Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8177517 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) (6399) (6400) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2022
kokaiye:
Oh... Apart frm CS dey r all normal birth.
Yes they are
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2022
kokaiye:
grin grin its not gonna b a dull house wit ur comedian hubby... Anything relating to health is free cs of tax dt we paid while working.
Enjoyment things. Imagine free health care cos of taxes paid, naija which way oo undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2022
greatp80:

Till today I am still looking for my incision site. I walk around in my house with my bare tummy and my cribs still doubt that I birthed my lo with CS.
I was delivered of my baby on a Wednesday, starting walking the next day though not easy and discharged on Friday. It added to their confusion. They expected me to stay more days. Lastly my stomach is so flat now even when I don't use girdle.
Good technology is good biko.
Yes sister, CS has moved to another level.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2022
TOHHAN:
Abeg what can be done to swollen legs, my legs just started to dey swell and I do use pillow to support leg from day 1 plus do wear slippers from day 1 of pregnancy because I don't want the swollen leg.

Secondly, my legs do pain if I wake up attyms and to stand up ll become a problem, seems na pajapaja(in Yoruba). Wat can b done to dis too pls. Is dere any anytyn am eating datz causing all dis ejorrr

Hello Sis, if you can get compression socks pls do, otherwise try and keep your feet/legs elevated at all times as much as you can reduce salty food and salt intake generally, i notice when i wear tight shoes like snickers it reduces swelling in my feet and make sure you complain to your Dr, medical term for it is edema.

It is well with you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 11:36am On Feb 07, 2022
bilsworld61:

As in....it's like they have no human feeling at all....I could not type all they made me go thru..but thank God it ended in praise....we even lost a pregnant woman that was brought in after I gave birth.

Hmm it is well and everyone around me is advocating for GH, i am not just interested because of their plenty restrictions, rules and wahala, for instance you must donate blood while in private this is not mandatory, plus DH cannot enter some wards and even delivery room, some GH are not in the best shape, their restroom is terrible and nothing to write home about then some nurses are just not it in terms of attitude and character but everyone commends their experienced hands and availability of equipment.

During my last ANC i visited the labour ward of a GH and it was an apology, but i was told that's where they keep preterm mothers/issues, i am praying their ward for full term delivery is better, i will check it out at my next ANC
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 11:45am On Feb 07, 2022
sugarcoatted:

With all these stories from general hospital, why do people still say they are better than private? I really dont get it. She even said she was screaming while being stiched. Does it mean they dont numb the area before stitch. I cant be reading all these weird things abd still carry myself to general hospital.....from stress of registration due to crowd to spending the whole day for antenatal to delivery stress. Not to talk of if theres an emergency. Except maybe for the cost

i wonder too ooo, but a group i belong too most of the mums there used GH and they all commented that their complications were managed well, which is making me consider GH, not that one prays for complication but just to know in case anything happens one is in good hands.

I use Luth and funny enough the most stressful part is just the 1st day of registration ANC is not bad at all just that if your folder is selected for review by the student Dr's you go tey there no be small, plus the nurses are polite to my surprise but i was discouraged by their wards as in the condition is nothing to write home about, though they said their main block is under renovation so they just have a make-shift ward but still i am not comfortable with it at all

God help us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 11:50am On Feb 07, 2022
kokaiye:
lol... Der is no way dey wont sew d flesh... Its either d surgeon is a good tailor or dey use scar removal 4 their patience.... Scar removal is wat plastic surgeons use to remove scar after operatns

there are new improved ways of closing up incision sites that don't require stitches, read up on surgical staples and surgical glues.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Abbeycharles(m): 12:00pm On Feb 07, 2022
Please how reliable is gender scan?

Wife is 22 weeks (5 months and 2 weeks) pregnant and the doctor said it's a girl

We want to start buying female stuff but another part of me is telling me to chill a little in order not to waste money

Please, how reliable is gender scan and what is the probability of the accuracy? If we wait till, let's say, 7 months and perform another gender scan, is it possible that the same scan will reveal a boy?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 12:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
whyworryPH:
For anyone wondering about the stitchless stitches for CS, it's true. Good hospitals in Nigeria do it now and it's so neat you will almost not be able to tell that a CS was carried out. That's what I got with this second CS and I didn't even know about it until I checked the incision site and was wondering why there was no stitch line.
In fact, the doc even covered the first CS stitch line I had with my second baby that was not looking nice.

Abeg, technology good mbok. Ask questions and if the hospital has it, take the opportunity if you're opting for CS.

for the first CS line you had, they usually take out the scar from the previous incision, as in they cut it out totally, that was what the Dr's in my private hospital and even in GH explained when i asked how previous scar will be managed or if they will make a new incision, so probably why you didn't see the previous scar anymore.

But technology and improvements are good mbok like you talk am

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Towerofgrace: 12:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
Abbeycharles:

Wife is 22 weeks (5 months and 2 weeks) pregnant and the doctor said it's a girl

We want to start buying female stuff but another part of me is telling me to chill a little in order not to waste money

Please, how reliable is gender scan and what is the probability of the accuracy? If we wait till, let's say, 7 months and perform another gender scan, is it possible that the same scan will reveal a boy?

Gender scans are mostly accurate, but for you to be sure, you should take another one probably in a different center just to be sure, and if baby closes leg and doesn't cooperate just buy gender neutral clothing/items for now until delivery, but i will say try taking another scan now so you can start buying stuff gradually.

I had my gender scan at 21weeks, and i have taken 2 other scans afterwards, all 3 gave same sex

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugarcoatted(f): 12:42pm On Feb 07, 2022
Towerofgrace:

i wonder too ooo, but a group i belong too most of the mums there used GH and they all commented that their complications were managed well, which is making me consider GH, not that one prays for complication but just to know in case anything happens one is in good hands.

I use Luth and funny enough the most stressful part is just the 1st day of registration ANC is not bad at all just that if your folder is selected for review by the student Dr's you go tey there no be small, plus the nurses are polite to my surprise but i was discouraged by their wards as in the condition is nothing to write home about, though they said their main block is under renovation so they just have a make-shift ward but still i am not comfortable with it at all

God help us

I guess some are really good, depending on location. Same with private too. There are very good ones and then terrible ones too. I changed hospitals twice before settling for the one i had my baby based on reviews. I cant experiment with my life or my babys'. The final busstop, about 4 of my colleagues had their babies there. The last person was my direct supervisor, infact she suddenly started bleeding profusely in the office. We were so scared. The way they handled the emergency promptly was top notch. The owner of the place is even a gynaecologist.
I can try general hospitals with specific good recommendations, not just because its a general hospital but because people have used that particular one and recommend it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmuFarrah(f): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
Good afternoon everyone. I've been feeling very okay since I confirmed my pregnancy last two weeks but things change recently like 3 days ago and I usually feel really really weak plus no appetite at all coupled with this annoying taste in my mouth and now since yesterday vomiting has joined the group, I feel all this are just temporary (hopefully) that we should wait it out but hubby insist I go to hospital to complain. So I wanna ask if it does really need for me to go to hospital and if not, is there any drug I can be taken?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Halcyon123:
Good afternoon my people grin grin grin

Whoever posted that food should fear God cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
UmmuFarrah:
Good afternoon everyone. I've been feeling very okay since I confirmed my pregnancy last two weeks but things change recently like 3 days ago and I usually feel really really weak plus no appetite at all coupled with this annoying taste in my mouth and now since yesterday vomiting has joined the group, I feel all this are just temporary (hopefully) that we should wait it out but hubby insist I go to hospital to complain. So I wanna ask if it does really need for me to go to hospital and if not, is there any drug I can be taken?
cheesy
This one is normal first trimester package now.
It goes away as you enter the second trimester. But to be on safer side, just go to hospital for test to rule out malaria.
If all's well, they'll just give you folic acid and then probably tell you to wait it out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Abbeycharles:

Brotherly you can scan in different centres, get a girl and still birth a boy. Best is to make sure you buy gender neutral items. When baby comes, you can buy all the colourful things you like
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmuFarrah(f): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

cheesy
This one is normal first trimester package now.
It goes away as you enter the second trimester. But to be on safer side, just go to hospital for test to rule out malaria.
If all's well, they'll just give you folic acid and then probably tell you to wait it out.
You're laughing at me abi. Lolz.
Thank you ma. Will try to go tomorrow then

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
UmmuFarrah:
You are fine ma, morning sickness just paid you a visit and hopefully it goes away after first trimester. Ensure you have something in your tommy no matter how little and eat adequate amount of fruits. It is well ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmuFarrah(f): 2:13pm On Feb 07, 2022
A whole three months of this feeling?? cry
I've heard ma. Thank you so much

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2022
greatp80:

Till today I am still looking for my incision site. I walk around in my house with my bare tummy and my cribs still doubt that I birthed my lo with CS.
I was delivered of my baby on a Wednesday, starting walking the next day though not easy and discharged on Friday. It added to their confusion. They expected me to stay more days. Lastly my stomach is so flat now even when I don't use girdle.
Good technology is good biko.
same with mine, no stitch line, flat stomach as before I got pregnant without any Tommy enhancement. If I don't say I gave birth through CS. You won't believe it.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2022
Omakraid:

Enjoyment things. Imagine free health care cos of taxes paid, naija which way oo undecided
General hospital in Delta state is free o. From pregnancy till your baby is five years old. Free health care. All through till I was referred for my first, I never paid for anything except buying of gloves cos of Corona..... And the matrons attending to us during antenatal are so nice and patient. At every antenatal we go through almost all the test, if not all. Delta state is trying in that aspect o.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2022
teebee22:
General hospital in Delta state is free o. From pregnancy till your baby is five years old. Free health care. All through till I was referred for my first, I never paid for anything except buying of gloves cos of Corona..... And the matrons attending to us during antenatal are so nice and patient. At every antenatal we go through almost all the test, if not all. Delta state is trying in that aspect o.
Wow,that's good to hear, my friend in damaturu also said the same. That's how a working state/country should be not the ones that are collecting money and are still very insultive
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by teebee22(f): 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2022
Pls who have used or have idea about Fmc asaba for antenatal till delivery. I want review and cost pls.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by whyworryPH(f): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2022
Towerofgrace:

for the first CS line you had, they usually take out the scar from the previous incision, as in they cut it out totally, that was what the Dr's in my private hospital and even in GH explained when i asked how previous scar will be managed or if they will make a new incision, so probably why you didn't see the previous scar anymore.

But technology and improvements are good mbok like you talk am

Oh really? That's good to know. Thank you sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Towerofgrace:

there are new improved ways of closing up incision sites that don't require stitches, read up on surgical staples and surgical glues.
i am aware of d surgical staples... I watch movies na grin... But glue??!!! shocked Mba!!! Just hearing of dis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2022
Towerofgrace:

Hello Sis, if you can get compression socks pls do, otherwise try and keep your feet/legs elevated at all times as much as you can reduce salty food and salt intake generally, i notice when i wear tight shoes like snickers it reduces swelling in my feet and make sure you complain to your Dr, medical term for it is edema.

It is well with you
Thanks mama, d swollen leg has reduced again. It do cum and go
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamavic: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2022
kokaiye:
Goodmorning all... I havent heard frm dis my fellow teamates where are u all? Marimaar , rosybabyy , mamavic , LOLDAAR200 , LEGENDSMOTHER , Azaebere , ihateinjustice , richywife , mummyneto , femaletribe , Ashabi08 ... Pls ans ur roll call to knw dt yall r gud... Reason y we do roll call every month b dt... Una just drop names n den disappeared... No dey do us lik dt... Mk una dey show face onces in a while abeg undecided

Thank you so much.

I don taya, to walk sef na war. And the heart burn is not helping...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lovelygbems: 7:31pm On Feb 07, 2022
Are you a woman who wants to connect with like minded women?

Are you passionate about making impact in other women's lives?

Then "Women helping Women" is just for you.....a community of women helping each other grow

Join:

https://www./3196828740539195/?ref=share
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamavic: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
Remicynt:
New member in the house, I wish I knew this group in my first pregnancy e for no hard, anyway e never late. I am team March. It's nice to be here !!!!

Welcome dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamavic: 7:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
Whytehandy:

Thanks cappo for checking on us, happy New month to you and to all pregnant mamas here!.

After February comes March!, all I have to say is "Thank You Lord!".

We've all come this far by His mercy alone and He'll see us through to the end with every one rejoicing to His Glory!

Amen oh

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2022
smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dsnoni(f): 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2022
UmmuFarrah:
A whole three months of this feeling?? cry
I've heard ma. Thank you so much

It comes with the package grin grin grin mine was for about 4 and half months ooo. But it'll end in praise. Just the little you can and alot of fruit as well. You'll pass this stage before you know it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dsnoni(f): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2022
teebee22:

Lemme relocate to delta state ooo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6394) (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) (6399) (6400) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StephOkemini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.