Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8125874 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5985) (5986) (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) (5991) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
comtem2011:
Madam, happy new year. How are the kids?

Same to you dear

They're fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2021
threegees:
Wow... Good day, beautiful moms (and dads) grin
Been a long time here sha
Thank God for all the additions and blessings here.
Team October 2020, how is the journey so far?
*wink* *wink*

Please help me here.

Congratulations and happy 3m to baby G

I started using my boy from 14wks and he's 6mnths +6dy now and no reaction.
Is been sold for 1500

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babygal2020(f): 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello mummies, it's Mummy's boyfriend in the building.
How are you all doing mummies?

I'm now 5 months old(Team August 2020)

I am very active. I disturb my mummy a lot. She cries at times. I'm so sorry mummy.

Safe delivery to all the pregnant mummies and baby dust to the TTC mummies.

Team August 2020 mummies, how are you all doing?

@bimberry1307 @ayaoye
@goldendollars @royalempire @bisade44 @coveredchic @slayinjo @glolite @koyabridge
@spicy128 @ambient @sallywho

37 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 5:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
Babygal2020:

I am very active. I disturb my mummy a lot. She cries at times. I'm so sorry mummy.

Safe delivery to all the pregnant mummies and baby dust to the TTC mummies.

Team August 2020 mummies, how are you all doing?

@bimberry1307 @ayaoye
@goldendollars @royalempire @bisade44 @coveredchic @slayinjo @glolite @koyabridge
@spicy128 @ambient @sallywho

Reo see August pikin sitting very well whereas my july boy refuse to sit,he prefers being carried whenever I keep him to sit he will make sure he slides down and relax.

Welcome my fine boy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babygal2020(f): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
ambient:

Reo see August pikin sitting very well whereas my july boy refuse to sit,he prefers being carried whenever I keep him to sit he will make sure he slides down and relax.

Welcome my fine boy

That was how he was doing before o. Pls be patient with him.
Kisses to him.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by RoyalEmpire: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Babygal2020:

Awwn...so adorable. You shall continue to be a source of joy to your family.
Weldone mummy, we shall all reap the fruit of our Labour on them in Jesus Name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkay2016: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2021
africaflozy:
Welcome, mama Chintes.
Once we check gender let's drop it for update.
Team_NoDulling Team_Favour S/N _Monicker___EDD___Gender 1. africaflozy __ 05/04__Team Blue 2. Ovalrose __ 10/04__unknown 3. Jhules __ 16/04__ unknown 4. dunpredictable __31/04__Team Blue 5. Teetopic __18/04__unknown 6. beegail __05/04__unknown 7. Parkiz __07/04__unknown 8. Zehner __24/4__unknown 9. Joydan98 __14/4__unknown 10. tyreal __12/04__Team Blue 11. enkay2016 __28/04__unknown 12. Phlota __29/04__Team Blue 13. Adetounvicky __04/04__Team Blue 14. Chintes __23/04__unknown
Happy Sunday Mamas!
gender is pink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkay2016: 7:58am On Jan 22, 2021
africaflozy:
Welcome, mama Chintes.
Once we check gender let's drop it for update.
Team_NoDulling Team_Favour S/N _Monicker___EDD___Gender 1. africaflozy __ 05/04__Team Blue 2. Ovalrose __ 10/04__unknown 3. Jhules __ 16/04__ unknown 4. dunpredictable __31/04__Team Blue 5. Teetopic __18/04__unknown 6. beegail __05/04__unknown 7. Parkiz __07/04__unknown 8. Zehner __24/4__unknown 9. Joydan98 __14/4__unknown 10. tyreal __12/04__Team Blue 11. enkay2016 __28/04__unknown 12. Phlota __29/04__Team Blue 13. Adetounvicky __04/04__Team Blue 14. Chintes __23/04__unknown
Happy Sunday Mamas!
gender is pink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by theworldbest(f): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Any pregnant mom here trying to register with lagoon hospital should please have a rethink o....that hospital is just functioning on past glory.
I registered with lagoon hospital (adeniyi Jones branch) since my pregnancy hit 16weeks up till now the test results are not out and I am 26weeks gone already.my fear and question is what if there's an underlying ailment one needs to treat asap These people are just toying with my life.
Getting a test done that faithful day was like trying to get my Visa done.....I waited over two hours before a lab scientist came to collect blood samples.
Getting a scan done nko The guy was acting like the hospital hasn't paid his salary for months, he was so reluctant to work n not to forget I spent another hours there before he attended to me.
*No routine drugs was given.
*They are so disorganized and slow.
*For over a month one of the nurses collected my number to enable her add me to the whatsapp group but I haven't seen anything from them.
*At 26weeks I haven't taken my first dose of anti malaria.
*I opt in for elective CS and at 26weeks we haven't settled/choosing a date.
My aim of sharing this with us is not to condemn lagoon hospital but to open our eyes n share with us my personal experience with the hospital and also to tell all preggy Mama's to always make serious research about any hospital they intend registering with.

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Please find another hospital
theworldbest:
Any pregnant mom here trying to register with lagoon hospital should please have a rethink o....that hospital is just functioning on past glory.
I registered with lagoon hospital (adeniyi Jones branch) since my pregnancy hit 16weeks up till now the test results are not out and I am 26weeks gone already.my fear and question is what if there's an underlying ailment one needs to treat asap These people are just toying with my life.
Getting a test done that faithful day was like trying to get my Visa done.....I waited over two hours before a lab scientist came to collect blood samples.
Getting a scan done nko The guy was acting like the hospital hasn't paid his salary for months, he was so reluctant to work n not to forget I spent another hours there before he attended to me.
*For over a month one of the nurses collected my number to enable her add me to the whatsapp group but I haven't seen anything from them.
My aim of sharing this with us is not to condemn lagoon hospital but to open our eyes n share with us my personal experience with the hospital and also to tell all preggy Mama's to always make serious research about any hospital they intend registering with.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
theworldbest:
Thank you for this.

Lagoon Adeniyi Jones was the No 3 hospital on my BS.
Until I left at 35weeks I didn't get added to that WhatsApp group which was supposed to be a replacement for antenatal classes...they're not doing classes anymore due covid so if you're a FTM you dont get lectures.

My experience wasn't as terrible as yours but I do think there's something going on with them.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirl4(f): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
March mamas, how una dey? 33wks this week and counting down, cant wait to meet LO. Biko cappo, we no get roll call? Ginger no dey for march at all ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by DNA07: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
No ginger at all.
March cappo, please you can do better smiley
Tgirl4:
March mamas, how una dey? 33wks this week and counting down, cant wait to meet LO. Biko cappo, we no get roll call? Ginger no dey for march at all ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tgirl4:
Na so we see am o big Belle no make our cappo see front o. It is well o. Hope we have started baby shopping o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Juwon01(f): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinudesi:

Na so we see am o big Belle no make our cappo see front o. It is well o. Hope we have started baby shopping o

March mommas, we dey push belle o. I’ve started baby shopping o, but then I still have about 40% to complete shopping. May God make it easy for us.
Plus am i the only one that has been suffering from vagina pressure? To turn on bed sef na war�
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirl4(f): 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Oya cappo, we love you with your big belle like that make roll call start.
Tinudesi:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tgirl4:
Oya cappo, we love you with your big belle like that make roll call start.
Am not the cappo o just speaking on her behalf o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Juwon01:

March mommas, we dey push belle o. I’ve started baby shopping o, but then I still have about 40% to complete shopping. May God make it easy for us.
Plus am i the only one that has been suffering from vagina pressure? To turn on bed sef na war�
Am a ftm o but have heard of this vagina pressure before it's normal Sha not experiencing it anyway am still enjoying honeymoon phase o. Only shortness of breath am facing o. We are almost there.Hang in mama the Lord is our strength

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinudesi:

Am a ftm o but have heard of this vagina pressure before it's normal Sha not experiencing it anyway am still enjoying honeymoon phase o. Only shortness of breath am facing o. We are almost there.Hang in mama the Lord is our strength

Congratulations....you see that pelvic pain ehn, embarassed my own dey hook me very early in the morning
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
enkay2016:
gender is pink

Modified...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by purplish(f): 3:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
BS!

Hubby and I got married in December 2019 and a few days after the wedding he went back to the North to continue his professional course, leaving me in Lagos. Fast forward to March 2020, COVID struck and he came back home. The kpekusing ministry immediately moved to the permanent site! We were just living together as a couple for the first time, so we were giving each other back to back all through lock down in March/April. While we were not very keen on having kids immediately because of our "long distance marriage", we were not preventing it either and so I was starting to get worried when my period came in April but hubby encouraged me to brush it aside and just focus on enjoying ourselves. In May, I was expecting my period when I started having intense pain around my boobs as well as lower abdominal cramps. I immediately took a urine test and got my BFP! We were really excited and went to the hospital for a scan, just to confirm everything was fine because the abdominal pains became intense.

First trimester was HELLish cry I was vomiting everything I ate, lost my sense of taste, and was very miserable. At some point, I was admitted in the hospital for the first time in my life and I was just TIRED of the whole package. My only comfort was having hubby around because of school closure. He was so supportive throughout, doing all the chores and loving me all through the different packages. Worse still, second trimester was not honeymoon at all for me. I started having pelvic pains, continued vomitting and my appetite was so poor. My BP also started rising. I was diagnosed with pregnancy-induced hypertension and placed on Methyldopa. Through it all, I was working very actively and because my bump was not showing even up till 24 weeks (#TeamPlusSized) I never got any preferential treatment at work or in public and it was such a struggle. Third trimester was a bit better as the vomitting stopped and my appetite improved. However, around 30 weeks my BP started rising even more and my feet trippled in size. My meds were increased and I was closely monitored. I was even asked to run a kidney function test which thankfully came back normal. The pelvic pain also increased and even walking became a struggle. I had to take my leave early at about 34 weeks, just to rest more and have more time to myself.

At 36 weeks, my Gynae expressed worry about a vaginal delivery because of my rising BP and weight. He was of the opinion that an elective CS would be a less stressful option for me. However, after doing a scan and seeing that my baby weighed only 2.7kg, he was more open to me having a vaginal delivery. Me and hubby were open to either option but I was worried about the recovery time after an elective CS as I wanted to be back on my feet as soon as possible after delivery because of some remote consultancy work I had planned (Sorry...I have to keep securing the bag grin). In the final weeks of my pregnancy, pelvic pain got so bad that I was in tears half the time and could not just wait to offload even though my formal EDD was 17th January. I started eating dates, walking as much as I could and speaking fervently to my baby to come...yet, no show cry Just false contractions that kept coming and going like generator that refused to come on embarassed

At my last antenatal visit on Tuesday, 12th January, my BP was high and my Gynae said since I was already past 39 weeks, we were not gaining anything by leaving the baby in there for labour to start naturally and instead we were looking for trouble. He then asked me to come to the hospital by 5pm the next day (Wednesday, 13th January) so we could begin induction. I started shaking from within because I have heard from experienced mamas here about how painful induction is. Fortunately, my mum came to stay with us for a few days and when I returned home from antenatal I explained that I was going to be induced the next day. She insisted that we buy Castor Oil and Oranges for me to purge my system that night. I was a bit skeptical but she said that's what she did before having me and my brothers to ensure that she was not pooing all over the delivery room grin That Tuesday night, we went to a bar close to my house to have grilled cat fish and some drinks wink (I now call it my last supper grin) and then when we got home at about 11pm, my mum heated up a small bottle of Castor Oil mixed with the juice squeezed out of 2 oranges for me to drink. Almost immediately, I began to purge and kept purging through the night...I barely slept. At about 3:30am after pooing, I noticed a different type of stronger contractions I had never felt before (felt like intense menstrual pain) and I began to time it. I also threw up my last supper. By 4:30am, the contractions were already 10-12 minutes apart and I also observed the much talked about bloody show when I wiped myself...this was when I woke hubby up. I immediately had my bath and packed up my things. I called my Gynae by 5:30am (by that time, the contractions were already about 5-6 minutes apart) and after explaining the situation, he asked me to come to the hospital.

I got to the hospital by about 6:45am and I was seen by a random doctor on duty as my Gynae had not yet come in. He asked my husband to excuse us and called in a female nurse. He then inserted his fingers to check how dilated I was and I SCREAMED in pain angry He said I was "comfortably 4cm dilated" and sent me up to the labour room. When the midwife on duty came to also do her own check when I got upstairs, I was almost cursing her grin Thankfully, hers was less painful and she said that I was about 6cm dilated already...this was sometime around 8:00am. By that time, the contractions had revved up! I even threw up again. I was writhing in pain and turning in all directions on the bed. At about that time, a woman I met in the labour room was taken to the theatre for CS and in less than 20 minutes my Gynae had brought out her beautiful twin babies. This was the only moment I regretted not opting for an elective CS cry My Gynae also came in around 9:00am and confirmed that I was 6cm dilated and foetal heart beat was perfect. He then broke my water to speed up the process and also asked the midwife to give me some oxytocin and carry on with the delivery. I then moved to the private delivery room as I wanted hubby to be present. At this time, the contractions were maddening and I was shouting out to Jesus to help me. It got so much worse after the injection. I grabbed on to the window, bed, my dress...anything grabbable. Till today, I don't have words to describe what I was feeling. At that time, hubby had not yet joined me in the private delivery room and I called him to ask where he was. The way I sternly told him to come there ehn, even I could not believe the tone I used came from me grin

By 11:30am, I started feeling the urge to push...just like mamas have described here, it felt like I wanted to poo urgently. The midwife checked me and confirmed that I could start pushing. At my first try, she said I was doing nothing...LOL. She asked me to look at my abdomen and try to direct my push towards it anytime I felt a contraction. I tried a few more times, amidst screams. Hubby later said I was shouting "I am strong", "I can do this", "Jesus help me". Despite the pushing for about 20 minutes, my baby was not coming and I noticed the worry on the midwife's face. That was when she said I was tearing already and bleeding with each push. She called in another midwife and they spoke for a bit, then called my Gynae to join them. Through it all, hubby held my hand and was so calm! He did not utter a word and kept communicating all he needed to say with eye contact...I fell in love with him all over again.

My Gynae came in almost immediately and checked that the foetal heart beat was okay. He then said the bleeding was because I was quite tight, even though the baby was not big but he would need to do an episiotomy (give me a cut around my vagina to make more space for baby to come out). He also encouraged me to stop shouting whenever I felt the urge to push but to close my mouth and direct the energy towards my abdomen. After 2/3 pushes following his instructions, my perfect baby girl flew out at once by 12:30pm! I saw him literally catch her grin and I felt a special kind of relief. Placenta also came out almost immediately after. I observed that my baby did not cry and asked what was wrong. My Gynae said she was perfectly fine and kept tapping her to make her cry for my benefit, but she would open her eyes look at them and shut it back. She later gave a very small shakara cry and I was at peace. She weighed 3.2kg. While she was being taken care of by the midwives, I was taken to another room to be stitched up as I was badly torn. The stitching experience is very hazy in my memory because I was given a lot of meds, but hubby said I had to be stitched for up to 2 hours and I screamed throughout. My legs also had to be held open by multiple people and I got the title of "one patient like 100 grin".

When I woke up, it was sometime around 4pm and I was bathed and taken to my ward. I was FULLY LACTATING already which got the nurses really excited and my baby was brought to be fed. Looking at her almost made me forget how arduous the entire journey was...

Many many thanks to all the sabi mamas here who responded to my many questions, my awesome January teamies for their positive vibes and my ever-supportive cappo @Sugah. I couldn't have made it through without all of your support and positive energy. To everyone who is expecting the gift of motherhood, I join my faith with yours and say it would come forth this year!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
africaflozy:

Congratulations....you see that pelvic pain ehn, embarassed my own dey hook me very early in the morning
Ndo potential Porter we are almost there
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preenxess(f): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Good evening mamas in the house.
Please what could be responsible for blood shortage during pregnancy?
My blood level is currently 24 at 6months plus.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Preenxess:
I don't think u should be asking what's responsible o just start boosting the blood level ugu and milk there is another leaf too I can't remember the name. Other mamas will give u ideas sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinudesi:

Ndo potential Porter we are almost there

Amen o. That's my number 1 prayer point now...if I start ranting now I will be like an ingrate...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pateffy: 4:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Juwon01:

Sorry ma'am , I know the feeling.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preenxess(f): 5:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tinudesi:

I don't think u should be asking what's responsible o just start boosting the blood level ugu and milk there is another leaf too I can't remember the name. Other mamas will give u ideas sha

Thanks I will start taking this
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
africaflozy:

Amen o. That's my number 1 prayer point now...if I start ranting now I will be like an ingrate...
We just keep appreciating God o for the opportunity something happened to me like 3 days ago lo refuse to kick o for a whole day I was so scared but I didn't have much on me I would have gone for scan since lo resume kick since yesterday now have not been complaining again o before I complain if the kick is painful but now I count it all joy. Can't wait to meet this little soldier

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2021
Where you Dey when I did roll call
Tgirl4:
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
I just think about it March was so far away last year now it’s getting close I’m so scared cool
Juwon01:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alennsar(f): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
Preenxess:
You can boost it with this leaf "hospital too far". YORUBA call it "iyana ipaja" it is very effective

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by redsocks(f): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Third time announcing for Team March o...Or should I kukuma join Team February. Cos as it is doing me now ehn, i don't mind. March 16th. Not eager to check sex yet and may not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5985) (5986) (5987) (5988) (5989) (5990) (5991) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.