Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,506 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5976) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8153056 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 9:59am On Jan 07, 2021
Team May 2021

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by busybeei5(f): 10:03am On Jan 07, 2021
indian03:
I'm team may too. Maybe we should all start by stating our EDDs. Note I cant be a cappo because my pregnancy is always stressful (nausea, ulcer,Indigestion, heartburn, loss of appetite, spitting, weakness and so on till I give birth). But atleast we should have a list so someone can pick up the cappoship grin

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021
Busybeei5 07/05/2021
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 10:15am On Jan 07, 2021
agiboma:

I hope the pelvic pain improves but about your feet that are swollen, are your hands also swollen and how is your blood pressure?

Thanks mama. My hands are not visibly swollen...though I had to stop wearing my ring 2 months ago. Blood pressure is a little high but being closely monitored and I am on meds too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YummySuits(f): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2021
indian03:
Team May 2021

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021

Yummysuits 05/05/2021
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 11:04am On Jan 07, 2021
Krystalluv:
Good morning mamas, I had a miscarriage two days ago at 11 weeks+

Nobody ever says miscarriage pain is so painful, and then the evacuation, the worst pain I've ever had in my life.

Please I have some questions to ask:

1. Why can't doctors have a reason for a miscarriage?
2. How soon is healthy to start trying for another baby? (even though DH says we should hold on for a year to recover from the trauma of the miscarriage, but I can't wait that long)
3. What is the likelihood of another miscarriage after a miscarriage? (Cos I'm so scared, as it's not a good experience)

Please help a supposed FTM..

Mother-in-law has finished me with hot water oo

Its indeed a painful experience. God will give you and your DH the strength to bear the loss.

Doctors usually investigate why spontaneous miscarriages happen so it can be avoided in subsequent pregnancies but missed miscarriages are difficult to pin point.

You can start trying again as soon as you're ready mentally, psychologically, emotionally and physically. I took in 5 months after my evacuation. Be strong sister.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2021
Team May 2021

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021
5.Yummysuits 05/05/2021
6.Busybeei5 07/05/2021

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2021
damibaby:
4days after missed period...is this dark enough or I should get a blood test done..so worried cos I had ectopic November... and maybe scan till 6weeks
Your words of encouragement and prayers will go a long way... good morning beautiful people

Congratulations, H&H bumping

Confess positively.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damsel93(f): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2021
Team May 2021

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021
5.Yummysuits 05/05/2021
6.Busybeei5 07/05/2021
7. damsel93 25/05/2021

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2021
claseek:
congratulations mama kiss
thank you ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prugee: 12:14pm On Jan 07, 2021
Are you married, Happy, smart, intelligent, looking for other married people to talk and share ideas with on a WhatsApp group? This group gives you the freedom to unwind from every stress that comes with Marriage.

Please if you are not married, don't bother getting in touch with us because you won't be added to the group. Kindly chat us on WhatsApp on 08129087783.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by damibaby: 12:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
FloraEC:

Congratulations, H&H bumping

Confess positively.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GlamMrsO: 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2021
Temitope009:
FEBRUARY MOMAS

MONIKER. EDD. DOB

1. MummyHalo. _____ Feb 26
2. xeexee1. _____ Feb 13
3. Rekhi Feb _____14
4. temitope009. _____ Feb 28
5. MeynaTK _____ Feb 08
6. olufummy02 ______ Feb 09
7. asagal. _____ Feb 15
8. Adezeal1. _____ Feb 07
9. Brownishshuga. _____ Feb 08. Gave birth Jan 04
10. Phunmilola _____ Feb 01
11. Mumjb. _____ Feb 20
12. Glowing1 _____ Feb 8
13. suzy _________ Feb 4

I'm pleased and delighted to announce to you all the birth of Brownishshuga baby.
Congratulations teamie.

Congrats. May the baby be a joy to you and the entire universe.

Comman gist us what happened o.
How are you?
How's the baby?
We're wishing you both perfection in your health.
Do take care.

At all February mommas
Much love. I missed you guys.
But my hands are full. I might not come here as often.
Please pardon me.
If anyone is able to, please keep up with checking up on us too.

How market? I hope we're all done with shopping by now and ready to have our babies.
Wishing us all easy peasy deliveries with healthy mommas, babies and happy daddies kiss

Thanks cappo Temitope009, let me first register

GlamMrsO
EDD = 6th or 10th February

The last leg of shopping will be concluded this week o, thank you for checking on us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LOLOMMA(f): 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
team may here
LOLOMMA 15/5/2021
indian03:
I'm team may too. Maybe we should all start by stating our EDDs. Note I cant be a cappo because my pregnancy is always stressful (nausea, ulcer,Indigestion, heartburn, loss of appetite, spitting, weakness and so on till I give birth). But atleast we should have a list so someone can pick up the cappoship grin

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
LeProfessor:

The Lord is wonderful.

You should seriously consider writing short stories, I almost went to get popcorn the narration takes one deep in the middle of the plot. I could even see the color of the operating theatre in my mind. Congratulations again
Thank you sir.

I'd consider your suggestion smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
LeProfessor:
In all things, we give the lord thanks.

On advice from our Gyne, we had a cerclage done, after the surgery DW started noticing headaches when she moves her neck, we were advised to take paracetamol but the pain became unbearable after we got home, we had to go back to the hospital and she was admitted, her nausea and vomiting didn't help the situation. Doctors said it's a Spinal headache, from her moving her neck too soon after the surgery, so it caused a CSF leak, but after my own research the moving neck too soon theory is an old teaching, I don't know how common this is and what causes it but everyone agrees it generally subsides after 48 hours, still not sure what to do while waiting for the 48hrs.

#DiaryOfAPregnantHusband
For the spinal headache, caffeine helps. So either a cup of coffee or a chilled bottle of coke will help.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aremu01(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
Krystalluv:

Nobody ever says miscarriage pain is so painful, and then the evacuation, the worst pain I've ever had in my life.

2. How soon is healthy to start trying for another baby? (even though DH says we should hold on for a year to recover from the trauma of the miscarriage, but I can't wait that long)
3. What is the likelihood of another miscarriage after a miscarriage? (Cos I'm so scared, as it's not a good experience)

Hi
First of all my sympathy. I have been there. As a first time hubby too.. We lost our first preggy but we knew the reason. Wifey went to throw something away and the swinging of the hand caused it.

There is no definite answer for how soon to start trying. Some get preggy again the next month, some wait for three months, it is factor of the woman's body as she needs time to heal abs rebalance. Ours took 6 months. Start the ministry of at the other room as soon as you are ready. Preggy will come.

Finally... Well doc prescribed a drug for my wife immediately the second pregnancy came. Cost 15k or so and she took it for three months. I can't remember the name. When she comes back... I'd ask. According to doc, the drug helps prevent miscarriage .

But above all, reduce wahala during the first three months and if possible have bed rest. Your baby is still like an egg then, so very fragile. Avoid traveling too. We learned this the hard way.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 3:31pm On Jan 07, 2021
dunpredictable:

Its indeed a painful experience. God will give you and your DH the strength to bear the loss.

Doctors usually investigate why spontaneous miscarriages happen so it can be avoided in subsequent pregnancies but missed miscarriages are difficult to pin point.

You can start trying again as soon as you're ready mentally, psychologically, emotionally and physically. I took in 5 months after my evacuation. Be strong sister.

Thanks a lot sis. I really appreciate your response. Someone said she took in the same month. I believe body differs.. thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
Aremu01:

Hi
First of all my sympathy. I have been there. As a first time hubby too.. We lost our first preggy but we knew the reason. Wifey went to throw something away and the swinging of the hand caused it.

There is no definite answer for how soon to start trying. Some get preggy again the next month, some wait for three months, it is factor of the woman's body as she needs time to heal abs rebalance. Ours took 6 months. Start the ministry of at the other room as soon as you are ready. Preggy will come.

Finally... Well doc prescribed a drug for my wife immediately the second pregnancy came. Cost 15k or so and she took it for three months. I can't remember the name. When she comes back... I'd ask. According to doc, the drug helps prevent miscarriage .

But above all, reduce wahala during the first three months and if possible have bed rest. Your baby is still like an egg then, so very fragile. Avoid traveling too. We learned this the hard way.

Thanks a lot sir. Many people said it's stress. I know I stressed myself a lil during the festive season bcs hubby and I went to celebrate new year with his family, and being the only woman in the house with MIL I did virtually all the kitchen things. I can't really say I regret going there sha as I was the one who forced hubby to go celebrate with his family.

But I've learnt my lessons in a hard way, I promise myself not to do pass myself next time.
thanks again.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Josphine4good(f): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
indian03:
Team May 2021

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021

Please my beautiful team mates add me, this is my third missionary work grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy, 27/05/2021

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mydreams25: 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2021
agiboma:
Calling all May 2021 Mommy's. Roll Call

Im actually due first week of June but will have and elective Csection 2nd week of May. So here we go:

Agi due 5/14 Team Blue
Thanks for accepting the work.
I can see my fellow teamie indian03 has started gathering names of our team mates, you can get the list from her post too.

Team may edd 25/5/2021
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2021
Aremu01:

Hi

sorry for the loss. God will do another very soon. I had a similar situation in October 2020. I did evacuation at 12 weeks and decided to see a gynecologist , I was placed on some drugs which I took for 1 Month. I conceived immediately after my first menses after evacuation. Am now 6 weeks pregnant but went for scan and was told there is threat. So I was placed on bed rest and progesterone injection twice weekly for 12 weeks. I took the first yesterday. I pray God answers your prayers soon. Start meeting with your hubby as soon as your are healed. Please you all should pray for me . I want to carry this one to full term

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
purplish:

Thanks mama. My hands are not visibly swollen...though I had to stop wearing my ring 2 months ago. Blood pressure is a little high but being closely monitored and I am on meds too.

Dear, let them monitor it well o. And adhere to whatever your doctor says. My hands were swollen and I didn't count it as anything. My feet too. Never knew I was balling with preeclampsia. I don't wish it for anybody.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nifeseun(f): 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
nifeseun:
Helloo mothers
Happy new year mothers, may this year brings us nothing but Joy.
Good afternoon mothers...
Congratulations to all new mothers and safe delivery to Preggy mama, do slay with your beautiful bumps..

please check my thread for your very affordable neatly used uk baby things, ranging from car seats, wooden baby cot, graco cot, swings, high chairs, bouncers and all,
www.nairaland.com/5620603/barely-neatly-used-uk
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anistef: 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
Krystalluv:

ooh so sorry God will visit you soon. �
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thowobee: 5:58pm On Jan 07, 2021
so sorry about your loss God would replenish and your joy would be full.
I experienced same miscarriage last year and it is exactly painful and the evacuation is also even painful more than my two labour.
The doctors always don't always have a reason for miscarriage most times they say.maybe the baby is not meant to be or the baby probably would have defects
2. I don't think there is an actual time frame for trying again some doctors say wait since months but in my own case I don't even know whether I waited it just happened again. I had a miscarriage second week in January and my LMP was March.
3. hmnnnn I think you should put out fear and every negative thoughts.
after another positive pregnancy again check in with your doctors immediately.
after the pregnancy in April I started spotting around May but I was given drugs and advised complete bed rest at home, hence my husband was doing all the house chores and taking care of DD.

Krystalluv:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
thowobee:
so sorry about your loss God would replenish and your joy would be full.
I experienced same miscarriage last year and it is exactly painful and the evacuation is also even painful more than my two labour.
The doctors always don't always have a reason for miscarriage most times they say.maybe the baby is not meant to be or the baby probably would have defects
2. I don't think there is an actual time frame for trying again some doctors say wait since months but in my own case I don't even know whether I waited it just happened again. I had a miscarriage second week in January and my LMP was March.
3. hmnnnn I think you should put out fear and every negative thoughts.
after another positive pregnancy again check in with your doctors immediately.
after the pregnancy in April I started spotting around May but I was given drugs and advised complete bed rest at home, hence my husband was doing all the house chores and taking care of DD.

Thanks a lot ma. This is a big encouragement from you. I really appreciate. I hope my husband sees reasons to try again soon bcs he hasn't come over the thought and sight of the miscarriage.
I will be more careful next time. Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
Anistef:

ooh so sorry God will visit you soon. �
Amen. Thanks ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2021
threegees:
[/b]

Dear, let them monitor it well o. And adhere to whatever your doctor says. My hands were swollen and u didn't count it as anything. My feet too. Never knew I was balling with preeclampsia. I don't wish it for anybody.

There's no protein in my urine, so I think they ruled preeclampsia out. I even had to do a kidney function test but everything came back normal.
Thanks a lot mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 6:28pm On Jan 07, 2021
shawrygal:
sorry for the loss. God will do another very soon. I had a similar situation in October 2020. I did evacuation at 12 weeks and decided to see a gynecologist , I was placed on some drugs which I took for 1 Month. I conceived immediately after my first menses after evacuation. Am now 6 weeks pregnant but went for scan and was told there is threat. So I was placed on bed rest and progesterone injection twice weekly for 12 weeks. I took the first yesterday. I pray God answers your prayers soon. Start meeting with your hubby as soon as your are healed. Please you all should pray for me . I want to carry this one to full term

Sending you positive vibes. You will carry this one to term by the power and grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
purplish:

Sending you positive vibes. You will carry this one to term by the power and grace of God.
Amen .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meyshia: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
busybeei5:

Busybeei5 07/05/2021

Feels good to be here.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meyshia: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2021
indian03:

1. Indian03 05/05/2021
2. harbeams 30/05/2021
3. MomoAdura 11/05/2021
4. Agigboma 14/05/2021

Good evening everyone,

I am a May 2021 mom, signing in.

I've enjoyed reading through the thread and finally I'm able to report myself for May 2021.

Feels good to be here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) (5978) (5979) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.