Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146706 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6619) (6620) (6621) (6622) (6623) (6624) (6625) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracygem100: 7:02am On May 19, 2022
voucher:

Congratulations to you mama, May God’s name be praised!
Thanks mama
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 7:03am On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

My LO also weighed 3.3kg at 36weeks scan, my diet did not change but her birth weight was 2.5kg... Experienced mamas is there any reason for this or do sonographers add up the amniotic fluid and placenta when measuring? Abi what am I saying sef cheesy
I think the machine is the one that calculates it based on the height of you baby and maybe size of body parts they measure, somewhat like an automatic calculator. That's probably why it wrong because it doesn't take into consideration the fact that not all babies grow the same. Even after birth two babies who look same will weigh differently. As far as baby's healthy and growing well, not oversize, that's good.

Besides, you can put to bed at that 38 weeks at 3.3kg then is not bad at all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracygem100: 7:05am On May 19, 2022
Flourishing19:

Congratulations, sis.
Thank u mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gracygem100: 7:07am On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

Congratulations mama, thank God for safe delivery. Your LO is blessed
Amen thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:25am On May 19, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
I think the machine is the one that calculates it based on the height of you baby and maybe size of body parts they measure, somewhat like an automatic calculator. That's probably why it wrong because it doesn't take into consideration the fact that not all babies grow the same. Even after birth two babies who look same will weigh differently. As far as baby's healthy and growing well, not oversize, that's good.

Besides, you can put to bed at that 38 weeks at 3.3kg then is not bad at all.

Hamzashaf99:

It's usually like that. Except in a few cases, the weight is just estimated and you'll find it being so far from actual weight.

Toor I was surprised that is it that they didn't measure well cheesy.. Na long she long, she no get weight grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:36am On May 19, 2022
Please mums, since I put to bed on Monday morning my baby has been on oxygen and IV fluids, they said till her breathing is stabilised cos they won't want food or anything to mistakenly enter her airways. Fortunately I didn't start lactating immediately but since yesterday I've been flowing... I can't express and keep the milk cos of light issues... Baby has not taken colostrum (someone said for 2 weeks the breast still produces colostrum, donno how true), should I just squeeze and throw it away to prevent pains? Please I need help before the pains fully sets in
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumplenty(f): 9:05am On May 19, 2022
gracygem100:
BA

The Lord blessed us with a beautiful princess yesterday at 8:15pm via VD in about 3 rigorous hours of labour.

Daddy and big brother are very excited.
CC: May Cappo
Congratulations my dear teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 9:07am On May 19, 2022
Thank you @Plumfina @AmNuhRegular @Layormiii @voucher

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 9:08am On May 19, 2022
You can express and freeze.. ohh, just saw the light issue part.. sorry

Omakraid:
Please mums, since I put to bed on Monday morning my baby has been on oxygen and IV fluids, they said till her breathing is stabilised cos they won't want food or anything to mistakenly enter her airways. Fortunately I didn't start lactating immediately but since yesterday I've been flowing... I can't express and keep the milk cos of light issues... Baby has not taken colostrum (someone said for 2 weeks the breast still produces colostrum, donno how true), should I just squeeze and throw it away to prevent pains? Please I need help before the pains fully sets in
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:10am On May 19, 2022
mzMerci:
You can express and freeze

That's why I said I can't keep cos of light issues here...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumplenty(f): 9:19am On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

My LO also weighed 3.3kg at 36weeks scan, my diet did not change but her birth weight was 2.5kg... Experienced mamas is there any reason for this or do sonographers add up the amniotic fluid and placenta when measuring? Abi what am I saying sef cheesy
I wish your baby quick recovery, God will perfect your Victory

About the baby weight
The scan I did at 38week, there's a clause there in the results and I quote
*Gestational age estimation is more accurate when done earlier in pregnancy
*The weight is +/- 15 percent and is valid on the day of measurements ONLY

So na ordinary estimation den dey do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:28am On May 19, 2022
Here to rant
Been having pain since I woke up in my jajaina, my pelvic, basically where the baby head is. . Walking is hard, lying down is harder. Everywhere is just stiff and painful.
To think that my Edd is June. The lord is my strength. I don cry taya this morning.

Sometimes you wakeup to pie at night and u can't even walk or stand up well cos your bladder is so full and your baby head is pressing it . cry

No wonder mother's have such strong bonds with their children, the love, the protection and doting, cos the pain of 9month aloooneeee.. I salute mother's .

Walai pregnancy scare me now, after delivery, nah to avoid baby dance for complete one year o

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 10:03am On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

Ahhhh, me self I'm confused like this now..my dear I could not cope with any diet change abeg..make hunger no go finish me. How's our precious little baby doing??

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyfair: 10:34am On May 19, 2022
gracygem100:
BA

The Lord blessed us with a beautiful princess yesterday at 8:15pm via VD in about 3 rigorous hours of labour.

Congratulations teamie! God bless the little one.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciousgirl20(f): 10:50am On May 19, 2022
Good morning mummies, pls my baby is 1 month, she hasn't poo since 3days now. What can I do for her to poo, she's struggling to wch I can see...she's on formula, I give her water n breastmilk
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytoo: 11:01am On May 19, 2022
gracygem100:
BA

Congratulations❤ mama
God bless your home
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 11:03am On May 19, 2022
Graciousgirl20:
Good morning mummies, pls my baby is 1 month, she hasn't poo since 3days now. What can I do for her to poo, she's struggling to wch I can see...she's on formula, I give her water n breastmilk

A mama posted this here a while ago and I screenshoted it..I don't know if it might help.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amakapritty(f): 11:21am On May 19, 2022
Hi mamas pls has anyone ever treated UTI in first trimester with antibiotic......my doctor recommended one because there was blood in my urine and am just too afraid to take it what do u think
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 11:23am On May 19, 2022
voucher:
November mamas how are we doing? Has anyone known their LOs sex? Me I can’t wait again, i keep checking the calendar and counting down to when i can know ( I intend going when we are 16 weeks and i hope the scan will able to show me by then o..
To think i said i wanted to try Team surprise,Loool

Teamie we don't know yet o, just be calming down you will soon know but will it show by then(16 wks)?
I am 16weeks today but I don't intend to do another scan till we are 24wks.
I have done 2 scans already.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 11:24am On May 19, 2022
Amakapritty:
Hi mamas pls has anyone ever treated UTI in first trimester with antibiotic......my doctor recommended one because there was blood in my urine and am just too afraid to take it what do u think

Yes I have, when I was having painful urination. Dr. Prescribed Augmentin 625mg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:25am On May 19, 2022
MorningStar233:

Ahhhh, me self I'm confused like this now..my dear I could not cope with any diet change abeg..make hunger no go finish me. How's our precious little baby doing??
She's very fine ma, thank you.

mumplenty:

I wish your baby quick recovery, God will perfect your Victory

About the baby weight
The scan I did at 38week, there's a clause there in the results and I quote
*Gestational age estimation is more accurate when done earlier in pregnancy
*The weight is +/- 15 percent and is valid on the day of measurements ONLY

So na ordinary estimation den dey do
Oh OK, thanks for the enlightenment and Amen to the prayer.. @MorningStar233 don't starve our baby oo, come and see this..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 11:26am On May 19, 2022
Congratulations to all may Mama's that have birthed their Lo.
May God keep and preserve you all.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:30am On May 19, 2022
Layormiii:
Here to rant
Been having pain since I woke up in my jajaina, my pelvic, basically where the baby head is. . Walking is hard, lying down is harder. Everywhere is just stiff and painful.
To think that my Edd is June. The lord is my strength. I don cry taya this morning.

Sometimes you wakeup to pie at night and u can't even walk or stand up well cos your bladder is so full and your baby head is pressing it . cry

No wonder mother's have such strong bonds with their children, the love, the protection and doting, cos the pain of 9month aloooneeee.. I salute mother's .

Walai pregnancy scare me now, after delivery, nah to avoid baby dance for complete one year o
If I hear say you avoid baby dance for 1 year cheesy.. Sorry, sometimes it even feels peppery down there.. My left breast showed me shege, I go dey my dey oo and the nipple will be paining and its not small pain oo, hmmn...

Don't worry, June is by the corner. You might port sef, Sonu
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 11:42am On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

Oh sorry Mama, I wish your baby swift recovery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:45am On May 19, 2022
imsettled2:

Oh sorry Mama, I wish your baby swift recovery.
Thanks so much mama..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amakapritty(f): 11:53am On May 19, 2022
imsettled2:

Yes I have, when I was having painful urination. Dr. Prescribed Augmentin 625mg

Sorry what trimester where u then because am still in my first trimester
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 12:00pm On May 19, 2022
mzMerci:
Like play like play, this single tiny fibroid causing me pain has placed me on tramadol, salbutamol and fluids. It never disturbed me all through first and second trimester, don’t know why it’s now that I’m less than 3 weeks to term that it’s now showing me pepper. Spent my day crying like an infant. I have my hospital bag ready just incase my son decides to play surprise. As big as I am, my mum has been calling back to back as par I’m still her baby. Omo, I salute all mothers. We’re extraordinary

So sorry abt the pains but I want ask please what is the fxn of that salbutamol cos my doc prescribed it for me too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 12:01pm On May 19, 2022
Omakraid:

If I hear say you avoid baby dance for 1 year cheesy.. Sorry, sometimes it even feels peppery down there.. My left breast showed me shege, I go dey my dey oo and the nipple will be paining and its not small pain oo, hmmn...

Don't worry, June is by the corner. You might port sef, Sonu
my Oma, you're here petting me and you're going through your own too.
How LO doing today
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imsettled2: 12:01pm On May 19, 2022
Amakapritty:

Sorry what trimester where u then because am still in my first trimester

First, abt 8-9weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 12:24pm On May 19, 2022
Vivi01:

After a month for Cs delivery? Thanks for your opinion

Hmmm...you see this sex thingy after CS, I did the do even before 6 weeks post partum check up after CS. Just ask your doctor dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 12:26pm On May 19, 2022
gracygem100:
BA

Congratulations. God bless your baby and entire family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 1:45pm On May 19, 2022
Layormiii:
my Oma, you're here petting me and you're going through your own too.
How LO doing today
She's fine ma, getting better by the day but very skinny now cos of the no feeding stuff

(1) (2) (3) ... (6619) (6620) (6621) (6622) (6623) (6624) (6625) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hamzashaf99(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.