Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8155239 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 10:32am On Jun 26, 2020
angeltolly:
Ehyah...... Sorry, that's lot of stress for you. This too shall pass, baby will be fine. Stress may be contributing to why you not lactating well. Just continue feed him formula say every 2 hour and put him to breast in between if he's not asleep. The idea and target now is to raise his PCV while he also excrete the remaining jaundice from his system (that was the advice the consultant pediatrician gave us with my senior boy tho he wasn't transfused) You are not failing your son sis, The breast milk will flow and All will be well.

If there are ways to bring in your MIL, even if to chatter a private car please do it will be expensive but will save you lots of stress. Caring yourself, newborn and a toddler alone is not an easy thing. I can relate because lockdown didn't allow me to get help when I gave birth too but thank God I pulled through. God is your strength sis kiss
Thank you ma'am.
Will be making kunu n pap today as I'm told it help breast milk to flow very well. MIL will be coming this week from East hopefully before Friday. I am 100% sure that stress is deleying the milk from flowing the way it should flow.
I will keep on trying every thing tryable to make sure my milk flows.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 10:38am On Jun 26, 2020
Follow my gynea lecture on youtube,his name is akin atoki...birth preparedness and emergency readiness....he made lot of sense.thankyou

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2020
sweetlady4real:
@4realwoman, well done ma.
You have not failed your son in anyway. When I had my DD2 over 2 years ago, she had jaundice and was transfused twice. First when she was admitted and when it was discovered that her PVC was low. I had her through CS so you can imagine how stressful it was for me, her ward was also on the 3rd floor. We were in the hospital for over two weeks after delivery because of Jaundice.
Your milk is not flowing probably because of stress because you have done much for it to flow. My baby was on formula and breast milk for the first 3 weeks before my milk started flowing well. If not for COVID19, I would have said you should find help even if the person will come on a daily basis, hope grandma will come soon. You need all the help you can get now.
Please stay strong, find help and know that you did the best for your son. There are somethings we can't control, we just do the best we can, pray about it and leave the rest to God.
It is well with you.
Thank you ma'am, hopefully MIL will be here by the grace of God next week and I will have enough rest.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2020
Good morning mamas and papas, hope you had a nice night with your cuties.
I have beautiful first grade UK bodysuits at #400 each and other lovely wears for your Newborn babies and little ones at very affordable prices.
All the mamas that have patronized me here testify to how beautiful and neat the clothes are. I deliver at a token and I don't delay delivery. You get your items next day after payment in Lagos and 2 to 4 days outside Lagos. No delivery to the East and North now except Abuja due to travel restrictions.
You can contact me through WhatsApp on zero 7 zero one 2 seven 2 nine 3 one 3 for pictures and to make your order or for any enquiry.
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by suilois(f): 12:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
sweetlady4real:
Good morning mamas and papas, hope you had a nice night with your cuties.
I have beautiful first grade UK bodysuits at #400 each and other lovely wears for your Newborn babies and little ones at very affordable prices.
All the mamas that have patronized me here testify to how beautiful and neat the clothes are. I deliver at a token and I don't delay delivery. You get your items next day after payment in Lagos and 2 to 4 days outside Lagos. No delivery to the East and North now due to travel restrictions.
You can contact me through WhatsApp on zero 7 zero one 2 seven 2 nine 3 one 3 for pictures and to make your order or for any enquiry.
Thanks and God bless you.
Your whatsapp number ma... Or IG handle
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
suilois:

Your whatsapp number ma... Or IG handle
Good morning ma, My number is zero 7 zero one 2 seven 2 nine 3 one 3, you can also check my profile signature for the number or check the tiny note under this post.
The #400 price for bodysuit is only for mamas and papas on this thread.
My instagram handle is @remkiddiesthrift. I also have some items I have not posted on instagram.
Thanks ma.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
BS

NOTE: If you have popcorn grab it and get a bottle of chilled drink.

My pregnancy was uneventful except with initial malaria episode at 7weeks plus. Aside that, other issues were food aversion and spitting which continued until delivery. Around 33 weeks, I noticed an increase in my bp reading which had always been between 120 to 110 over 70 to 77. When I told my sister, she asked the value and I said 130/80. She said it’s normal but I told her that’s my first time getting that high reading. She said with pregnancy that the reading is okay. I continued monitoring it at home with about same reading or higher. I also noticed the hospital readings were around the same as the ones I took at home. Fast forward to 37weeks 5 days, my bp at the hospital was 140/90 and a second reading of 140/84 and I was told I’ll have to be admitted at the hospital for bp monitoring and to be induced at 38weeks per their hospital policy for high bp expectant moms. Test for protein in urine came back with trace intact. I told the doc I suspect my bp fluctuations is due to my lack of night rest as I was finding it hard sleeping at night. She said it could contribute but since I’m almost 38weeks it’s better I go for bp monitoring so I can be induced. Being I hate staying at hospital, I asked the doc if I can go home and return when I’m 38 weeks and she said yes, that it’s my choice. So she gave me another appointment at 38weeks. With much intentional rest over the weekend, increased water intake, mild exercise and salt reduction I returned to hospital on the said date and the bp came down to 130/80 and a repeat test of protein in urine was negative. So I was advised to continue to monitor at home and call the hospital if there’s spike; a return appointment was scheduled a week later. That was exactly at 39weeks. On getting to the hospital, the nurse kept repeating the bp reading both on my right and left hands and at a stage asked I take a deep breath in and out. That was when I knew it has gone higher again. The least reading was 145/91. At doctor’s office, the doc checked the bp twice and said she was getting 130/70. I told her I got 135/93 at home that noon before I left home. She suggested I be transferred to labour and delivery section for proper monitoring and induction. I told her I have no issues with that. So she said let her discuss with her team and left. On her return, she said I’ll have to be sent to labour and delivery as discussed earlier and she’s giving her consent for vag.inal delivery. Reason was that before then, I was advised that I may use CS if the fibroids was blocking my baby and my case was classified high risk pregnancy. But the last scan at 35weeks 5days showed none of the two big fibroids was in the way, though the sonographer explained the limitations to scan and advised I still remain open minded should CS be needed. On getting to labour and delivery room, the bp monitoring started and my bp was being recorded every 20 to 30 minutes. Two monitors were also set, one for baby’s heart beat and another for contraction. My doctor also did a quick scan and saved a it on her system. At 6pm, the doc told me they wanted to start the induction and she’ll give me adrug to help soften the cervix as it was still closed. At around 9pm, contractions started at say 5mins intervals but were not strong. At around 11am, they introduced oxytocin in small quantity and the contraction continued. Though I was able to sleep at intervals and being woken by contraction. I was also offered Pain medication to be put in drip or epidural. I told them I don’t need them yet and the anesthesiologist explained I can request for any at any time that she’ll be on standby. At around 1am, the oxytocin flow was increased and labour became more intense. I talked to the nurse and decided to go with pain relief as I was still scared of stories I’ve read on epidural sites and pains later on. I also asked her the differences and she explained that pain medication will reduce my pain and make me sleepy while epidural will not make me sleepy but remove the pain while I still feel contractions. At the thought of the needle at my back, I decided to go with pain medication since it will be injected into the drip plus the nurse explained that if I later want epidural they’ll still give me. After the pain medication was introduced, I felt a little relief with the pain however around past 1am, two nurses rushed into my room and I was put on oxygen and asked to change my position. They later explained that my baby’s heart rate stopped for a moment and showed me on the screen. Also said that to stop such, I’ll have to change my position at intervals and with the oxygen mask they hope baby will be okay. Then around 6am I was checked again and the doctor said cervix was still closed. At 6:30am my water ruptured and I was told I’ll have my baby before 24hours. Around 12noon, I was checked again and was 2cm dilated. At that I was happy the cervix finally opened. At 2pm, the pain was becoming unbearable and I told the nurse I’ve decided to take epidural so she informed the anesthesiologist and within 10 mins he came and set up the line and showed me how to control the flow if I start having pains. The nurse explained that the effect will start after 10 mins. With that, the pains vanished and I wished I had gone for it initially. Around 5pm, they said 6cm gone. By then my family was already worried as I was initially alone the first day and my sis had to come in the evening of second day. When my dh called, I told him not to worry that everything is progressing well because I didn’t want my mil to be worried due to the distance. My brother and mom said I should request for CS since induction is not progressing fast plus baby already showed sign of distress twice. But when my sis talked to the nurse, she said CS is their last resort and doctors are on standby if need be so we should not worry that baby is okay. So we kept on watching the heart beat while I change positions at intervals with the help of the nurses. By then, they’ve removed the oxytocin as she explained that each time they increase the dose, baby showed sign of distress so they allowed me to progress on my own and the contractions were very irregular. At around 12am on 17th, I started having pains on my left side, when I told the nurse she said I should change my position to enable the epidural circulate well. But then I noticed each time I lied on my right the pain returned and the button for dose increase didn’t seem to be working. I called the nurse and she informed the anesthesiologist. But then decided to check my temperature and was shocked as it was 100.4 F. She called doctor’s attention and I was checked again and at 8cm. Doctor said I’ve got infection and antibiotics needed to be administered. I told them to go ahead and they did. I only realized after that I slept off for like an hour and when I woke, my temperature was already normal. Then at past 2am, the doctor came again and explained that if I’ve not progressed to have my baby right then, they have decided to switch to CS as delivery cannot be delayed anymore due to the infection as it may affect my baby. But when she checked, she told me 10cm and said she’ll get her team ready for delivery right away. She explained to me how to push when contractions come before she left to inform her team. My sis got me to practice it showing me what the nurse explained. I was just laughing the way she was acting it. Within 5mins the team entered and set me up on how to stay. I was then asked to push with the contractions, I tried 3 times with each contraction and rested in between. At the third contraction, my baby popped out at 2:47am with a light cry. They took him and cleaned him up, then got my sis to take a picture showing his weight as 6.9lbs. He was brought to me for skin to skin as the placenta was delivered. At 9am, I was transferred to postpartum section for recovery. With my bp still fluctuating during labour and even after delivery, the doctor wanted to keep me till 19th for more monitoring but my sis told her that I’ll be better at home as I’ll get help unlike in hospital baby could not sleep the previous night. So with that she approved for my discharge in the evening of 18th and advised I call in if there’s any issue with me or my baby.
Childbirth isn’t easy but when I look at my handsome prince, I tell myself he’s worth more than the suffering. I thank God for fulfilling His promise in my life as I pray He hears the cries of all ttc mothers and grant their heart desires.

Cc @ 4realwoman

79 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
We’re good dear. My bp seems normal and stable for 2 days now. My prince also has jaundice but his doctor said it’s almost cleared. We had an appointment today and they said he’s improving fast. Compared to 20th they were thinking of keeping us overnight for treatment but after test the nurse said the value was high but not as high to keep us so advised we return on 23rd for another check which was good. Though I no longer expose him to sunlight as the sun is harsh here even through the glass as I was advised initially but he eats well now.

Did they recommend any vitamin or blood booster for your son? Hope he eats well. Try and reduce the stress too to enable you heal well. Remain blessed dear.
Thank God that you son is better now. The Dr gave us antibiotics and blood medicine for him. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 12:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
I hope he gets better soon. If your brea.stmilk isn’t flowing well consider pumping to increase the production. You may also add formular for your baby to be sure he eats enough. That’s the fastest way to reduce jaundice from his system. I also had issue with milk flow but started him on formular on 19th after I suspected the flow was too small to satisfy him. Then at appointment on 20th I was given manual brea.stpump and electric one requested as they said I needed it to be sure baby feeds well to recover from jaundice. I was also instructed to feed him at least every 3 hours even when he’s asleep I should wake him to feed. Then give him about 15ml expressed milk or formular after each feeding session should Incase he didn’t suck enough. I’ve been keeping with that and I think it helped. You may give it a try
I will try pumping to see if it will improve, he has been on formula since he was born.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
whyworryPH:

I can understand Cappo. I know the reason my pain keeps looking like it's the same is cos I'm the one bathing and doing everything for baby when we ought to be resting for quick recovery. My breast is also not flowing like it did during my son's birth.

Sorry if it looks like I'm hijacking your comment and including myself, but sometimes I feel like crying due to the pain and no rest I'm getting. Wish my mum in law was here too. But my husband and elder sister has been more than helpful in other aspects.
Please stay strong. This too shall pass and we shall count it all joy.

1st bolded that is the story of my life right now

2nd bolded pls you are not hijacking any tin oo as we are all in this together and soon it will be a thing of the passed

I cried yesterday because my son is a foodie master n he wants more of BM dan formula. My sister is here and my girl too but I still need MIL because during the time of my first son I was in enjoyment mood all thanks to her just thinking of her coming next week is giving me serious joy inside grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
BS
interesting and well detailed BS mama.
Congrats once again.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tabithaola(f): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
Deolaw:

Good evening. Give me your email address so I can send you the ebook if you don't have it already. More joy on your journey to meet your beautiful child.

Good day mama, kindly help me with the book too. God bless you. popoolatabitha@gmail.com.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
@miraclebaby congrats ooo this ur. BS just dey totori me for body ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Labor is not a child's play at all.. God bless you and our handsome Prince.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splasshhh(f): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
bimberry1307:
How are my slaying belleful August mamas doing this morning?

This is just to check on us all. Bisade44, I dey see your complaints everytime. Pele, it's not easy but it'll surely end in praise.

My personal person @ayaoye, how are you?
Those of you that wants to port, I'm just side eyeing you all. Abeg let God's will be done, we're almost there. I hope we're all done with shopping sha. May God Almighty provide for us in abundance.
Safe delivery with healthy baby and mama is all we pray for.

Congratulations to all the mamas/caring dads that have birthed their LOs. May they be everything we ever desire and more.

We are fine jare
Only we don tire
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettmum(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
BS

My pregnancy was uneventful except with initial malaria episode at 7weeks plus. Aside that, other issues were food aversion and spitting which continued until delivery. Around 33 weeks, I noticed an increase in my bp reading which had 84 and I was told I’ll have to be admitted at the that it’s my choice. So she gave me another appointment at 38weeks. With much intentional rest over reading both on my right and left hands and at a stage asked I take a deep breath in and out. That was when I knew it has gone higher again. The least reading was 145/91. At doctor’s office, the doc checked the bp twice and said she was getting 130/70. I told her I got 135/93 at home that noon before I left home. She suggested I be transferred to labour and delivery section for proper monitoring and induction. I told her I have no issues with that. So she said let her discuss with her team and left. On her return, she said I’ll have to be sent to labour and delivery as discussed earlier and she’s giving her consent for vag.inal delivery. Reason was that before then, I was advised that I may use CS if the fibroids was blocking my baby and my case was classified high risk pregnancy. But the last scan at 35weeks 5days showed none of the two big fibroids was in the way, though the sonographer explained the limitations to scan and advised I still remain open minded of stories I’ve read on epidural sites and pains later on. I also asked her the differences and she explained that pain medication will reduce my pain and make me sleepy while epidural will not make me sleepy but remove the pain while I still feel contractions. At the thought of the needle at my back, I decided to go with pain medication since it will be injected into the drip plus the nurse explained that if I informed the anesthesiologist and within 10 mins he came and set up the line and showed me how to control the flow if I start having pains. The nurse explained that the effect will start after 10 mins. With that, the pains vanished and I wished I had gone for it initially. Around 5pm, they said 6cm gone. By then my family was already worried as I was initially alone the first day and my sis had to come in the evening of second day. When my dh called, I told him not to worry that everything is progressing well because I didn’t want my mil to be worried due to the distance. My brother and mom said I should request for CS since induction is not progressing fast plus baby already showed sign of distress twice. But when my sis talked to the nurse, she said CS is their last resort and doctors are on standby if need be so we should not worry that baby is okay. So we kept on watching the heart beat while I change positions at intervals with the help of the nurses. By then, they’ve removed the oxytocin as she explained that each time they increase the dose, baby showed sign of distress so they allowed me to progress on my own and
Cc @ 4realwoman
congratulations dear.... welcome handsome...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2020
@miraclebaby, that was a detailed BS, I enjoyed reading it. Congratulations once more ma, regards to your Prince.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2020
4realwoman:

1st bolded that is the story of my life right now

2nd bolded pls you are not hijacking any tin oo as we are all in this together and soon it will be a thing of the passed

I cried yesterday because my son is a foodie master n he wants more of BM dan formula. My sister is here and my girl too but I still need MIL because during the time of my first son I was in enjoyment mood all thanks to her just thinking of her coming next week is giving me serious joy inside grin

I'm so happy you will finally get to rest dear. Please enjoy and get pampared Wella cos you deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzora(f): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
@miraclebaby.. your hospital is so professional...I luv the way they took care of u and made sure you and baby are fine.well detailed birth story.thanks for sharing.if u don't mind is this hospital in naija?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 6:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
4realwoman:
interesting and well detailed BS mama.
Congrats once again.
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
sweetlady4real:
@miraclebaby, that was a detailed BS, I enjoyed reading it. Congratulations once more ma, regards to your Prince.
Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by miraclebaby: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
Mzora:
@miraclebaby.. your hospital is so professional...I luv the way they took care of u and made sure you and baby are fine.well detailed birth story.thanks for sharing.if u don't mind is this hospital in naija?
Thanks dear. It’s not Naija. As per professionalism, I commot cap for these oyibo people

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 8:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ayaoye:

My Cappo, I dey o... How are you doing too? Thanks for checking on us. Omo it has not been easy::: I don't have urge to eat, I only take tea, custard and unserious food. My toodler has been acting like a baby, he cries on anything, wanting me to carry him or do something for him, even when I have helps around, it can get overwhelming at times because he is 3 and I expect him to stop all these cry cry and attention seeking, some said because he knows I will be having a baby soon hence his behavior. But is it True that he will change after childbirth? because he is always tempting me to beat him and I don't want to be a mama that will always spank her child.
My sister, we're in the same boat on this one. My second DD will be 4 by Dec but she behaves like 2yrs old. I'm told it's the pregnancy and that she'll behave more maturely when the baby comes. Tonight now, she insisted on playing with my breasts before she'll go to bed, yeah! It's that bad. Hmmm. It is well.
On the other hand, I eat like a horse now o and it's scaring me. I don't know what to do, I'm always hungry.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
Splasshhh:

We are fine jare
Only we don tire
Pele teamie, it will end in praise. Tiredness na my middle name now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
Thanks dear. It’s not Naija. As per professionalism, I commot cap for these oyibo people

I knew it! One can hardly get such top notch treatment in Nigeria. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mum2bsoon: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
miraclebaby:
BS

My pregnancy was uneventful except with initial malaria episode at 7weeks plus. Aside that, other issues were food aversion and spitting which continued until delivery. Around 33 weeks, I noticed an increase in my bp reading which had always been between 120 to 110 over 70 to 77. When I told my sister, she asked the value and I said 130/80. She said it’s normal but I told her that’s my first time getting that high reading. She said with pregnancy that the reading is okay. I continued monitoring it at home with about same reading or higher. I also noticed the hospital readings were around the same as the ones I took at home. Fast forward to 37weeks 5 days, my bp at the hospital was 140/90 and a second reading of 140/84 and I was told I’ll have to be admitted at the hospital for bp monitoring and to be induced at 38weeks per their hospital policy for high bp expectant moms. Test for protein in urine came back with trace intact. I told the doc I suspect my bp fluctuations is due to my lack of night rest as I was finding it hard sleeping at night. She said it could contribute but since I’m almost 38weeks it’s better I go for bp monitoring so I can be induced. Being I hate staying at hospital, I asked the doc if I can go home and return when I’m 38 weeks and she said yes, that it’s my choice. So she gave me another appointment at 38weeks. With much intentional rest over the weekend, increased water intake, mild exercise and salt reduction I returned to hospital on the said date and the bp came down to 130/80 and a repeat test of protein in urine was negative. So I was advised to continue to monitor at home and call the hospital if there’s spike; a return appointment was scheduled a week later. That was exactly at 39weeks. On getting to the hospital, the nurse kept repeating the bp reading both on my right and left hands and at a stage asked I take a deep breath in and out. That was when I knew it has gone higher again. The least reading was 145/91. At doctor’s office, the doc checked the bp twice and said she was getting 130/70. I told her I got 135/93 at home that noon before I left home. She suggested I be transferred to labour and delivery section for proper monitoring and induction. I told her I have no issues with that. So she said let her discuss with her team and left. On her return, she said I’ll have to be sent to labour and delivery as discussed earlier and she’s giving her consent for vag.inal delivery. Reason was that before then, I was advised that I may use CS if the fibroids was blocking my baby and my case was classified high risk pregnancy. But the last scan at 35weeks 5days showed none of the two big fibroids was in the way, though the sonographer explained the limitations to scan and advised I still remain open minded should CS be needed. On getting to labour and delivery room, the bp monitoring started and my bp was being recorded every 20 to 30 minutes. Two monitors were also set, one for baby’s heart beat and another for contraction. My doctor also did a quick scan and saved a it on her system. At 6pm, the doc told me they wanted to start the induction and she’ll give me adrug to help soften the cervix as it was still closed. At around 9pm, contractions started at say 5mins intervals but were not strong. At around 11am, they introduced oxytocin in small quantity and the contraction continued. Though I was able to sleep at intervals and being woken by contraction. I was also offered Pain medication to be put in drip or epidural. I told them I don’t need them yet and the anesthesiologist explained I can request for any at any time that she’ll be on standby. At around 1am, the oxytocin flow was increased and labour became more intense. I talked to the nurse and decided to go with pain relief as I was still scared of stories I’ve read on epidural sites and pains later on. I also asked her the differences and she explained that pain medication will reduce my pain and make me sleepy while epidural will not make me sleepy but remove the pain while I still feel contractions. At the thought of the needle at my back, I decided to go with pain medication since it will be injected into the drip plus the nurse explained that if I later want epidural they’ll still give me. After the pain medication was introduced, I felt a little relief with the pain however around past 1am, two nurses rushed into my room and I was put on oxygen and asked to change my position. They later explained that my baby’s heart rate stopped for a moment and showed me on the screen. Also said that to stop such, I’ll have to change my position at intervals and with the oxygen mask they hope baby will be okay. Then around 6am I was checked again and the doctor said cervix was still closed. At 6:30am my water ruptured and I was told I’ll have my baby before 24hours. Around 12noon, I was checked again and was 2cm dilated. At that I was happy the cervix finally opened. At 2pm, the pain was becoming unbearable and I told the nurse I’ve decided to take epidural so she informed the anesthesiologist and within 10 mins he came and set up the line and showed me how to control the flow if I start having pains. The nurse explained that the effect will start after 10 mins. With that, the pains vanished and I wished I had gone for it initially. Around 5pm, they said 6cm gone. By then my family was already worried as I was initially alone the first day and my sis had to come in the evening of second day. When my dh called, I told him not to worry that everything is progressing well because I didn’t want my mil to be worried due to the distance. My brother and mom said I should request for CS since induction is not progressing fast plus baby already showed sign of distress twice. But when my sis talked to the nurse, she said CS is their last resort and doctors are on standby if need be so we should not worry that baby is okay. So we kept on watching the heart beat while I change positions at intervals with the help of the nurses. By then, they’ve removed the oxytocin as she explained that each time they increase the dose, baby showed sign of distress so they allowed me to progress on my own and the contractions were very irregular. At around 12am on 17th, I started having pains on my left side, when I told the nurse she said I should change my position to enable the epidural circulate well. But then I noticed each time I lied on my right the pain returned and the button for dose increase didn’t seem to be working. I called the nurse and she informed the anesthesiologist. But then decided to check my temperature and was shocked as it was 100.4 F. She called doctor’s attention and I was checked again and at 8cm. Doctor said I’ve got infection and antibiotics needed to be administered. I told them to go ahead and they did. I only realized after that I slept off for like an hour and when I woke, my temperature was already normal. Then at past 2am, the doctor came again and explained that if I’ve not progressed to have my baby right then, they have decided to switch to CS as delivery cannot be delayed anymore due to the infection as it may affect my baby. But when she checked, she told me 10cm and said she’ll get her team ready for delivery right away. She explained to me how to push when contractions come before she left to inform her team. My sis got me to practice it showing me what the nurse explained. I was just laughing the way she was acting it. Within 5mins the team entered and set me up on how to stay. I was then asked to push with the contractions, I tried 3 times with each contraction and rested in between. At the third contraction, my baby popped out at 2:47am with a light cry. They took him and cleaned him up, then got my sis to take a picture showing his weight as 6.9lbs. He was brought to me for skin to skin as the placenta was delivered. At 9am, I was transferred to postpartum section for recovery. With my bp still fluctuating during labour and even after delivery, the doctor wanted to keep me till 19th for more monitoring but my sis told her that I’ll be better at home as I’ll get help unlike in hospital baby could not sleep the previous night. So with that she approved for my discharge in the evening of 18th and advised I call in if there’s any issue with me or my baby.
Childbirth isn’t easy but when I look at my handsome prince, I tell myself he’s worth more than the suffering. I thank God for fulfilling His promise in my life as I pray He hears the cries of all ttc mothers and grant their heart desires.

Cc @ 4realwoman
congratulations once again dear, more of this blessing in your home.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:24am On Jun 27, 2020
Bomgirl:

If you are a FTM, your bump will take some time to pop. It's not the fault of your placenta. The kicks may come in around 20 weeks. If by 24 weeks you don't feel kicks, ask your gynae.
Am not a first time mom, i did everything came out fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:25am On Jun 27, 2020
Bomgirl:

If you are a FTM, your bump will take some time to pop. It's not the fault of your placenta. The kicks may come in around 20 weeks. If by 24 weeks you don't feel kicks, ask your gynae.
Am not a first time mom, i did scan everything came out fine

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:26am On Jun 27, 2020
berryBee:

I had anterior placenta during my first pregnancy and didn't feel my baby kick till 20th week.
Alright i will till den

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:27am On Jun 27, 2020
mayornmn:

Same here...The only person that can see my tiny bump is dh...Did you do a scan to know you have anterior placenta?
yes i did scan recently and d plancenta is anterior
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by faithlucky(f): 1:38am On Jun 27, 2020
miraclebaby:
BS

Cc @ 4realwoman
Congratulations God did it, ur prince shall be a blessing

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fertilady(f): 7:45am On Jun 27, 2020
tabithaola:

Good day mama, kindly help me with the book too. God bless you. popoolatabitha@gmail.com.
good day.mama, please I'd be needing the book too. ohaneleamarachi@gmail.com
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 27, 2020
bimberry1307:

My sister, we're in the same boat on this one. My second DD will be 4 by Dec but she behaves like 2yrs old. I'm told it's the pregnancy and that she'll behave more maturely when the baby comes. Tonight now, she insisted on playing with my breasts before she'll go to bed, yeah! It's that bad. Hmmm. It is well.
On the other hand, I eat like a horse now o and it's scaring me. I don't know what to do, I'm always hungry.

I wish I can eat eat and eat anything.... Don't really have an appetite. I pray the first 'borns' change after child birth o..... I can't deal walaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5713) (5714) (5715) (5716) (5717) (5718) (5719) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.