Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8166005 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Chestnut: Hi preggies,am new on dis thread i jst missed my period dis month,am expecting my second child am really happy to join dis thread cos i knw i will gain a lot. Pls am curious abt pregnant woman not eating snail A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fried plantain especially amg we yorubas pls Ђȍw true Ȋ̝̊̅§ it cos my husband jst bought a large number of snail A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ i really want to eat bt i get scared anytym i remember its forbidden ƒσя preggies

There is no law against pregnant women eating these things uv listed,iv stayed in yorubaland for a longtime and I avnt heard of such a practise,but if it is forbidden wher u come from or ur husbandz side,then don't eat it,iv watched enuff nollywood movies for me to just dismiss certain cultural practices

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
pretty trust: @tjskii thanks for d information pls so when do u advise me to stop her breastfeeding she is 7mths nw n she doesn't eat anytin except her frisogold,she is also teething nw and also trying to stand n walk nw

Wow at 7months shez trying to stand and walk,very sharp baby kiss,ul av to stop breastfeedin her immediately o,as long as shez taking frisogold,she'll be fine,ow come she hasn't started taking cereal,is it dt shez rejecting it or dat u avnt tried giving it to her yet?whichever way,if she rejects d cereal,dnt be alarmed,wen thyr teething most babies reject solid food,they'd rather av milk,my son whoz 1+ stil does it,once hez bringing out a new tooth,he rejects solid food(rice,eba etc) and reverts back to cereals only(oats,weetabix etc)
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
@smokey,ure very welcome

@mcfemad,ow body,ow my preggymate,hope shez staying strong,incase shez stil feeling d cramp on her thighs,I don find solution o,at least for her to sleep at nite,@byvan dis info is also for u too,wen she lies on her side,she shud get a cloth to place in btw her thigh and pelvic,d trick is not to allow d upper thigh touch d pelvic,a pillow won't do this trick,but usin a cloth works lik a charm,that's ow iv been gettin some sleep at nite,I discovered this trick by accident(I blv twas God who helped me discover it,wen he saw d pain I was goin thru cheesy)

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dont8(m): 6:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thanks so much. We'll do an online party for your preference cheesy
tjskii: Congrats dont8,God is good,where d party at cheesy

Thanks Rukemi, may Allah accept your act of ibadah
Rukemi291: Alhamdulillah for the success stories on this thread. congrats dont8.

My Muslim preggies, how do u cope with the fasting? I fasted yesterday and i started feeling hypoglycemic and shaking by 11am. I completed the fast though. So i'm taking a rest today. Ramadan Kareem to us all.

Ameen, thanks.
Mcfemad: Congrats Oga Dont8, Olorun awo, a dasi. Regards to the baby and mother.
Mutty.babe:
@dont8: congratulation to u and ur family. am very happy for u, olorun a toju omo naa. and am also using this time to pray for we that are still expeting that God should make the day a joyful one for us. ki olorun so wa kale layo. ka gbohun iya ka gbo tomo. AMEEEEEN

Thanks, I will!
byvan: Congrats Dont8 for the latest addition, take good care of the little one.

Thanks so much.
Prettypresh: Congrat dont8 on d arrival of ur new born baby.

May Allah bless you and your family too.
k4kenny: @Dont8 Alhamdullilah for safe delivery. Ramadan baby, na extra blessing be dat cheesy. May Allah be with ur family.

Thanks (you can ON your bluetooth for me to send the e-rice)cheesy
marygold: @ dont8!Allahu Akbar,congratulations to you and your family.May Allah continue to keep the child healthy and strong.Regards to your wife too and ensure you send our e-rice to us.

I wish all the other expectant moms safe delivery ahead, Insha'Allah.

MASALLAM!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 8:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Madam tjskii, this your discovery should enter Guiness book of records ooo...lolz. Wife will surely tried this tonight. Many thanks,ma'am. Trust you're doing well, e no easy for here ooo as wife just put up several complaints. I'm trusting God that all will be well-make the baby come quick oo...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hahahaha no be only guiness book of records cheesy cheesy
Eeiya say pele to wifey for me,no be beans to carry belle,I went to d offic today for d 1st time in bout 3wks,evrybody wey dey see me just dey hala say dis belle,na lik triplet go dey inside,I just dey climb diff staircases up and down,praying dt d xtra xcse go mak d pikin com quik,but for wia undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thanks tjskil, i definitely will try that kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 12, 2013
My tummy 2 was flat oo @ 17wks, started shootin out by 20wks though nd I'm 24weeks nw.. My pcv was 30 wen I checked last, do I need to take dis poroporo? Was given multivitamins in the hospital.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 6:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Good morning everyone.hope we r al fyn? I will be going to buy my babies stuffs today and am going to get mine too..av nt done a scan yet to knw d gender of d babies bt I av dis feeling dey wil b identical(I love suprises) so I dnt even I shd get d same color for d clothings I wil buy(mum said buyin identical tins wil make den closer) but I tink I shd get difrnt colors...wat do u tink?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 7:10am On Jul 12, 2013
queen_labisi: My tummy 2 was flat oo @ 17wks, started shootin out by 20wks though nd I'm 24weeks nw.. My pcv was 30 wen I checked last, do I need to take dis poroporo? Was given multivitamins in the hospital.

Yes ooo,u nid poroporo,ur pcv shud be at least 35

@humming,so u never buy babyclothes @30+ weeks,welldone o,as per d color of clothing,that wud be ur decision,if I personally had twins,I wud dress dem up in diff colors and styles,I don't lik d idea of both of them putting on identical stuff,they most prbly will resembl each oda,they mite as well start developing seperate personalities
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2013
tjskii:

Yes ooo,u nid poroporo,ur pcv shud be at least 35

@humming,so u never buy babyclothes @30+ weeks,welldone o,as per d color of clothing,that wud be ur decision,if I personally had twins,I wud dress dem up in diff colors and styles,I don't lik d idea of both of them putting on identical stuff,they most prbly will resembl each oda,they mite as well start developing seperate personalities
dnt mind me o..av bin postponin n postponin since bt today na today sha..anoda tin I wnt to ask abt is bby cots(r dey rily compulsory)do dey av any health benefits for d babies n will dia b ones for twins..thnk u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Hummingbird: Good morning everyone.hope we r al fyn? I will be going to buy my babies stuffs today and am going to get mine too..av nt done a scan yet to knw d gender of d babies bt I av dis feeling dey wil b identical(I love suprises) so I dnt even I shd get d same color for d clothings I wil buy(mum said buyin identical tins wil make den closer) but I tink I shd get difrnt colors...wat do u tink?

I personally will buy different colours wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 8:46am On Jul 12, 2013
Hummingbird: Good morning everyone.hope we r al fyn? I will be going to buy my babies stuffs today and am going to get mine too..av nt done a scan yet to knw d gender of d babies bt I av dis feeling dey wil b identical(I love suprises) so I dnt even I shd get d same color for d clothings I wil buy(mum said buyin identical tins wil make den closer) but I tink I shd get difrnt colors...wat do u tink?
Good morning my preggiemate, as for me, i bought different colours, even the blanket and shawl are in diffrent colour, although one is male and the other is female and they are not identical. but i always like identical twin even before am pregnant
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 8:58am On Jul 12, 2013
Mutty.babe:
Good morning my preggiemate, as for me, i bought different colours, even the blanket and shawl are in diffrent colour, although one is male and the other is female and they are not identical. but i always like identical twin even before am pregnant
ok ma bt am 90% sure dey r identical cos dats wat runs in my family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2013
Hummingbird: dnt mind me o..av bin postponin n postponin since bt today na today sha..anoda tin I wnt to ask abt is bby cots(r dey rily compulsory)do dey av any health benefits for d babies n will dia b ones for twins..thnk u

Babycots r not rily compulsory,after bout 3mnths,they don't lik sleepin in them,dunno why,they don't av any health benefits,or u cud buy dose minicots(1500-3k) thing is dt der is effizzy in wen peopl com to visit u after childbirth and ur lil darlings are in a cot cheesy cheesy,but if u cud ignore such vanity,then in my opinion a cot aint nided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:29am On Jul 12, 2013
@honey68,I got a cool place to buy babyclothes o,its caled pep stores,they av a shop in chalenge,but yesterday I heard they av a shop in shoprite,their things are ridiculously cheap and from wat I heard,thyr good quality stuff,I even saw dia flyers,meen I was shocked,shoes that I buy for my son at 3,800 I saw dem for 1700,abeg go and check it out and lemme kno if their things are really as good as peopl r saying
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2013
tjskii: @honey68,I got a cool place to buy babyclothes o,its caled pep stores,they av a shop in chalenge,but yesterday I heard they av a shop in shoprite,their things are ridiculously cheap and from wat I heard,thyr good quality stuff,I even saw dia flyers,meen I was shocked,shoes that I buy for my son at 3,800 I saw dem for 1700,abeg go and check it out and lemme kno if their things are really as good as peopl r saying
Thank you do much ma, my friend told me about their store in apapa lagos but I didn't know they have a branch in lagos. Their things are cheap and of good quality. Will go check it out as soon as I get back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 11:23am On Jul 12, 2013
@honey
is it only at apapa they have store in Lagos? pls confirm if they are around surulere,yaba or maryland. thank you. I tend shopping by end of next month for the baby. l will shopping for office maternity wear by this months end, if you have any good cheap place pls drop address for me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
udoka2: @honey
is it only at apapa they have store in Lagos? pls confirm if they are around surulere,yaba or maryland. thank you. I tend shopping by end of next month for the baby. l will shopping for office maternity wear by this months end, if you have any good cheap place pls drop address for me.
Apparently its a south African retailer like Walmart/asda. This us what I got from their Facebook page 'pep stores nigeria'. They have stores at festac, Allen, bode Thomas, vi, ojodu, iyana ipaja,ogba, dopemu, ibadan. Ikeja store is at Allan street, next to best western hotel, ikeja. Surulere store is 23 bode Thomas street. festac store is at festac 21 road next to AP filling station. Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
thank you very much my sister. God will bless you and tjskii for all your good works on this forum.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chestnut(f): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
[color=][/color]
tjskii:

There is no law against pregnant women eating these things uv listed,iv stayed in yorubaland for a longtime and I avnt heard of such a practise,but if it is forbidden wher u come from or ur husbandz side,then don't eat it,iv watched enuff nollywood movies for me to just dismiss certain cultural practices
Its not forbidden where i come frm, A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ my husband's side i jst heard it frm smeone. Thank U̶̲̥̅̊ for †ђξ advice
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
byvan: @Rukemi,thanks dear,the baby is kicking great.You ll keep getting better by the day,your tummy ll probably be obvious by 24weeks,so relax . God bless and keep you healthy sister.

Amen o. Thanks much.

@Tjskii,K4Kenny,queen labisi. i will balance my strength/fasting. God help me. I wish us a splendid delivery when it's time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Madam Chestnut, when i went to Ifako/Ijaiye General Hospital to register (though i couldnt register because i was told to get a blood donor that i dont have. Hubby works in another town) that the only thing a pregnant woman cannot eat is...... Poison.

So enjoy whatever you crave for in moderation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 13, 2013
Thanks @tjskii, I just hope I get d poroporo 2buy cos I dnt even know what it looks like.... Yea tins are cheap at pep store , bt I'm nt sure of d quality of dere tins though....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
4 all dat has succesfully dropped their bundle of joy, CONGRATULATIONS. Am 10wks now and the nausea is becoming worse and i now get hungry suddenly and sometimes its frustrating cos its so sudden. I dnt know how to handle the hunger. Dat is why i am not fasting
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2013
@all,

l ate egg-roll with viju milk yesterday afternoon, since then l have been so constipated and bloated. Before going to bed l took antacid, but throughout the night l was very uncomfortable, when l belch its like l ate rotten food. Thank God this morning l vomitted and felt better.
I feel better this morning, but havent eaten since after my little afternoon food, hunry in my mouth; not my tommy. I have been taking lots of water. I am a kind of worried.

Secondly, l am 19 weeks but no movement still, in my 18th week, l felt l was having movement, but all just stopped, though l read l should expect movement from 22 weeks, but l believe l should feel something nau
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:32am On Jul 15, 2013
@udoka sowiee dear,but after today stay away from viju,bobo,icecream sef tak wth care,therz one oda one fgten d name,but itz yogurt packed in a 5aliv carton,wth my 1st pregnancy I took viju and imdtly started avin cramps,twas d grace of God,I mite av miscarried,dunno y it hapnd lik dat cos d product hadn't expired or anything,but since then I stayed away from yogurty based products,as for feelin ur baby kick relax,it has to do wth ur babyz positionin,most mums feel their baby kick btw 18_25wks,besides ure probably feeling d baby kick,but u don't realize,d feeling is lik u av lil butterflies in ur tummy,or dt u av a lil gas in ur belly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 15, 2013
udoka2: @all,

l ate egg-roll with viju milk yesterday afternoon, since then l have been so constipated and bloated. Before going to bed l took antacid, but throughout the night l was very uncomfortable, when l belch its like l ate rotten food. Thank God this morning l vomitted and felt better.
I feel better this morning, but havent eaten since after my little afternoon food, hunry in my mouth; not my tommy. I have been taking lots of water. I am a kind of worried.

Secondly, l am 19 weeks but no movement still, in my 18th week, l felt l was having movement, but all just stopped, though l read l should expect movement from 22 weeks, but l believe l should feel something nau
E yah so sorry. Egg and yogurt is a bad food combination both of them produce gas in the process of digestion hence the constipation. The baby at 18 weeks is already quite active but its possible that you don't know since you don't know what to look for. I read in babycenter that the position of the placenta also determines how soon you can feel the baby move. Just be patient. Im 17 weeks plus and I felt my baby's movement from 15 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 15, 2013
beauty?:
4 all dat has succesfully dropped their bundle of joy, CONGRATULATIONS. Am 10wks now and the nausea is becoming worse and i now get hungry suddenly and sometimes its frustrating cos its so sudden. I dnt know how to handle the hunger. Dat is why i am not fasting
Lol, I can relate with the sudden hunger pang. its like eat now on you die. Unfortunately mine hasn't stopped. What I do is to eat bits at a time. like I can eat 6 times in a day but in small quantity.That's how I've been able to manage it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2013
queen_labisi: Thanks @tjskii, I just hope I get d poroporo 2buy cos I dnt even know what it looks like.... Yea tins are cheap at pep store , bt I'm nt sure of d quality of dere tins though....

Thanks I'll probably av to check it out myself to determine d quality kiss hope u got d poroporo

@beauty,don't worry once u pass d 1st trimester,nausea will be a thing of d past,as for d hunger,d baby is developing so he needs all d food he can get
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2013
thank you my sisters.
@tjskii
The feeling you described was exactly what l felt last time that just stopped. I believe all is well, just paranoid!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ Udoka,Thank God you are much better now. I was feeling the same way uptil 24weeks and was wondering if there was any human being in my tommy.Iwent for scanning twice,found out the baby was there and there was a strong heartbeat,i tried asking people wat they mean by a baby kick and i did not feel all what i was told.But between 25-26weeks(im now 26weeks plus) i started feeling something there.Mostly at night,i can say my baby is more active at night maybe thinking that night is day time.Attimes i feel as if my navel is moving,then i see my stomach going up and down.The truth is i feel you alone can describe how the baby movement in your tummy is.For me i started feeling it the way the eye lashes blink,then now i feel it as if when something is trapped and is trying to force its way out(i told my sister last week that its as if when something is caged in a sac and its trying to find itself a way out and she laughed and said thats the best way i have described baby kick)I also discovered that if i go to a place where there is a loud noise i also start feeling that movement,or if i finish eating and put my palm by my right hand side close to my pelvis,i feel as if someting is pushing or removing it but very very gently.In conclusion,dont be paranoid with the word kick,it will soon start.Probablly from 22weeks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: barag(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.