Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8145821 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6180) (6181) (6182) (6183) (6184) (6185) (6186) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
Please help I saw these thing on my babies chest and groin area what could it be

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
BS! BS!! BS!!!

I got married in May, 2020. As a JJC, I felt pregnancy would come immediately. But, after three months of seeing my period, I became worried. My mom would always tell me to calm down that we just got married. But, I would tell her that this is how it starts. From three months of waiting, it would turn to three years. I refused to be calm. I kept researching on how to get pregnant and taking folic acid.

But God wanted me to turn to Him and depend on Him completely. He directed me to Genesis 1:28. I have read that place many times before. But on that fateful day, I saw a deeper meaning in it.
I realized that God has commanded all His creations to reproduce and multiply. This includes the trees, animals and humans. Everything!! All of creation is under His command. That's why animals get pregnant without prayer and fasting. That's why mango trees produce fruits without issues. It is supposed to be the same thing for us. We are not supposed to struggle to reproduce. The struggle is usually from the devil.

When I realized this, I picked up a jotter and wrote out all the Bible verses that talk about reproduction. Then, I started confessing them day and night. I confessed that God has commanded me to reproduce. So, I must reproduce because God has spoken! I confessed that I would be confirmed pregnant that month (September), and it was so. God has shown me that anyone who trusts in Him will not be put to shame. He has shown me that His word is final. He has shown me that with faith we can move mountains. May His name alone be praised.

For every GTC mother out there, please, be rest assured that God has commanded you to be fruitful. God is not the one delaying your baby. You have to stand and fight spiritually with the word of God. Write out your confessions and say them daily. His word will surely come to pass in your life.

FIRST TRIMESTER

Omo! I had all the symptoms in the textbook cheesy. I vomited every morning, every time I tried to brush my teeth. To the extent that I started having phobia for brushing. Then, excess saliva kicked in. Followed by pimples, acnes and black spots. My face was covered with pimples angry. As if that was not enough, I had extreme tiredness at 9 weeks. I remember lying down on the bed with my shoes after work. I couldn't move. It was my husband that removed my shoes later that night. My favorite foods became my enemies. I couldn't eat my beloved rice and stew. I couldn't eat meat or fish. I relied on boiled eggs for protein. I couldn't even stand the sight of stew. I couldn't eat my own food. I must go out and buy food. In short, I wasn't myself in first trimester. But, I was grateful to God to be carrying a life inside of me. It was a heart of gratitude that kept me going.

SECOND TRIMESTER

They say second trimester is the honeymoon stage of pregnancy, but it was not so for me. I was STILL vomiting nonstop. Then I started having pelvic pain and UTI. The one I can't forget was the crazy catarrh that attacked me. It was the worst catarrh of my life. My nostrils were so blocked that I was breathing through my mouth.
Then, the devil struck. Around mid pregnancy week, I noticed a sharp pain in my lower stomach. I googled it and they said it's pelvic pain. So, I removed my mind from it. But the pain got worse. I could barely walk, lie down or even stand for long. My instincts told me that something was gravely wrong. I took myself to the hospital and the doctor diagnosed appendicitis. Ah!! With pregnancy? What's the solution? They scheduled an emergency surgery because of the severity of pain. Me? Surgery? It was like a dream to me cos I have never been admitted in a hospital before, not to talk of undergoing a surgery. I was worried if my baby would make it. I called my family members and everyone stood up in prayers. God was merciful to us. The surgery was successful and the baby intact. I returned home to heal and continued with my pregnancy. Somewhere in my heart, I was worried for my baby because of the amount of IV fluids, antibiotics and anaesthesia that I received during the surgery. But, I fixed my gaze on God and kept saying my confessions.

THIRD TRIMESTER

This was the best time of my pregnancy. I was happier, stronger and more beautiful. All the pimples on my face cleared up. I had more energy, I cooked like no tomorrow, and sex was sweeter grin. The only issue I had were tiredness and pelvic pain. My love for my favorite foods came back to me. I could eat anything I wanted. Life was fun.

DELIVERY/CHILD BIRTH

On the day I clocked 39th week, I stood up to ease myself at night (after doing some squats) and discovered that I was leaking fluid. The water came in droplets at first and later, it started gushing. But, there was no contraction. I was completely fine. No pains.
I called hubby and he hurriedly drove us to the hospital that night. They admitted me and started administering misoprostol. Still, the contractions were not coming strongly. I was still 2cm dilated. The following day, the doctor switched to Oxytocin. Then the contractions kicked in. I dilated slowly all day. Doctor said it's normal cos it's my first pregnancy. By evening, I was 8cm dilated. The pains were almost unbearable. I think I died and resurrected cheesy. At this point, the doctor told me to push whenever I had contractions. I think I pushed several times (I wasn't counting) and my baby dropped on the bed with a small cry. I looked at her and she was complete. I started crying immediately. Me that I didn't cry during the contractions o cheesy. I started crying when I saw my baby grin. I was so glad that she wasn't deformed cos of the surgery I had. Then the doctor told me that I had no vaginal tears. I was shocked and grateful to God at the same time.
Few minutes later, I was able to bathe myself and eat my food.

Thank God that the hospital personnels knew their job. I could have lost the baby because I leaked out all the amniotic fluid inside my womb. But they were able to monitor the fetal heartbeat and hasten the labour appropriately.
I would advise every pregnant woman to register in a good hospital and be close to her doctor. Don't assume anything. Always follow your instincts. If I had overlooked that stomach pain, I would have ended up with a ruptured appendix and a miscarriage. If I had stayed at home after my water broke, I may have lost the baby. So, always seek professional advice. Don't assume anything.

I return all the glory to God Almighty. It was a great time on this thread. May God bless the founder of this thread. I have learnt a lot from here. I have mixed feelings leaving this group grin. But, I would be back next year by God's grace for my blue jet wink Safe delivery to all my June teamies and other preggy mamas. And baby dust to GTC moms.

Cc: Chocome
BS submitted.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2021
Awww. Congrats again mama. What an experience. All thanks to God cos it can only be Him
Goldie50:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

I return all the glory to God Almighty. It was a great time on this thread. May God bless the founder of this thread. I have learnt a lot from here. I have mixed feelings leaving this group grin. But, I would be back next year by God's grace for my blue jet wink Safe delivery to all my June teamies and other preggy mamas. And baby dust to GTC moms.

BS submitted.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Congratulations Goldie50

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
I have tried to submit my BS several times but anti-spam bot keeps banning me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 9:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
Congratulations Goldie50. God bless your princess.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good evening mamas!
Pls, is it safe to use cough syrup with paracetamol to subside cough? (@30wks)
Its so weakening, chest pains, tommy pains. sad
Next antenatal day is next week, trying not to visit before then.
Thanks!

Congratulations Goldie50.
Welcome princess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by curiousdh: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good evening to the expecting Mamas and Papas here.
I just hope somebody can guide us through this base on experience.

It happens that wifey is 37weeks gone and the last scan we had 2 weeks ago says the baby was 2.2kg as at then. We got to the lab for another scan today and sonographer says 4k+( he have to caution us that the baby is bigger than the average already).
Now the issue is 14 July is the EDD, is there anything wife can be doing to reduce the weight before then?
I don't want the Doctor advising CS because of baby 's weight plus I have read of tears being one of the result of big baby too.
Even though I have been trying to not let her eat swallow in the night and taking Milo/milk, but she will rather eat that than any other light food mostly because she do come back late from work and all.
I just have to let her but I am seriously concerned about the weight.
We still have 3 weeks to go, what if baby continue weighing more.
This is our first and seriously apart from the normal small small serere...it has been so wonderful with no much stress.....I need guidance on the way out of this pls.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alennsar(f): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Masha Allah. Barakumullah. So happy for you dear. May he be the coolness of your eyes.
Aameen. Jazakhallahu khaeran

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 11:35pm On Jun 23, 2021
curiousdh:

It happens that wifey is 37weeks gone and the last scan we had 2 weeks ago says the baby was 2.2kg as at then. We got to the lab for another scan today and sonographer says 4k+( he have to caution us that the baby is bigger than the average already).
Now the issue is 14 July is the EDD, is there anything wife can be doing to reduce the weight before then?
I don't want the Doctor advising CS because of baby 's weight plus I have read of tears being one of the result of big baby too.
Even though I have been trying to not let her eat swallow in the night and taking Milo/milk, but she will rather eat that than any other light food mostly because she do come back late from work and all.
This is our first and seriously apart from the normal small small serere...it has been so wonderful with no much stress.....I need guidance on the way out of this pls.

Omo!
If she can try to eat healthy for the next 3 weeks, more veggies n reduce carbs, it just might help.
But then again, I'd advice U speak t ur Dr to clear ir doubts.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyamefa: 3:57am On Jun 24, 2021
curiousdh:

Please don’t be bothered. As advised, she can try to eat more healthy in the time left but a big baby will be a big baby. Speak to your doc, by God’s grace her delivery will be fine. You should also know that the measurements given could be incorrect sometimes. Regardless of how she births the baby, the goal is mom and baby alive/healthy.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 7:26am On Jun 24, 2021
BS!!! PART 1
EDD 1st June, Baby arrived on 5th June at 40 weeks 4 days.

So at about 7am I started feeling a kind of tingling sensation around my waist. I thought it was just a one-off stuff. But I kept feeling it at intervals, I said to myself, " it's  about to go down, baby it's time". I told God, " it's time, align my helpers, surround my bed with the host of heaven, grant wisdom to everyone that will attend to me".
I was hungry so I hurriedly made tea and took with my lactation cookies, the pain kept coming and going, not crazy pain though. So I called my doctor,  she said if I start feeling it twice in 10 mins I should head to the hospital.
When I started feeling it every 5 mins I took my bath and rechecked my hospital bag. I left for the hospital at about past 10am.
As I entered the labour word, I met women screaming out all sort of lamentations due to pain. The woman opposite me kept saying, "nurse, pls help me, I am tired, you people should pity me". The nurse told her, "madam push, you are already 10cm dilated since and you don't want to push. Lie on ur side and keep pushing when I see your baby's head I will come".  The woman was in agony. I was deeply touched and I started praying for her. I was praying for all the woman in pains one after the other, I said, "God, those are your children calling out to you, hear them and answer them and they will praise you".
Cc: chocome

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2021
PART 2
The nurse I met liked me immediately and said I was her friend, she was already assisting me greatly.
I was checked and was 5cm, in the next 1 hour I was 6cm. The contractions weren't so strong.
The woman opposite me kept begging, then they went to her, they tried getting her to push, I encouraged her, even in my pains I told her to be looking at her navel while pushing and she should keep her waist down too to avoid tear. She tried but it was unsuccessful, the left her again. The next time they came after d woman begged for so long, they discovered the baby wasn't lying properly, so they decided to leave her and wait for the doctors to come access her and possibly  recommend CS. The doctors were all in the theater then, they did about 5 CS that morning.
After about an hour a doctor friend I knew that wasn't even on duty walked in, he saw me and smiled, I said to myself,"wow, God you are great".
He walked straight to me and said, "ah ah, see my person o, so you are here". I said doctor, pls I will need an epidural,  he said but I have already gone far, dat no need na.
He checked me and I was still 6cm. He said they should give me a little dose of oxytocin. They did, and my contractions got stronger and closer almost immediate.
The woman opposite me begged him to come over to check her, after he did, he told them to give her oxytocin that she will birth the baby, that doctor was her saving grace. He checked her and discovered her bladder was so full, he was angry that why did they leave us with filled bladder.

My nurse friend asked me if I felt like peeing, I said yes, I tried but nothing came out as d pressure on my bladder was much. The Doctor instructed her to fix a catheter immediately, as she did alot of urine came out, and I immediately went from 6cm to 8cm, she said ah, the way she is seeing me she needs to start preparing for me, I started feeling a strong urge to push, I started saying, nurse pls help me not to push because I was thinking it was still too early and I didn't want to push prematurely. I couldn't control the urge, d nurse was shocked at how fast the labour progressed. She said, I should push when I feel the urge,  I asked her how many cm and she said 10cm, that see my baby's head. I was shocked, in less than 10 mins I went from 6cm to 10cm.

18 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Misblah(f): 8:45am On Jun 24, 2021
Top of the morning October Mommas!!! Sure y’all are bouncing. As for me I’m still vomiting o, two days ago I had blood in my stool so I was admitted till now…doing better tho.
I did my scan yesterday and it’s a GIRL!!!!! I’m so excited cos this is what I actually wanted lol.
Cappo please help me update XX, EDD 20th October.
Can’t wait to leave this hospital and be strong again sha
Can’t wait to share my BS, see my LO and DH finally!!! I feel so alone eh
Have a great day y’all

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 9:34am On Jun 24, 2021
[quote author=curiousdh post=103027499]Good evening to the expecting Mamas and Papas here.

It happens that wifey is 37weeks gone and the last scan we had 2 weeks ago says the baby was 2.2kg as at then. Wte]

First, scan only gives an estimated weight it's not always correct. She should try to clean her diet. I know pregnancy makes us eat a lot but she should go mainly on protein because baby puts on more weight at the end of pregnancy
Eat sweet potatoe, veggies, fruits ,boiled egg, swallow in the afternoons not at night and her tea should be lipton and a lot of milk instead of milo. Just to add, there are women who have big babies without stress or tear so don't program your mind with fear. All we want is a safe delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2021
September mamas, how are we all doing? Kindly quote or mention me to update baby sex.
Are we getting prepared? After July is August then September.
Has anyone started shopping for baby yet?, I have gotten most of all I need, just few left.

I bought my things from Zaynie, her prizes are very fair and she never gets tired of answering my numerous questions. You can even have a payment plan with her if you don't have the money at once.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2021
oke22:
Please help I saw these thing on my babies chest and groin area what could it be
The picture is not too clear,hope it's not eela as it is called by Yoruba.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ibk555: 11:02am On Jun 24, 2021
You can lick natural honey to ease the cough, I don't know if it's okay to use cough syrup in pregnancy. It's best to avoid all drugs not prescribed by the doctor.

Howyeh:
Good evening mamas!
Thanks!

Welcome princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
Howyeh:
Good evening mamas!
Thanks!

Welcome princess.
U can try sugar and palmoil mixed together u just lick for like two days that's what I use when I had cough too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
March mamas how's are los doing.Vigilante trimester should be over for most of us now.
Am so grateful to God my boy is three months today,he now sleeps throughout the night,can hold his toy for a while,but we have not achieved total neck control. Wishing other preggy mamas safe delivery

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Oliran:
September mamas, how are we all doing? Kindly quote or mention me to update baby sex.
Has anyone started shopping for baby yet?, I have gotten most of all I need, just few left.

I bought my things from Zaynie, her prizes are very fair and she never gets tired of answering my numerous questions. You can even have a payment plan with her if you don't have the money at once.

Thanks mama! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibk555:
You can lick natural honey to ease the cough, I don't know if it's okay to use cough syrup in pregnancy. It's best to avoid all drugs not prescribed by the doctor.

Thanks mama!
Later went to the hosptl, and I tested +ve to malaria.
Currently on drugs.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Howyeh(f): 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Tinudesi:

U can try sugar and palmoil mixed together u just lick for like two days that's what I use when I had cough too.
I tried this, it didn't work.
Went to the hosptl earlier today, and I tested +ve to malaria.
I've been given drugs, and rest was recommended.
Thanks mama!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 1:13am On Jun 25, 2021
Tinudesi:

The picture is not too clear,hope it's not eela as it is called by Yoruba.
who knows I will take a clearer pic tomorrow
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2021
Oliran:

We are fine o, 28weeks gone, third trimester please be good to us o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WetSmoke: 9:13am On Jun 25, 2021
BS Part 2
The nurse I met liked me immediately and said I was her friend, she was already assisting me greatly.
I was checked and was 5cm, in the next 1 hour I was 6cm. The contractions weren't so strong.
The woman opposite me kept begging, then they went to her, they tried getting her to push, I encouraged her, even in my pains I told her to be looking at her navel while pushing and she should keep her waist down too to avoid tear. She tried but it was unsuccessful, the left her again. The next time they came after d woman begged for so long, they discovered the baby wasn't lying properly, so they decided to leave her and wait for the doctors to come access her and possibly  recommend CS. The doctors were all in the theater then, they did about 5 CS that morning.
After about an hour a doctor friend I knew that wasn't even on duty walked in, he saw me and smiled, I said to myself,"wow, God you are great".
He walked straight to me and said, "ah ah, see my person o, so you are here". I said doctor, pls I will need an epidural,  he said but I have already gone far, dat no need na.
He checked me and I was still 6cm. He said they should give me a little dose of oxytocin. They did, and my contractions got stronger and closer almost immediately.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 11:53am On Jun 25, 2021
Goldie50:
BS! BS!! BS!!!

I got married in May, 2020. As a JJC, I felt pregnancy would come immediately. But, after three months of seeing my period, I became worried. My mom would always tell me to calm down that we just got married. But, I would tell her that this is how it starts. From three months of waiting, it would turn to three years. I refused to be calm. I kept researching on how to get pregnant and taking folic acid.

But God wanted me to turn to Him and depend on Him completely. He directed me to Genesis 1:28. I have read that place many times before. But on that fateful day, I saw a deeper meaning in it.
I realized that God has commanded all His creations to reproduce and multiply. This includes the trees, animals and humans. Everything!! All of creation is under His command. That's why animals get pregnant without prayer and fasting. That's why mango trees produce fruits without issues. It is supposed to be the same thing for us. We are not supposed to struggle to reproduce. The struggle is usually from the devil.

When I realized this, I picked up a jotter and wrote out all the Bible verses that talk about reproduction. Then, I started confessing them day and night. I confessed that God has commanded me to reproduce. So, I must reproduce because God has spoken! I confessed that I would be confirmed pregnant that month (September), and it was so. God has shown me that anyone who trusts in Him will not be put to shame. He has shown me that His word is final. He has shown me that with faith we can move mountains. May His name alone be praised.

For every GTC mother out there, please, be rest assured that God has commanded you to be fruitful. God is not the one delaying your baby. You have to stand and fight spiritually with the word of God. Write out your confessions and say them daily. His word will surely come to pass in your life.

FIRST TRIMESTER

Omo! I had all the symptoms in the textbook cheesy. I vomited every morning, every time I tried to brush my teeth. To the extent that I started having phobia for brushing. Then, excess saliva kicked in. Followed by pimples, acnes and black spots. My face was covered with pimples angry. As if that was not enough, I had extreme tiredness at 9 weeks. I remember lying down on the bed with my shoes after work. I couldn't move. It was my husband that removed my shoes later that night. My favorite foods became my enemies. I couldn't eat my beloved rice and stew. I couldn't eat meat or fish. I relied on boiled eggs for protein. I couldn't even stand the sight of stew. I couldn't eat my own food. I must go out and buy food. In short, I wasn't myself in first trimester. But, I was grateful to God to be carrying a life inside of me. It was a heart of gratitude that kept me going.

SECOND TRIMESTER

They say second trimester is the honeymoon stage of pregnancy, but it was not so for me. I was STILL vomiting nonstop. Then I started having pelvic pain and UTI. The one I can't forget was the crazy catarrh that attacked me. It was the worst catarrh of my life. My nostrils were so blocked that I was breathing through my mouth.
Then, the devil struck. Around mid pregnancy week, I noticed a sharp pain in my lower stomach. I googled it and they said it's pelvic pain. So, I removed my mind from it. But the pain got worse. I could barely walk, lie down or even stand for long. My instincts told me that something was gravely wrong. I took myself to the hospital and the doctor diagnosed appendicitis. Ah!! With pregnancy? What's the solution? They scheduled an emergency surgery because of the severity of pain. Me? Surgery? It was like a dream to me cos I have never been admitted in a hospital before, not to talk of undergoing a surgery. I was worried if my baby would make it. I called my family members and everyone stood up in prayers. God was merciful to us. The surgery was successful and the baby intact. I returned home to heal and continued with my pregnancy. Somewhere in my heart, I was worried for my baby because of the amount of IV fluids, antibiotics and anaesthesia that I received during the surgery. But, I fixed my gaze on God and kept saying my confessions.

THIRD TRIMESTER

This was the best time of my pregnancy. I was happier, stronger and more beautiful. All the pimples on my face cleared up. I had more energy, I cooked like no tomorrow, and sex was sweeter grin. The only issue I had were tiredness and pelvic pain. My love for my favorite foods came back to me. I could eat anything I wanted. Life was fun.

DELIVERY/CHILD BIRTH

On the day I clocked 39th week, I stood up to ease myself at night (after doing some squats) and discovered that I was leaking fluid. The water came in droplets at first and later, it started gushing. But, there was no contraction. I was completely fine. No pains.
I called hubby and he hurriedly drove us to the hospital that night. They admitted me and started administering misoprostol. Still, the contractions were not coming strongly. I was still 2cm dilated. The following day, the doctor switched to Oxytocin. Then the contractions kicked in. I dilated slowly all day. Doctor said it's normal cos it's my first pregnancy. By evening, I was 8cm dilated. The pains were almost unbearable. I think I died and resurrected cheesy. At this point, the doctor told me to push whenever I had contractions. I think I pushed several times (I wasn't counting) and my baby dropped on the bed with a small cry. I looked at her and she was complete. I started crying immediately. Me that I didn't cry during the contractions o cheesy. I started crying when I saw my baby grin. I was so glad that she wasn't deformed cos of the surgery I had. Then the doctor told me that I had no vaginal tears. I was shocked and grateful to God at the same time.
Few minutes later, I was able to bathe myself and eat my food.

Thank God that the hospital personnels knew their job. I could have lost the baby because I leaked out all the amniotic fluid inside my womb. But they were able to monitor the fetal heartbeat and hasten the labour appropriately.
I would advise every pregnant woman to register in a good hospital and be close to her doctor. Don't assume anything. Always follow your instincts. If I had overlooked that stomach pain, I would have ended up with a ruptured appendix and a miscarriage. If I had stayed at home after my water broke, I may have lost the baby. So, always seek professional advice. Don't assume anything.

BS submitted.
Congratulations teamie how is our birthday mate regards to our new friend

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2021
oke22:
my baby has it too and have been using this to bath him and a i give him a teaspoon too

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wandeykul(f): 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2021
Krystalluv:
Team December 2021

#TeamFavour
#TeamHealthyBabyandHealthyMummy

How far team mates? Just checking up on us. We are gradually moving out of MS stage to the honeymoon phase.
Pls let's come out and tell us how we are doing.
Who has started antenatal care?

MONIKER........... EDD..........GENDER
1. Krystalluv ........... 11th
2. Mizjemie ............. 27th
3. Ify15 .................... 27th
4. dunnybaby ......... 25th
5. karyss .................. 2th
6. eipreel ................ 29th
7. wandeykul ........... 7th
8. frances01 ............ 9th
9. BabyAvo ............. 25th
10. Firstlady001 .... 15th
11. Senorita222 ..... 29th
12. Mightyability .... 25th

Happy and healthy bumping to us.
#TeamFavour
#TeamNoLoss
#TeamEndOfYearGift
My dear mums, please at 16weeks I'm still experiencing heavy spitting and tiredness. I've lost lots of weight. Please I don't know what to do and I need to resume back at work.. Scan says all is good and could even predict the sex of the baby,I've been doubting if it's really true at 16weeks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2021
Missfree:
Cappo please when are we going to stop this vigil bobo seems active at light while he sleeps during the day

My Sister if you ask me Na who I go ask. Na the same boat we dey o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 2:22pm On Jun 25, 2021
Best1708:

I delivered on the 16th of June

Am so so sorry dear Na the vigilant things dey make me dey miss all this B A abi Na watin. I will update now Pls pardon me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6180) (6181) (6182) (6183) (6184) (6185) (6186) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hadebiimiipee(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.