Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8163706 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (6957) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by k4kenny(f): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2013
gringringrin. Tjski u won't keel M̶̲̅ε̲̣ wit laff. On a serious note, d finger tin no be am at all. I went into hosp around 5am and was in labour till midnight, imagine coming to do dat stuff every hour or so. They kept changing shifts when I was there, no less than 6 ppl came to do it :x. My husband had to tell them to stop and wait till I feel ready to push. Chei! Women are trying o.

@mummyf. Congrats on your new blessing. May God see u thru a successful pregnancy. I think its common practice in the private hospital I had my kids to induce labour. They said it makes for shorter labour and quick delivery. I wasn't induced cos of my past cs, they said the tablet my injure my still scarred womb. Wonder how painful it is, uninduced labour sef is sooo darn painful.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 18, 2013
tjskii: Hahahaha my sis I know o,twas becos I didn't want us to start runnin around in d middlle of d nite I went,but nxt time I aint goin nowher till I feel d baby almost comin out sef tongue

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2013
honey86:
Maybe you should try to eat in bits, don't eat a lot at once, that way the body would have started digesting the previous one before you eat another one. Babycenter said our food takes more time to digest because the body keeps the food a lot longer so the baby can get what it needs. Another thing that has been helping me is pepper. It increases my metabolism. Ndo.
@udoka,i am in support. i have tried eating in bits and its helping, infact as low as a slice of yam for about an hr then hunger will call again and i will take little more food. i think you should try it too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 8:49am On Jul 18, 2013
don't worry, we are all anxiously waiting to hear the good news from you. greet the baby for meeeeeeeeeeee
tjskii:

D stomch long ehnnn grin grin,thanks preciate it

I dey o,too lazy to type ni,thanks a bunch
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2013
@all,
Thanks for your advice, l feel good today. I suspect the lucozade l took a day before yesterday to be the cause, l have learnt finally to stay away from all carbonated stuff whatever the name grin.
Mummyf, thanks 2 hrs after taking the oranges l was able to feel a bit good to have normal food.

@tjskii; hahahha for the story, so na operation show me your fingers before poking grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2013
@all, gud morning
Pls I notice I av pile as it has become painful for me to poo has anyone gone thru such before cos I don't know wot I can use to ease off d pain. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
udoka2: @all,
Thanks for your advice, l feel good today. I suspect the lucozade l took a day before yesterday to be the cause, l have learnt finally to stay away from all carbonated stuff whatever the name grin.
Mummyf, thanks 2 hrs after taking the oranges l was able to feel a bit good to have normal food.

@tjskii; hahahha for the story, so na operation show me your fingers before poking grin

My nausea naturally put me off all carbonated drinks...I am someone that could finish 12 bottles of Lacasera in 4days before pregnancy...But when i see the bottle now, i feel as bad as destroying the shop it is sold in.... (Thank God i never tried that. grin) Same goes for coke, Fanta, even malt. I hate them with passion right now.

I can only take fruit juices and soya milk drink in bottle.
Maybe you shld try the Soya drink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
esmeralda1: @all, gud morning
Pls I notice I av pile as it has become painful for me to poo has anyone gone thru such before cos I don't know wot I can use to ease off d pain. Thanks.

Please go to the hospital. Quick recovery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mcfemad(m): 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Trust everyone is doing well,

Madam tjskii, how are you doing now? Your 'finger' story was quite funny ooo, Women are trying ooo. May the good LORD bless you all.

Madam udoka, wife had the same problem; she felt relieved when she started eating in bits. You can eat as much as you want, just take them in bits. Its well with you.

Wife has been having series of complaints (her belly feeling hardy in about 30 mins apart, the doctors call this contraction) and some others I can't find words to explain) and the doctors said the complaints are normal as they are signs of delivery; It's over a week now and all the doctors say its normal normal. Each time she comes up with these complaints especially at night, I'd to check if there's any opening in the veejay or if water is coming out or check something sha (based on what I've read/goggled) smiley smiley. I don't really know self; please help, as first timer, what are those signs to v expect ?, as we wouldn't want to be caught unawares. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ahhh bros,good to hear from u o,I was alredy thinking wifey had borned sef cheesy,here are some of d signs dt wen u see,u shud start taking wifey to d hospital

If her water breaks:all of a sudden water starts comin out of d veegay,twud be as if she peed,ud definitely kno her water has broken,so no nid to check grin

Mucous plug: this is d plug that blocks d cervix,itl come out mucousy and tinged with blood,

Contractions:wen they start coming at least 10mins apart

Note that its not all these signs that come togeda,once u see any of dem,start goin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2013
Goodday everybody,
i was at the hospital thruout yesterday, collected an emergency card (registered or not) though it took a while but i eventually saw a doc. who said i shuldn't use anythin but just to take as many fruits as possible n lots of water that it happens in pregnancy, i used d opportunity to complain about some other things which he helped me with n i eventually went to do a scan for the first time i was so happy seeing my baby well n happy grin infact it was a beautiful experience. Even my hubby that was not there was quite excited when i showed him d pic they took n d report they gave, he's even checked it again n again. We cant thank God enough for the opportunity.
Rukemi291:

Please go to the hospital. Quick recovery
thanks i did as suggested.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 12:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
esmeralda1
Am happy for you sister. did he also say no folic acid?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thanks, No i told him i was using it n he said it was ok
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2013
^^^ wow. Im not even up to 12 wks but i have been taking pregnacare. Does that mean i should stop?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
smokeydrinky
pls dont stop, you need it.

@all

Thinking of baby bath set to buy, chicco, boot, johnson, add more, pls which is the most recommended. l want my baby skin to be like ajibo skin o cheesy.

l love this bassinet, hope baby go gree sleep on it, anyone has price idea?
https://www.nairaland.com/1182421/baby-comestics-accessories-lets-share
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
Add rising raving powder to your list,its very nice on babies skin,its 200 naira for the big one.i use johnsons,some babies react to boot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
thank you sis, i want to go shopping for baby things next month, dont really know what to buy as l dont have any list, though this question has been asked over and over again, just need to get the basic things, like clothes, bath set, and other basic things, when baby comes, need will then determine purchase.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Thats true o, we have to start buying things from 3 months so it doesn't pile up and i don't even have any list except the one i was given from hospital and its only for delivery. please, experienced mothers, come to our rescue.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
1)sleeping suits(1 to 6months)

2)sweaters and trousers

3)baby caps

4)outing clothes(1 to 6months)

5)babywipes and socks

6)face towels and big towel for shower

7)sterilizers

coolMoko methylated spirit

9)cotton wool

10)comb set

11)baby spoon and plate

12 baby bath set

13)cotton buds

15)dettol

16)pegs and baby cloth hanger

1 7) rising raving powder (to prevent rashes)

18)baby sponge

19) diapers

20)baby blanket, cot (not necessary)

21)feeding bottle brush and waterflask

22)baby nail cutter

23 ) baby bibs

24 ) baby carrier

25 ) baby car seat(optional)

26)baby walker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2013
Am just putting down the stuffs I can remember,please don't invest in newborn wears,they outgrow it very fast.3 to 9months with a few newborn will do.Hopefully more list is on the way from other mums.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
@beauty
pls can you share the hospital list with me?

can you all imagine how naive l am in this matter, l never knew wrappers are part of the list, was surprised when my sil told me yesterday that l need up to 5pcs of wrappers.

@byvan
thanks sis! this is exactly the kind of list l need.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
I've started buying stuffs. I also don't want it to be left till the last minute. I'm also interested in the hospital list. I won't be registering in naija till September. may God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2013
baby shawl
maternity pad
olive oil
nursing bra and breast pad
baby drawer
vaseline
trolley or basket for babies toiletries
laundry basket
baby small face towel they use in wiping spit (don't know what its called)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 5:58pm On Jul 19, 2013
pls i need advice on types of maternity pad, I hate Lady Sept and was wondering if there are any other types of pad to usee after delivery that wont b as uncomfortable as lady sept.....thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
@esmeralda. Thank God u are now happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2013
S/n item qty.
1.sanitary pad 4,
2.pampers 2,
3.nightingale towel 4,
4.oliveoil 1 bottle,
5.ment spirit 1,
6.detol 1,
7.baby pants 2,
8.baby showel 1,
9.smal baby towel 1,
10.big baby towel 1,
11.smal baby blanket 1,
12.baby dreses 2,
13.soap n case 1,
14.pack of razor blade 1,
15.tisue 1,
16.flask 1,
17.baby powda 1,
18.set of mothers wear 2,
19.pants(mother) 2,
20.baby sponge 1,
21. Baby pear set (sweater) 1,
22.rubber slipers 1,
23.rubber makintosh 1,
24.omo 250g 1,
25. Jik 1,
26. Morning fresh 1 big
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hummingbird: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hello mothers in the house...how are you doing? Am feeling very very heavy now..cnt even walk well..my hubby has jst bin transferd to lagos..I wil be joining him nxt week,he said he was able to secure an accomodation in Badagry(oko afon)..n he said its close to lasu iyana oba area,pls can anyone get me a very good hospital though I wil register @ Lasuth bt I jst wnt anoda private hospitalcos I knw my babies wil b cmin earlier...my second question is I cnt sleep @ nyt,I barely slip,I av dis cold xpecialy at nyt,hubby n my doc said m ok bt I feel am nt,all I jst do is cry cry and cry..m rily getting tired
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Muttybabe(f): 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
this is my own hospital list. 2 toilet roll, 1 premier soap, 1 cord clamp, 1 olive oil, 1 detol, 1 menthelate spirit, 2 baby soap, 1 pkt of blade, bournvita and milk, 1 glucose d, 1 mucus excrator, 2 pair of glove, 1 pkt of detergent, 1 jik, 1 cotton wool, 1 izal, 3 pads and 1 yard of markintosh.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tjskii(f): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
@humming,sorry lovey,the lord is ur strength,try sitting up to sleep with a pillow suporting ur back instead of lying down,iv gotten to sleep using that technique
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 20, 2013
Good morning everyone, have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2013
@Hummingbird. Please be more prayerful now. God will see you through. Pele, Ndo, Sannu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 9:27am On Jul 20, 2013
@ Hummingbird, I don't stay around badagry so I av no idea of a good private hospital there, but d maternity arm of Lasuth I was told is under renovation so we were advised to go to Ifako-Ijaye Gen. Hospital at College busstop when going to Fagba so that's where we've been using but I don't know if they r thru wit d renovation now.
Pls take care of urself, d Lord is truily ur strength.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (6957) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.