Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8126006 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5961) (5962) (5963) (5964) (5965) (5966) (5967) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 5:27am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Xmas Mamas and Papas. May this Season bring all the light, love and happiness we need into our lives and families.
Have a Wonderful Celebration .

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to all d waddling mamas and d vigilante crew.. May the birth of Christ bring blessings and happiness in our homes..Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2020
TEAM DECEMBER 2020

Congrats to mama kunmisola on d birth of her little one.... May God bless her always... Amen.

Teamies Come in and tell us how you are feeling/doing. We are expecting more BAs ooo. Mention me in your BAs so I will take record.
Mamas abeg drop ur BS to encourage other mamas.... We are not dulling oo
Pls teamies come and answer roll call so we will know u are doing great.

S/N NAMES ___________ EDD ___________ SEX

01. sunbestie ----------------- 23/25 Dec --------- Boy delivered 21st Dec
02. Zino89 --------------------- 26th Dec --------- Girl delivered 24th Nov
03. Katchycouture ----------- 26th Dec ------- Girl delivered 18th Nov BS seen

04. babsjummy ---------------- 4th Dec
05. ifeoluwatoyin2 ----------- 6th Dec -------- Twin boys delivered 18th Nov
06. tmac4eva ------------------ 19th Dec ----------- Boy delivered 8th Dec
07. kunmisola ------------------ 21st Dec ------------- Girl delivered 22nd Dec BS seen
08. lolaymary ------------------ 16th Dec ----------- Girl delivered 14th Dec BS seen
09. Rosemariefavour
10. charytea -------------------- 5th Dec -------------- Girl delivered 10th Dec
11. funkydoll -------------------1st Dec ------------- Boy delivered 26th Nov BS seen
12. Saheed69 ----------------- 31st Dec
13. mzbrown ----------------- 13th Dec -------------- XX
14. thowobee ---------------- 5th Dec ---------- Girl delivered 27th Nov BS seen
15. pseudome ----------------- 23rd Dec ------------- XY
16. Odycute -------------------- 31st Dec -------------- XX
17. tiwatopebam ----------- 10th Dec---------------- Boy delivered 6th Dec
18. snowbaby ----------------- 27th Dec -------------- Boy delivered 17th Dec
19. Olawusolayimika ------- 27th Dec ------------- XY
20. Ruthia ------------------------19th Dec -------------- Girl delivered 17th Dec
21. Deeedeee ----------------- 12th Dec --------------- Boy delivered 14th Dec BS seen
22. lqmotb ---------------------- 21st Dec ----------- Girl delivered 14th Dec BS seen
23. Cissebae ------------------ 26th Dec -------------- Boy delivered 21st Dec
24. Briells ----------------------- 26th Dec -------------- XX
25. sugarcoatted ------------- 2nd Dec ----------- Girl delivered 3rd Dec BS seen
26. Solphiequeen ----------- 11th Dec --------------- Boy delivered 16th Dec
27. justchi ----------------------- 24th Dec
28. sugah -------------------- 2nd Jan ------------ Girl delivered 16th Dec
29. 19CannyMum ------------ 2nd Jan ------------ Girl delivered 21st Dec
We pray for a smooth pregnancy journey and it must surely end in praise.
Other team December mamas that are peeping abeg come out and identify with ur team members ooo
#Teamsharpsharpdelivery
#Team Xmas babies for d wins kiss
#Team shakara mummies

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cissebae: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2020
kunmisola:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
It's the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sight. We welcome our princess this evening via v.d with plenty tears weighing 3.3kg.
DOB: 22/12/2020
EDD: 21/12/2020.
I pray that for all remaining december mamas that you will all give birth safely and all TTC mamas by this time next year, you will all carry your bundle of joy. Till 2022
@cappo sunbestie B.A submitted.
congratulations Teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
Sabi mamas, I want to pop! We are full term this week and I cannot take this pelvic pain any longer cry Apart from eating dates, walking and za oza room activities, please what else can I do to induce labour naturally?

Also, at my last appointment, the Gynae said he is considering CS for me because of my weight and slight bp issues. However, after a scan we saw that my baby weighed 2.7kg (36 weeks) and he said I should be able to have a vaginal birth. Though he made it clear that he would prefer for me to opt for CS because the stress of vaginal birth might be too much for someone with my weight and slightly high bp. While I am not totally against CS, I am a little worried about the recovery period when compared to vaginal birth. Any advice for me please?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemshade: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas and good afternoon, I always feel extremely tired atimes, my period is late for about 20 days now, can I take blood tonic? which of the pregnacare am I suppose to get, have not registered for ante natal yet, am just feeling very weak

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cherishyy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas mamas...
Booking space for 2021smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
cherishyy:
Merry Christmas mamas...
Booking space for 2021smiley

Welcome ma'am. The golden chair will be brought to you soon

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
purplish:
Sabi mamas, I want to pop! We are full term this week and I cannot take this pelvic pain any longer cry Apart from eating dates, walking and za oza room activities, please what else can I do to induce labour naturally?

Also, at my last appointment, the Gynae said he is considering CS for me because of my weight and slight bp issues. However, after a scan we saw that my baby weighed 2.7kg (36 weeks) and he said I should be able to have a vaginal birth. Though he made it clear that he would prefer for me to opt for CS because the stress of vaginal birth might be too much for someone with my weight and slightly high bp. While I am not totally against CS, I am a little worried about the recovery period when compared to vaginal birth. Any advice for me please?

The decision to do cs or try vaginal birth is solely yours. I was given two options, to go for induction or do cs. Everyone except me and hubby said i should try induction first. We decided not to and it was the best decision as my baby was very weak at birth. My baby was big, that was why the gynae gave the advice. You can only be advised, nobody can decide for you

As for the healing period, i guess it defers for different people. Yesterday made it 3weeks i had my cs and i dont feel anything at all. As at 2weeks, the pain was already gone completely.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2020
sugarcoatted:

The decision to do cs or try vaginal birth is solely yours. I was given two options, to go for induction or do cs. Everyone except me and hubby said i should try induction first. We decided not to and it was the best decision as my baby was very weak at birth. My baby was big, that was why the gynae gave the advice. You can only be advised, nobody can decide for you

As for the healing period, i guess it defers for different people. Yesterday made it 3weeks i had my cs and i dont feel anything at all. As at 2weeks, the pain was already gone completely.

Thanks for your response mama! Really appreciate it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
purplish:

Pele teamie.
Although I would have thought that with a higher weight will come a bigger pelvic area and easier vaginal delivery...pls follow doctors recommendations.
Ask as many questions as necessary to help ease your fears and concerns. I'm 9 days post CS and the only serious pains I had was from degenerating fibroids...the incision area is pain free (except when they clean it with spirit). But youd need help with care afterwards....someone to help you clean your incision site with spirit and do stuff around the house as you aren't supposed to lift anything heavier than your baby.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry christmas everyone

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Shemmyglo(f): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2020
shawrygal:

Good morning everyone, Great healer has done it again for me . I had two miscarriages this same year , and exactly a Month after I wrote this here , I tested positive again. I will go back to the Gynecologist because he said immediately I get my postive result, I should run down to the hospital. Pray for me that I will carry this one to full term.
I always log in to this site everyday to read people messages.
I never gave up . Thanks to all for your words of encouragement and prayers the last time .
I will share the good news with my Gynecologist Today.
The lord that did mine will answer all that are TTC in Jesus name. My first Christmas gift from God. Love you all

Wow, congratulations ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Briells: 7:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
sunbestie:
TEAM DECEMBER 2020

Congrats to mama kunmisola on d birth of her little one.... May God bless her always... Amen.

Teamies Come in and tell us how you are feeling/doing. We are expecting more BAs ooo. Mention me in your BAs so I will take record.
Mamas abeg drop ur BS to encourage other mamas.... We are not dulling oo

We pray for a smooth pregnancy journey and it must surely end in praise.
Other team December mamas that are peeping abeg come out and identify with ur team members ooo
#Teamsharpsharpdelivery
#Team Xmas babies for d wins kiss
#Team shakara mummies

Cappo I'm doing great o, no signs of labour yet o, they are talking of inducing me at the hospital cos the due date I was given based on my LMP has passed already. I'm just confused and trusting in God alone. Merry Christmas to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
sugah:

Pele teamie.
Although I would have thought that with a higher weight will come a bigger pelvic area and easier vaginal delivery...pls follow doctors recommendations.
Ask as many questions as necessary to help ease your fears and concerns. I'm 9 days post CS and the only serious pains I had was from degenerating fibroids...the incision area is pain free (except when they clean it with spirit). But youd need help with care afterwards....someone to help you clean your incision site with spirit and do stuff around the house as you aren't supposed to lift anything heavier than your baby.

Thanks my darling cappo! Hope you're doing great? So what he was saying was that with plus sized preggos, monitoring fetal heart beat and contractions during labour is harder and with the slight bp issues I have, they would need to monitor me as well as possible. I guess what makes the decision harder is that he is still saying I can opt for vaginal birth, as there are no strong indications that I can't go for that. As for after care, in between my husband and my mum, I should be fine if I opt for CS...just worried about having to spend time recovering as opposed to spending time with my baby and being active.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shadow88(f): 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Booking my space with faith

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shadow88(f): 7:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas mummies Booking my space with faith(Jan 2021)

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Odycute(f): 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ba Ba
God did it for me Oooo.
Christmas Baby isssa goal
Edd 31/12/2020
DOB 25/12/2020
VD with tear.
3.3kg

My princess came out within 2hours of reaching hospital.

Bs Wen my mum comes.

Cc Sunbestie.

Safe delivery to remaining Waddling mamas.

God will do it for you all.

50 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
please go to the hospital a pregnant woman is not advised to self medicate.

antenatal registration may be between 10-12 weeks however they would attend to you if there are any issues

kemshade:
Merry Christmas and good afternoon, I always feel extremely tired atimes, my period is late for about 20 days now, can I take blood tonic? which of the pregnacare am I suppose to get, have not registered for ante natal yet, am just feeling very weak
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
congratulations mama and welcome princess

Odycute:
Ba Ba
God did it for me Oooo.
Edd 31/12/2020
DOB 25/12/2020
VD with tear.
3.3kg

Bs Wen my mum comes.

Cc Sunbestie.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
Briells:

Cappo I'm doing great o, no signs of labour yet o, they are talking of inducing me at the hospital cos the due date I was given based on my LMP has passed already. I'm just confused and trusting in God alone. Merry Christmas to everyone.
There is nothing wrong with induction.. Go for it and hand everything to God to perfect the good works HE started in your life. Safe delivery

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2020
God would do it in no time stay calm and follow doctors advise

Briells:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
Odycute:
Ba Ba
God did it for me Oooo.
Edd 31/12/2020
DOB 25/12/2020
VD with tear.
3.3kg

Bs Wen my mum comes.

Cc Sunbestie.

Wow! Our Christmas baby is here ooo kiss kiss
Congrats teamie and welcome princess

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikkykay: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2020
Odycute:
Ba Ba
God did it for me Oooo.
Edd 31/12/2020
DOB 25/12/2020
VD with tear.
3.3kg

Bs Wen my mum comes.

Cc Sunbestie.

Yipee we have our Christmas baby. God bless your LO.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemshade: 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
thowobee:
please go to the hospital a pregnant woman is not advised to self medicate.

antenatal registration may be between 10-12 weeks however they would attend to you if there are any issues

thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by twoMcfemad: 9:54am On Dec 26, 2020
Odycute:
Ba Ba God did it for me Oooo. Christmas Baby isssa goal Edd 31/12/2020 DOB 25/12/2020 VD with tear. 3.3kg
Bs Wen my mum comes.
Cc Sunbestie.
Praise God! Congratulations!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zino89: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
Please my I'm one most post pathom my palms are still dry has anyone experienced this?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iqmotb: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2020
Pls o.
I gave birth 14th of dis month and since Wednesday my legs are swollen.
Wats d cause pls?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapheey007(f): 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2020
Hi mamas,
My baby is 5months 2weeks but his BCG injection site has a collection of pus.
It was initially hard like boil. I was given an ointment at his 3months checkup, since then it has soften but has pus inside. I've been waiting for it to burst on its own since. What do you suggest I do?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by futuremoma34: 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2020
hapheey007:

Hi mamas,
My baby is 5months 2weeks but his BCG injection site has a collection of pus.
It was initially hard like boil. I was given an ointment at his 3months checkup, since then it has soften but has pus inside. I've been waiting for it to burst on its own since. What do you suggest I do?

Continue to wait patiently..please don't disturb or temper with that place

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by futuremoma34: 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2020
Iqmotb:
Pls o.
I gave birth 14th of dis month and since Wednesday my legs are swollen.
Wats d cause pls?

Signs of HBP, to the hospital ASAP
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
purplish:

Thanks my darling cappo! Hope you're doing great? So what he was saying was that with plus sized preggos, monitoring fetal heart beat and contractions during labour is harder and with the slight bp issues I have, they would need to monitor me as well as possible. I guess what makes the decision harder is that he is still saying I can opt for vaginal birth, as there are no strong indications that I can't go for that. As for after care, in between my husband and my mum, I should be fine if I opt for CS...just worried about having to spend time recovering as opposed to spending time with my baby and being active.
Ok I get....
Unfortunately we don't have those transducers they put on the tummy to monitor fetal heart rate like they do abroad...this would have been a non issue.
I think you should ask the probability of the labour process leading to an emergency CS...from there you can make your decision.
Youd still spend time with your baby regardless. I started breastfeeding my baby immediately I was out of the theatre, only that they had to hand the baby to me cos I was lying on my back in the recovery room. And at the moment the only thing I'm not doing is bathing her cos my MIL is doing that.
But not to downplay it, CS is a major surgery and your body will feel it but if that's the solution to a healthy mother and child dont hesitate to opt for it.

*My only wahala with this CS is not having a shower for 2 weeks cry cry cry*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5961) (5962) (5963) (5964) (5965) (5966) (5967) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.