Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147853 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5496) (5497) (5498) (5499) (5500) (5501) (5502) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 12:28pm On Feb 22, 2020
Congrats @Gloriousheart. May God continually be with you and your household. And the grace for us preggies to have a swift and smooth delivery, may He grant unto us in Jesus name, Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 12:49pm On Feb 22, 2020
ijeije123:
Okay @CuteMarvel. I will try even tho sleeping on my sides isnt easy at all. I haven't enjoyed sleep since 2days cos of it.
Pls how can one improve sleeping on the sides. I have tried putting pillow yet it isn't working.
/quote]
How about hugging the pillow?.
U may try that mama.
Like, sleeping on ur left, and hugging a pillow so tight...
Dt position is bae, I only sleep otherwise(which I don't enjoy) when DH needs "attention".
SD to you IJN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beyedew(f): 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2020
Gloriousheart:
Birth Story

First of all, I want to really appreciate all the mamas here and on ATC thread for your congrats, support, likes, calls. Thank you all. We will always have cause to rejoice. My able Captain thank you.

Sorry I have been offline.
My baby girl came at exactly 36weeks through vaginal birth. It was a short, fulfilling experience.

I had been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions since like 6months in pregnancy. I wasn't worried. At the beginning of 36weeks or thereabout ,the contractions started coming with menstrual like aches. I quickly arranged to complete the packing of few remaining items for my hospital box as I didn't want to be caught unawares.

I went to market and added my last few remaining items to my box. That night, I started experiencing what I knew where the real contractions. It came with serious pain. I tried to be breathing in and out through them so as to conserve my energy for delivery like we had been taught here and in antenatal. It worked. I could control myself and manage the contractions better by not shouting. I was writhing, groaning and opening/closing mouth Upandan. Next day, being a Sunday... I prepared to go to church. My husband asked if I will be able to. I said let me try. That most times, the contractions respect themselves when I'm in church grin based on my Braxton Hicks experience.

When I was returning from church, na then e hook me again. I just managed to get to my home. Another dimension of labour started towards evening. It was coming more frequently. Like 10-15 mins. 8-5 mins. Irregularly but frequently and more intense.
My husband and I didn't want to get to the hospital and be sent home that we were still 2/4cm dilated. So we stayed on contemplating whether to go in the morning of the next day or to go later that night.

At a point, we decided to just go and check how dilated I was cos the labour had increased in every way. Couldn't take two spoons of food without being interrupted by intense painful contractions.

Brethren, we got to the hospital around 8.45pm. They checked me in the delivery room and the doctor said I was 8cm dilated and he could see or was it feel baby's head! Nobody was more surprised than me!

They asked if I brought my hospital bag. I said yes oo. They said if I had delayed longer I would have given birth at home or in the car.
That was how they started preparing for delivery. I didn't get up again after checking. The nurse was setting my drip when I felt baby's head coming. I told her o. So she started trying to deliver baby and complete setting up my drip line.

I pushed the first time. Then she said she would give me a cut on the second push to make more room for baby's head. I was given a cut and I pushed and shouted/screamed to bring forth my child 45mins after getting to the hospital. We never knew we had done most of the labouring at home but we were glad we did. God made it fast, easy and He took all the glory.

I was stitched with local anesthetic and that was it. Thank you for your time, mamas.
To my teamies that have birthed, I say big congrats! To those who will still drop, I say safe delivery. To my dear ATC mums, I say the God who did it for us is still in the business of doing good. He will come through for you and you will carry your babies sooner rather than later.

Birth story submitted. Cc Captain beyedew
God is awesome. I'm sooo happy for you kiss. Kisses to her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cutemarvel(f): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2020
ijeije123:
Okay @CuteMarvel. I will try even tho sleeping on my sides isnt easy at all. I haven't enjoyed sleep since 2days cos of it.
Pls how can one improve sleeping on the sides. I have tried putting pillow yet it isn't working.
Continuous practice ma. It's not always easy, that's y it's good to start earlier. Support with pillows and can put pillow between your legs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
ijeije123:
You can try pregnancy pillow or change the position you put you pillow. You can try hooking the pillow behind your back so that u back rest on the pillow.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nikkyshyne(f): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
ijeije123:
You can try pregnancy pillow or change the position you put you pillow. You can try hooking the pillow behind your back so that ur back rest on the pillow.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeijeoma: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sashafm:
Hello mama's
What's is our take on induction.
I am 40weeks without any signs of labour. The doctor has advised we do once its 41 weeks next week. However I am thinking of trying induction first but my husband is discouraging me. He says induction is not properly monitored and can go wrong and cause issue.
Please I need people who have experienced induction and general take on this mater.

The first thing is to use a good hospital so you can trust your doctors judgement. If the doctor says you need to be induced then its best to do the induction. I have 4 kids and I was induced for 3 out of the 4. It went well with no complications. If you are already overdue and all is well with you and the baby the doctor will probably suggest induction and not a c section. The final choice is yours you could decline induction and go straight to a c section

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sashafm(f): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
beeijeoma:

The first thing is to use a good hospital so you can trust your doctors judgement. If the doctor says you need to be induced then its best to do the induction. I have 4 kids and I was induced for 3 out of the 4. It went well with no complications. If you are already overdue and all is well with you and the baby the doctor will probably suggest induction and not a c section. The final choice is yours you could decline induction and go straight to a c section
Alright. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 9:18pm On Feb 22, 2020
Sashafm:
Hello mama's
What's is our take on induction.
I am 40weeks without any signs of labour. The doctor has advised we do once its 41 weeks next week. However I am thinking of trying induction first but my husband is discouraging me. He says induction is not properly monitored and can go wrong and cause issue.
Please I need people who have experienced induction and general take on this mater.
I was induced at 40wks+ in my first pregnancy and it went well. Just trust your caregivers and your instincts,do away with fear also.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jbiswas3(m): 8:17am On Feb 23, 2020
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 8:49am On Feb 23, 2020
Delivery made to our customer in Ilorin.
Cot can be used as bed and a play yard for your 0 to 3 year old child. Also comes with its own baby net.
So if you're worried about gumbody and you want your baby to be able to play in a safe space, you definitely need this.
Just remove the soft mattress and put their toys in there during the day.

N27000 only and includes an extra mattress soft and plush for babies.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
Please mamas, I'm almost 14 weeks, is it safe to take maleria drugs or injection now?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2020
Liftedhands what are you doing on 2015 posts cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ayaoye:
Please mamas, I'm almost 14 weeks, is it safe to take maleria drugs or injection now?

Did your Dr. prescribed it for you or it's self medication? IPT is usually given when you can feel the baby movement. If you are having malaria, talk to your Dr. There is a particular anti-malaria that you can use at this stage.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ayaoye:
Self medication is never safe in pregnancy. You ought to have started your antenatal. If not please don't wait again. If you have any issue, let your doctor manage you. I had malaria around 7wks and was treated at hospital with injection and drugs including drip as I was so weak. But we're fine now. So major thing is who is giving the treatment. Avoid self medication by all means. Let your hospital run tests and know what your body needs. Safe bumping to you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
zaynie:
Liftedhands what are you doing on 2015 posts cheesy
I thought my eyes where deceiving me grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2020
zaynie:
Liftedh ands what are you doing on 2015 posts cheesy
grin grin grin me sef taya.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 1:40pm On Feb 23, 2020
Preciouschinwe:
I thought my eyes where deceiving me grin
cheesy cheesy your eyes are not o grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preciouschinwe(f): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Liftedhands:
cheesy cheesy your eyes are not o grin
I laughed so hard at those comments. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
miraclebaby:
Self medication is never safe in pregnancy. You ought to have started your antenatal. If not please don't wait again. If you have any issue, let your doctor manage you. I had malaria around 7wks and was treated at hospital with injection and drugs including drip as I was so weak. But we're fine now. So major thing is who is giving the treatment. Avoid self medication by all means. Let your hospital run tests and know what your body needs. Safe bumping to you

talltosyne:

Did your Dr. prescribed it for you or it's self medication? IPT is usually given when you can feel the baby movement. If you are having malaria, talk to your Dr. There is a particular anti-malaria that you can use at this stage.

THANKS for your response but I want to point out that I am not self medicating (nor I'm I asking for any suitable drugs) undecided and I have started antenatal, I just started feeling like i am having maleria this afternoon and planing to go to the hospital this evening. I'm only asking because I miscarried my last pregnancy and I'm suspecting that the injection that was given when I had maleria then caused it. I just wanted to be on a safe side asking mamas that have streated it, how their experience went.... Anyways... Thanks for your response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 2:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Preciouschinwe:
I laughed so hard at those comments. cheesy
Sweet memories kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 2:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
OK......now we know..... in my first pregnancy, i had typhoid and malaria and was admitted for days. I was majorly treated with drugs, no injection. It was when I was unable to sleep that I was then given injection.... I will advise you run test and be sure......
Ayaoye:

THANKS for your response but I want to point out that I am not self medicating (nor I'm I asking for any suitable drugs) undecided and I have started antenatal, I just started feeling like i am having maleria this afternoon and planing to go to the hospital this evening. I'm only asking because I miscarried my last pregnancy and I'm suspecting that the injection that was given when I had maleria then caused it. I just wanted to be on a safe side asking mamas that have streated it, how their experience went.... Anyways... Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2020
Liftedhands:
Sweet memories kiss

When you bashed us abi?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tpapi: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
nice one
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2020
talltosyne:
OK......now we know..... in my first pregnancy, i had typhoid and malaria and was admitted for days. I was majorly treated with drugs, no injection. It was when I was unable to sleep that I was then given injection.... I will advise you run test and be sure......

Alright thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shithapuns: 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2020
nnekaike:
Asin its not a funny thing to look at,the last time I went to the saloon as I just looked at myself in the mirror there I was shocked at the image I was seeing,the big and ugly nose just make the matter worsen. I don't know why my nose always increase in size during pregnancy.

the nose probablly grows in size during pregnancy, so you can be able to take in more air , for you and baby inside grin
says dr aprokoko

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 4:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
talltosyne:

When you bashed us abi?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sttmema: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2020
Happy Sunday sabi mamas....how’s the heat where u are o?
Me I am 2wks postpartum n I have since started using cold water to bathe...don’t know how to drink hot water for this tummy o...God will help me ...Biko I want to know if craving does not end with pregnancy ooo...I’m still craving orisisi abi is my own long throat? February teamies! How far? Congrats to those that have birthed...HnH bumping to the rest...
Cappo I hail o

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
talltosyne:

When you bashed us abi?
cheesy cheesy cheesy lmao
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divinemandate: 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
congrats @ ijeije123. may God bless your dd

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2020
Ayaoye:
Alright dear. Please go to hospital. Malaria if not treated isn't good for your baby. I wish you quick recovery and a successful carriage.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 8:36pm On Feb 23, 2020
miraclebaby:
Alright dear. Please go to hospital. Malaria if not treated isn't good for your baby. I wish you quick recovery and successful carriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5496) (5497) (5498) (5499) (5500) (5501) (5502) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.