Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8149955 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6351) (6352) (6353) (6354) (6355) (6356) (6357) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BabyAvo: 11:11am On Jan 08, 2022
Thank you soo much.. I really appreciate ma..

successhungry:

Yayyyy! Congratulations,mama. I had this issue when I had my first-
Step 1: nan1 to the rescue
Step 2: daddy sucked brezz..no milk still
Step 3: towel dipped in hot water brezz massage..2spoons of breastmilk
Step 4: hot pap,palm wine,herbs ..breastmilk production increased to 5spoons
Step 5: plenty water intake..no difference
Step 6: Lactation cookies...noticed slight improvement

Las las,we continued with breastmilk and nan till weaning. Please,dont worry yourself too much about not producing breastmilk if you've tried all in your power and no improvement.
As for the positioning; please prop the baby up till you get to a position where you dont need to bend over. The back ache from poor positioning is crazy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BabyAvo: 11:13am On Jan 08, 2022
gracygem100:

Congratulations mama!
Pls get fresh palmwine and take, it will flow out well
Thank you ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Honeysweetest(f): 12:52pm On Jan 08, 2022
BabyAvo:

BA … BA..my prince arrived yesterday.. after 42 weeks..
EDD- 25th DEC
DOB- 7th January
BS loading..
Please it’s my first child.. since yesterday there is no milk from my breast.. and it’s hard to even put him to suck.. no position seem convenient.. please help me
congratulations,keep putting his mouth to ur breast,it will flow,is either it comes out small or big, but it must flow.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tomblessings: 1:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
Good day sabi mamas
This thread helped me a lot in my last pregnancy journey which ended in praise.
This is me again officially signing in with team June.

God will help us all to deliver safely, mother alive, baby alive, dad rejoicing and plenty money to take care of all our needs.
Amen!

My golden chair please � �

22 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Christinaokon(f): 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
Thank you @Salami kehinde.. I really appreciate.. God bless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2022
A friend that is pregnant with her second swears by lactation cookies so you can try it…she also said to get a breast pump and try pumping…..although like someone said sometimes it just happens like that so don’t beat yourself up
BabyAvo:

Ok sis
I am thinking of that .. let me not starve him..
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
This nipple cleaning of a thing…is it necessarywill the milk not flow on its own if it’s going too …pls shade more light on it
Omakraid:

Congratulations ma, baby is blessed in Jesus name. Did you clean your nipples while approaching delivery? If no, try cleaning and take hot meals like swallow, pap, peppersoup and also drink enough warm water. If you can, get a nursing pillow or nursing pad as it will help raise baby up and make him closer to your breast. You can also neatly arrange some wrappers or blanket in a pile and place on your lap before putting baby.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
[quote author=Dsnoni post=109174201][/quote] ok welcome teamie... Will add u now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
BabyAvo:

BA … BA..my prince arrived yesterday.. after 42 weeks..
EDD- 25th DEC
DOB- 7th January
BS loading..
Please it’s my first child.. since yesterday there is no milk from my breast.. and it’s hard to even put him to suck.. no position seem convenient.. please help me
shocked omo!!! After 42weeks ke?! Congratulations oooo.... Mo bayin yo gidigani... Oluwaseun!!!!

Y not try tell a nurse in d hospital u gave birth to help u? Wit my first milk didnt come out too so u told one of d nurse n she press so hard on my nipples... It was very painful ooo.. N milk came out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2022
Mama I hail, pls is Agbalumo not good for a pregnant woman Just wanna be sure.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
This nipple cleaning of a thing…is it necessarywill the milk not flow on its own if it’s going too …pls shade more light on it
My sister, I don't know if it's old wives tale oo but I've heard that cleaning the nipple helps to open up the pores to let out milk flow. Also read it somewhere on Google too

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2022
MorningStar233:
Mama I hail, pls is Agbalumo not good for a pregnant woman Just wanna be sure.
I've taken 11 between Tuesday and now ( I think that's too much sha). It's okay but should not be too much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Tomblessings:
Good day sabi mamas
This thread helped me a lot in my last pregnancy journey which ended in praise.
This is me again officially signing in with team June.

God will help us all to deliver safely, mother alive, baby alive, dad rejoicing and plenty money to take care of all our needs.
Amen!

My golden chair please � �
Welcome mama, Amen to the prayer

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2022
Oh…okay….not sure I’ll do it
Omakraid:

My sister, I don't know if it's old wives tale oo but I've heard that cleaning the nipple helps to open up the pores to let out milk flow. Also read it somewhere on Google too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
But you should before delivery now cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Esthered:
Good morning mamas.
I am having difficulty passing stool for 5 days now. I cried today as I bled to pass stool coupled with my stitched below.
I was at the health center yesterday and the doctor recommended fruits, vegetables, more fluid which I was doing prior to my visit.
They're using breastfeeding to guilt trip me and not prescribe something. Oyibo dey take stool softener as seen on pinterest.
Experienced mamas, epp your junior mbok kubok Abasi.

Take a stool softener. You should not stress yourself this much. Be mindful of the stitches loosening. I can't imagine you going for another re-stitching. A friend went through this same ordeal and took a stool softener. In the meantime, just try to increase your fibre intake. Sorry, sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Take a stool softener. You should not stress yourself this much. Be mindful of the stitches loosening. I can't imagine you going for another re-stitching. A friend went through this same ordeal and took a stool softener. In the meantime, just try to increase your fibre intake. Sorry, sis.

Thank you ayeneka.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funky123(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:

You should teamie, did you noticed dirts in your nipples if you check, my last ANC on Thursday our matron told us to start cleaning when we are getting close
She said we should run with olive oil like 30 minutes before bathing and wash it off and we can also use cotton wool and olive oil to clean
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
Omakraid:

I've taken 11 between Tuesday and now ( I think that's too much sha). It's okay but should not be too much

Okay ma, thanks alot dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ify15(f): 8:01pm On Jan 08, 2022
BS!!!
I am sorry for the late birth story o. I have been so lazy to press phone since delivery. I want to thank God for his Grace upon my life from conception till date. The pregnancy journey was not too stressful for me apart from the normal symptoms applicable to pregnancy.
I delivered on a Friday and the Monday of the week of my delivery(Week39) , I had malaria symptoms, I came here to ask questions if it was part of labour symptoms because I was confused and at the same time scared to go to the hospital because I didn't want to be admitted for treatment. So I was just managing myself with the plan of if it doesn't subside after 3 days I would be left with no choice than to go to the hospital for baby's sake. The next day( Tuesday), I felt relieved and I took a long walk around my house to prepare the body for labour as I was already feeling tired of being pregnant. Wednesday, malaria symptoms started again.Thursday, I felt better again. My body was just playing hide and seek with me. Thursday evening before going to bed,I used the toilet and I saw mucous without blood on my pant, I was confused because I had always thought whenever I see the show, it will be missed with blood, I quickly entered Google and the answers I got were encouraging, they said it means my body was preparing for labour and that labour might start in few days, I kuku relaxed my mind and went to bed as I was not having contractions at all. In the morning, I woke up early, after prayers,i used the toilet and saw the mucous mixed with blood this time. Then I knew the time had come. So I just boiled water for bathing so as to set off for the hospital. It was while bathing I started having contractions, it was coming in about 10 minutes interval and I knew that it was close. Immediately, it was 7am, I left the house for the hospital, on getting there, I was checked and they said i was 6cm dillated.Later I was given buscopan injection to hasten labour. After that the contractions were coming back to back and after some time, they ruptured the amniotic sac. Some minutes after the rupture, I felt the urge to poo and I called on the nurses, they were saying I should not push that it was my baby's head pressing on my rectum. I was screaming to tell them I could not bear it. They came to check me and saw baby's head and started arranging their instruments for delivery. I could not even move to the second stage delivery room, I was asked to remain where I was and they instructed me on pushing, I was doing all I could and they were saying I should push harder, after abt 4 pushes I felt something warm come out of my body and it was my beautiful princess.The time was about 11.38 a.m and she wieighed 3.6kg.She was shown to me to confirm the sex of my baby. And she was cleaned up and dressed up. While she was being cleaned, the placenta came out on its own and I was checked for tears afterwards and they started suturing. They gave me the injection to numb my vj while they were suturing but I still felt pain o.That was how my birthstory went o.I will continue to thank God for his mercies upon my life. Safe delivery to all pregnant mamas. You all will testify of God's goodness in Jesus' name. Cc: Krystalluv birth story submitted. Thanks everyone.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MummyNeto(f): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ify15:
BS!!!
I am sorry for the late birth story o. I have been so lazy to press phone since delivery. I want to thank God for his Grace upon my life from conception till date. The pregnancy journey was not too stressful for me apart from the normal symptoms applicable to pregnancy.
I delivered on a Friday and the Monday of the week of my delivery(Week39) , I had malaria symptoms, I came .
congratulations �

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Funky123(f): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ify15:
BS!!!
I .That was how my birthstory went o.I will continue to thank God for his mercies upon my life. Safe delivery to all pregnant mamas. You all will testify of God's goodness in Jesus' name. Cc: Krystalluv birth story submitted. Thanks everyone.

So sweet to read
I also tap into fast and easy delivery

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
Ify15:
BS!!!
I am sorry for the late birth story o. I have been so lazy to press phone since delivery. I want to thank God for his Grace upon my life from conception till date. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the BS mama. God bless you and the baby.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2022
glimpse:

Oh my. God bless you mama. You no do give away for October born grin. Don't mind me o. I am not even in Lagos sef

Lol
The bodysuits will be too small for an October baby, maybe a preemie October baby sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by semisola: 3:09am On Jan 09, 2022
Orlolahdey:

Cappo y are you still awake by this time?...hope u are healing well? I wish you quick recovery

My dear, it’s when I see a free time.
I thank God, I am much better today, although I haven’t started lactating.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Senorita222(f): 3:52am On Jan 09, 2022
BA!!!BA!!!!

It feels so surreal... I am now a mother
My sonshine arrived on 7th January via Elective CS
Birth weight:4.3kg
Baby,mother and father doing great

Cappo ooo finally oo
Congratulations to all Dec mamas that have put to birth

B.S coming soon... We are recovery

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vwoman200: 5:18am On Jan 09, 2022
Congratulations to the newly born mothers cheesy kiss kiss kiss kiss
The God that saw you all through from pregnancy to birth will make everything perfect in the life of the precious little babies kiss

God please bless me with a BFP this month of January so I can sit on my golden chair here and carry my 2022 gift and bundle of joy this year cry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 7:15am On Jan 09, 2022
zaynie:
Good morning mamas.

I have some really small bodysuits to give out to moms that had their babies in December.
They're really cute for photoshoot sessions.
I said December because it's a size for newborns to up to 5.5kg sha.
So if your 2021 baby is still within that range, then holler at me.

It's free.
Delivery will be sorted by you.
I have only 12 in my hands at the moment.
I'm in Surulere so there's option for pickup.
080. 2474. 0159.

My prince is qualify for this DOB 22/12, hopefully he would be one of the lucky winners. Best of luck to we the contestants cheesy and may God abundantly bless you ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 7:18am On Jan 09, 2022
teebee22:
Rolling Mama's I hail o. Happy new year. Any 2020 mama ready for the baby journey this year?

Me wey don drop one more, overtaking is allowed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IamGreen1(f): 7:21am On Jan 09, 2022
whyworryPH:

Teamie if you find a solution please pass it on to me as well. I never had it this bad with my other pregnancies. I guess I'm paying the price of having kids so close in age. Please try and pack cos the way energy dey jappa now eh... it's well

Put pillow in btw your legs when lying down or sleeping. It'll reduce the pain.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MrHighSea: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2022
Pls I need recommendations for a good hospital for maternity purposes within Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2022
Goodmorning mamas, happy Sunday to us all.... I wokeup to a sad news this morning.... My hubby was ill on d 2nd of january, with d symptoms he was indicatin my mind was tellin me dis man hs contacted covid ooo cs nirmally, e doesnt protect himsef..... On d 5th of january night, i had a terrible headache which i waved that it will go when i wakeup in the morning... It wasnt even morning yet b4 other symptoms started showing.... I started having bodyaches, couples with heart palpitations, chills n chestpains... I just concluded mayb it was pregnancy packages ooo.... Tnkfully i have midwife appointment in few hours... Will tell her everything goin on wit me.... Getting to my appointments was a nightmare cos i was so weak with fatigue.... Tnk God i got der, my bp was checked n my bp was 88/65, fear gripped me, 88 ke? Dis is bad ooo... My midwife didnt say anythin abt my bp but i sha told her abt my symptoms... She asked if i hv had my covid vaccine i said no... She said i shld go 4 covid PCR TEST dt all d symptoms i mentn r covid related, i said God4bide... After leavin her office, i just ordered for d PCR TEST KIT immediately n got d test kit d following day.... Did d test at home.... But b4 i did d test, to correct my bp, i googled n it was stated dt anemia can cause low blood pressure... So i up my iron supplement, tnk God all d symptoms went away except dt i am still feeling weak n a little nauseous... Went to see my private doctor who checked my bp n took my blood n tnk God my bp is bk to 100.... But this morning i got a shocking positive covid test result... Seriously blank on wat to do at d moment... Me dt dont even go out n made less contact wit outside people... Covid stil com inside com meet me through my husband.... I fear 4 me n i fear 4 my unborn baby but i knw my God will protect me n my baby n will b free soon.... Nothin is gonna happen insha Allah.

Msg to all husbands... Pls na beg i dey beg una.... We woman r doing everything to protect ourselves from infections pregnant or not.... Mk una try dey protect una selves too... We cant b running from all d infectns of dia world n una go dey break our protectn barriers. Pls... Tnk U....

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6351) (6352) (6353) (6354) (6355) (6356) (6357) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Eager4Explore and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.