Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8154251 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HARMYMY(f): 6:29am On Jun 19, 2015
HARMYMY:
Experience moms pls come to my aid ooooo. Am FTM with 37wks preg, I went to hospital for treatment today, after the treatment the DR ask if I ave V discharge , I said yes, she wat to PLC me on injection and drugs because it can affect baby eye of which one Dr told me v.discharge is normal during pregnant. pls help me am confuse
Alemo50 pls help me out
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 6:40am On Jun 19, 2015
Morning mamas..... How's everyone ?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2015
HARMYMY:

Alemo50 pls help me out

Is the discharge smelly? Or itchy? If nt, hormonal changes in preg cause increase in vaginal discharge wic is more in sum dan odas plus u r 37weeks already, I see no reason for d injection.. hope dis helps
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2015
nykypearl:
Mamas in d house,pls I'm 24wks plus,I'm tired of taking pregnacare plus or any drug.just wanna know if I can do without suppliment

No u can't do witout supplements. U mite want to switch to folic acid and fersolate, they r smaller dan pregnacare and easy to swallow. Pele, it wil end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2015
corrall:
Hello my dear mamas, how una de? How is the pushing ministry going? May God almighty continue to see us thru IJN Amen.

Abeg, I am 39 weeks and 3 days today, went to see the doctor, checked PCV level, and was told its 29%. The doctor sad it's low for someone that could be going into labour anytime from now. I had been on ferobin plus since the beginning of the pregnancy so I am wondering why it's low, anyways I have been told to discontinue it and start fersolate 2 in the morning n night, and folic acid. Please any other advice on how to boost my iron level?

Thanks.

Fersolate is gud and folic acid. Pls take it religiously and include veggies and protein into ur meal.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lizzy22(f): 9:47am On Jun 19, 2015
@nykypearl* hmmmmm am aving d same problem too" I hate drugs... d tout of swallowing it makes me throw up most times!! am close to 4months now and av not being taking any supplements!!* av just being praying to God for a healthy baby" moreso av being taking mch of fruits and vegetables! may God help me o!! @hafsat "my teammate" how is d waiting! sup every1
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 9:57am On Jun 19, 2015
Gudmorning beautiful full mamas.hw evryone.
@ smokeydrinky good morning to u too.I'm pushing steadily o hope d famly is doing great.
@lizzy22 in my opinion try as much as posible to see wat technique u can use in taking d neccessary supliments pls.d veggies n d rest might not jst be enough to supply all required vitamins et al no matter how plenty.its gud though but i think since ure now double or tripple u need supplements to meet sum needs.my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hotice1954: 10:12am On Jun 19, 2015
Pronatal is a balanced combination of micronutrients including folic acid. It is recommended for pregnant and lactating women, as well as for women planning to become pregnant. It covers the increased need of micronutrients before, during and after pregnancy, Protects against embryonal neural tube diseases of the foetus, Prevents iron anaemia during pregnancy, pregnancy-related diseases, Lowers risk of complications at delivery, Rebalances the level of vitamins, minerals and trace elements often depleted by diets, poor nutrition, use of oral contraceptives or previous pregnancies.
Ingredient

One tablet contains: Vitamins group B (B1, B2, B6, B12), Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Folic acid, Biotin, Nicotinamide, Chromium, Copper, Iron and Iodine, Selenium, Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium and Molybdenum.
Direction

One tablet daily

It can be purchased at any branch of healthplus, medplus or pharmacy outlets close to you.

Make that decision now and Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:37am On Jun 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Fersolate is gud and folic acid. Pls take it religiously and include veggies and protein into ur meal.
can Fersolate be substituted with vit B complex
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kaffy4bill(f): 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
esmeralda1:

No sis
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lala4sure: 1:10pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hello Mamas,
Please is it ok for baby to weigh 3kg at 35 weeks and also scan shows baby is 36weeks while from my LMP its 35 weeks? Please i need help as i am scared of all this tearing ohhh and besides i have not been eating through this pregnancy and its not because i do not want to eat but i got low appetite since i fell pregnant. My bump is as though i am 4 months pregnant and yet scan is putting fear into my head as the dr said baby may add more before delivery if i get to 40 or 40+ weeks. Please what can i do ? I need small baby at birth ohh, the tearing scares the living daylight outta me grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by HARMYMY(f): 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Is the discharge smelly? Or itchy? If nt, hormonal changes in preg cause increase in vaginal discharge wic is more in sum dan odas plus u r 37weeks already, I see no reason for d injection.. hope dis helps
Thanks ma. it smell but my mind is not treating it . The Dr told me it can affect the baby eyes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
lala4sure:
Hello Mamas,
Please is it ok for baby to weigh 3kg at 35 weeks and also scan shows baby is 36weeks while from my LMP its 35 weeks? Please i need help as i am scared of all this tearing ohhh and besides i have not been eating through this pregnancy and its not because i do not want to eat but i got low appetite since i fell pregnant. My bump is as though i am 4 months pregnant and yet scan is putting fear into my head as the dr said baby may add more before delivery if i get to 40 or 40+ weeks. Please what can i do ? I need small baby at birth ohh, the tearing scares the living daylight outta me grin

Babe, take a deep breath and no more panic. There is NOTHING you can do about baby's in utero weight most especially at this point (when you haven't even been eating like a glutton to start with) so banish that hunger strike thought.

Your dr told no lie(experience)about baby's potential weight because the baby gains 1/2-2/3 of its birth weight between week 28-38wk.

As for your bump size, its to do with with having strong abdominal muscles (if I'm correct, you had a pretty flat tummy pre pregnancy) & be happy for it cos snapping back is gonna be a breeze for you.

Everything is ok, all will work out well. wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yemstico: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2015
lala4sure:
Hello Mamas,

Hello sis. The weight u were told at the scan center still includes your placenta so in actual fact your baby himself is not up to 3kg. Keep the faith!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemstico:

Hello sis. The weight u were told at the scan center still includes your placenta so in actual fact your baby himself is not up to 3kg. Keep the faith!

Really Says who??

Advances in medicine has made it possible for baby's weight independent of placenta & amniotic fluid to be accurately determined..

3kg at 35weeks is not an abberation.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bbglory(f): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemstico:

Pls be sure of the info you give.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bbglory(f): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
esmeralda1:

No dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bbglory(f): 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2015
lizzy22:
@nykypearl* hmmmmm am aving d same problem too" I hate drugs... d tout of swallowing it makes me throw up most times!! am close to 4months now and av not being taking any supplements!!* av just being praying to God for a healthy baby" moreso av being taking mch of fruits and vegetables! may God help me o!! @hafsat "my teammate" how is d waiting! sup every1
pls try as much as possible to take those supplements.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lamdec(f): 5:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
HARMYMY:
Thanks ma. it smell but my mind is not treating it . The Dr told me it can affect the baby eyes
I strongly recommend that you do a swab test or HVS test from a reputable lab and probably see another doctor. Please do not work with 'my mind doesn't want to treat it's. Some.infections can affect your baby's eyes during vaginal delivery, it's better to know if it's something serious and get your self treated. Pele
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemstico:

Don't think u are right o, my baby weighed 3.8kg @ 39+2 weeks but came out 4.4kg @ birth next day
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yemstico: 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Bbglory:
Pls be sure of the info you give.

Hey Bbglory this info was given to me when i was pregnant with my daughter. I wouldnt give info i guess from my head i also read about it. Temmy yes i was told babies grow rapidly towards the end of pregnancy,am not surprised...but 6kg within 24hrs? hmmmmm...it is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmy2103(f): 6:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
Was surprised @ d 3.8 sef to think the scan @ 32weeks was 1.5kg. The doc told me the scan weight is estimated dt my tummy was measuring 46cm before birth so he's definitely more than 3.8kg n he turned out right
yemstico:

Hey Bbglory this info was given to me when i was pregnant with my daughter. I wouldnt give info i guess from my head i also read about it. Temmy yes i was told babies grow rapidly towards the end of pregnancy,am not surprised...but 6kg within 24hrs? hmmmmm...it is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemstico:

Look closely,its 0.6kg difference and not 6kg.

Whoever told you placenta is added to baby's in utero weight and not mummy's total weight gain probably finished from Iya Alagbo community medical college. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 8:56pm On Jun 19, 2015
nykypearl:
Mamas in d house,pls I'm 24wks plus,I'm tired of taking pregnacare plus or any drug.just wanna know if I can do without suppliment

I think it's necessary for you to take supplements o, u have to remember that it's not about just you, but the healthy growth of your little one. Let's take for example, what quantity of milk do you think you can take to give you the required dose of calcium in a day. Think about it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by corrall(f): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2015
kaffy4bill:

Thanks Kaffy...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
Hello mamas in the house. Been following this tread with keen interest for about 3 weeks now and this would be my 2nd time I guess of commenting here. I've learnt a whole lot despite the fact that this is my fourth pregnancy. 15 weeks gone now #team December. Can't wait lol.

Please does anyone know a shop or shops where I can buy baby stuff around Agege at very affordable prices. The pelvic pain that has gripped me now prevents me from moving around with ease and I can't go through the trouble of going all the way to Lagos to shop. Thanks in advance. Trusting God for hitch-free pregnancy and delivery for each and every one of us here.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
yemstico:

She says 4.4kg not 6kg..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2015
modath:

Whoever told you placenta is added to baby's in utero weight and not mummy's total weight gain probably finished from Iya Alagbo community medical college. cheesy

Lolz @iya alagbo community medical college...My sis no be small thing o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2015
goldmine:
Hello mamas in the house. Been following this tread with keen interest for about 3 weeks now and this would be my 2nd time I guess of commenting here. I've learnt a whole lot despite the fact that this is my fourth pregnancy. 15 weeks gone now #team December. Can't wait lol.

Please does anyone know a shop or shops where I can buy baby stuff around Agege at very affordable prices. The pelvic pain that has gripped me now prevents me from moving around with ease and I can't go through the trouble of going all the way to Lagos to shop. Thanks in advance. Trusting God for hitch-free pregnancy and delivery for each and every one of us here.

Welcome on board mama,may God make it easy 4 all of us...Amen 2 ur prayer!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 5:30am On Jun 20, 2015
proudmom38:

Lolz @iya alagbo community medical college...My sis no be small thing o!

grin grin.. Na real long thing my sis...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by yemstico: 6:46am On Jun 20, 2015
modath:

Why are people so fast to castigate! yh 0.6kg obviously.even the lady in question overlooked and made her comment. In my last comment placenta is added to body weight I would say. Iya Alagbo community medical college is totally unnecessary even tho it may sound so funny. pls be more sensitive. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2015
yemstico:

Why are people so fast to castigate! yh 0.6kg obviously.even the lady in question overlooked and made her comment. In my last comment placenta is added to body weight I would say. Iya Alagbo community medical college is totally unnecessary even tho it may sound so funny. pls be more sensitive. Thanks

People will always be fast to castigate when other people come on to share info that has no medical backing and tout is as FACT ... Especially on a delicate subject as health & wellnesss .

People come to this thread to either get info or clarify the one they have. It will defeat the purpose if misinformation is not checked. sad

Modify as appropriate & I'll follow suit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.