcie:
Please any team February in the house cheesy cheesy It's so far far away just started the journey and hope I'm welcomed into this wonderful thread?
Welcome on board mama.Wishing u a smooth ride and easy delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by demmykay: 7:34pm On Jun 21, 2015
To the glory of God my princess arrived this morning. help me praise God as mother and baby doing well

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2015
DonaTee:

Bpd means bi-parietal diameter, measures d diameter of ur baby's skull, anterior lying placenta, not low lying means ur placenta dey front cheesy not low lying means its no near d cervix so it won't block d cervix wen baby is coming out. Ur GA diaparity shows ur baby is bigger dan his/her age tho 3rd trimester scan is prone to erros of weight /size estimation

Mamas una doooh. Welcome n congrats to all newbies....happy bumping

@lovinam sweery extraodinnaire kedu maka ezinulo?

@tchiwinnie olia? I dey miss u oooo

@all d ladies in da house happy sunday. #Godwin

Thanks mama 4 ur reply.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
demmykay:
To the glory of God my princess arrived this morning. help me praise God as mother and baby doing well
Let me b d 1st 2 congratulate u,my hearty congrats.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
modath:

@proudy,
How are you doing? Male proudy na nko? @DonaTee don talk am finish, but don't worry about weight ooo, cos I know that talk of "tear" & "cutting" is replaying in your mind like a lot of other mamas as well..

All is well..

@corrall,

Just like @ sheweezy, my friend's sis too danced seriously & fell into labour not quite long after,still wondering where the strength came from.

My dear u read my mind lol...Prouddad is doing great,he sent greetings 2u mamas...How re u holding up?hope u done pack ur bags? I'm just done washing,I don't knw wen I will iron not 2 talk of packing...No be small laziness hold me 4 here o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
demmykay:

Congrats mama..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
@kimoni dis appear n disappear u re doing,diaris goodduu ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by milayo(f): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
congrats @ demmykay. your princess is my birthday mate. Glory to God for safe delivery. may she be a source of joy to your family.

Good evening mamas, have commented once though. I'm always just too lazy to type. pls I'm 26weeks pregnant and for the past 2 days now I've been experiencing this cramp dat comes n go. pls is this normal as I'm so scared wondering why d mild pain. I'm not comfortable with it so I'm wondering if its part of d package or is something I have to seek help from d doctor. #FTM #TeamSeptember.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ahnie, congrats on the birth of ur Lo, this ur BS no get part 2, so funny

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2015
demmykay:
Congrats mama.May God be praised forever.may she bring ur family joy and favour always

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2015
mytestimony:
Please I need explanation on why zobo is not good for a pregnant woman.l and I also read plus breastfeeding mothers
I know a couple of women who drank it alot because that was what they craved. And they had healthy babies. Could the side effects be something we cant see
Pls I need to know.
I c

I'm also interested in knowing too. Craved for it and consumed it almost the entire duration of my 1st pregnancy. No complications and a healthy baby who turned 6yrs last month. I'm really curious. With my 3rd baby, I drank it once while nursing. I breastfed him few hours after consuming it. He cried endlessly shortly after sucking. He couldn't sleep at night-he was obviously feeling a lot of discomfort. I couldn't help but attribute it to the zobo which was the only 'new' thing I consumed since I put to bed. I hadn't taken it during his pregnancy either.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2015
milayo:
congrats @ demmykay. your princess is my birthday mate. Glory to God for safe delivery. may she be a source of joy to your family.

Good evening mamas, have commented once though. I'm always just too lazy to type. pls I'm 26weeks pregnant and for the past 2 days now I've been experiencing this cramp dat comes n go. pls is this normal as I'm so scared wondering why d mild pain. I'm not comfortable with it so I'm wondering if its part of d package or is something I have to seek help from d doctor. #FTM #TeamSeptember.

I think u re having braxton hicks which should be normal at dis stage...I'm not a nurse,hold on 4d sabi mamas!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 9:53pm On Jun 21, 2015
corrall:
Hi my people, happy Sunday. Abeg I am entering 40 weeks now, what can I do to aid and start contraction o. DH is not around for kpekus, this rain is not helping the walk o, though I try to when it isn't raining. Abeg any other suggestions

Dance (I have a Beyonce routine ready for next week) and also drink pineapple juice or eats lots of it, as well as Raspberry tea (or eat lots of it). But vigorous dancing will do the trick.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onegai(f): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2015
If you notice yourself feeling dizzy (particularly in 2nd and 3rd trimester) frequently, one of the causes could be dehydration and low haemoglobin level. Which means you may be slightly anemic (normal levels are 11-15 I think). Your doctor may or may not tell you but it's best to mention it (so they will check your blood level, blood pressure and amount of protein in your urine, just to rule out other more serious pregnancy conditions). If you are slightly anemic (less than 11. 0 haemogoblin level), you can raise it up by increasing water intake and eating green vegetables (think salads without the dressing or eating lettuce raw or some leafy veggie raw). I'm sure other mums can give helpful suggestions. And maybe your doctor may ask you to increase your Ferrous Sulphate/Fersolate/Iron tablet consumption (but do that only on doctor's orders).

I'm currently chewing 2 sticks of raw kale daily ( yuck yuck yuck! ) but my level rose by 0. 1 in a week.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by milayo(f): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
proudmum, thanks for your response.
Pls our sabi mamas, I need ur response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 10:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
proudmom38:
@kimoni dis appear n disappear u re doing,diaris goodduu ooo.

smiley kiss kiss kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
demmykay:
#Congratulations. Praise God!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 7:54am On Jun 22, 2015
@goldmine..I'm also in utter confusion as to why I can't tk zobo sad..was taking it throughout the period before I knew I was pregnant and afterwards..I cant help myself..its as though zobo is my version of crack cocaine.. grin..I can't stomach soft drinks or juices..its the only thing I can keep down..I hv some dried leaves left dat I've bn eyeing..its the grace of God that's preventing me from making it grin..Ive seen lots of pple who tk it and they are just fine..I guess overdoing it is where the ish lies undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=Hafsat24 post=35015596][/quote]
I dont think it is harmful,if it is why should our elders recommend taking it in pregnancy?They say when you take it regularly it eases the pain felt during 'show'.and the nurses and midwives recommended it during my antenatal class,they said it eases constipation and that if you substitute plain water to it your baby will come out clean without that greasy substance.So how can it be harmful when all these people are recommending it?And i didnt hear of any adverse stories connected to it.hope dis helps

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 11:30am On Jun 22, 2015
Good morning to us all,

Please is it safe to take yam pepper soup (ji mmiri oku), am seriously craving for this meal cry

I don't feel like preparing any other yam dish except it .

#teamseptember all the way
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:51am On Jun 22, 2015
dunasy:

Good morning to us all,

Please is it safe to take yam pepper soup (ji mmiri oku), am seriously craving for this meal cry

I don't feel like preparing any other yam dish except it .

#teamseptember all the way

I do take yam pepper soup till now in my 36wks+ but I make sure it contain less pepper...U can also hear frm other experienced moms too!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jesuseun1(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2015
My wife is 4mths preg.but she always compalin of headache, what is the cause and what can she use. Could be that she is using the iron tAblets 3times daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunasy(f): 12:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
proudmom38:

I do take yam pepper soup till now in my 36wks+ but I make sure it contain less pepper...U can also hear frm other experienced moms too!

Thanks so much for the prompt reply, I am grateful. And YES to less pepper
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
@Deezou..thanks much 4 d input..it actually eases the constipation i hv..can go for days without using the loo nd no amount of fruits help..sure I've heard about it being taken to reduce pain during the 'show'..especially here in the north..the white zobo is given to expectant mothers as from 8months..that it flushes out excess sugar taken throughout pregnancy..it is their belief that sugar is the culprit causing pain..and in so doing..they usually have less painful and easy labour/delivery..like I said its deir belief..meanwhile I'm soo looking forward to that time so I'll ask my mama to bring down my 'mixture' grin..
sorry for the long epistle..I've started boiling mine grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
demmykay:

A big congratulation to you. Make you take good care of am well well ooo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol...Congrats mama. God bless ur angel.

Beedam, this one no pass ur own so?

Congrats ooo... may the joy of motherhood remain in ur home. remain blessed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
jesuseun1:
My wife is 4mths preg.but she always compalin of headache, what is the cause and what can she use. Could be that she is using the iron tAblets 3times daily.

Welcome bro. Relax, im sure our mamas here will respond with possible solutions. She will be ok. Had similar with my Wifey, just pregy things.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prouddad38(m): 12:59pm On Jun 22, 2015
@ All_Mamas_In_The_House... My deepest apologies for my absence...have been busy sha.
How una dey na
To all the new born, I say WELCOME to happiness and bliss.
To all Mothers, I say may the strength from God be your heritage and may you experience full happiness as you build us great Homes.

@modath, @mytestimony, @kaffy4bill and @ others... wey wan flog my yansh because i just no show face....... i beg make una pity man pikin ooo..... i don come now.

Na proudmom give me work oooooooooo...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.