Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8134628 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) (6197) (6198) (6199) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
Missfree:
my baby has it too and have been using this to bath him and a i give him a teaspoon too
where can I get this
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 2:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Krystalluv:

See this December mama who is hiding. No woody, we go collect fine for late registration if u come late.
For d pain, sabi mamas will say something, I'm less experienced. But if d pain persists, I'll advice you see a doc.
could been uti
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by twoMcfemad: 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
This is our third missionary journey and by God's grace the last.

Having had two wonderful boys, my aim is to focus on them and face other things, but Madam no gree. She maintained we must add one, at least to see if this time, could be a girl.

In no time, around October, pregnancy was confirmed. No serious morning sickness, appetite was great and madam was a workaholic at the 1st trimester.

Apart from the quoted text, everything went well until the later stages of pregnancy when inappetance, vomiting, tiredness came into play.

On Saturday, Madam was feeling very tired, and didn't get herself, she was restless and I was making joke of her that why would she deliver on a Saturday. By Saturday evening, she became strong and we had to re-check our packed bags.

By Sunday morning, around 6am, she saw mucus and thankfully it was her appointment day. We went to church, Madam danced and sang like never before, she was very active . After service, we went to the hospital and doctor confirmed she is 4cm gone, at about 3pm. Dr. Advised she be placed on observation, but we refused and went back home.

Getting home, she packed the senior kids bags, cooked, and perform some other house chores. We went to the church again by 6pm as we have a revival programme and madam was just jumping up and down. I had to beg her take to take it easy but she wouldn't bulge, saying there's nothing.

By 9.30pm, we were back to the hospital and the nurse on duty said we are 8cm gone. She called the doctor and when he came, he said we are just 5cm gone, this was 11pm. Na so the journey start ooo, my people.

My Madam requested that her membranes be ruptured as it were in her previous pregnancies to aid fast contractions (as the water wouldn't break on its own without having the membranes ruptured) and but the doctor said no, that he prefers it naturally,

But by 6am, he had to rupture her membranes and contractions came in 20mins, 15, 10, 5 and 3mins. 5 hours later, his birth was announced.

I give God all the glory and ask that God gives all our Mamas the strength to carry and deliver safely in Jesus Christ name.. Amen.

Ayauche, B. A and B. S submitted.

twoMcfemad:
Dear Mamas,

Let me share an experience of what we are presently going through.

On Wednesday, my Madam woke up with heavy pains in her right leg, suddenly she started contracting and her lower tummy was becoming painful. I tried giving her paracetamol and forced her to eat, she vomited everything and became weak.

Everything just became somewhat in the space of minutes, Oya, hospital straight! She found it difficult to walk into the car at this point.

On getting to the hospital, after first aid treatment and all of that, we were told it was a "threatening miscarriage or preterm labour". She's still undergoing treatment and absolute bed rest as I write.

Lessons Learnt :
* Don't Ignore Signs, please. My Madam noticed these signs as of Tuesday but decided to ignore as she doesn't want to dissapoint her customers.

* Please Mamas, Please Rest well. Life has no duplicate and you're carrying bundles of Joy. My Oga Madam confirmed she wasn't feeling too well on Tuesday but decided to drive to shop to meet her customers, now all the money she made that day have been exhausted on treatment. (This is deliberate so that she could learn lessons cheesy)

*Avoid Stress Please. Get assistance where possible. My Madam no gree make I employ maid. She is a very strong woman no doubt, but she failed to understand that no pregnancy is the same and as we age, the body the changes. Please ooo!!!
No be small thing shuttling between hospital, work and the kids. Hence, Mamas, take good care of your self, biko.

*If you notice anything strange, go see your doctor. And ensure you allow them carry full examination details on you.

Everyone of us will carry to term in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
No be small thing shuttling the hospital.

July Cappo, Madam Ayauche, take this as partial B. S... Lols{with faith ooo IJN}

Best wishes.

30 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 2:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
whyworryPH:
Hello teamie. I have been hiding cos mehn, I didn't plan coming back to pregnancy tread so soon. As withdrawal method don fail me, I'm now on my third missionary journey with a one year old tagging along.

It is well o. Mine is sleep wants to embarrass me everywhere. I also get dizzy but it doesn't last. And my love for carbohydrates now no be here. I can eat rice straight for a week and still not get tired. Something I was curtailing before now.

I pray for a smooth journey for all of us in Jesus name, amen.
congratulations my 2020 teamie, wish you stress-free and happy bumping.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Best1708(f): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2021
Alennsar:

Nawa oo. That is why all pregnant women should be very prayerful, i thought I was the only one that had a very tough delivery to the extent that my placenta was already cutting into pieces just because of carelessness of the nurses and their matron. I was in labor for four days without any progress but they kept on saying we should wait it will progress. It is God almighty that saved I and my baby on the fifth day because I was already infected from too much V. E before being referred.

It is a lesson for us and others too. May we not labor in vain and may God deliver the rest safely.

Chai,may God be praised .Some of these health workers can be mischievous at times.May God continue to watch over us and our babies.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmommy: 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Godliness05:

Thanks for the useful advice. But I want to ask if Pregnatone which contains folic acid and Vitamin B12 used with Iron drug is enough or there is a need for calcium drug with either or Neither of these combination?

I noticed the prevalence of jaundice in new born this days, I once asked how to prevent it and fermented soaked unripe pawpaw water was suggested, please how safe?
I was never prescribed Calcium but I know it's very useful in pregnancy. Some hospitals add it to the routine Prenatal drugs. I only got Pregnatone and much later Astyfer and Asytymin to boost my blood volume. When I changed from Pregnatone to a Prenatal tummy because it was doing me somehow, my Dr evaluated the Gummy and added Folic Acid to it. He said the Folic acid in the Gummy is low plus am carrying Twins so it wasn't nearly enough.

Some Mamas here said once in a while they took CalgoVit but for me, I preferred getting my calcium from food sources. So what I did was change my Milk to Loya Milk that has a high calcium content, higher than other Milks and I think that worked. A mama here used it and recommended.

For the Pawpaw water for Jaundice, I learned that it is used to treat Jaundice in Babies, I don't know about using it while pregnant for Prevention. So if a baby is born and has Jaundice, the mother drinks the unripe paw paw water and breastfeeds continuously so the baby gets it from the breastmilk, a little is also added to Baby's bath water.

Incidentally, I was just reading up on Jaundice in Babies on he UK National Health Website (NHS) and its caused by several things that one has no control of. Example: Mother and Baby having different Blood Group and/or Rhesus factor and this mixing, Infection etc. The site is thorough with causes, treatment etc. You can Google to read more.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Twinmommy: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mizjemie25:

Hello cappo, still battling MS ooo.. for some weeks now I can’t sleep at night.. currently been treated for UTI.. been having some abdominal cramps lately..migraine and palpitations are my new best friends cry hoping to see an obgyn this week.. gaining small energy shall. When is the best time to start shopping?
Heart Palpitations can be caused by low blood levels sometimes. You may want to run a PCV test to be sure and rule this out. Also increase your intake of Fruits and Veggies and Iron rich foods. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2021
4realwoman:
congratulations my 2020 teamie, wish you stress-free and happy bumping.

Oh my cappo! Good to hear from you. Thank you so much for your wishes. Ermm...are you back too grin? See me nah, the thing do me like movie. Not funny on my part rara

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by spaq: 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

I gave birth to my little princess yesterday
EDD: 04/07
DOB: 04/07
BS loading soon

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, I’m a ftm and I learnt a lot from this group.
Safe delivery to the remaining July mamas
I love you all

Cc Ayauche

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Idiataqueen(f): 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mizjemie25:
most likely UTI.. check with your doctor.. I had same symptoms and I’m being treated for UTI
have done that is UTI,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Meyshia: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
BS! BS!! BS!!!

Long post alert

Though it's been two months now post delivery, the 4th trimester has been kinda stressful so I was unable to post my BS as at when due.

Back to Story

On the 3rd of May, I went for a scan to know the baby's condition as advised by my doctor only to discover that the baby is in breech position (i.e head up instead of down) and my EDD is close. I became very afraid which kain die minute breech be dis.

I remember I posted it here that day and asked for opinion. When DH came back he saw the report and called a senior friend of his who is a gynae and explained things to him. The Dr said we shouldn't panic that depending on the doctor I'm seeing it's actually possible to delivery my baby without CS but we should discuss with our doctor first, if their opinion really we can use his hospital if not, we should come down to his.

Next day we got to the hospital where I registered, the Dr want around but we got him on phone and explained situation of things to him. In fact, it was as if he was with my husband's friend when we called him because he said exactly the same thing with him, so we became calm. But I still insisted on seeing him face to face.

On the third day which is a Wednesday after preparing myself and daughter for school, I was feeling this slight menstrual cramp so I told DH to help take our DD to school. After sometime I was relieved and went to the market. At some point in the market cramp came again but I didn't pay much attention to it. Then it became frequent but I was determined to finish my shopping.

The contraction was doing its own, I was doing my own. I no send an cos my mind no even go delivery that day, I though it was Braxton Hicks.

I got home around 4:00pm, did the dishes waited for the gas man to finish repairing the gas cooker and I started cooking. It was at this point I told DH that it seems baby wants to come out o.

He said we should start going to the hospital but I said we should wait till evening. Luckily for me the Dr was in our area that evening and he came to our house. He did VE and confirmed that baby is on the way that he could feel the baby's head, but we should come to the hospital around 9pm and if the contractions bcom unbearable we can come before then.

After he left, I continued my cooking. Prepared better semo with ewedu and buka style soup.

Contraction still dey hold me o. When e hold me I just bend down hold my tummy, take deep breath, begin to count once it releases me like this I quickly stand up, run to do whatever I was doing. E hold me again the cycle continue.

Naso me and contraction dey play hide and seek. Ontop that I ate my hot semo, finished all I had to do hurriedly and then had a warm bath.

As at this time it was past 7 already and the contraction was getting stronger, I called driver that will take us to the hospital, called my sister whom we had a pending discussion just to distract me, the thing hold me I just told her I'll call back I want to poo.

30mins later driver never show, it's now back to back contraction. I told my husband to call the doctor to come pick us since he volunteered earlier and he knows the road better than the driver.

The Doctor came faster than expected, I just wear gown without undies, carry my sling bag to meet him where he parked, those that met me on the way didn't know what was happening I just greeted and walked past, my DH & DD came to join us.

This was around past 8, the contraction kept getting stronger and I felt like urinating instead of poo (did anyone experience this, abi na only me waka come ?)

We got to the hospital, but water never break it was the Dr that broke the water when I get to the labour room and in a short while my baby came forth, not sure of the exact time but I heard 9 kini kan when they were writing the delivery report.

11:00am Thursday morning, I was back in my house with my baby. Everyone was suprised, because they saw me coming back from the market the previous day only to wake up this morning to the news that I've been delivered of a baby.

Also, I think the bumpy bike ride helped reposition the baby (my thoughts tho).

Ladies and gentlemen, that is how the story went.

So sorry it's late, but I've promised that I'll post it. As we all know promise is a debt.

Our May cappo MomoAdura, abo mi re o.

I'm so happy and grateful because he's a rainbow baby, same as his sister.

To all waddling mamas, your bundle of joy is here already. God will be with us all and we will testify.

47 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
frances01:

still dealing with MS and vomiting, started antenatal proper last week also had malaria 1+, completed my medication on saturday.
they removed folic acid for me, gave me fesolate and calcium. My elder sis is starting the shopping on wednesday, am not going to check gender as this is the first one, i want it to be a surprise.

Oh.. I see.. Team surprise. It's okay but curiosity will not allow me wait till then oo, except baby decides to 'hide identity' smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Krystalluv(f): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ify15:

Good morning cappo.We are fine o.How are you too.Feeling much better now. I do feel some movements once in a while though. I always watch my tummy with excitement whenever i have the feeling. Going to register for ante natal before the week runs out by God's Grace.
Shopping has not started yet o.Maybe from September.

We are fine too, just some laziness and metallic taste. I feel the movements only while lying down, DH can't wait to start seeing and feeling the movements too. smiley
Sept is good but I hope heaviness and laziness will not disturb u then.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2021
spaq:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

I gave birth to my little princess yesterday
EDD: 04/07
DOB: 04/07
BS loading soon

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, I’m a ftm and I learnt a lot from this group.
Safe delivery to the remaining July mamas
I love you all

Cc Ayauche

Congrats teamie
This Ayauche's absence is suspicious o!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Alennsar(f): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
Best1708:

Chai,may God be praised .Some of these health workers can be mischievous at times.May God continue to watch over us and our babies.
Aameen ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ayauche(f): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2021
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
With a heartful of thanks I announce the birth of my son on Sunday 4th of July, 2021 at exactly 3pm.
37weeks
3kg.

My July teamies don't be offended, my phone battery was down and didn't bring charger as I never knew I will be asked to stay back at the hospital. Explain better in my B.S.

Congratulations to spaq and twoMcfemad, may the birth of our LO bring more joy and happiness in to our homes.

enque my absence was really suspicious. Hope you are good sis.
All back benchers like me, i don leave una for junction oo.

51 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Slimbae2: 11:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
B.A! B.A!!B.A!!!

With a grateful heart to God Almighty I welcome my little prince
DOB-- July 3rd
EDD -july 19
Safe delivery to the remanning July mama.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Slimbae2: 11:14pm On Jul 05, 2021
Congratulations cappo
quote author=Ayauche post=103408263]B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
With a heartful of thanks I announce the birth of my son on Sunday 4th of July, 2021 at exactly 3pm.
37weeks
3kg.

My July teamies don't be offended, my phone battery was down and didn't bring charger as I never knew I will be asked to stay back at the hospital. Explain better in my B.S.

Congratulations to spaq and twoMcfemad, may the birth of our LO bring more joy and happiness in to our homes.

All back benchers like me, i don leave una for junction oo. [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 11:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ayauche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks
3kg.

Oh my...
Congrats Cappo!

This evening i checked ur last seen and I said this woman don go born shaa, beht make I wait for her to come back, ashey U don leave back benchers port go front.
Okay na! I still gallant wt my coconut head grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by claseek(f): 12:07am On Jul 06, 2021
Ayauche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks
3kg.

congratulations cappo!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by claseek(f): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2021
Slimbae2:
B.A! B.A!!B.A!!!

DOB-- July 3rd
EDD -july 19
congratulations teamie!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoraaquila(f): 4:08am On Jul 06, 2021
Wow. See July teamies give it to us hot hot. grin
Congrats mummys and daddys. Make una do make August enter smiley

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:14am On Jul 06, 2021
Ayauche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks
3kg.

nque my absence was really suspicious. Hope you are good sis.

Congratulations Ayauche

Welcome darling son to July

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:05am On Jul 06, 2021
Slimbae2:
B.A! B.A!!B.A!!!

DOB-- July 3rd
EDD -july 19
congratulations

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:06am On Jul 06, 2021
Ayauche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks
3kg.

congratulations Cappo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by justifiedcoyy(m): 6:09am On Jul 06, 2021
B.A! B A!! B.A!!!!!!

With Joy in my heart and gratitude to God, I announce to birth of my Prince Charming yesterday 5th July 2021 via Emergency CS.

Mother and son are very welll
Father is fine and super excited.

Thanks to everyone who has been of help on this thread and safe delivery to every belleful mama. God will make it easy for everyone.

*Modified*. EDD July 3
Cc

Ayauche

40 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preciousppearl(f): 6:32am On Jul 06, 2021
Krystalluv:

That metallic taste is what I'm battling with now, it's so annoying!
Shopping isn't too early o.. The earlier the better.
Take good care of you and LO.
the metallic taste isn't making me feel good at all,I have to force myself to eat and drink water,it stays all day till I sleep.tried ginger it made it worst, someone suggested I buy bitter cola,will try that today,have any one tried it? Is it safe?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by twoMcfemad: 6:32am On Jul 06, 2021
justifiedcoyy:
B.A! B A!! B.A!!!!!!

With Joy in my heart and gratitude to God, I announce to birth of my Prince Charming yesterday 5th July 2021 via Emergency CS.

Thanks to everyone who has been of help on this thread and safe delivery to every belleful mama. God will make it easy for everyone.

Cc

Ayauche

Congratulations sir! Glad to have birthday mate with my son,here.

July Mamas are wonderful. Back to Back. Our God is good.

Oya, all our remaining July and other pregnant Mamas, Safe deliveries to you. Ease upon everyone in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Ayauche, Congratulations cappo. More blessings on the family. See how we na dey drop it hot hot for you.cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bayobabe(f): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2021
Toooooor, so I am here again..... missionary journey two after 2 years and 9 months..... everybody should Sha welcome me. I never get any team.

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 8:33am On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=Ayauche post=103408263]B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks

Congratulations July cappo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemaville: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=justifiedcoyy post=103413226]B.A! B A!! B.A!!!!!!

Congratulations to you and your family sir

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esetim(f): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2021
Ayauche:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!
37weeks
3kg.

Wow
Congratulations ooo
God is good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) (6197) (6198) (6199) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.