Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5714) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8158644 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2020
4realwoman:
both of us are positive. The whole thing started 3days after he was born, they discovered the jaundice and he was put under the light and after few day we were discharged and ask to come back 2days later for follow up test which we did and it went back up to 16 and he was placed under the light again before we were discharge again and ask to come back for another follow up it then went back from 9 to 11but the private hospital felt it was nothing to worry about but people around us keep saying it's not go to circumcise him when the jaundice is still in his body which made us to carry out jaundice test to check the level so that we can circumcise him only for the result to come back 18 shocked shocked shocked you needed to see me that as I was just crying, someone directed us to one general hospital on Abraham Adesunya Maternity and Child center, that was how we rushed to the place and they had to redo the test which came back 11. N his PCV was 31 and the Dr gave us antibiotics to use for one week and see them again in a week time.
I went back on Tuesday to see the Dr and the same test was carried out but according to the Dr's the jaundice is nothing to worry about as he has passed the danger stage and it will clear with time but their major concern is his blood level for his again is low which made them to admit us that Tuesday to give him blood and we were discharged yesterday.
His ward was on the 3rd floor and I kept on going up and down now as I am typing now all my body is seriously paining me and yet my breast milk is not flowing the way I want it to flow and I have used everything usable like cookies, palm wine, breast milk granola that am yet to use still nothing.
It making me feel bad as if I am seriously failing my son.
Missing my MIL badly, can't wait for her to come and pamper me.
It is well mama..I have experience this jaundice matter with my first child .. It was not easy then but God saw us through it all. Did u try that pawpaw therapy? U can ask on newborn thread for solutions too.
It is d stress that is making ur breast milk not to flow well, don't feel bad about it u are a wonderful mum to him already it is not easy to carry him for 9 months.. Kisses joor kiss kiss kiss kiss u are trying oo once u relax now ur breast milk will be rushing like tap smiley smiley

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 25, 2020
Amen.

Just getting to know that a doctor prescription for her friend was what she hinged on and applied to herself, without asking for the route of administration or verifying to from other doctors around.

Bomgirl:

Who prescribed the quinine for her?
At this point, only her gynaecologist can advice her right. The scan may not see a fetal pole cos it's too early. I pray it ends in praise. Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2020
katchycouture:

I sure will, as for the headache I think you should rest well and avoid stress, we will definitely meet to rejoice in December..
December with cute cute babies ooo
I can't wait ooo it is doing me like Dec is next two months sef

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
katchycouture:

I am a mother of 2 and I've gone through CS twice and I can proudly tell you that I will still choose CS over and over again , you really have nothing to be afraid of, it is a simple and painless procedure, but the after pain no be here ooo but it can be managed with pain killers, during CS you won't feel a single pain, and the procedure is usually done under 20-30mins if you don't have any underlying problem, just relax and trust God , ask him to feel the doctors with the holy spirit and you and your baby will be fine..

Amen to the prayers.
the after pain how can an amateur manage it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
sunbestie:

It is well mama..I have experience this jaundice matter with my first child .. It was not easy then but God saw us through it all. Did u try that pawpaw therapy? U can ask on newborn thread for solutions too.
It is d stress that is making ur breast milk not to flow well, don't feel bad about it u are a wonderful mum to him already it is not easy to carry him for 9 months.. Kisses joor kiss kiss kiss kiss u are trying oo once u relax now ur breast milk will be rushing like tap smiley smiley
Thank you ma'am for the word of encouragement. I tried pawpaw and early morning sun yet nothing. Can't wait for the breast to start flowing as I remembered I did exclusive for my first son so don't know what is wrong now and I want to believe that it's stress that is causing it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2020
khaite23:

I had a smooth CS experience with my first. At first I was afraid cos av watched series of videos on Cs. But the procedure was fast within 45 minutes I was out of d theatre. I felt pains no doubt about it, but the moment I was able to stand up straight, the pain vamoosed. I pray it shall be easy for you.

Amen...thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmym4(m): 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
dimexy247:
UPDATED ON 23/06/2020
After series of observation, monitoring, ultrasound scans, treatments, and many other things I can't even start to mention plus the 3 weeks stay in the hospital, the final scan showed that the fluid has almost drained completely and requires an urgent C-Section to save my boy and ease the mother of agonizing pains. The doctor explained the process especially the post-effect as my baby is still at preterm as he is in the 33rd week. The surgery was performed today 23/06/2020, started exactly at 1:10pm and ended exactly at 5:30pm. My boy was by the special grace of God delivered and the mother survived. His weight is low but I thank God, against all odds, God surprised even the surgeon as my boy is healthy and strong. He is a fighter, he cried like a 3 month old baby, very sharp voice, was even fed Pre Nan food via syringe and he sucked well. Mother and baby is okay.

I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who gave their support in one way or the other. May God ease all of your affairs.

To all struggling mothers who is experiencing the same or other issues, I pray God sort your issues with ease.

It was rough the whole time that I became scared when the fluid did not stop, it kept gushing but God did His wonder as always.

And to cap it all, it is greatly expensive. May God provide for us all.

Picture of my baby coming soon

Congratulations bro, thank God for the successful delivery. Glad the mum and baby is ok.
It is well with you.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Izbanda01(f): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ada243:
Team june. My baby arrived on 19th june at 38weeks6days. EDD 28th june. I started exercising at 33weeks so he would come earlier, please dont try this if u have any underlying problems.

Congratulations dear

We thank God for safe delivery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
4realwoman:
both of us are positive. The whole thing started 3days after he was born, they discovered the jaundice and he was put under the light and after few day we were discharged and ask to come back 2days later for follow up test which we did and it went back up to 16 and he was placed under the light again before we were discharge again and ask to come back for another follow up it then went back from 9 to 11but the private hospital felt it was nothing to worry about but people around us keep saying it's not go to circumcise him when the jaundice is still in his body which made us to carry out jaundice test to check the level so that we can circumcise him only for the result to come back 18 shocked shocked shocked you needed to see me that as I was just crying, someone directed us to one general hospital on Abraham Adesunya Maternity and Child center, that was how we rushed to the place and they had to redo the test which came back 11. N his PCV was 31 and the Dr gave us antibiotics to use for one week and see them again in a week time.
I went back on Tuesday to see the Dr and the same test was carried out but according to the Dr's the jaundice is nothing to worry about as he has passed the danger stage and it will clear with time but their major concern is his blood level for his again is low which made them to admit us that Tuesday to give him blood and we were discharged yesterday.
His ward was on the 3rd floor and I kept on going up and down now as I am typing now all my body is seriously paining me and yet my breast milk is not flowing the way I want it to flow and I have used everything usable like cookies, palm wine, breast milk granola that am yet to use still nothing.

Ehyah...... Sorry, that's lot of stress for you. This too shall pass, baby will be fine. Stress may be contributing to why you not lactating well. Just continue feed him formula say every 2 hour and put him to breast in between if he's not asleep. The idea and target now is to raise his PCV while he also excrete the remaining jaundice from his system (that was the advice the consultant pediatrician gave us with my senior boy tho he wasn't transfused) You are not failing your son sis, The breast milk will flow and All will be well.

If there are ways to bring in your MIL, even if to chatter a private car please do it will be expensive but will save you lots of stress. Caring yourself, newborn and a toddler alone is not an easy thing. I can relate because lockdown didn't allow me to get help when I gave birth too but thank God I pulled through. God is your strength sis kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
bimberry1307:
How are my slaying belleful August mamas doing this morning?

This is just to check on us all. Bisade44, I dey see your complaints everytime. Pele, it's not easy but it'll surely end in praise.

My personal person @ayaoye, how are you?
Those of you that wants to port, I'm just side eyeing you all. Abeg let God's will be done, we're almost there. I hope we're all done with shopping sha. May God Almighty provide for us in abundance.
Safe delivery with healthy baby and mama is all we pray for.

Congratulations to all the mamas/caring dads that have birthed their LOs. May they be everything we ever desire and more.

My Cappo, lmao wish I could be done with the journey already.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
shegooba34:
Amen.

Just getting to know that a doctor prescription for her friend was what she hinged on and applied to herself, without asking for the route of administration or verifying to from other doctors around.

the drug quinine is not to be used by a pregnant woman . It causes pregnancy termination. Pls let's be careful how we self medicate

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by temmym4(m): 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mamas please, wifey has got this pimple-like bumps all over her chest, hands and now getting to her neck region.
I guess it's pregnancy reaction according to what most people said. Is this true or could it be a sign we should be worried about?

Funny enough she enjoys me scratching them, they go away leaving spots while fresh ones surfaces.
Is it also safe to scratch them?
is there anyone going through this as well?
What can be recommend for it to go away, if there is nothing, then will they go away with yhe black spots after childbirth?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Lizzyangel:

Amen to the prayers.
the after pain how can an amateur manage it?

There is nothing for you to do, only take your meds and rest well. The pain is only for 2 days, it could be less or more depending on your body type. See don't just entertain any type of fear, I have a very low threshold for pain, I can't even stand being injected not to talk of any form of pain but I have gone thru the CS twice , if I can do it then you can do it. Relax mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dimexy247(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
Thank you so much, means so much to us, my best regards to the family. Amen to your prayers.

temmym4:

Congratulations bro, thank God for the successful delivery. Glad the mum and baby is ok.
It is well with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2020
Fertilady:
the drug quinine is not to be used by a pregnant woman . It causes pregnancy termination. Pls let's be careful how we self medicate

Hmmm...I also do not support self medication. However, my doctor prescribed and administered quinine on me when I was admitted in the hospital for malaria last month...I was about 4/5 weeks pregnant then. Me and the pregnancy are perfectly fine. As far as quinine is prescribed for you by your Dr, it is safe in pregnancy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by funmi4love(f): 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2020
4realwoman:
Just checking up on you all my team June mama's.

@Tomblessings, how are you doing today and you princess?

@Ugochiada, how are you teamie and your prince? Hope fine?

@Gistme12, How is your prince doing today? Hope everyone is fine and keeping safe?

@Teebee22, How is baby and the family ma'am?

@funmi4love, How are you doing ma'am and your princess? Hope everyone is fine?

@Neile, How are you today? Hope you have fully recovered and baby is doing perfectly well?

@miraclebaby, How is you prince ma'am? Hope you all are good and keeping safe? Just checking up on you.

@whyworryPH, hope you no longer feel the pains and you are recovering well? Kiss princess for my and regards to the family.

@Limahgirl, how are you and princess doing today? Regards to everyone.

@ FashionTrend, Hello ma'am it's been long I heard from you hope you and your are good? Pls let us know how are you doing please?

@IryNky, ma'am longest time no hear from you hope you are doing good and preparing to welcome baby?

@daragoldy, teamie how are you doing today and any show from baby yet? Don't worry the lord will make it easy for you and other mamas.

@livelystone, hope you get mention cause you have not been answering roll call. Hope you are good and baby is also kicking well? Pls let us know how you are doing and can't wait to rejoice with you when you announce your BA.

@rositabuchi, hope you are good? Just checking up on you.

@tomtittot, how are you doing today teamie? Praying for fast and easy delivery.

@mrslander, checking up on you and baby and also praying for fast n easy delivery, can't wait for you to announce your BA, take care and stay safe.

@Ada243, longest time mama, hope you are good? Just checking up on you.

@Amarisa, Christianaoha, Oyovwi, how are you mamas doing? I'm sure you all have welcomed your Los pls come in and share the good news with us so that we know that you all are good and also learn from your BS.

As for me I'm good just jaundice that we have been battling since n just yesterday Dr said his Pcv was low.
I have really been stressedup lately but in everything I give God the glory.

Team June you all are in my prayers.

Take care n stay safe.
Thanks cappo we are fine, wishing your son quick and perfect recovery in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dbryan: 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
Good day waddling and soon to waddle mamas and mamas that have put to bed congratulations, May God make our children source of joy to us. Amen
Team oct how are we pushing on? Able cappo @ threegees I troway salute o.
For the first time since 2013 I registered was banned yesterday for a day cux I posted a l.ink where we can buy data and airtime at a very discounted rate and also pay for cable subscriptions and Electricity bills all at the comfort of our home by ourselves and at a discounted rate smiley.
You buy ur mtn 100# for 97.2, your 1GB data for 385 likewise for all network.
The amazing thing is it’s very legit and registration is Free, C.lick on the l.ink on my signature to register.
After registration, the next step is wallet funding (deposit) c.lick on it and choose the 3rd option of auto credit instant(transfer) then submit.
Your unique Providus Bank account number will be displayed, transfer into the account and your wallet will be funded instantly. The least amount u can start with is 100 naira cux it’s from your wallet u recharge your airtime and data and pay for other bills. Also the reason we are going for the third option is it’s not advisable to put your ATM details online.
I hope it’s self explanatory but if u have any question or you want to upgrade or use it as business you can WhatsApp me with the number on the l.ink,just scroll down.
I hope I don’t get ban again....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
Wow.. Congrats Sir. May he be the all and more you wanted. Wishing your wiffy speedy recovery and may God bless u with double of all you have spent this period, Amen.
dimexy247:
UPDATED ON 23/06/2020
After series of observation, monitoring, ultrasound scans, treatments, and many other things I can't even start to mention plus the 3 weeks stay in the hospital, the final scan showed that the fluid has almost drained completely and requires an urgent C-Section to save my boy and ease the mother of agonizing pains. The doctor explained the process especially the post-effect as my baby is still at preterm as he is in the 33rd week. The surgery was performed today 23/06/2020, started exactly at 1:10pm and ended exactly at 5:30pm. My boy was by the special grace of God delivered and the mother survived. His weight is low but I thank God, against all odds, God surprised even the surgeon as my boy is healthy and strong. He is a fighter, he cried like a 3 month old baby, very sharp voice, was even fed Pre Nan food via syringe and he sucked well. Mother and baby is okay.

I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who gave their support in one way or the other. May God ease all of your affairs.

To all struggling mothers who is experiencing the same or other issues, I pray God sort your issues with ease.

It was rough the whole time that I became scared when the fluid did not stop, it kept gushing but God did His wonder as always.

And to cap it all, it is greatly expensive. May God provide for us all.

Picture of my baby coming soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2020
Since I took in, I found out that my body doesn't want beans as much as it used to. I can only take once a week cos it makes me so so gassy, causes heart burn that I have to throw up after some mins to cool my chest and causes purging too. I'm 35wks, team July. Pls reduce ur intake of beans for now.
Mzora:
Sabi Mamas pls help...I've been gassy and bloated since ysterday...I even had slight diarrhea with my stomach making rumbling noise.
Is there anything I can do to help with the bloatedness?
Note: currently 37weeks.. slept with my windows open and there was cold..ate beans too..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 4:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
This is so great to hear. Most of these private hospitals are there to drain someone. Thank God for the successful procedure. I stay in Ikorodu but hubby doesnt want us to use the Ijede General hospital majorly cos of the bad road and he claims it will be stressful. So we using a private around our vicinity. Speedy delivery to her and may this all end in great praises. We will conduct our own naming ceremony here on NL by God's grace kiss. Congrats sir.I'm so happy
Lyoncrescent:
Good Afternoon, want to give a feedback on the cerclage. Just after Olan quoted 420k for the cerclage and based on the advice on this forum and elsewhere, we sought to go to ayinke house. A close family friend who is a matron in one of the hospitals under Lagos state linked us up with a doctor who is obs/gyn . The man is based in ikorodu now and works with the general hospital in ijede ikorodu and he has his own private hospital. We saw him initially in his private hospital and he recommended the cerclage also to be done in General hospital ijdede.

I've never been to a government hospital and the road to the ijede general hospital is really bad but fortunately my parents stay in ikorodu so the distance was managed. Will do the review of my experience of the facilities later but in summary it was better than I expected even though it was rowdy.

My wife had a successful cerclage procedure done for her there and they kept her on bed rest for one week. They also put something in her to pass urine from her bladder to a bag for two days so she has less urge to stand up after the procedure.she also didn't eat before the procedure and she said it wasn't painful. She's much stronger and we did another scan and the cerclage is well placed and baby is fine. No pain yet from the two large fibroids . Going to be 14 weeks soon.

Finally from the 420 Thousand Naira olan quoted , At the General hospital ijede the cost of the cerclage plus cost of accommodation with feeding for seven days plus cost of merceline tape plus cost of necessary drugs came to a grand total of 44k. 44 Thousand Naira. The food wasn't fantastic though so I had to take food to her everyday based on her peculiar cravings for each day.
The doctor we are using is experienced as in general hospital they are exposed to all sorts of cases so I believe he's seen things and he is also realistic.

As for the general hospital ijede, they tried. They even have AC unit in the female ward with plasma TV showing DStv.The power supply is also 24/7 and the environment is neat. There's always a nurse in the room as nurses have a designated chair and table in the ward. You can also Google them and see some of their strides. It's small but they are trying . Also olan charges 15k for ultrasound. They charge 1,500. However it's not about just the cost savings,the doctor seeing us knows what he's doing so far and is handling it as a high risk pregnancy. We keep praying. I thank you all for the advice to use a government hospital. I'm grateful.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pearl05(f): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
shegooba34:
Good day everyone.. am a bit bothered about some occurence in my home.

My wife, having her first issue is 5week 5 day gone already, but she has been complaining of right back ache, down to her pelvic and towards her right leg. Although she had her scan three days ago which confirmed that something is in her uterus, we started seeing blood spot yesterday (she had symptoms of malaria yesterday morning which she took quinin for).

When she saw this, she was scared, and a senior medical personal had to prescribe what could make her rest. She woke this morning without any blood spot, but she is scared because the breast soreness experience has reduced.

Although she did another test this morning and still showed double lines, she is scared. She is fine now, better than last night, but am equally worried.

Is this early morning test that relevant to the situation at hand.
Her soreness that has reduced, what is the implication.

Although she will be seeing her gynecologist in the next two hours, I still need feedback from those who are knowledgeable and experienced around.

Pls, help

Please don't self medicate. Even some doctors do make mistake at times which is why we sake second opinion or read up about the drugs prescribed before taking.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
@4realwoman, well done ma.
You have not failed your son in anyway. When I had my DD2 over 2 years ago, she had jaundice and was transfused twice. First when she was admitted and when it was discovered that her PVC was low. I had her through CS so you can imagine how stressful it was for me, her ward was also on the 3rd floor. We were in the hospital for over two weeks after delivery because of Jaundice.
Your milk is not flowing probably because of stress because you have done much for it to flow. My baby was on formula and breast milk for the first 3 weeks before my milk started flowing well. If not for COVID19, I would have said you should find help even if the person will come on a daily basis, hope grandma will come soon. You need all the help you can get now.
Please stay strong, find help and know that you did the best for your son. There are some things we can't control, we just do the best we can, pray about it and leave the rest to God.
It is well with you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hope she is better now and has seen the doctor? If not, please try and get her to see one as soon as possible. Had same issue and it was later discovered to be an ectopic pregnancy. Am praying with you, it is well. You wife case will be different. All will be fine
shegooba34:
Good day everyone.. am a bit bothered about some occurence in my home.

My wife, having her first issue is 5week 5 day gone already, but she has been complaining of right back ache, down to her pelvic and towards her right leg. Although she had her scan three days ago which confirmed that something is in her uterus, we started seeing blood spot yesterday (she had symptoms of malaria yesterday morning which she took quinin for).

When she saw this, she was scared, and a senior medical personal had to prescribe what could make her rest. She woke this morning without any blood spot, but she is scared because the breast soreness experience has reduced.

Although she did another test this morning and still showed double lines, she is scared. She is fine now, better than last night, but am equally worried.

Is this early morning test that relevant to the situation at hand.
Her soreness that has reduced, what is the implication.

Although she will be seeing her gynecologist in the next two hours, I still need feedback from those who are knowledgeable and experienced around.

Pls, help
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ijeije123: 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mama pls send to this watsapp no. 08140979298. Will really appreciate. Thanks.
suilois:
Hello momma... Nice bump.. God journey with us till the end. I'm at 24 weeks now oh and my baby bump looks like i just finished eating. Atimes I wonder if I'm normal self. Its only big breast im carrying up and down. BTW... I have supernatural childbirth.. Dunno if it's the same book you need. You can send your mail or whatsapp number, so i can send to you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cheeketo(f): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mama relax your mind, let me share an experience with you, my cousin had her baby march this year at ikorodu general, that is where i use too, she had a vigaina birth and so was discharged the next day, after the 3rd or 4th day my mum told me they called her that the baby is doing somehow, meanwhile mum came first to look after the baby, cos my aunt the grandmother had to put finishing touches to her business before she can travel down to Lagos.
My mum noticed the baby was crying too much, even after been feed and as the new mum doesn't even have time to sleep, they introduced glucose water to the baby, which kept her quite for a while before crying starts again, with the hope that very soon the baby will get used to being out of the womb, this was done until my mum was ready to travel back about the 4th day after birth.
Surprisingly my mum called me that my aunt called to tell her the baby is rejecting breast and the baby is twisting her neck to one side and rolling up her eyes, both the new mum and grand mum were scared and rush the baby to a private clinic in their area, the clinic asked them to go to where they gave birth to the baby, by that time I had called them to go to the general hospital and that I will meet them there (my own morning/ evening sickness had started dealing with that time, but upon hearing about the baby all my symptoms vanished).
The dr. that saw us at the GH said the umbilical cord is septic but the major thing is the baby has jaundice, and needs phototherapy, but there is no bed space, so we were referred to Lasuth, we thought of going from Ikorodu to Ikeja at that time of the day, inside traffic and we wondered what will happen to the baby on the way, we informed some friends and they started making calls and finally we got an hospital nearby that has the phototherapy light, the baby was admitted, drawing blood for test was an issue as the baby kept crying, the doctor asked the mother to breast feed, and lectured on how to go about it thinking it's just a new mother thing, the baby will try and latch on, but it's cry afterwards, the dr. ordered baby food and the baby eat and slept for hours, that is when we discovered that the mum wasn't lactating at all, so invariably the baby has not eaten since she was born. She had been hungry, so each time she wakes, she was taken from the light and feed, she will just sleep off. They were discharged after 5 days, the new mum was given herbs to drink and bathe with and that is how she started lactating, after than can of baby milk they never bought another, and the baby now looks healthy and chubby.

So the point of the story is if the baby is not getting enough food, they can develop jaundice as their immune system needs food to fight it, so mama kindly get your baby an alternative milk source, until you start lactating well, it doesn't mean you failed as mum and you can still do EBF afterwards.
[quote author=4realwoman post=91049456]

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dimexy247(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Awww! Thank you very much ma, I really am very grateful. I say amen to your prayers. May God be with you and your entire household. The baby and mother says hi. God bless you ma. Regards to the family.

ijeije123:
Wow.. Congrats Sir. May he be the all and more you wanted. Wishing your wiffy speedy recovery and may God bless u with double of all you have spent this period, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
biggal:
Good morning gorgeous mothers. I don land again with my products

●This Super saver charcoal stove is very Strong, Durable, Stylish and economical .

● It uses small charcoal to prepare large meals so its saves money on charcoal and cooks faster.

● No fanning needed, you just have to regulate to control the air flow.

● Its can be used indoors because its smokeless and ashless .

●It is made up of cast iron

Have that Nigeria Bottom pot taste

Made in Italy

Price is #8000
I want please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vinoj0225(f): 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
4realwoman:

So sorry, it will be over soon and all will end in praises in Jesus name. God who started this journey with you will make you smile very soon. Just trust in Him.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by biggal: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
I want please
Chat me up or call please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunny15: 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
[quote author=temmym4 post=91057212]
The pimples like stuff I guess is pregnancy induced..I had it and it disappeared after birth..pleas stop scratching ..you're making it worse

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldendollars(f): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please send to dollar_po@yahoo.com too..thanks

Deolaw:

Good evening. Give me your email address so I can send you the ebook if you don't have it already. More joy on your journey to meet your beautiful child.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by katchycouture(f): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
SapphirePRINCEX:
I want please

Nne when you get it please give me review let me see if I will join you in getting 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (5711) (5712) (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.